Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

5 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

No complaints here! Need more suits and obscure vehicles!

We are on the same page! We still need to get a Bat-Train!

I can't imagine a new molded piece would be included in a book minifigure.

Two Scenarios:

1. Klarion comes in a set in June wave (the book is getting released in May so LEGO will have to reveal the sets at the beginning of that month otherwise the book will become a source of leaks).
  2. The hairpiece is used elsewhere first (this piece could be designed elsewhere first but used in a set that comes out later (set releases are not always linear!)). I don't see this happening as Klarion seems too obscure for a book minifigure and has a distinct hairstyle, one that I can't see being used by any other minifigure.
Edited by Anonknee Muss

4 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

D2C please

5 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Klarion is obscure and has a distinct hairstyle, one that I can't see being used by any other minifigure.

I wouldn't be surprised if it came in one of the disguised minifigures that usually come in the regular CMF, but that's just a tinfoil hat level conspiracy from my part.

6 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Klarion comes in a set in June wave

But assuming this is the case, is Klarion appearing in something that would let to Lego making a tie-in set featuring him?

10 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

D2C please

Even Better.

10 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

I wouldn't be surprised if it came in one of the disguised minifigures that usually come in the regular CMF, but that's just a tinfoil hat level conspiracy from my part.

Probably true, it's what happened with the Tricorn Hat + Lady Hair in the Pirates Ideas set and Series 20.

11 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

But assuming this is the case, is Klarion appearing in something that would let to Lego making a tie-in set featuring him?

If true, it'll probably be a 2019 Shazam Scenario.

23 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Just to play devil's advocate, IF, Klarion is in fact in the book, maybe the hairpiece if first introduced in the 22th CMF?

I can't think of a random character who would use a hairpiece like this in Series 22

LEGO DC Super-Villains - Klarion - Open World Gameplay PC HD - YouTube

If anything, Monkey Kid would be a more likely candidate

That, or they'll just use this hairpiece 

Lego Custom Klarion the Witch Boy and Teekl | Klarion the witch boy, Black  sharpie, Captain marvel

8 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I can't think of a random character who would use a hairpiece like this in Series 22

Would it be beyond lego to make a Devil minifigure or something like that? Maybe even for a new monster character in a Ninjago set perhaps? Now I'm totally talking out of my megablocks, I have no idea what ninjago's next wave is, just throwing every single possiblity here.

10 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

That, or they'll just use this hairpiece 

I am going to become the joker.

17 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

If true, it'll probably be a 2019 Shazam Scenario.

Didn't the set come out around the Shazam movie? Or am I misremembering stuff?

34 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

*snip*

I’m in favour of this hair piece, but I’d rather see his original look as the suit and tie is a bit blah. Having said that I wouldn’t want the unnecessary blue version seen from Grant Morrison. Assuming that Teekl is part of the deal, a new cat print would be appreciated.

Also, the date of release for the book might be a clue

There will be 4 CMFs next year. While we don't know the release slots for all of them, one can only assume they will be January, April, July and October

If the book releases during summer, then that could mean the July series in a DC one (maybe to celebrate the 10th anniversary of LEGO DC?). That would be a better fit for a somewhat obscure character like Klarion, and would explain the hairpiece

7 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

What “book” are you guys talking about? Sorry, i was not following this thread that close lately!

Another character encyclopaedia, the pre-release blurb is out in the world and it mentions characters like Bronze Tiger and Klarion the Witch Boy. 

1 hour ago, RedHoodPug said:

Another character encyclopaedia, the pre-release blurb is out in the world and it mentions characters like Bronze Tiger and Klarion the Witch Boy. 

Oh, gotcha! Thank you for your time explaining!

10 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

I can't imagine a new molded piece would be included in a book minifigure.

Two Scenarios:

1. Klarion comes in a set in June wave (the book is getting released in May so LEGO will have to reveal the sets at the beginning of that month otherwise the book will become a source of leaks).
  2. The hairpiece is used elsewhere first (this piece could be designed elsewhere first but used in a set that comes out later (set releases are not always linear!)). I don't see this happening as Klarion seems too obscure for a book minifigure and has a distinct hairstyle, one that I can't see being used by any other minifigure.

Oh that bat train screams secret batcave entrance, D2C style! We can only dream!

Klarion is very interesting choice! Let's new expanded sets with a new bat vehicle.

On 9/20/2021 at 12:47 AM, bradreed715 said:

Any chance we ever get hawk and dove figures? Maybe dc series 2 or are they not popular enough characters?

I mean we’ve gotten Mime, Orca, Egghead, and we’re soon to get a Klarion figure. We’ve been surprised before

17 hours ago, upliftingbricks said:

With 4 CMFs next year, if there is a DC series 2 we don't know the frequency of the releases though I think its safe to assume the 2 after the muppets will be 2HY. Klarion could just be in a set next year before the books released, its not guaranteed to be the exclusive figure.

The books description says (at least according to Instagram)

"Expand your LEGO DC knowledge with fact files on all your favourite minifigures plus the most obscure characters, including Bronze Tiger and Klarion the Witch Boy"

I know we just got Bronze Tiger but I can’t help reading that and hoping we get him with his mask. Unlikely but I’d love to see it. If the Chima Tiger head mould is still available I can see them repurposing it but I’m probably kidding myself and it’s just a page dedicated to that boring 2020 fig.

