Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Welcome to the Marvel Superheroes discussion thread! 

This thread is dedicated to all Lego related Marvel Superhero discussion throughout 2021--sets, rumors, thoughts, and general Lego Marvel Superheroes discussion. 

Enjoy!

Yeah I saw that...perhaps LEGO pushed it back for as long as possible. 

I would like to think that they will ship out these sets in Jan already and have stores keep it in the back. (well maybe only in South Africa)

Just now, PRbrickbuilder said:

Is Ikaris suit dark blue (the color of MCU Cap and Wasp)? Because sometimes it looks a lighter tone to me.

Looks like normal blue to me. It's too light to be dark blue. 

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

According to @Azani the Eternals sets will release in April

April is not a bad release date since it’s not too early. 

27 minutes ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

Is Ikaris suit dark blue (the color of MCU Cap and Wasp)? Because sometimes it looks a lighter tone to me.

I think the blue is darker than the Lego figure but lighter than Cap’s blue

Edited by HarryVader

On 1/1/2021 at 5:34 PM, HarryVader said:

April is not a bad release date since it’s not too early. 

I think the blue is darker than the Lego figure but lighter than Cap’s blue

Think its the same blue as the Captain Marvel fig from 2020

21 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

My main hope for this year is that that rumor of a Marvel CMF pans out. That is my new year's wish!

You wouldn't have had much luck wishing for that in 2020, the Eternals sets already show an improvement to me and I'm hoping we see great things later on

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Looks like normal blue to me. It's too light to be dark blue. 

I think you're right. Phastos minifigure is darker and is dark blue, just as Cap and Wasp. Ikaris and Ajak torsos are then blue, the color of comic Cap in 76017, for instance.

Looking back I must say Ikaris is the most disappointing figure for me, his face and hair combination doesn't look anything like Richard Madden and LEGO could've/should've done better. This isn't a case of outdated concept art either as Richard Madden looks pretty much the same in Eternals as he has for years. They should've used the (dark) brown version of that wavy hair piece and an accompanying face with stubble like Poe Damerons or even the old Star Lord/Owen head. I'm glad everyone has brand new legprinting but when you reuse a face at least pick one that actually resembles the actor/actress :hmpf: 

On 1/1/2021 at 8:20 PM, PRbrickbuilder said:

I think you're right. Phastos minifigure is darker and is dark blue, just as Cap and Wasp. Ikaris and Ajak torsos are then blue, the color of comic Cap in 76017, for instance.

is it me or is Phastos' arms purple?

His Marvel Legends action figure is purple so could be he has dark blue torso and purple arms with purple printing running down?

9 minutes ago, BusterNut31 said:

His Marvel Legends action figure is purple so could be he has dark blue torso and purple arms with purple printing running down?

Exactly, his arms are purple, and his torso is a darker blue than the ones of Ikaris and Ajak.

10 minutes ago, BusterNut31 said:

is it me or is Phastos' arms purple?

Yup, his main color is dark blue and his arms are purple.

Wow it to me awhile to find this I finished up reading the 2020 forum and I totally forgot there was a new one. 

I just saw ashenflash’s HD pictures and seeing up close the minifigs looks so great I just think my least favorite is the guy in the black. His suit is nice it’s just his face and hair. I’m new to the eternals so I don’t know his name.

7 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

Any idea what the D2C is? 

Nope, we don't even know if it's Marvel or DC. And if it's Marvel there's still the question of wether it's MCU or comic related :shrug_oh_well:

17 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Nope, we don't even know if it's Marvel or DC. And if it's Marvel there's still the question of wether it's MCU or comic related :shrug_oh_well:

Okay thank you!:sweet:

Does anyone have an update on the Sony PS4 contest for Miles Morales? Were those actually ever sent out to the winners?

3 hours ago, steyin said:

Does anyone have an update on the Sony PS4 contest for Miles Morales? Were those actually ever sent out to the winners?

lonnng ago, sorry bro

36 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

lonnng ago, sorry bro

Don’t worry the Miles Morales mech also has an amazing minifig 

2 hours ago, TOTDForever said:

lonnng ago, sorry bro

Only asking cause they haven't shown up on eBay, so I assume no one got them yet.

16 hours ago, BrickHat said:

My main hope for this year is that that rumor of a Marvel CMF pans out. That is my new year's wish!

This. It’s been rumoured for SO long but this last year is the first year the rumours seem to have any weight what with the reported tweak to Habros solo marvel figure license. The Eternals look awesome but I feel a CMF is the one thing Lego could do to make up for all the lackluster MCU figs since Ragnarok. 

I feel they’d do a mixture of main characters in new outfits, Disney plus content and filling some gaps fans want filled. Using that pattern and the fact there are 12 slots in a cmf now, 3 series can easily be planned if not more:

Series 1: Endgame Cap, Endgame Thor, Iron Man Mark 85 (improved), Spider-Man (Bosco), Wanda (Halloween), Vision (Halloween), Bucky (FATWS), Falcon (FATWS), Loki (Loki), Kaecilius, Whiplash, M’Baku.

Series 2: Tony Stark (Racing Suit), Cap (WW2), Black Widow (Iron Man 2), Bruce Banner (Transforming), Zemo (FATWS), Sharon Carter (FATWS), Hawkeye (TV), Kate Bishop, Ms Marvel, Odin, Malekith, Korg.

Series 3: Spider-Man (Homemade), Cap (Infinity War), Tony Stark (Cave), Bro Thor, Captain Marvel (Endgame), T’Challa, Moonknight, Shehulk, W’Kabi, Jane Foster, Frigga, Stan Lee.

and that’s even after having little knowledge of the MCU slate post-Black Widow.