Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

49 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:Overall this is a pretty damn solid wave but with 2022 looking to be incredibly expensive as is I definitely won't get any of these day 1. Hopefully the Batmobile and Batcave will fit in my budget. 

Just curious, what’s going to make 2022 expensive for you?

These look decent, I’m just a little let down personally. Surprisingly, I think the new Batcave might be my favorite set of the wave. It’s got a good amount of figures and a better bike than the $15 set. I’ll probably pick it up. 

The brick built Batmobile is decent, I just don’t love the design. Fortunately, it won’t be too expensive. It’ll go well with my TLBM Speedwagon, 2019 Batmobile, Classic TV Series Batmobile and the recent Tumbler (when I get that).

The $15 bikes are pretty bad though. They look like they were designed over a decade ago with how chunky they look compared to Lego’s current builds. Easy pass since I’m getting everything I want from this set in the other two.

I wish Battinson had a new cowl, but honestly the same generic Batman face again is even more disappointing. I thought it was kinda charming when they reused that 2012 face in The Dark Knight sets, but it just looks kinda out of place here.

Just now, Moon_Knight said:

I bet it's Jurassic World: Dominion. 

The wave will be MASSIVE.

3 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

The biggest Jurassic World wave yet, potentially some Harry Potter sets (if they aren't as bad as they were this year) and Marvel is getting a lot of content that probably will get numerous sets based on it.

I for once love the new sets! The smaller set looks very redundant, but I kinda want to get that batsignal, so at that point I might as well buy the whole set when it goes on sale and keep a few repeats of Batman and Catwoman just in case I need them.

13 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I bet it's Jurassic World: Dominion. 

The wave will be MASSIVE.

And yet we still don’t have the JP Ford Explorer in Lego form. :cry3:

9 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

The biggest Jurassic World wave yet, potentially some Harry Potter sets (if they aren't as bad as they were this year) and Marvel is getting a lot of content that probably will get numerous sets based on it.

Makes sense. That is quite a bit of themes to be collecting. The Harry Potter theme has been very tempting for me but I have most of the 2012 wave and can’t justify owning another Hogwarts Castle, Diagon Alley, etc. (even though they look way better in the more present waves). I’ve had to keep myself grounded in the Marvel/DC themes.

Anyways, sorry for going off topic, really liking the Batman minifig with the dual molded legs. Just wish there was a new cowl. 

Edit: Oops, just noticed that the legs aren’t dual molded. Just printing on the front. Looks good, though.

Edited by Moon_Knight

The sets look decent. I'm definitely getting the minifig scale Batmobile. It doesn't look as good as I had hoped from the front but that could just be the movie design since we haven't really seen it from the front. The back of it looks fantastic. I didn't expect all the blue flames, it makes it very reminiscent of Ghost Rider's Hellcharger. The Batcave looks good if not a bit simple and the 6+ set is an easy pass. The minifigs overall look great but Selina doesn't get her mask and Batman is using the same tired cowl. I was really hoping they would finally give us a new cowl for this movie since it's so different from this piece but apparently not. Heck, giving him the other version of the cowl without the chin strap would have been better than this. 

Edited by ToaDraco

Also, the cannon that the Penguin is carrying is supposed to be the new stud shooter that was confirmed to be in the new Mandalorian sets?

3 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Also, the cannon that the Penguin is carrying is supposed to be the new stud shooter that was confirmed to be in the new Mandalorian sets?

And here I was thinking LEGO couldn't possibly come up with something worse than the existing studshooter *huh* 

Gotta say, I'm pleasantly surprised by the The Batman sets.
The bikes in the Selina Kyle set look interesting, but that's about it. And since you can get (a similar) one in the Riddler Face Off, I'll skip on the little one.
Speaking of the Riddler Face Off: very impressive!I love how you can combine it with the Batmobile from the Penguin Chase.
The minifigures look great, too. My favorite is Gordon :sweet:  

Regards,
Mitch

21 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Oh man, I think you're right. And here I thought they couldn't make anything uglier than the regular stud shooter :wall:

Batman really needed a new cowl. Like really...

Selina is a bit meh... my least favorite Catwoman minifigure ever

The best is the the batcave and the worst boxart is the batmobile. Wft?