But now all this has me thinking. Klarion likely needs a new hair mould, if he reuses an existing piece that would kind of kill the hype for the fig a bit. But if he has a new mould, it’s possible he’ll appear both in the book and a set/cmf slot. He does have depictions with both pale and blue skin, so I can see a scenario where he gets multiple iterations so Lego makes the most of the mould. All hypothetical but I’d love to see both his blue and pale skin get a release. But if I hd to choose naturally I hope he’s blue.

Also a little bummed out at the lack of news for next year DC.  There’s still the second half of the year and if at least one of those 2 mystery cmf waves is licensed we may even get a DC series 2. Gonna take this moment to manifest what I’d like moving forward

* Black Canary in her black suit. Different hair piece and a screaming face thats not as cartoonish as TLBM face

* Updated Hawkgirl, new helmet mould, pants no tights modern depiction

* Etrigan, Kilowog, the Metal Men, buildable Swamp-Thing big fig (with wings), just a big fig superhero. So far all of our “big” DC characters are villains; Ares, Gorilla Grodd, Clayface, Darkseid, Steppenwolf, Darkseid, Bane. Marvel has Hulk, but we’ve yet to get a big hero for DC. And yes I know only 2 metal men would get big figs and some may even prefer to see them released ala Nexo Knights style

* Big poofy red haired classic Starfire

* Updated Red Flash, Killer Frost, Beast Boy, Raven

* A Teen Titans wave

13 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Would it be beyond lego to make a Devil minifigure or something like that? Maybe even for a new monster character in a Ninjago set perhaps? Now I'm totally talking out of my megablocks, I have no idea what ninjago's next wave is, just throwing every single possiblity here.

Next Ninjago wave has black and orange snake people in it apparently.

13 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Didn't the set come out around the Shazam movie? Or am I misremembering stuff?

Yes that’s exactly the point, instead of making a Shazam Movie set, they took his comic appearance and shoved him into a Batman set.

3 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Yes that’s exactly the point, instead of making a Shazam Movie set, they took his comic appearance and shoved him into a Batman set.

Yes, my point being, if the Comic Shazam minifig was a tie in to the movie, what would the Klarion minifig be a tie in to?

8 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Yes, my point being, if the Comic Shazam minifig was a tie in to the movie, what would the Klarion minifig be a tie in to?

Oh! Sorry, I see what you mean now. Great question.

Looking again at the blurb for this book, it also mentions “all-new 2021 Super-Villains”. Were we meant to get new characters, or is “all-new” just a euphemism for “versions of existing”? 60’s Joker isn’t all-new, and Scarecrow is a version of the character. Or is that a reference to The Batman, seeing as that would have been out by now?

Incidentally this one will be longer than the one with Sinestro Batman but shorter than the one with Pirate Batman.

Edited by RedHoodPug

15 hours ago, PGBQW said:

If the Klarion minifig is a tie-in to anything, I'm hoping it will be a recognition of the 30th anniversary of Batman: The Animated Series. Lego sets and/or a CMF series celebrating what many fans consider the best iteration of Batman and his world would be most welcome.

44 minutes ago, The Brick Rat said:

If the Klarion minifig is a tie-in to anything, I'm hoping it will be a recognition of the 30th anniversary of Batman: The Animated Series. Lego sets and/or a CMF series celebrating what many fans consider the best iteration of Batman and his world would be most welcome.

Klarion never appeared in Batman: The Animated Series

He was in just 1 episode of The New Batman Adventures, the sequel series

Edited by Robert8

41 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Klarion never appeared in Batman: The Animated Series

He was in just 1 episode of The New Batman Adventures, the sequel series

While technically true, does it matter? I think most people consider all 109 episodes to be under the umbrella of Batman: The Animated Series (in fact the Blu-ray collection labels BTAS as BTAS season 1, The Batman and Robin Adventures as BTAS season 2, and The New Batman Adventures as BTAS season 3). If LEGO were to give us sets and/or a CMF series for BTAS I would hope they would be free to choose material from all episodes (and things like Mask of the Phantasm).

Unfortunately, I don't think LEGO will give us BTAS next year, but i'm crossing my fingers that I'm wrong.

4 hours ago, The Brick Rat said:

If he is in a set, it’ll probably because it’s LEGO DC’s 10th anniversary.

8 hours ago, The Brick Rat said:

While technically true, does it matter? I think most people consider all 109 episodes to be under the umbrella of Batman: The Animated Series (in fact the Blu-ray collection labels BTAS as BTAS season 1, The Batman and Robin Adventures as BTAS season 2, and The New Batman Adventures as BTAS season 3). If LEGO were to give us sets and/or a CMF series for BTAS I would hope they would be free to choose material from all episodes (and things like Mask of the Phantasm).

Unfortunately, I don't think LEGO will give us BTAS next year, but i'm crossing my fingers that I'm wrong.

Isn't a BTAS revival series coming next year to HBO Max? I cant remember if that was confirmed or just a rumour in the end.

2 hours ago, upliftingbricks said:

Isn't a BTAS revival series coming next year to HBO Max? I cant remember if that was confirmed or just a rumour in the end.

There's the Batman Caped Crusader animated series coming out. BTAS co-creator Bruce Timm is involved and the font on the poster looked the same, but it's otherwise unclear if it's related to BTAS or the DCAU yet.

I'd love BTAS sets too for the record.

Edited by The Stud

*oh2*

Didnt know about that rumor!

Hope for Paul Dini to join the team

Dude at this point DC Comics is just Batman&Friends

18 hours ago, The Brick Rat said:

I'd love a Batmobile from B:TAS but I also wouldn't mind if Klarion was a tie-in to Young Justice. Young Justice would also be cool in the Lego form.