Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, LOTR34 said:

Hopefully the slots won't be wasted on random d list characters.

If there's only 12 slots, I'd highly doubt it. Maybe an exclusive Iron Man, Cap, Thor, Spidey and Hawkeye variant, a few other heroes (ideally Daredevil) and a couple of villains. Similar to the way DC did it, but slightly smaller, which kinda sucks, but it's happening, I can't complain

15 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Marvel CMF is confirmed, 12 figures

Disgusting. 12 figures? Why the hell did they lower the bar so low? For an unlicensed series that makes sense but for a License as big as Marvel? Especially after we saw Disney get 20 minifigures and Harry Potter get 22? This is pathetic. Marvel should have one of the biggest series. Even DC got 16. I hate this. I’m legit less excited now, I hate that Licensed series are affected by Lego’s decision to make smaller CMF waves. Whatever. Huge let down. 

35 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

New sets:

76189 - $9.99 - 49 pieces
76190 - $39.99 - 479 pieces
76191 - $69.99 - 590 pieces
76192 - $69.99 - 527 pieces
76193 - $149.99 - 1901 pieces
76194 - $34.99 - 369 pieces

Me thinks its Mainly Spider Man 3 but I hope we get a comic set thrown in there. Fingers crossed for at least one of those to be a comic set.

Edited by cosmic

Just now, cosmic said:

Disgusting. 12 figures? Why the hell did they lower the bar so low? For an unlicensed series that makes sense but for a License as big as Marvel? Especially after we saw Disney get 20 minifigures and Harry Potter get 22? This is pathetic. Marvel should have one of the biggest series. Even DC got 16. I hate this. I’m legit less excited now, I hate that Licensed series are affected by Lego’s decision to make smaller CMF waves. Whatever. Huge let down.

If you were expecting more your disappointment is kinda your own fault, we already knew every CMF going forward would have 12 figs :def_shrug:

76193 has an unusually good ppp ratio. Could it be a statue, or just a play set or something?

On the subject of the CMF, as long as it has Luis I’ll be happy. ?

Edited by Brickroll

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I really hope the CMF is all MCU. There’s just so much missing

Yea, fingers crossed for a WS version of Bucky. 

:oh: :oh: YESSS!!

An actual Marvel CMF! It doesn't matter to me if it's comics or MCU inspired, I'm sure either will produce at least a few excellent new additions!
Can't wait to see what they'll be :excited:

Regards,
Mitch

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

If you were expecting more your disappointment is kinda your own fault, we already knew every CMF going forward would have 12 figs :def_shrug:

I had this idea Licensed series would be exempt from this. Its still a let down, like they couldn’t somehow make the series bigger?

edit: how likely would it be for these summer sets to be Disney + sets?

Edited by cosmic

Just now, cosmic said:

I had this idea Licensed series would be exempt from this. Its still a let down, like they couldn’t somehow make the series bigger?

I would love to get a huge series but idk, I was already expecting 12 figures so I'm not disappointed :shrug_oh_well:

Just now, cosmic said:

I'm sure there's a reason they made the smaller to begin with. Production costs, maybe, I dunno..
Looking at the HP CMF series, they are incredibly detailed and otherwise advanced compared to figures in regular sets, in my opinion. So perhaps that kind of thing isn't cost-effective anymore for 16 figures and the current pricing.
(Disclaimer: these are all guesses of mine. I have zero knowledge in this sort of thing)

Regards,
Mitch

Yes!!! Finally Marvel cmf is happening! Really bad move on Legos part to make it 12 instead of at least 16 figures! 

Now let’s just hope it’s MCU based so we can get some missing suits from Endgame and others.

21 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

We already have that though :sceptic:

Isn't this comic based? Either way this was a polybag and since those are none existant from where I'm from I never had a solid chance on getting this. 

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote big images from the same page. Thank you.

Just now, LOTR34 said:

Isn't this comic based? Either way this was a polybag and since those are none existant from where I'm from I never had a solid chance on getting this. 

It's a mix between the comic and MCU version. But as it's still a MCU figure I highly doubt they're gonna remake this.

And you could always check BL, it really isn't that expensive.

This news just made my day! I can't believe it's finally happening, I'd rather it be based on MCU but I don't care tbh, I'd buy any Marvel CMF.

The fact that there's only 12 makes me really nervous, I hope they choose right characters and variants. 

