Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, ood0 said:

I hope Gordon's torso appears in other, cheaper sets because it's perfect for Agent 47. 

You are a damn genious

We have the Arkham Knight Batmobile in the Joker Trike set, the 1966 Batmobile, the Tumbler and now the Battison Batmobile all on shelves at the same time - 4 BATMOBILES AT THE SAME TIME.

"This is crazy!"

Imagine if we get a 10th anniversary of LEGO DC Batmobile? I'd imagine the Arkham Knight Batmobile will retire by then but still, it's an intriguing thought.

Then we have The Flash movie too *huh*

33 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

We have the Arkham Knight Batmobile in the Joker Trike set

Arkham Knight Batmobile in the Joker Trike set? That’s a bit of a stretch.

2 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

The Batmobile looks great and has a ton of detail packed in but it's just so terribly oversized to the point that it makes the model worse, really should've just been a 6 stud wide vehicle instead of 8.

Have to disagree here. I really dislike the 6 studded sized vehicles. The one seat looks ridiculous and the sizing looks less like the source material. I think if they would’ve gone with 6 studs we would’ve gotten another vehicle that looks like Robbie Reyes/Ghost Rider’s Charger.

2 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

November 1st in North America and January 1st for the rest of the world.

hell yes, this is a day 1 buy 

just pre-ordered all 3 of them on the lego website, there is a free GWP. Some sort of mini swing ride thing.

in case anyone wants to know the total price for all 3 before taxes: $124 USD

using the Cedric Diggory hair for this Bruce Wayne was brilliant. I also think the face captures this version so well. Honestly this may be my favorite movie line for any super hero movie. The figures are diverse for the most part, the sets are accurate based on what we saw in the trailer, and they look fun to build. 

I wish Spider-Man NWH got this much love and care :,(

6 minutes ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

using the Cedric Diggory hair for this Bruce Wayne was brilliant. I also think the face captures this version so well. Honestly this may be my favorite movie line for any super hero movie. The figures are diverse for the most part, the sets are accurate based on what we saw in the trailer, and they look fun to build. 

I wish Spider-Man NWH got this much love and care :,(

Technically, Cedric Diggory's hair piece was Bruce Wayne's first (from TLBM), so I guess we've gone full circle. :laugh:

9 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

Technically, Cedric Diggory's hair piece was Bruce Wayne's first (from TLBM), so I guess we've gone full circle. :laugh:

you're right, but I'm happy they stuck with it.

Also something I haven't seen people talk about in the batcave set: There is space under the left staircase to store the drifter outfit/the batman outfit. It even comes with a plain black/translucent head for when a minifig isn't wearing either one.

76179: I kinda like this set, but it's not great or anything. Minifigs are both repeats, which sucks. Selina should've been exclusive to this set. I like Selina's motorcycle, and Batman's would've been good if not for that clunky front. I love the Batsignal sidebuild tho. Overall it's just okay, 6/10.

76181: That's also pretty good. Penguin is exclusive, so at least the set feels more worth getting. The build is mostly good, but it does feel too clunky. I expected something much sleeker, and I especially dislike the front, it's really ugly. I expect it's one of those sets that look much better in hand, because the pictures LEGO made are so bad, such weird angles. I love the back box art tho, how they recreated one of the images. Overall it's pretty good, 6/10.

76183: Now THIS is what I'm talking about. What a stunning set. It's packed with minfigures, I didn't expect Gordon or Catwoman. I absolutely love the Batcave, finally it doesn't feel like an awkward, all-over-the-place type of set. I even love the motorcycle, glad they are able to make a brickbuilt one that isn't oversized. Overall it's really great, 8/10.

All-in-all, I am not impressed, I expected much more. Batman is awful, I expected them to go all out with it. Other minifigs are great tho, especially Gordon and Penguin. Minifig distribution is weird, I don't know why they decided to include Selina in the Batcave instead of keeping her exclusive to the motorcycle chase, while also making Gordon exclusive to the Batmobile. All the builds are great, especially the Batcave, but I'm not a fan of the Batvehicles, especially the Batmobile.

1 hour ago, Moon_Knight said:

Arkham Knight Batmobile in the Joker Trike set? That’s a bit of a stretch.

I only called it that because I saw other people calling it that, I've never played the games to be honest so I don't have any expertise.

6 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

I only called it that because I saw other people calling it that, I've never played the games to be honest so I don't have any expertise.

I've seen some people call it that as well. It very vaguely resembles the Arkham Knight Batmobile but to say it's that specific vehicle is a huge stretch.

