Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

When the next Batman wave comes along with rehashes of the same 3 villains, I don’t wanna see another Harley Quinn unless she’s got Bud and Lou. The warg molds from the hobbit would be perfect if they used those with new coloring and some coloring on the manes. If we’re gonna get another Harley at least make it interesting and desirable.

7 hours ago, CoolDudeRadman said:

The warg molds from the hobbit would be perfect if they used those with new coloring and some coloring on the manes. 

The warg molds have been gone for ages and even if they weren't LEGO wouldn't be able to use them for DC due to licensing. 

Perfect excuse for new hyena moulds then - would fit very well with existing roster of African animals in Lego form 

6 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

The warg molds have been gone for ages and even if they weren't LEGO wouldn't be able to use them for DC due to licensing. 

I don't necessarily agree the warg mold should be used for the hyena's nor would Lego do that, but Lord of the Rings movie franchise is owned by Warner Bros, so it may not be a licensing issue after all!

@TheBatstan I couldn't help myself, I bought Gervant Riviiskiy's The Batman Batmobile instructions and I've been making some big plans to update Lego's version when it comes out. Definitely going to use his designs for the hood as well as the rims on the wheels. I can't wait!

Do we think the blue fire exhaust is accurate? Was Lego trying to differentiate The Batman Batmobile from Ghost Rider's Charger or was Lego probably given concept art that reflected the blue fire exhaust? My guess is the latter because the technic Batmobile has blue fire exhaust as well but any images/footage I've seen of the Batmobile shows orange. Here's an example:

E1taWOjWEAMbMpH

2 hours ago, Moon_Knight said:

@TheBatstan I couldn't help myself, I bought Gervant Riviiskiy's The Batman Batmobile instructions and I've been making some big plans to update Lego's version when it comes out. Definitely going to use his designs for the hood as well as the rims on the wheels. I can't wait!

Do we think the blue fire exhaust is accurate? Was Lego trying to differentiate The Batman Batmobile from Ghost Rider's Charger or was Lego probably given concept art that reflected the blue fire exhaust? My guess is the latter because the technic Batmobile has blue fire exhaust as well but any images/footage I've seen of the Batmobile shows orange. Here's an example:

E1taWOjWEAMbMpH

I see I'm not the only one that's very eager to get the sets so that they can be modified lol. I'm still not sure which one of Gervant's designs to upgrade the official version with since he's made 3 attempts of this Batmobile. I guess the last one is the most accurate, but I really like his first two designs with how the wheels make it low to the ground and don't stick out so far like the wheels in the set. The windscreen piece on the first two really gives it that slick look as well. And a part of me is also waiting to see how he improves the official version when he gets it compared to his own MOC's.

As for the flames, I think Lego is accurate on this one. I saw that poster image months ago and I don't think it's a good source to go off of because the logo is completely wrong, it looks nothing like the official one that's on all the merchandise. I remember seeing Spin Master's Batmobile toy which also had the same blue flames instead of orange. So either the concept art that all the different toys companies got feature the Batmobile shooting blue flames, or it's actually going to show blue flames instead of the traditional orange in the movie. I'm leaning towards the second one because of this scene from last year's trailer when the Batmobile's engine fired up:

p.png?fv_content=true&size_mode=5

9 hours ago, Moon_Knight said:

Yes, it is.

7 hours ago, TheBatstan said:

I see I'm not the only one that's very eager to get the sets so that they can be modified lol. I'm still not sure which one of Gervant's designs to upgrade the official version with since he's made 3 attempts of this Batmobile. I guess the last one is the most accurate, but I really like his first two designs with how the wheels make it low to the ground and don't stick out so far like the wheels in the set. The windscreen piece on the first two really gives it that slick look as well. And a part of me is also waiting to see how he improves the official version when he gets it compared to his own MOC's.

