Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Not sure if someone has pointed this out yet but the new labrador in tan would be perfect for Lucky if LEGO were to make Hawkeye sets.

36 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Apparently Disney will kick WandaVision off with 2 episodes on the 15th! :excited:

it is also said to be very important to the "multiverse trilogy" in phase 4 (Wandavision, Spider-Man 3, and Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness)

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Apparently Disney will kick WandaVision off with 2 episodes on the 15th! :excited:

OMG yay! Now the only thing that’ll make me happier is the announcement of Lego sets

48 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

OMG yay! Now the only thing that’ll make me happier is the announcement of Lego sets

in time hopefully 

So the rumors are that the villain of WandaVision could be one of these four: Grim Reaper, Mephisto, Nightmare, and Agatha Harkness. Honestly, I’ll be thrilled to get a minifig version of any of them

8 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

So the rumors are that the villain of WandaVision could be one of these four: Grim Reaper, Mephisto, Nightmare, and Agatha Harkness. Honestly, I’ll be thrilled to get a minifig version of any of them

my guess is Mephisto, due to his connection with Spider-Man in the comics (One More Day) and how WandaVision is part 1 of the phase 4 multiverse trilogy. I'd love to see the others however if I'm wrong 

4 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

my guess is Mephisto, due to his connection with Spider-Man in the comics (One More Day) and how WandaVision is part 1 of the phase 4 multiverse trilogy. I'd love to see the others however if I'm wrong 

Taking the whole ''multiverse trilogy'' concept in mind Nightmare would also make a lot of sense considering the rumors about him being the villain for Doctor Strange 2 have been going around for a while. 

Really the only one that doesn't make much sense to me in @HarryVader's list is Grim Reaper. There are plenty of hints to Mephisto, Nightmare has been rumored for DS2 for a while and a lot of fan theories suggest Agnes is actually Agatha Harkness. 

I think Agatha is a guaranteed villain as she’s most likely Agnes. I saw a report that said Grim Reaper may be the villain but I agree it doesn’t make too much sense. Either Mephisto or Nightmare would be the perfect choice for this series, and Marvel can save whoever appears to become the overall villain of the multiverse trilogy and even beyond.

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Taking the whole ''multiverse trilogy'' concept in mind Nightmare would also make a lot of sense considering the rumors about him being the villain for Doctor Strange 2 have been going around for a while. 

Really the only one that doesn't make much sense to me in @HarryVader's list is Grim Reaper. There are plenty of hints to Mephisto, Nightmare has been rumored for DS2 for a while and a lot of fan theories suggest Agnes is actually Agatha Harkness. 

among the ones he listed, which ones do you think would work well as a brick built figure? Just curious. I would be content if all were regular figs, but Fin Fang Foom I think needs to be brick built

Edited by TOTDForever

2 hours ago, TOTDForever said:

among the ones he listed, which ones do you think would work well as a brick built figure? Just curious. I would be content if all were regular figs, but Fin Fang Foom I think needs to be brick built

For the WandaVision villains, none would make too much sense as brick-built figs as none of them are known as giant characters. I think the most likely scenario is that they may get brick-built effect pieces like Hela’s leg extension. I do agree that Fin Fang Foom has to be brick-built and maybe even the main build of the set in comes in. 

2 hours ago, HarryVader said:

For the WandaVision villains, none would make too much sense as brick-built figs as none of them are known as giant characters. I think the most likely scenario is that they may get brick-built effect pieces like Hela’s leg extension. I do agree that Fin Fang Foom has to be brick-built and maybe even the main build of the set in comes in. 

call me crazy, but I have a feeling lego may do something like the serpent figs from ninjago. As in, he will have a regular fig body but with a special molded head piece that has a long neck. That is just a crazy thought that most likely won't happen, but you never know how he will look in the movie 

Side note I really hope we get a trailer for shang chi soon :(

Edited by TOTDForever

On 1/4/2021 at 5:46 PM, HarryVader said:

From the new WandaVision teaser, I feel like the beekeeper who emerged out of the sewer could be the main antagonist along with Agnes (maybe the beekeeper is Mephisto or Nightmare?) I’d love to get a figure of him.

Beekeeper is likely a nod to A.I.M's original outfit in the comics, where they work brightly colored hazmat suits that resemble the beekeeper suit. I expect the main villain is AIM, which would be a continuation of the idea of AIM still being active (Ant-Man). This would also explain the inclusion of Jimmy Woo from Ant-Man 2. Either Wanda and Agnes are imprisoned and/or Wanda is imprisoned while Agnes is working with AIM to ensure Scarlet Witch is kept in a dream state.

7 hours ago, HarryVader said:

If I had to guess it is most likely Agatha Harkness, this timed renamed Agnes played by Kathryn Hahn. The character plays a role in the comics that inspired the series and we even see Kathryn Hahn dressed as a witch while sitting in a car and having her two primary colours from the comic when she's in her jogging outfit. Images and comic screencap to demonstrate in the spoiler tag. Chances are we'd get her as a figure regardless if we were to get a set because she is the neighbour character who is known to interact with Wanda and Vision repeatedly throughout the series.