Also, the people who predicting the Batcave having a prison jail for Riddler were rigth. Not that I wasnt to be expected but pretty fun anyway.

If only Riddler could've got a goofy vehicle too

5 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

I've seen some people call it that as well. It very vaguely resembles the Arkham Knight Batmobile but to say it's that specific vehicle is a huge stretch.

People also claim that the last wave of Spider-Man minifigures are 100% the versions of the PS4 game so I wouldnt take them too seriously.

Too bad about the reused cowl, but I’m still impressed because every minifig except for Batman got a new faceprint, which is incredibly rare for a Superheroes wave :classic: Even Bruce’s face technically counts since these sets were initially intended to be released in Spring, meaning Tom Riddle in the CoS set is actually reusing Battinson’s face and not vice versa :tongue:

1 hour ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

you're right, but I'm happy they stuck with it.

Also something I haven't seen people talk about in the batcave set: There is space under the left staircase to store the drifter outfit/the batman outfit. It even comes with a plain black/translucent head for when a minifig isn't wearing either one.

I refer you to my earlier comment :wink: it looks to have a motorcycle helmet as well. The only thing that struck me as odd about this set was how easy it would be for a genius like Riddler to work out the Batman’s identity. The overpass has Wayne Terminus across it and the holding cell has a very stylised ‘W’ on the door. 

I think the Batcave looks neat but I would love to know what the designers at DC Comics and Warner Bros were thinking with the design of that new Batmobile. It looks like someone took a classic muscle car, drove it through a tank of black paint and suck a jet engine on the back. Nothing like the awesomeness of the Batmobiles seen in other incarnations of the Batman universe such as the Tim Burton version, the Tumbler from The Dark Night or the Batmobile from various animated Batman series over the years.

5 minutes ago, jonwil said:

I think the Batcave looks neat but I would love to know what the designers at DC Comics and Warner Bros were thinking with the design of that new Batmobile. It looks like someone took a classic muscle car, drove it through a tank of black paint and suck a jet engine on the back. Nothing like the awesomeness of the Batmobiles seen in other incarnations of the Batman universe such as the Tim Burton version, the Tumbler from The Dark Night or the Batmobile from various animated Batman series over the years.

they took inspiration from the 60's batmobile. While yes, it has some fancy designs about it, it is still very much a goofy looking regular car (compared to, say, the tumbler, arkham knight batmobile, and batfleck's batmobile). Based on that concept I think they did a good job at making a modern batmobile that a year 2 Bruce would drive 

2 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

I refer you to my earlier comment :wink: it looks to have a motorcycle helmet as well. The only thing that struck me as odd about this set was how easy it would be for a genius like Riddler to work out the Batman’s identity. The overpass has Wayne Terminus across it and the holding cell has a very stylised ‘W’ on the door. 

I didn't see your comment because as soon as the pics released, navigating the forums becomes a nightmare if you're behind lol

4 minutes ago, jonwil said:

While I agree with you, it’s not as nearly as iconic as the previous incarnations of the Batmobile, I’ve read a lot of praise for the Batmobile in The Batman from test screening viewers. I think we’ll just have to wait and see what it looks like and does on the big screen. :classic:

Oh my god, it actually happened. And a week before FanDome too. I think I'm in the minority when I think the sets are pretty great, but they need a lot of modifications. LONG thoughts essay about them all incoming.

Batcycle: It's a nice little impulse buy, and the Batman minifigure is well detailed. It's a shame that the legs aren't dual molded and now we have another Batman that suffers from this problem alongside the Justice League Batman, but it's either keeping these legs or switching them out for the one with dual molded black boots and no printing, so not a lot of options. Not getting any arm printing is a bit of a bummer considering the new comic/PS4 Classic Suit Spider-Man figure from this year has it in every set he's in. The cowl though...I'm absolutely shocked Lego decided to reuse the EXACT SAME cowl we've been getting for a decade, it's bordering on pathetic. Selina looks great, but again, no new piece for her beanie with the cat ears? I'm hoping Lego ends up making a minifigure accessory pack after the movie comes out that includes it as a new piece, there's no way they can just leave it out entirely.

As for the bikes, I like the base for them, but that Batcycle is definitely going to be heavily reworked with the front area. It looks ridiculously bulky and nothing like the sleek design on the actual bike. I was really expecting it to be a new single piece for the chassis, but I know it can be fixed with something better. Getting our first look at the Bat-Signal in this is a perfect little inclusion, I didn't even think it would be in the movie considering this is only a Year 2 Batman. I wish it was printed on a bigger dish piece so that it matches the previous bat logo pieces, but at least it glows in the dark? The box art with the two bikes racing through rain drenched Gotham streets is honestly one of my favorite parts about the set, it reminds me of the original Batman box art designs. 

