Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

It kinda doesn't make sense for Lego to release Eternals sets in spring as it would be 6 months before movie comes out. So most kids won't know who the characters are and have no interest in sets. But release in September/ October closers to release makes way more sense.

Plus Shang chi comes out first, so why have Eternals sets before Shang Chi sets?

Just now, benderisgreat said:

It kinda doesn't make sense for Lego to release Eternals sets in spring as it would be 6 months before movie comes out. So most kids won't know who the characters are and have no interest in sets. But release in September/ October closers to release makes way more sense.

Plus Shang chi comes out first, so why have Eternals sets before Shang Chi sets?

Because of the changes in the MCU's release schedule. Eternals was originally supposed to release in November 2020, was then delayed to February 2021 and got delayed again in late september with the current releasedate of November 2021. LEGO sets based on MCU movies usually release 1 or 2 months before the mvoie so the sets were most likely supposed to come out in December or January so there's a good chance the sets were already in production by the time the latest delay was announced. Stopping the production process mid-production and starting it back up a few months later is expensive and so is storing all those manufactured sets for a good half year. LEGO wanting to release the Eternals sets much earlier than they usually do for MCU movies makes a lot of sense from a logistical pov. 

12 hours ago, Azani said:

Not sure what that means; we've seen Spring sets revealed on re new year a few times.

If they are coming in October, then yes, this reveal is odd.

Oops, I meant to say October not April :wall:

6 hours ago, BusterNut31 said:

I hope its April, so tired of waiting for MCU sets by now

I mean regardless of the circumstances you're gonna have to wait for sets to come out, pandemic or not 

7 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Because of the changes in the MCU's release schedule. Eternals was originally supposed to release in November 2020, was then delayed to February 2021 and got delayed again in late september with the current releasedate of November 2021. LEGO sets based on MCU movies usually release 1 or 2 months before the mvoie so the sets were most likely supposed to come out in December or January so there's a good chance the sets were already in production by the time the latest delay was announced. Stopping the production process mid-production and starting it back up a few months later is expensive and so is storing all those manufactured sets for a good half year. LEGO wanting to release the Eternals sets much earlier than they usually do for MCU movies makes a lot of sense from a logistical pov. 

Sure movie constantly changing release dates was a huge letdown and probably had an effect on Lego. But even if they were well into production of these sets I doubt Disney would give them a green light to release sets. We have seen literally no trailer or any story synopsis and toys can spoil a lot( ahem Giant Man in Civil War).

9 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Sure movie constantly changing release dates was a huge letdown and probably had an effect on Lego. But even if they were well into production of these sets I doubt Disney would give them a green light to release sets. We have seen literally no trailer or any story synopsis and toys can spoil a lot( ahem Giant Man in Civil War).

The Marvel Legends action figures have already been leaking online for the past few months, so I doubt the Lego sets reveal anything new that the Legends figures haven't already. Maybe the Domo is a spoiler, but I'm not sure most people even know what that means.

18 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Nope lol

@Falconfan1414 What film are you referring to with the 9 set guess (I didn't know if a past post expired or whatever)?

45 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

@Falconfan1414 What film are you referring to with the 9 set guess (I didn't know if a past post expired or whatever)?

Jurassic World :wink:

46 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

[...] so I doubt the Lego sets reveal anything new that the Legends figures haven't already. Maybe the Domo is a spoiler, but I'm not sure most people even know what that means.

Agreed. I don't think the sets spoil anything, it's just all 10 Eternals and their spaceship, 5 Deviants (including their leader Kro), and the Celestial Arishem. None of that implies anything story-wise and the characters were all confirmed long ago, so releasing these sets early should be a-ok from a spoiler point of view. Marketing-wise, this could be tricky unless they drop alongside or shortly after the first teaser :classic: 

@Falconfan1414 kinda off topic but were you still going to upload that video about Marvel 2021? (I believe a week or so ago you said you were gonna upload something related to it before the Instagram contest took off)

I just listened to the podcast with golden ninja, and falconfan said that the SM 3 sets could be the best marvel wave of all time....I am so happy Spider-Man is gonna get that level of love if its true. We could very well get 6 sets for this wave due to the amount of characters that are said to make an appearance in this movie. I really want playset builds in this wave and very minimal vehicle builds (unless the scene ACTUALLY requires there to be a vehicle lol). Give me an $80-$90 Spider-Man set again please (Like the web warriors ultimate bridge battle).

The set numbers aren't public yet, but given what Falconfan said in the podcast, he definitely has some inkling on what they may be. 

Edited by TOTDForever

10 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Stopping the production process mid-production and starting it back up a few months later is expensive and so is storing all those manufactured sets for a good half year. 

They're doing exactly that (the bolded bit) with other merchandise. The Marvel Legends Eternals figures have already begun leaking out online because they won't be in stores until closer to the movie's release date. Same with some Falcon and Winter Soldier Funkos and Minimates that were also delayed because the show was pushed back. Black Widow is the exception, and the Hasbro team mentioned that one was unavoidable because the toys had already shipped and were in transit when Disney made the decision to delay the movie until next year.

