Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, mmcfan said:

This. It’s been rumoured for SO long but this last year is the first year the rumours seem to have any weight what with the reported tweak to Habros solo marvel figure license. The Eternals look awesome but I feel a CMF is the one thing Lego could do to make up for all the lackluster MCU figs since Ragnarok. 

There are a lot of possible figures that could be in a MCU CMF but don't forget that it's not impossible for it to be a comic series.

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

There are a lot of possible figures that could be in a MCU CMF but don't forget that it's not impossible for it to be a comic series.

That would be CRAZY disappointing (for me personally) but I’m sure it could still bring some useful pieces for MCU figs so I wouldn’t say no to it. 

Just now, mmcfan said:

That would be CRAZY disappointing (for me personally) but I’m sure it could still bring some useful pieces for MCU figs so I wouldn’t say no to it. 

To make sure I don't go too crazy with my spending I decided not to collect any Marvel Comics sets so for me it would be disappointing as well. I'd still get a handfull of figures for their prints (especially if Scarlet Witch would be included as I adore her) but I'd much rather get a MCU CMF. But even if it's Comics I'd be happy for the fans who were rooting for that as there's not a whole lot of good comic stuff coming out these days. 

New year-new thread, nice! 

So any legit reports on when these awesome Eternaks sets are coming out? Definitely not January, so maybe June, same they've done with Ragnarok sets in 2017? 

8 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

New year-new thread, nice! 

So any legit reports on when these awesome Eternaks sets are coming out? Definitely not January, so maybe June, same they've done with Ragnarok sets in 2017? 

April according to Azani

47 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

April according to Azani

This could give us a frame for Shang Chi and SM 3 sets:

April: Eternals

May?: Shang-Chi (Movie releases in July)

October? SM 3 (Movie releases in December)

of course eternals comes out in November and the sets would come out many months before, so I'm not sure if this makes much sense for the SC and SM 3 sets... time will tell!

Yeah I don’t think eternals sets are coming in April. I think it was a error on legos part and they were not supposed to be in the catalog will be available in October of 2021

14 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Yeah I don’t think eternals sets are coming in April. I think it was a error on legos part and they were not supposed to be in the catalog will be available in October of 2021

Wow if they come out in April then this is probably the earliest official reveal from Lego

Edited by HarryVader

Regardless of when they release I'm just glad I've seen them. Because now I at least know that I need to set aside some money to get them all when they do come out :shrug_oh_well:

11 hours ago, mmcfan said:

Ya no, I'd vastly prefer it be comic based. LEGO does really well by the MCU in this theme but horrendously drop the ball on comic based stuff for the most part. I imagine if we get a cmf though, it'll be a mix of both, not exclusively one or the other. I just don't want half of them to be freakin' Iron Man or Spider-man suits.

20 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

Ya no, I'd vastly prefer it be comic based. LEGO does really well by the MCU in this theme but horrendously drop the ball on comic based stuff for the most part. I imagine if we get a cmf though, it'll be a mix of both, not exclusively one or the other. I just don't want half of them to be freakin' Iron Man or Spider-man suits.

I'd much prefer a comics CMF, akin to the one DC got (all the classic comics costumes we'll never get in sets, like Hawkeye and Scarlet Witch), but I suspect Marvel will want any CMF to be MCU-based to help promote Disney+. And, honestly, if it helps fill in the gaps from the awful Endgame sets, that wouldn't be a bad thing.

The good thing here is that (at least in my opinion) this rumored Marvel CMF will most likely have something for everyone, regardless of wether it's based on the comics or the MCU.

Well, I haven’t been active here in quite a while, but I would love a Marvel CMF series. Let’s at least hope for now, 50/50 MCU and comic would be my guess, although it might look weird...

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

The good thing here is that (at least in my opinion) this rumored Marvel CMF will most likely have something for everyone, regardless of wether it's based on the comics or the MCU.

Yeah I figure they’ll include both MCU and comic designs for the series. But that said, I feel the MCU fans get the best sets and waves. Infinity War, Gotg 1+2c, Thor Ragnorok, and Black Panther sets seemed to have covered their movies source material fairly well. Considering we rarely get comic sets I’d much prefer they focus on that more. But I’m  so sure they’ll have something for everyone.