Spoiler

dc0ae4f4a214f78de0bae26f525f4f8d.jpg

tmp_vtdas2_e5ba0609d2a9016f_Screen_Shot_

l-intro-1604679237.jpg

In my view a perfect Lego set would have Wanda and Vision in the comic accurate outfit, Monica Rambeua and Agnes as figures. The set itself would be a typical sitcom style interior room set-up with a TV, Chair and some walls you could rotate to portray different time periods. Maybe throw in the Beekeeper depending on how much of a role they have, but I get the vibe they are primarily just to symbolise an AIM agent.

5 hours ago, HarryVader said:

I think Agatha is a guaranteed villain as she’s most likely Agnes. I saw a report that said Grim Reaper may be the villain but I agree it doesn’t make too much sense. Either Mephisto or Nightmare would be the perfect choice for this series, and Marvel can save whoever appears to become the overall villain of the multiverse trilogy and even beyond.

Most likely the multiverse problems are either a direct result of the actions of the Avengers during Avengers Endgame, Doctor Strange during Doctor Strange or Kang The Conqueror who will appear in Ant-Man 3. Wanda & Agnes will likely be the aspect that makes these problems worsen though. Potentially they don't even need a villain OR if they wanted to set-up a next 'Thanos style threat' for Phase 6 they could say its caused by Annihilus and the Annihilation Wave or a similar cosmic/multiverse scale threat that won't really be addressed until much later on. Also, just realised all these comments are from you, was not intentional, just felt they were the best leaping off points for discussion on the potential figures/sets/discussion :p

Edited by Scarilian

38 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Beekeeper is likely a nod to A.I.M's original outfit in the comics, where they work brightly colored hazmat suits that resemble the beekeeper suit. I expect the main villain is AIM, which would be a continuation of the idea of AIM still being active (Ant-Man). This would also explain the inclusion of Jimmy Woo from Ant-Man 2. Either Wanda and Agnes are imprisoned and/or Wanda is imprisoned while Agnes is working with AIM to ensure Scarlet Witch is kept in a dream state.

Ohhh that's an interesting idea. I doubt that AIM is behind everything though because they are a more science and technology-based organization while Agatha Harkness is a witch. I also heard from a report that the Beekeeper could be an agent of SWORD. It could be that Agnes is the only villain in the series, and I'm overthinking the plot. Back to AIM, I think the MCU incarnation disbanded (at least for now) after Killian's death. If they want to reintroduce AIM, they may have to set up MODOK first. Given that AIM and MODOK have just appeared in the Square Enix game, I'm not sure how early their integration into the MCU will be. 

An idea I've always had for Phase 4 and beyond is that Wanda tears open the multiverse in WandaVision, causing the events in the multiverse trilogy. Kang will probably take advantage the repercussions of both the trilogy and Endgame in later films.

For sets, my dream WandaVision set would be a combination of the Doctor Strange set and the Friends set: a retro living-room setup. However, a set based on the "crazy Marvel action" they teased for the later episodes would also be cool. 

Edited by HarryVader

Had to delete this idea because I accidentally posted it in the DC thread thinking I was here. Basically in the CMF series 21 thread, someone commented thar this years Licensed mini figure series is going to a property that has not yet had a CMF series. The source for this was a former member known as Itaria who I believe may have been credible? I wasn’t around during his tenure.

But if this rumor is true I suspect the biggest and most obvious theme to be Marvel. First, rumors have circulated that Marvel was getting a CMF series this year to begin with, and while originally unfounded and ridiculous, if this claim that the next licensed series is going to a property that has never received it, Marvel is the obvious choice. Sesame Street and Overwatch are the only options, I don’t know Lego to introduce a new licensed theme through a CMF series, so it makes sense for it to be a License already in production. I pray that its Marvel, that would be the absolute best thing ever.

and lastly, if Marvel does get its own series it needs to have 16 figures minimum. Reducing the series to 12 figures makes sense because lego is running out of ideas for their non licensed series. But if Marvel gets a wave it should have ideally 22, like the first Harry Potter wave.

14 hours ago, cosmic said:

Had to delete this idea because I accidentally posted it in the DC thread thinking I was here. Basically in the CMF series 21 thread, someone commented thar this years Licensed mini figure series is going to a property that has not yet had a CMF series. The source for this was a former member known as Itaria who I believe may have been credible? I wasn’t around during his tenure.

But if this rumor is true I suspect the biggest and most obvious theme to be Marvel. First, rumors have circulated that Marvel was getting a CMF series this year to begin with, and while originally unfounded and ridiculous, if this claim that the next licensed series is going to a property that has never received it, Marvel is the obvious choice. Sesame Street and Overwatch are the only options, I don’t know Lego to introduce a new licensed theme through a CMF series, so it makes sense for it to be a License already in production. I pray that its Marvel, that would be the absolute best thing ever.

and lastly, if Marvel does get its own series it needs to have 16 figures minimum. Reducing the series to 12 figures makes sense because lego is running out of ideas for their non licensed series. But if Marvel gets a wave it should have ideally 22, like the first Harry Potter wave.