6 hours ago, TOTDForever said:

@Falconfan1414 kinda off topic but were you still going to upload that video about Marvel 2021? (I believe a week or so ago you said you were gonna upload something related to it before the Instagram contest took off)

I just listened to the podcast with golden ninja, and falconfan said that the SM 3 sets could be the best marvel wave of all time....I am so happy Spider-Man is gonna get that level of love if its true. We could very well get 6 sets for this wave due to the amount of characters that are said to make an appearance in this movie. I really want playset builds in this wave and very minimal vehicle builds (unless the scene ACTUALLY requires there to be a vehicle lol). Give me an $80-$90 Spider-Man set again please (Like the web warriors ultimate bridge battle).

The set numbers aren't public yet, but given what Falconfan said in the podcast, he definitely has some inkling on what they may be. 

What is the podcast name? I’d love to make it part of my podcast playlist :)

Also, I’m getting the feeling 2021 will have a lot of movies and how are we sure they’ll all get a fair treatment? Lego does about 9 or 10 sets for MCU in a given year right? Unless we won’t have any comic based sets later in the year. 

So 4 sets for eternals, let’s say 5 for Spider-Man. So Shang Chi only gets 1? Idk this pandemic has thrown everything off and we don’t even know if this year will be normal for theaters and Lego. It could be that things get delayed yet again.

4 minutes ago, Leggomyleggo said:

Also, I’m getting the feeling 2021 will have a lot of movies and how are we sure they’ll all get a fair treatment? Lego does about 9 or 10 sets for MCU in a given year right? Unless we won’t have any comic based sets later in the year. 

So 4 sets for eternals, let’s say 5 for Spider-Man. So Shang Chi only gets 1? Idk this pandemic has thrown everything off and we don’t even know if this year will be normal for theaters and Lego. It could be that things get delayed yet again.

just look up Falconfan1414 and golden ninja on YouTube, it should be one of the first videos (Q and A podcast). I actually asked him about the Spider-Man 3 sets on his Instagram stories and that was the question he answered in the podcast ? it is about 1 hour and 6 minutes in

11 hours ago, Leggomyleggo said:

It looks like Shang-Chi is getting two sets and Falconfan pretty much confirmed that Spider-Man is getting more than 3.

44 minutes ago, BigGuy4U said:

It looks like Shang-Chi is getting two sets and Falconfan pretty much confirmed that Spider-Man is getting more than 3.

he also said it'll be the best marvel wave up to date and we wouldn't be disappointed 

From the new WandaVision teaser, I feel like the beekeeper who emerged out of the sewer could be the main antagonist along with Agnes (maybe the beekeeper is Mephisto or Nightmare?) I’d love to get a figure of him.

9 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

he also said it'll be the best marvel wave up to date and we wouldn't be disappointed 

I said could be the best marvel wave to date not that it WILL be the best marvel wave to date. Let’s just say that with eternals seemly keeping their assigned set numbers it makes things a lot easier. A chunk of it is detective work. But again if the cards fall right in the way it appears they are, it will make people very happy, but again not confirming anything just yet

4 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

From the new WandaVision teaser, I feel like the beekeeper who emerged out of the sewer could be the main antagonist along with Agnes (maybe the beekeeper is Mephisto or Nightmare?) I’d love to get a figure of him.

Well it seems like they might be going down a route that could lead to us getting the main villains in potential sets 

17 minutes ago, HarryVader said:

(maybe the beekeeper is Mephisto or Nightmare?)

Its obviously Rita Farr :wink::pir_tong2:

40 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

Even then I would recommend not overhyping yourself. Don't forget about the Helicarrier last year, opinions differ. 

Again I am pretty sure I said has the potential to be one of the best marvel waves same way infinity war and endgame HAD the potential to be one of the best waves for marvel. Just because the potential is there doesn’t mean it will happen 

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

Again I am pretty sure I said has the potential to be one of the best marvel waves same way infinity war and endgame HAD the potential to be one of the best waves for marvel. Just because the potential is there doesn’t mean it will happen 

to be fair we don't know what potential there is to be had since we know next to nothing about the film, funny enough, lego is our only key into the movie at this point lol 

38 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Well it seems like they might be going down a route that could lead to us getting the main villains in potential sets 

I interpret that as meaning that IF Disney+ show sets happen they'll come out after the show has aired, like you've hinted before, so more spoilery elements could be included. I wonder how long of a gap there will be between a show airing and it's possible set(s) coming out.

50 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

That’d make me so happy. I hate MCU sets that don’t give us the main villain (Doctor Strange and GOTG vol. 2 for example).

51 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

same way infinity war and endgame HAD the potential to be one of the best waves for marvel

I still think Infinity War was one of the best waves. Couple of things out of scale, but mostly it was accurate, fun to build, well priced. 

5 minutes ago, ReversibleSedgewick said:

I still think Infinity War was one of the best waves. Couple of things out of scale, but mostly it was accurate, fun to build, well priced. 

Builds were good and some minifigs like Gamora were awesome, buuut LEGO screwed us over with accurate Thanos design! And then they repeated it with Endgame sets. Main character didn’t get accurate figure because LEGO wanted to save a few $.