Batmobile: I think seeing all the custom versions for the past few months set my expectations up a little too high for this. It still looks good and fairly accurate, but I might have to make some changes to it with the custom designs in mind, specifically this one by Gervant Riviiskiy. The front for example needs some work to not make the engine look so high. And that missile shooting feature is getting removed the second I get my copy. At least it looks better than the Ghost Rider version, but maybe not as good as if it was a set from the Speed Champions line. And thankfully it appears that it can fit two figures, I'd be annoyed if it was a 6-wide car that could only fit one. Same Batman as before, but that Penguin looks perfect. I think I might swap out his hair piece for the George Costanza bald piece with black hair on the sides instead, it fits better from what we've seen of this Penguin. I was really expecting him to get his own car like what we saw from the trailer, but that would've resulted in the Batmobile getting even less pieces which would've been terrible. I love how the back of the box shows off the Batmobile in the same style as its reveal picture from last year. 

Batcave: This thing is a beauty. We already knew this Batcave was in a train station terminal, but the design here with the lamp posts and the upper area contrasts great with the darker colors of the rest of the cave. That Batcomputer is probably the best version I've seen since the original 2006 version with the giant green stickers. The best part about the whole thing is how much it emphasizes that this Batman is going to actually be the World's Greatest Detective. There's dozens of screens where it looks like he's looking over clues, the big map that's a side build has a bunch of Riddler locations all forming into a question mark, and those 2x2 tile pieces that you can use the red magnifying glass on to reveal a "To The Batman" message just like the letters from the trailer. I haven't seen that magnifying glass piece since the old Alpha Team theme from 2001, what a blast from the past. It's nice that they included Bruce's Drifter motorcycle that he uses in the day instead of the Batcycle so that you could have both versions. Having the Batcomputer be detatchable so that there's an actual space to park the Batmobile is something that's been missing from every single Batcave since the 2006 one, so it's about time it returned. 

4 out of the 6 figures are standouts for me too. Same Batman and Selina from the bike set, but Gordon looks even better than I thought, especially that new torso with the trench coat print. We got our first look at Andy Serkis's Alfred through this, and it looks like he's going to have a beard this time around. Riddler has the same mask design that was from the trailer, very Zodiac Killer-esque, but I think Lego was looking at concept art because I don't think his hair was visible in the trailer. And getting Bruce's incognito disguise with "The Drifter" figure wasn't even needed, but a welcome surprise.

Technic Batmobile: I've never bought a Technic set before, but I'm definitely changing that after seeing this. It looks even better than the minifigure scale version. It's all blacked out, the details are just right instead of over-exaggerated, and there's even the same blue flame exhausts that are included in both sets. Now the only problem is where I'm going to put this...

All in all, I've waited too long for these sets, and I'm putting my pre-order down for all of these despite some of the builds not being as good as I anticipated. But that's the fun part about Lego, you can improve on what's already there. I still can't believe these are coming out on November 1st for North America either, I thought for sure that the earliest I'd see these would be near the end of December as they got ready for an official January release. I'm not complaining though, now instead of a few months, it's only a few weeks before I can get my hands on these.

Edited by TheBatstan

51 minutes ago, TheBatstan said:

Loved all this. Please let me know what you end up doing with the hood for the Batmobile. I also planning on doing some modifications, especially to the front of it.

4 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

Loved all this. Please let me know what you end up doing with the hood for the Batmobile. I also planning on doing some modifications, especially to the front of it.

Glad to see someone liked my rambling. I already mentioned it in the post, but for the Batmobile I think I'm pretty much going to modify it based on this custom MOC:

1000x800.jpg?1630682386.37304

Edited by TheBatstan

No con fig announcement for Fandome still? Seems this will be the first year without a DC & Marvel CC fig.

3 hours ago, thephantasm said:

To celebrate 10 years of lego dc, lego is going to reuse the same batman cowl and head 

These were planned to release much earlier in 2021 so what does the 10th anniversary of the theme have to do with anything?

24 minutes ago, steyin said:

No con fig announcement for Fandome still? Seems this will be the first year without a DC & Marvel CC fig.

Fingers crossed it stays that way.

27 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

These were planned to release much earlier in 2021 so what does the 10th anniversary of the theme have to do with anything?

This was a joke.

2 hours ago, steyin said:

Don't be so sure. Last year the Supergirl figure was announced on August 20th, only two days before Fandome. We still have one entire week left, that's more than enough time for something to be announced. I'm expecting the same for a special Fandome diorama set as well.