But besides cloaked red skull, Peggy Carter, Baron Zemo and some named characters  in the Thor and Iron Man movies I don’t see many MCU characters missing. I’d rather they release mini figure packs (like the one with Falcon this year) or bricktober packs to fill those gaps but whatever.

Edited by cosmic

4 minutes ago, cosmic said:

but besides cloaked red skull, Peggy Carter, Baron Zemo and some named characters  in the Thor and Iron Man movies I don’t see many MCU characters missing. I’d rather they release mini figure w or bricktober packs to fill those gaps but whatever

There are quite a few characters missing actually, not to mention fan-favorite costumes. They could easily fill up ~4 series with the current MCU releases. 

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

maybe Shang Chi could still have a may slot for the lego set and Spider-Man 3 sets release is up in the air ?

16 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

maybe Shang Chi could still have a may slot for the lego set and Spider-Man 3 sets release is up in the air ?

If I am a betting man I would say 

- Shang chi’s rumored 2 sets in may

- the eternals sets in October 2021

- Spider-Man 3 wave in November 2021

35 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

If I am a betting man I would say 

- Shang chi’s rumored 2 sets in may

- the eternals sets in October 2021

- Spider-Man 3 wave in November 2021

that makes sense, these dates prevent each wave from overshadowing one another. Although it is gonna take a lot to beat the Eternals sets

11 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

that makes sense, these dates prevent each wave from overshadowing one another. Although it is gonna take a lot to beat the Eternals sets

But if they're on the same level as Eternals we have some great stuff to look forward to. Fingers crossed!

On 1/1/2021 at 5:04 AM, Guyon2002 said:

According to @Azani the Eternals sets will release in April

What I'd go on the record saying is "Spring". I'm pretty sure that they're April in the NA and EU markets because of a moderately sized list of partners (including certified stores and the like in their respective countries) that had them listed under "Spring 2021" - but I could have to recant that statement as we get closer to the Spring. I haven't yet seen a certified store or EU partner say "April" - just Spring" - so there's a bit of a margin to consider. Between March 1st and May 1st sounds rational.

A few American retailers have listed them as "April 1st", however. Seemed safe to announce.

Edited by Azani

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

But if they're on the same level as Eternals we have some great stuff to look forward to. Fingers crossed!

Spider-Man deserves some love, I agree (Shang-Chi too), FFH was the best Spider-Man wave in years imo 

5 hours ago, HarryVader said:

Wow if they come out in April then this is probably the earliest official reveal from Lego

Not sure what that means; we've seen Spring sets revealed on re new year a few times.

If they are coming in October, then yes, this reveal is odd.

On 1/1/2021 at 5:53 PM, steyin said:

Does anyone have an update on the Sony PS4 contest for Miles Morales? Were those actually ever sent out to the winners?

I’ve actually been wondering this as well. I haven’t seen a single post, video, or picture of this thing in hand and it’s been a month since they were supposedly shipping them out. I don’t think I had much of a chance of winning or anything (heck, I don’t even think I received any emails saying that they even got my entry), but it’s weird that nothing’s come of it.

Anyhow, here’s to a new year of discussing Lego Marvel! This is going to be the biggest year for the MCU yet, so I imagine non-comic readers like myself will be pleased with what comes out Lego-wise. Keeping my fingers crossed that we get something for at least one of the Disney+ shows, but I’m not expecting too much. 

On 1/1/2021 at 7:48 PM, Guyon2002 said:

Looking back I must say Ikaris is the most disappointing figure for me, his face and hair combination doesn't look anything like Richard Madden and LEGO could've/should've done better. This isn't a case of outdated concept art either as Richard Madden looks pretty much the same in Eternals as he has for years. They should've used the (dark) brown version of that wavy hair piece and an accompanying face with stubble like Poe Damerons or even the old Star Lord/Owen head. I'm glad everyone has brand new legprinting but when you reuse a face at least pick one that actually resembles the actor/actress :hmpf: 

I have to disagree about the hairpiece, looking at promotional images and set photos his hair looks much more blonde-ish than dark brown.

On 1/2/2021 at 11:05 PM, Falconfan1414 said:

I hope its April, so tired of waiting for MCU sets by now