Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Sounds good but is anyone really surprised with this info? It's been a while since the contents of sets have been this easy to guess :tongue:

10 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Sounds good but is anyone really surprised with this info? It's been a while since the contents of sets have been this easy to guess :tongue:

I agree, it was pretty obvious. I could've seen the $69.99 set being something different maybe but the batcave seemed like the obvious choose.

I'm really looking forward to the batmobile. Hope it looks great.

Edited by Moon_Knight

Lmao I can't believe I (and I guess not only me) guessed exactly how those sets would be.

And there's a reason for it - they are perfect. They got every necessary character, and distributed them the way that you'll want all the sets.

A cheap set with Catwoman? Great. Reeves' Batmobile with Jim and Penguin? Incredible. The Batcave with Bruce, Alfred and Riddler? Awesome.

4 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Lmao I can't believe I (and I guess not only me) guessed exactly how those sets would be.

And there's a reason for it - they are perfect. They got every necessary character, and distributed them the way that you'll want all the sets.

A cheap set with Catwoman? Great. Reeves' Batmobile with Jim and Penguin? Incredible. The Batcave with Bruce, Alfred and Riddler? Awesome.

It was so clear this is exactly how they would do the sets from the moment sets were found to be coming :laugh:

4 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

It was so clear this is exactly how they would do the sets from the moment sets were found to be coming :laugh:

Yeah, I mean I swear I've seen like not only people guessing what the sets are, but also what minifigures they include (I'm pretty sure I made a speculative list a while ago that sounded literally the same as those descriptions).

Still, it's great to have a confirmation. I was worried they might omit Penguin or Jim for example, seeing as they have no costumes and stuff. 

The distribution is perfect (well, not for my budget, as I'll have to spend 125€ on those sets :look:).

1 minute ago, Anonknee Muss said:

I am not sure what I am more excited for, the ‘Cave or the ‘Mobile!

Same. I think it all comes down to the execution, especially of the Batcave (not only the execution, they also do have to have something to work with). I hope it'll look great.

3 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

I am not sure what I am more excited for, the ‘Cave or the ‘Mobile!

Finally a more mature batcave set! You can bet your a$$ it's gonna have a prison cell for the Riddler. :wink:

Edited by Moon_Knight

Just now, Moon_Knight said:

Finally a more mature batcave set! You can bet your megablocks it's gonna have a prison cell for the Riddler. :wink:

:laugh:

2 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Same. I think it all comes down to the execution, especially of the Batcave (not only the execution, they also do have to have something to work with). I hope it'll look great.

I know, how exciting is it that we are getting our first licensed (excluding TLBM) BatCave?

I hope I can blend it in with the 2019 one.

2 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

:laugh:

I know, how exciting is it that we are getting our first licensed (excluding TLBM) BatCave?

I hope I can blend it in with the 2019 one.

Don't forget the 66 batcave, either. It's one of my favs!

It will definitely be very exciting to see how these sets turn out. I'll have to see what happens with Jurassic World: Dominion, Marvel and Potter but if I have any budget left I'd really like to get (some of) these.

FINALLY, some type of info on the sets! And unsurprisingly, it's what everyone already predicted would be coming. I always thought that the $70 set was going to be Riddler's lair, but getting this new version of the Batcave is more than welcome (it's super unique too since it's in a train station terminal this time). 

The minifigure selection has some surprises for me on the other hand. I really thought the Batmobile set was going to just have Batman, Penguin, and maybe a random goon. But getting Gordon is a perfect bonus that'll make it a day one buy along with the other two sets. The Batcave including Bruce Wayne and Alfred is great to see too, especially given Lego's strange habit of never putting in Alfred in either of the comic Batcave sets from 2012 or 2019.

It seems like Lego wanted to cover all the bases and put all the major characters in these three sets. The only one we're missing is a Carmine Falcone minifigure, but I guess his role in the film won't be that big. 

Get on, I’m really looking forward to seeing how these come out. Outside of TLBM it’s nice to see sets that go together. Come on reveal day!

53 minutes ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

when can we expect The Batman sets to release? Since it is a March 2022 movie does that mean they are January/February 1st releases?

I think I read somewhere that it'll be January 2022, but knowing Lego sets that means they might even start showing up as early as December of this year. That's just my guess/hope though.

6 minutes ago, TheBatstan said:

I think I read somewhere that it'll be January 2022, but knowing Lego sets that means they might even start showing up as early as December of this year. That's just my guess/hope though.

now that does put a smile on my face....Oop wrong thread 

3 hours ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

when can we expect The Batman sets to release? Since it is a March 2022 movie does that mean they are January/February 1st releases?

January 1st.

I hope the bikes in the bike chase set are not brick built but in fact similar to the ones in Shang Chi sets. If they are brick built, I might even be tempted not to buy them.

Yeah I think it's almost obvious that the bikes (or maybe at least Batman's) will be brickbuilt.

The batmobile chase being $40 or so makes me think it'll have 2 vehicles unless they are seriously gonna give us some massive 8-10 stud wide muscle car for Bats.

Looking at set pictures (we got A LOT of photos of Batcycle and Catwoman's motorbike), I think that Batman's will be brickbuilt (it looks actually quite big compared to Batman), while Catwoman's will be a regular moulded one (with am added back attachment).

I hope it won't be oversized, and I also count on them giving us some nice street sidebuilds (I always love getting those).

Having just finished the ‘66 Batmobile, I’m now thinking that I might have to acquire the ‘89 GWP set, and am hoping that the Tumbler comes with a stand as well. I’m not sure that the newly leaked one will, but it’ll be nice to have a good run of them. Here’s hoping it will be 8 wide, otherwise it’ll look out of place.

46 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

I’m now thinking that I might have to acquire the ‘89 GWP set, 

Wait for sets based on the flash

Edited by thephantasm