Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

Suicide Squad trailer is out.

Whilst there are no chances for any sets based on this film... Cmon LEGO... I'd really appreciate a few more loose tie in figures. Like King Shark. And Ratcatcher... And... Starro...

1 minute ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Whilst there are no chances for any sets based on this film... Cmon LEGO... I'd really appreciate a few more loose tie in figures. Like King Shark. And Ratcatcher... And... Starro...

I'm not following this thread also no idea and couldn't careless about upcoming sets. But that King Shark in bigfigure form would be freaking cool. 

7 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

I'm not following this thread also no idea and couldn't careless about upcoming sets. But that King Shark in bigfigure form would be freaking cool. 

If... And it won't but if we got a King Shark big fig, I'd hope he'd be like Killer Croc in the LEGO Batman Movie, with the classic shark head piece attachable to the figure

I realise I'm in the minority, but I really don't find myself laughing at most action comedy blockbusters anymore, especially superhero movies. Only say rdj can get a chuckle out of me. Heck the last movie I watched that made me laugh out loud was the lego batman movie. The jokes just aren't that witty.

This trailer was really light on action too, so... not impressed

Edited by thephantasm

37 minutes ago, thephantasm said:

I realise I'm in the minority, but I really don't find myself laughing at most action comedy blockbusters anymore, especially superhero movies. Only say rdj can get a chuckle out of me. Heck the last movie I watched that made me laugh out loud was the lego batman movie. The jokes just aren't that witty.

This trailer was really light on action too, so... not impressed

They aren’t going to blow everything in the trailer. It’s there to tempt you in. I for one was excited about this the moment I found out that Gunn was doing it. I still feel the same. If Lego can react like they did with the other one, then I’ll be even happier.

Is it universally agreed upon that the poor sales of this theme can be blamed on the movies? I theorize the extended universe did a lot to sway people away from the DC brand. I think Lego is also partly to blame for their choice of designs and print. If most sets include characters that have already been released and in better variants at that, people won’t feel enticed to buy sets from an already unpopular franchise. I’m just wondering what needs to be done to make this brand popular enough for it to receive full waves. I think this theme has not had a wave of 6 sets since 2012. We may have gotten more than 6 sets a year but thats accumulated summer and winter waves. I just really would love a year where we have 6 sets on the way with newly updated prints for many heroes and villains. Unlikely but I hope one day its possible. If this theme is still being produced I think I will always cross my fingers for the next year or wave to be a nice surprise.

34 minutes ago, thephantasm said:

How are the star wars helmets so elegant but the superhero ones so clunky

Well in all honesty Carnage is better than all the other busts, Venom would be in the 2nd place.

Iron Man and Batman are the worst ones tho.

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

That looks really bad in the pictures, but I'm pretty sure it'll look even worse in real life, because for the past couple years those canopy glass pieces have been scratched and banged up out of the box.

I think the Batman helmet looks good. Better than Iron Man at least.

I probably won’t buy it because I have other LEGO priorities right now.

On 3/25/2021 at 7:22 PM, Legoman123 said:

To be honest I’m hoping for the D2C to be Arkham Asylum, Wayne Manor or Hall of Justice.

First of all, First post on Eurobricks. Hi all! Second, if Lego makes a Hall of Justice D2C they have the chance of making arguably the greatest DC set of all time, with these figures, all in their classic comic book suits:

• Batman
  • Superman
  • Wonder Woman
  • Flash
  • Aquaman
  • Green Lantern
  • Robin

Thanks,

Iceman

The suicide squad trailer is struggling to get any views, I think because the general public have no idea who james gunn is and so the negative consensus on the first movie is really gonna tank this movie box office wise

I mean it has even fewer views than when bop's trailer dropped

If I was an investor I would have the coldest feet right now

Edited by thephantasm

1 minute ago, thephantasm said:

the general public have no idea who james gunn is

I mean, the target of the movie are people who watch CBM, so they've definetly (at least) heard of GOTG

14 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

I mean, the target of the movie are people who watch CBM, so they've definetly (at least) heard of GOTG

Gotg is a household name, but I don't think ppl know gunn.

