Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Tbh a batmobile polybag gwp for next year's batman sets sounds really boring to me

If that's the only gwp, I may not buy them on day one

Edited by thephantasm

I guess I was onto something when I mentioned Ninjago.

Sorry guys, this one's on me, I jinxed it :grin:

2 hours ago, PGBQW said:

I guess I was onto something when I mentioned Ninjago.

Sorry guys, this one's on me, I jinxed it :grin:

Whereabouts?

13 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

Whereabouts?

In Chow Kong

11 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Silhouette looks like the same hairpiece they keep using for Guy Gardner in the games, maybe it's him?

Please don't make me want to buy a Lego visual dictionary

12 hours ago, TheBatstan said:

I thought the silhouette was just a placeholder image.

Usually they just use a basic figure silhouette (head, torso, legs) so it's a bit odd they would give it a hairpiece now, especially one so specific and rarely used as this one.

11 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Usually they just use a basic figure silhouette (head, torso, legs) so it's a bit odd they would give it a hairpiece now, especially one so specific and rarely used as this one.

Huh, I didn't know that. The last time I bought one of these types of books was with the very first Lego Batman Visual Dictionary back in 2012 that covered the original Batman theme and the very first wave of DC sets.

I still think the figure is going to be Klarion (because why else would he be mentioned out of all the characters in the description?), but if the figure DOES turn out to be Guy Gardner, then I guess I'm buying a Character Encyclopedia. It amazes me that we got Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz as minifigures before him, and those two were just created in the past 10 years. Guy has been around for decades and is probably the third most recognized human Green Lantern behind Hal and John (and he was even featured in one of the early Direct-to-DVD Lego DC movies), but not once has there been a physical minifigure of him yet.  

48 minutes ago, TheBatstan said:

It amazes me that we got Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz 

=)

Also guy is quite disliked 

Anyone here from Australia know when the 66 Batmoble 2021 set will be available again? Been sold out for months! 

There is no whay they are releasing Klarion without the cat, right? So, that can't be the actual silhouette

If the silhouette is accurate then Klarion is missing both the the horned hairstyle and the cat. In that case, why bother in releasing it then? 

Edited by Robert8

44 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

There is no whay they are releasing Klarion without the cat, right? So, that can't be the actual silhouette

If the silhouette is accurate then Klarion is missing both the the horned hairstyle and the cat. In that case, why bother in releasing it then? 

I mean the cat would be an accessory so it wouldnt show in the silouette, would it?

If that is the actual silhouette and not a placeholder, then it’s not going to be Klarion unless they’ve lost the plot. All the other encyclopaedias have space for the accessories in the blister. If it is Guy, then the first thing I’m doing is getting that derpy Ron hairpiece off and giving him something more contemporary. It’s also ironic that they are adding to the GLC at a time when it’s utterly depleted in the comics. Additionally, this potentially means that we will see Guy and Klarion.

2 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

It’s also ironic that they are adding to the GLC at a time when it’s utterly depleted in the comics. 

The only reason why I think they would make a Guy minifigure right now is because he's going to be making his live action debut in the HBO Max Green Lantern series soon.

15 hours ago, thephantasm said:

=)

Also guy is quite disliked 

Only in-universe. He’s rather popular here in the real world amongst GL fans.

1 hour ago, BaneShake said:

He has his fans but...i disagree

Well, I struck out three times on the Tumbler today.

I hit my local Lego store this afternoon, thinking it was probably 50/50 if they'd have it or not.  Probably should've called first, but I figured I'd go anyway, and sure enough, they were out of it. 

No problem then, I pulled up Target.com on my phone and found two stores that were on my way home, one listed as having one in stock, the other apparently having three.  Neither of them had it, which was rather frustrating, since it'll probably be another week or two before any of these places re-stock.  At this point, I wonder if I'd be better off ordering online.

On 10/1/2021 at 6:43 PM, BaneShake said:

I HATE Guy Gardner but I agree with you. He’s got a huge fanbase.

Anybody have Phoenix Customs Night Crusader?

I think there is a small possibility we will see the LEGO The Batman reveals at DC Fandome. 2.5 months before release, I think is too long for the reveal. Considering the reveals in April/May this year were 1-2 months before release, I think we can expect official pictures around November-December providing the release is January.

1 hour ago, Anonknee Muss said:

I think there is a small possibility we will see the LEGO The Batman reveals at DC Fandome. 2.5 months before release, I think is too long for the reveal. Considering the reveals in April/May this year were 1-2 months before release, I think we can expect official pictures around November-December providing the release is January.

the release has to be January as the movie comes out in March, February 1st the latest is when we should expect these sets to drop 

Revealing The Batman sets officially during FanDome would be the perfect opportunity, since I'm 95% sure they're going to start showing up on shelves by mid/late December if they're launching in January. Even though the whole event is going to be 4 hours long, I hope they would find the time to sneak it in somewhere.

I'm still wondering if Lego's going to reveal that they have some special FanDome products again soon like they did for last year with the Wonder Woman diorama set and Supergirl minifigure. If the pattern continues, then we're going to get a Batman set this time as a tie-in for the movie.

And like how the Wonder Woman set was an homage to the cover of Cheetah's first appearance in Wonder Woman #6, I wouldn't mind if the Batman set is an homage to Riddler's first appearance cover from Detective Comics #140:

72ffb3e7f3dc5e5abd419754c971cc4c.jpg

15 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

Surely we get 3 sets for the Flash movie! 

And Surely we get at least 1 set for Black Adam! 

I think Black Adam might be a tie in like the first Shazam. Considering the success of the first Shazam film, I think we could expect at least one set for the sequel in 2023.

On 10/5/2021 at 4:04 AM, TheBatstan said:

I'm still wondering if Lego's going to reveal that they have some special FanDome products again soon like they did for last year with the Wonder Woman diorama set and Supergirl minifigure. If the pattern continues, then we're going to get a Batman set this time as a tie-in for the movie.

And like how the Wonder Woman set was an homage to the cover of Cheetah's first appearance in Wonder Woman #6, I wouldn't mind if the Batman set is an homage to Riddler's first appearance cover from Detective Comics #140:

[image]

As long as there isn’t an exclusive Batman minifigure (or any for that matter) I don’t mind what we get (it’s not like I can buy them being in the UK and all :sadnew:)

Edited by Anonknee Muss

15 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

And Surely we get at least 1 set for Black Adam! 

We thought the same about Shazam!, but here we are...

I think The Flash has at least 1 set guaranteed. With all the Batman stuff going on in the movie, I wouldn't be surprised if we got a whole wave for this movie (and I hope we do).

As for Black Adam, it's going to be a HUGE hit. The Rock in a DC movie releasing in Summer? That just screams 1B+. I hope we get at least one set. Lego needs to step up their DC game.