Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

12 hours ago, mgetz said:

I think im done with buying anymore batman sets unless they are based off of the tim burton or dark knight movies, Im still hoping next year we get some sets based off of The Flash, Aquaman 2 and Black Adam

I really hope we get a bunch of The Flash sets (after all it's a multiverse movie, so it has a lot of potential) and some Aquaman 2 sets (the first one got a set).

What I hope the most for is that they'll start exploring the Shazam! part of DC - I need sets for Black Adam and Fury of The Gods. Shazam is possibly my favourite live-action comicbook movie ever so I am so pissed off we didn't get any sets for the 1st one.

On 6/7/2021 at 10:06 PM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I really hope we get a bunch of The Flash sets (after all it's a multiverse movie, so it has a lot of potential) and some Aquaman 2 sets (the first one got a set).

What I hope the most for is that they'll start exploring the Shazam! part of DC - I need sets for Black Adam and Fury of The Gods. Shazam is possibly my favourite live-action comicbook movie ever so I am so pissed off we didn't get any sets for the 1st one.

Same here! So much potential in the next 2 years!

Chris McKay has revealed what would've been the plot of the cancelled sequel to The LEGO Batman Movie: 

"It was a story about the Justice League and where Batman was in terms of the Justice League now, and the struggles they were going through, as well as flashing back to how the Justice League came together. [It also featured] Batman and Superman’s relationship, as well as Batman's relationship to a lot of the other members of the Justice League. And Robin, obviously, there was a really great part for Robin."

14 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Chris McKay has revealed what would've been the plot of the cancelled sequel to The LEGO Batman Movie: 

Can you hear that faint screaming in the distance? I have a slight suspicion where it’s coming from :snicker:

58 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

"It was a story about the Justice League and where Batman was in terms of the Justice League now, and the struggles they were going through, as well as flashing back to how the Justice League came together. [It also featured] Batman and Superman’s relationship, as well as Batman's relationship to a lot of the other members of the Justice League. And Robin, obviously, there was a really great part for Robin."

This not only would've been an amazing movie, but the sets would be one the best waves ever. 

Imagine a Justice League wave with the quality of TLBM wave *huh*

I just read the piece as well and it does sound like it would've been a great movie (even though I haven't seen the first one yet) and would also have come with fantastic sets.
Really a shame it got cancelled... Any idea why/how?

Regards,
Mitch

2 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

Really a shame it got cancelled... Any idea why/how?

WB and TLG simply didn’t extend their contract after TLM2 :shrug_oh_well: 

19 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Not to mention that TLM2 performed fairly poorly and Ninjago was just a disaster on all levels.

2 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

I think I’d rather they just said nope, there were no sequel plans, instead of dangling a fake carrot on a stick. I would have bought the entire wave without question.

A chance to get a Justice League themed line, and we missed out.

Because why would something nice ever happen?

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

46 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Not to mention that TLM2 performed fairly poorly and Ninjago was just a disaster on all levels.

Interesting, thanks guys!
And how was TLBM itself received?

Regards,
Mitch

5 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

Interesting, thanks guys!
And how was TLBM itself received?

The LEGO Batman Movie performed fairly well but never got close to the success of the original LEGO movie. Here's the details if you're interested: 

The LEGO Movie
Budget: $60 million
Gross: $468 million

The LEGO Batman Movie
Budget: $80 million
Gross: $311 million

The LEGO Ninjago Movie
Budget: $70 million
Gross: $123 million

The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part
Budget: $99 million
Gross: $192 million

Thanks!
There's definitely quite a difference between TLM and TLBM...
Well, doesn't really matter, now. TLBM2 isn't gonna happen, so... :sceptic:

Regards,
Mitch

Not to mention Universal now has the rights to produce LEGO movies. There’s no way WB would just let Universal make a TLBM2 and WB and miss out on most of that money.

On 6/11/2021 at 1:55 AM, Anonknee Muss said:

Not to mention Universal now has the rights to produce LEGO movies. There’s no way WB would just let Universal make a TLBM2 and WB and miss out on most of that money.

I mean that was pretty much granted at this point

Have there been any rumors of what this year's SDCC/Fandome minifig release is? Since there is no SDCC actually happening in person I wonder if there will be a separate Fandome contest again for whatever they are planning, if anything.

2 hours ago, steyin said:

Have there been any rumors of what this year's SDCC/Fandome minifig release is? Since there is no SDCC actually happening in person I wonder if there will be a separate Fandome contest again for whatever they are planning, if anything.

Nothing for anything SDCC seems to have popped up. On the strength of that I’m going to say something CW inspired with will leave equal parts uninterested and annoyed that a comic book counterpart won’t get made.

4 hours ago, steyin said:

2 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

Nothing for anything SDCC seems to have popped up. On the strength of that I’m going to say something CW inspired with will leave equal parts uninterested and annoyed that a comic book counterpart won’t get made.

Have we ever gotten rumors for SDCC before anyways? I feel like it always just happens when it happens. 

On 6/10/2021 at 10:23 AM, lego_guyon02 said:

How lovely this would have been. The first movie had a lot of great designs with really good print. Characters like Two Face and Commissioner being unrecognizable was fine bc we got amazing comic versions of then in the years following these waves. But without that movie I wouldn’t have Black Canary, Hawkgirl, Mime, or that perfect Killer Croc. I honestly wish this sequel would have came to fruition, seeing how amazing the print was for the main cast, I can’t imagine how great the Leaguers would have looked, not to mention how impressive the character selection for the first one was, I can only imagine the likelihood of getting obscure leaguers and villains would have been high. 

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Lego Batman 2 was going to be titled Lego Superfriends and Lex Luthor and OMAC would have been the villain 

Also seem to be *hints* of the Avengers crossing over into it as well. 

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Lego Batman 2 was going to be titled Lego Superfriends and Lex Luthor and OMAC would have been the villain 

Would have a been a great movie... I like the focus on Justice League rather than just on Batman lore. Perhaps Starro, maybe even some figures from Justice League International!

"We live in a society where Lego Superfriends is a distant memory"

I see IG posts saying there was going to be a huge crossover in TLBM2, but it doesnt say what it was

Any guesses? 

My first thought is also the most unlikely: Marvel.

14 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I see IG posts saying there was going to be a huge crossover in TLBM2, but it doesnt say what it was

Any guesses? 

My first thought is also the most unlikely: Marvel.

Yeah I don't know/understand why people think Marvel! It's pretty far fetched. Please correct if I'm wrong. 

Also heartbreaking that we will never see the light of day of LBM2 or any straight to DVD DC releases.  All we can do now is sit back and see what Lego has installed for us later in the year and next year, as next year and going forward is huge for DC movies, at least...

The Batman is coming!