The only other first trailer for a dc movie which got such a low no. of views in the first 24 hours is black adam- but word of mouth caused the view count to skyrocket eventually

Edited by thephantasm

36 minutes ago, thephantasm said:

The suicide squad trailer is struggling to get any views, I think because the general public have no idea who james gunn is and so the negative consensus on the first movie is really gonna tank this movie box office wise

I mean it has even fewer views than when bop's trailer dropped

If I was an investor I would have the coldest feet right now

The view count appears low because WB put age restrictions on the trailer, meaning you'd have to send Google a copy of your creditcard or ID to watch the trailer regardless of your age. Most people will think twice about something like that and look for alternative ways to watch the trailer, be it on YouTube or social media. Not everything is always as black and white as it seems.

48 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

The view count appears low because WB put age restrictions on the trailer, meaning you'd have to send Google a copy of your creditcard or ID to watch the trailer regardless of your age. Most people will think twice about something like that and look for alternative ways to watch the trailer, be it on YouTube or social media. Not everything is always as black and white as it seems.

Really? I'm in asia and I never had to send google a copy of my id. For 18+ videos I just have to sign in to an account for which I have already declared my birthday. So sorry if I am uninformed

But ok I"ll take your word for it, I don't want warner to lose money

Edited by thephantasm

12 hours ago, Bobby Drake said:

First of all, First post on Eurobricks. Hi all! Second, if Lego makes a Hall of Justice D2C they have the chance of making arguably the greatest DC set of all time, with these figures, all in their classic comic book suits:

• Batman
  • Superman
  • Wonder Woman
  • Flash
  • Aquaman
  • Green Lantern
  • Robin

Thanks,

Iceman

Welcome to Eurobricks! If that set was a reality I think they should put Cyborg and Martian Manhunter in there as well.

I'm curious, how many of you guys have a complete set of founding members of the justice league

Cos I have all except for beetle, plastic man, firestorm, john stewart, hawkgirl, the super friends, wonder twins and the sdcc guys

Edited by thephantasm

42 minutes ago, thephantasm said:

I'm curious, how many of you guys have a complete set of founding members of the justice league

Cos I have all except for beetle, plastic man, firestorm, john stewart, hawkgirl, the super friends, wonder twins and the sdcc guys

I've managed to collect at least one version of every character that Lego has released for DC, except for the SDCC figures. As a huge Justice League fan boy, they all look great displayed together!

1 hour ago, thephantasm said:

I've got them, no matter the medium.

OG 7

• Superman
  • Wonder Woman
  • Batman
  • The Flash
  • Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
  • Aquaman
  • Martian Manhunter

New 52

• All Prior Members
  • Cyborg

New 52 Movies

• All Prior Members
  • Shazam

DCEU League (but only comics-style is complete)

DCAU League (With John Stewart, Hawkgirl, and Barry Allen since there's no Wally West Flash yet)

That's not even counting Hawkman, Plastic Man, Green Arrow, Black Canary, & Jessica Cruz. I'm only missing the Titans (Beast Boy & Starfire), and Firestorm.

23 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

I've got them, no matter the medium.

OG 7

• Superman
  • Wonder Woman
  • Batman
  • The Flash
  • Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
  • Aquaman
  • Martian Manhunter

New 52

• All Prior Members
  • Cyborg

New 52 Movies

• All Prior Members
  • Shazam

DCEU League (but only comics-style is complete)

DCAU League (With John Stewart, Hawkgirl, and Barry Allen since there's no Wally West Flash yet)

That's not even counting Hawkman, Plastic Man, Green Arrow, Black Canary, & Jessica Cruz. I'm only missing the Titans (Beast Boy & Starfire), and Firestorm.

But do you have all the cmf guys