I don't want to get my hopes up but I'd die if they made a Marvel CMF series. So many Marvel minifigs we need to see. Looking at you, Daredevil, Moon Knight and Silver Surfer.

1 hour ago, Moon_Knight said:

I don't want to get my hopes up but I'd die if they made a Marvel CMF series. So many Marvel minifigs we need to see. Looking at you, Daredevil, Moon Knight and Silver Surfer.

If it’s Marvel cmf, then it’s definitely an MCU based figures not comics. They would be more marketable this way and Disney would obviously want to use this as a way to promote D+ shows. But if they do 2nd series it could be comic based. Just my 2cents.

I know this sound weird but is there a forum for moc ideas just wondering

also if they did a marvel cmf series I think the first series would be a mcu one just because comic characters might not sell well with kids because they haven’t seen these characters and if they did do one they would do moon night because kids wouldn’t know who he his but they might do comic versions of ant man and Hawkeye because kids no them and would want them.

Keep in mind no matter what way Lego does the marvel cmf either being mcu or comic, it won’t be full of new characters it will be a lot of new versions of characters like iron man captain America and Spider-Man 

49 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

If it’s Marvel cmf, then it’s definitely an MCU based figures not comics. They would be more marketable this way and Disney would obviously want to use this as a way to promote D+ shows. But if they do 2nd series it could be comic based. Just my 2cents.

I think it would be split the way the first Harry Potter series had figures from Fantastic Beasts and the original HP films. The question is the proportions used. I personally think it should  be half and half, but maybe the majority of the figures will be MCU based. We’ll see but most likely it’ll have elements of both. 

16 minutes ago, Noobmaster69 said:

I know this sound weird but is there a forum for moc ideas just wondering

If by MOC ideas you mean original set ideas we should have a Superhero wishlist thread. I’m not sure if we have separate threads for DC and Marvel (we might), that’d be a waste though because we should just have one thread for wishlists but if you mean a thread for your original licensed Ideas sets (as in Lego ideas/10,000 votes) we have one too. 

on that note can some MCU fans make a cmf series in the Marvel wishlist thread so I can get an idea what major figures are still missing from the MCU? From my point of view the comic book designs are whats really missing. Decades and decades of different costumes for so many characters, I legit can’t think of many MCU figures I need.

An MCU cmf series with characters from the What If...? series would be awesome.

- Captain Peggy Carter

- T'Challa Star-Lord

- Zombie Cap

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Keep in mind no matter what way Lego does the marvel cmf either being mcu or comic, it won’t be full of new characters it will be a lot of new versions of characters like iron man captain America and Spider-Man 

Thanks for that reminder. I think the appearance of versions of the trinity in the DC series underscores this fact.

18 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

Thanks for that reminder. I think the appearance of versions of the trinity in the DC series underscores this fact.

Half the DC series was new versions of preexisting figures and the other half was new characters. I’d hope for a Marvel series they would;

1) Invest in a bigger series - Marvel sets sell better so we have a better shot at a Series close to the Size of Disney Series 2 or Harry Potter Series 1

2) Have a greater proportion of new characters compared to the DC wave

4 hours ago, Moon_Knight said:

Looking at you, Daredevil, Moon Knight and Silver Surfer.

Call me crazy but I see no reason why figures like this couldn’t be introduced in sets. The Rebirth Superman felt out of place because he could have easily been inserted in a set, same with the Huntress figure. Hopefully Marvel uses this as an opportunity to give us figures they couldn’t conveniently put in sets. Moon Knight less so than the others

Didn’t Fox and Disney work a deal or something in these past 5 years? So much has happened I forgot but maybe we can even see some X Men, who knows.

12 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Half the DC series was new versions of preexisting figures and the other half was new characters. I’d hope for a Marvel series they would;

1) Invest in a bigger series - Marvel sets sell better so we have a better shot at a Series close to the Size of Disney Series 2 or Harry Potter Series 1

2) Have a greater proportion of new characters compared to the DC wave

Call me crazy but I see no reason why figures like this couldn’t be introduced in sets. The Rebirth Superman felt out of place because he could have easily been inserted in a set, same with the Huntress figure. Hopefully Marvel uses this as an opportunity to give us figures they couldn’t conveniently put in sets. Moon Knight less so than the others

Didn’t Fox and Disney work a deal or something in these past 5 years? So much has happened I forgot but maybe we can even see some X Men, who knows.

Disney bought Fox's film rights, so we will get Lego X-men figures. It's just a matter of when.

8 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

Disney bought Fox's film rights, so we will get Lego X-men figures. It's just a matter of when.

When there is a movie to promote it with. Last time they tried it was the worst selling superhero set of that year so whenever the first mcu x-men movie is out 

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

When there is a movie to promote it with. Last time they tried it was the worst selling superhero set of that year so whenever the first mcu x-men movie is out 

that shocks me because I think that was one of the best marvel sets. Great version of wolverine, great builds, affordable price (at the time). People slept on that great set