Isn't it possible that they'll run with "iconic" designs for characters, rather than any specific MCU / comic designs? Eg for a potential Daredevil figure, going with one that the widest audience would recognise through merch etc rather than specifically designed for one or the other -- similar to Bucky as mentioned already?

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

New sets:

76189 - $9.99 - 49 pieces
76190 - $39.99 - 479 pieces
76191 - $69.99 - 590 pieces
76192 - $69.99 - 527 pieces
76193 - $149.99 - 1901 pieces
76194 - $34.99 - 369 pieces

Am I right in thinking that the mystery (and potentially not-Marvel) D2C is a separate set to any of these? Sorry, I just can't remember if there was a set number attached, but the price was more expensive right? 

Just now, PhoenixBuilder said:

Am I right in thinking that the mystery (and potentially not-Marvel) D2C is a separate set to any of these? Sorry, I just can't remember if there was a set number attached, but the price was more expensive right? 

The D2C I reported on earlier is $300 and seperate from this $150 one. 

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Thanks for clarifying -- potentially expensive year ahead!

I’m reeeeally hoping we get more than twelve figures, but I’m happy that we’re getting a Marvel series period. Surely a Star Wars series could be on the horizon now, though probably not next year since Disney and Harry Potter Series 3 seem like likely candidates for the two licensed CMF slots.

If I were a gambling man, and assuming that this is an MCU series, I’d guess that five slots are automatically tied to the core Avengers, excluding the Hulk since he’s a big fig. Some variants of Iron Man, Captain America, Black Widow, Hawkeye, and Thor would take up a few slots, and then Spider-Man is guaranteed a slot whether or not this is MCU based. That would be half the series if we aren’t getting more than twelve figures in this one. Hopefully the rest will be dedicated to glaring omissions from the theme, as well as maybe a few WandaVision or Falcon/Winter Soldier figures?

The set numbers, prices, and piece counts don’t mean much to me yet, but hopefully a few of them are related to the Disney+ properties. I’m starting to doubt that Spider-Man 3 will be able to release this year, so I don’t know what that means for any sets that were possibly tied to that. Spider-Man sells no matter what, so they’d probably be okay to release several months before the movie, unlike Eternals which is an unknown property to most.

Edited by The Stud

If this Cmf is MCU based then I’m 99% sure we will get Endgame suits for characters who we didn’t get as figures in 2019. LEGO got so much flack from afol community for their handling of Endgame sets they surely must fix that issue.

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Marvel CMF is confirmed, 12 figures

Just a question - is this just speculation or do you know that it's only 12?

I know this is an unpopular opinion but I wish we could still get Disney+ sets instead of just CMF minifigs for those shows. This CMF I hope gives us missing variants like Endgame Cap and Ronin from previous MCU films. 

Yes Marvel CMF, so excited! If it is MCU only would be my dream, based on that my guesses / wishes are: 

Some IronMan suit
Tony Stark in some capacity
Captain America some other variant (Endgame with scales would be awesome) / Steve Rogers
Fat Thor Endgame
SpiderMan Black suit Far from Home
T'Challa, Black Panther is still huge and we only got suited versions
Black Widow (Not sure what, because i feel we already have all kinds of outfits for her, but she's still on of the 6)
Hawkeye (Same as above)
Falcon, new suit from the D+ show
Wanda, D+ show
Vison, D+ show
Captain Marvel, huge fig that Lego and Marvel are pushing

and thats 12 to make the number of the rumors here posted. Still feel that some villans could make it or Rhodey with Air Force suit, but those 12 above are the most marketed / make sense with the D+ shows coming up this year.

40 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

I'm sure there's a reason they made the smaller to begin with. Production costs, maybe, I dunno..
Looking at the HP CMF series, they are incredibly detailed and otherwise advanced compared to figures in regular sets, in my opinion. So perhaps that kind of thing isn't cost-effective anymore for 16 figures and the current pricing.
(Disclaimer: these are all guesses of mine. I have zero knowledge in this sort of thing)

Regards,
Mitch

Come to think of it the global economy has suffered due to covid no? If the series is being released during the pandemic, depending on when it was produced, it could be related to the state of global affairs. If I’m correct many countries took a hit during the pandemic economically speaking, maybe its a factor (not an economist just an idea).

14 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Amazing, any idea what time of year its release is scheduled for?

I hope we get comic versions of Scarlet Witch and Moon Knight in this series.