As for the flames, I think Lego is accurate on this one. I saw that poster image months ago and I don't think it's a good source to go off of because the logo is completely wrong, it looks nothing like the official one that's on all the merchandise. I remember seeing Spin Master's Batmobile toy which also had the same blue flames instead of orange. So either the concept art that all the different toys companies got feature the Batmobile shooting blue flames, or it's actually going to show blue flames instead of the traditional orange in the movie. I'm leaning towards the second one because of this scene from last year's trailer when the Batmobile's engine fired up:

p.png?fv_content=true&size_mode=5

Thanks for the descriptive comment! Yeah, I agree. I too noticed on that promo image that Matt Reeves shared that the logo wasn’t accurate, so that posters probably not the way to go for source material. That all makes sense. Thank you!

As for modifying my Batmobile, I am crazy excited! I think I’m going to stick with the windscreen Lego provides and really only update the hood and wheels of the car. I think the back of the car with the engine looks AMAZING so no updates needed there. I hate flick or spring loaded shooters, though, so that’s definitely gotta go on the front for me haha

Edited by Moon_Knight

On 10/9/2021 at 3:12 PM, lego_guyon02 said:

Aside from the hair it's pretty accurate to what we've seen from Riddler's actual costume in the movie.

Oh, I think Lego probably do their best to let the minifig look like the character in the movie. 

It's more that Riddler most of the time have some green and purple in his costume and this version looks so boring grey, Almost if The Lego Batman redesigned him in five minutes.

58 minutes ago, Wout said:

Oh, I think Lego probably do their best to let the minifig look like the character in the movie. 

It's more that Riddler most of the time have some green and purple in his costume and this version looks so boring grey, Almost if The Lego Batman redesigned him in five minutes.

It is sad that for several DC movies lack of color has been the norm. I agree with you.

3 hours ago, Wout said:

The Riddler fig is green, albeit olive green rather than bright or dark. Granted it’s not particularly vibrant, but it’s not grey. 

B9D74661-13C8-4909-B8A6-51F40D8D6C55.jpeg

3 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

The Riddler fig is green, albeit olive green rather than bright or dark. Granted it’s not particularly vibrant, but it’s not grey. 

Oh, It didn't look like that on the pic I saw. That's better than expected.

7 hours ago, Moon_Knight said:

As for modifying my Batmobile, I am crazy excited! I think I’m going to stick with the windscreen Lego provides and really only update the hood and wheels of the car. I think the back of the car with the engine looks AMAZING so no updates needed there. I hate flick or spring loaded shooters, though, so that’s definitely gotta go on the front for me haha

You are I are in the same boat there. The back looks pretty much perfect without any changes needed, but the spring loaded missiles have got to go. That's half the reason why the hood looks so enlarged and out of place, just to accommodate that feature.

Now I'm hoping someone is also able to figure out how to make the front of the Batcycle look much more sleeker like the real thing. 

4 minutes ago, The Pearson said:

Fandome is Saturday, do we have any info on any exclusives or giveaways, like Supergirl from last year?

We are always left to wonder until the last minute, but this year I am starting to believe we won't see any exclusives a la SDCC.

12 hours ago, Albert with an A said:

Is the Selina Kyle head anew printing in the new Batman wave?

Sorry if it has already been asked.

Yeah, it is.

On 10/9/2021 at 10:43 AM, PRbrickbuilder said:

The batmobile definitely feels like a Speed Champions batmobile to me, in the new 8 stud wide trend of LEGO. I wonder if it uses the same base piece.

It probably does, even the Tumbler uses the Speed Champions base.

I pre-ordered, but I kinda have mixed feelings about it. The curved windshield doesn't look right and I think the hood couldve used more detail

4 hours ago, LegendaryArticuno said:

It probably does, even the Tumbler uses the Speed Champions base.

I pre-ordered, but I kinda have mixed feelings about it. The curved windshield doesn't look right and I think the hood couldve used more detail

This piece would probably look better as the windshield:

https://brickset.com/parts/4173056/windscreen-3x6-25° 

It would make the windshield more angular and the roof flatter, though I don't know if Batman will still fit with his cowl on.

4 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

I could honestly see us getting a D2C ‘66 Batmobile next year.

Please give us a new cowl piece that can be reused in future Batman sets