Riddler looks.... i n t e r e s t i n g 

1 hour ago, lego_guyon02 said:

And here I was thinking LEGO couldn't possibly come up with something worse than the existing studshooter *huh* 

45 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Oh man, I think you're right. And here I thought they couldn't make anything uglier than the regular stud shooter :wall:

I mean, to give lego some credit, at least this one sort of resembles a gun

28 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Riddler looks.... i n t e r e s t i n g 

I knew Riddler was supposed to be inspired by the Zodiac Killer but I wasnt expecting it to be so close. Kinda digging it 

I'm not really a fan of any of these. The builds are too blocky for my liking, and outside of part harvesting the minifigures don't really interest me. They're mediocre representations of their characters, they could all be so much better except maybe Penguin and Riddler.

I hope Gordon's torso appears in other, cheaper sets because it's perfect for Agent 47. 

I'm digging the prices. £85 RRP for the two bigger sets with all seven minifigs, and the sets all look accurate (from what we've seen) to the movie. Okay, the bikes are fugly as heck, but that's the movie's fault, and since Catwoman is in the batcave anyway it doesn't matter to me. If these sets was for a new Star Wars movie, each single main character would be in a different £100+ set, so I'm more than happy with sets that are a nice balance of accurate yet affordable!

I just hope the movie is as good...

Wasn’t expecting it but can’t complain. It’s a bit of a mixed bag. The bikes are weird but I’ll wait to see them on screen properly before casting them aside. Nice to see another Batsignal. The cowl feels really dated now, I’m not sure how they would have portrayed his new one but rehashing something that’s already overused isn’t it. I really like the Penguin, it’s a nice rendition of him. The car doesn’t look how I remember, and it looks like it can seat two up. The Batcave set is good, with a Batcomputer that can be added to the collection. I like all the figures in that one, including the messed up Riddler.

On further inspection, I see the ‘Drifter’ persona hiding under the stairs. I’m guessing that the ubiquitous jail cell is on the other side. Also there are three of the Riddler’s coded messages. Very nice.

Edited by RedHoodPug

Thoughts on the minifigs:

Batman looks terrible, absolutely awful. Grey torso (instead of gunmetal grey), no arm printing (seeing as his arms are really detailed), no dual-moulding (I hate the fact tat they did the exact same things a story did to 2018 Iron Spider or 2017 Batman, they give him leg printing that's trying to imitate dual-moulding), no new face print (come on, the smiling face again?) and most of all, no new cowl. The fact that Lego thinks TDK Christian Bale and The Batman Robert Pattinson look exactly the same is extremely worrying.

Other minifigs are lovely tho. Catwoman looks great, although I hate that both variants come with the helmet instead of one having the mask. They really nailed Penguin and Gordon, amazing minifigs. Riddler looks fantastic, but what about the hairpiece? He doesn't seem to have it in the movie. Alfred is great too.

Sets are good, but the very "realistic" aesthetic of the characters does not help the LEGO figures. It is a bit hard to see the Penguin in the Penguin minifig, for instance. But I like the batmobile and specially the batcave. Riddler fig is nice. The bike set is jeopardized by the lack of a mask for Catwoman. Which she indeed wears at 0:16 of the DC Fandome trailer. A black head with printed face and Black Panther ears would do the trick.

Honestly now that the initial excitement has worn off I'm starting to like the Batmobile and Batcave less. The Batmobile looks great and has a ton of detail packed in but it's just so terribly oversized to the point that it makes the model worse, really should've just been a 6 stud wide vehicle instead of 8. Besides that the Batcave honestly feels rather empty as there's not a whole lot going on and the staircase looks quite unfinished. 

The wave is definitely better than what we usual get but that isn't saying much considering LEGO DC's standards :sceptic:

I had low expectations for the Bikes, but these have got to be the best brick built bikes LEGO has ever made. Sure the Bikes set is a little redundant but at least the bike designs are different albeit similar. The Batman minifigure looks phenomenal, new cowl would have been great but I still love the minifigure.

I am a little disappointed by the Batmobile but I am wondering if it’s a bad case of the angle it’s shown at, I’ve seen this happen before, it remains to be seen.

The Batcave looks great! I can’t wait to figure out how to attach it to the 2019 Batcave.

7 minutes ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

these look amazing! when do they officially come out?

November 1st in North America and January 1st for the rest of the world.

6 minutes ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

these look amazing! when do they officially come out?

November for the US, January for the rest of us.

The Technic car and the minifigure scale car don’t appear to be the same vehicle, which is odd.