Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

For Aquaman as a theme, I could see it have about 10 sets in total (this would be both films). There are lots of interesting vehicles that remind me of star wars and as many said, Aquaman is Star Wars underwater. Though I'd be happy with even 4 sets. It's crazy we might have 2 Atlantis themed lines in one year (Black Panther 2 is rumoured to feature Namor as main villain). 

2 hours ago, Mr No said:

For Aquaman as a theme, I could see it have about 10 sets in total (this would be both films). There are lots of interesting vehicles that remind me of star wars and as many said, Aquaman is Star Wars underwater. Though I'd be happy with even 4 sets. It's crazy we might have 2 Atlantis themed lines in one year (Black Panther 2 is rumoured to feature Namor as main villain). 

Given how they allocate slots to Marvel film sets, it would have to be an incredible turn of events for Aquaman to get that much love. Or any character who doesn’t wear the cowl and cape. Don’t get me wrong, I loved how Atlantis came across on the screen and would love to have seen more characters, but it was never going to happen. I will be very happy to see Aquaman, Flash, and Black Adam sets, should they come.

4 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

Given how they allocate slots to Marvel film sets, it would have to be an incredible turn of events for Aquaman to get that much love. Or any character who doesn’t wear the cowl and cape. Don’t get me wrong, I loved how Atlantis came across on the screen and would love to have seen more characters, but it was never going to happen. I will be very happy to see Aquaman, Flash, and Black Adam sets, should they come.

Well, Eternals got 4 sets and Black Panther 2 is supposed to have 4 too, we shall see. I believe Aquaman could use 4 sets well and it is DC's highest grossing film (I think it beat Batman too). We shall see. 

6 minutes ago, Mr No said:

Well, Eternals got 4 sets and Black Panther 2 is supposed to have 4 too, we shall see. 

The big difference is that Marvel sells way better than DC, why do you think all LEGO does is Batman? Batman sells, the other characters do not (or at least to a lesser extent). If the normal DC sets sold better we wouldn't be in the Batman-centric situation we're in now. 

By hoping for a ton of sets based on the upcoming DC movies you'll probably be setting yourself up for disappointment. With most of these movies we'll be lucky to see even just one set or a comic tie-in.

5 hours ago, Mr No said:

Kind of dissapointing we don't get leaks like we used to, I remember when there were lots of leakers like cm4sci that would leak themes and sets, Lego got better at this game. It's good for them but I wish I would see or atleast know what kind of sets are coming later in the summer so I could plan my purchases better. Let's hope we get some info soon for DC...because we get lots of movies coming. Also, is there any info on those Batman Beyond sets? Or it was a fake rumour? 

It wasn’t fake, but it was a rumour, we won’t find out later in 2022.

5 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

The big difference is that Marvel sells way better than DC, why do you think all LEGO does is Batman? Batman sells, the other characters do not (or at least to a lesser extent). If the normal DC sets sold better we wouldn't be in the Batman-centric situation we're in now. 

By hoping for a ton of sets based on the upcoming DC movies you'll probably be setting yourself up for disappointment. With most of these movies we'll be lucky to see even just one set or a comic tie-in.

Well, let's hope we even get 1 for each. Atleast Flash should be guaranteed since it features 2 Batman. Black Adam is the biggest question mark. Aquaman, well it was pretty big box office wise. We shall see. 

There is also Batman The Caped Crusader show which might give us some sets. 

Edited by Mr No

Next year is the year for DC.

Batman sets coming

Plenty of books to preorder .

And movies,  animated,  games TV shows 

Some of these leakers are Marvel fan boys and of course there going to push Marvel in the forums and there pages! 

I'm hopeful we get some variety next year! The big set is still 50 50, as in which license will get it. It don't matter if they released a large set the year before,  look at Star Wars! 

Hopeful!

2 minutes ago, Lionbear8 said:

The big set is still 50 50, as in which license will get it. It don't matter if they released a large set the year before,  look at Star Wars! 

I'm leaning more to something like 70/30 in Marvel's favor. I just struggle to come up with something from DC that I could realistically see LEGO do at this $500 pricepiont. It's obvious they only really have faith in  Batman related products and besides maybe a $500 Arkham I can't see them taking the gamble.

I found the WW84 set at $15, should I go for it? I enjoyed the film mostly, but I'm kind of torn on it. Is the set solid? 

43 minutes ago, Mr No said:

I found the WW84 set at $15, should I go for it? I enjoyed the film mostly, but I'm kind of torn on it. Is the set solid? 

At $15 it’s a steal. The timing is what screwed it’s release. The build is great, all those lovely printed gold tiles, Diana’s Golden Eagle armour, and another Cheetah variant. The only letdown is the figbarf excuse for a third figure.

6 hours ago, Mr No said:

The set is rather good, especially when compared to other DC sets.

If you enjoyed the movie, I'd go for it. $15 is a great deal

15 hours ago, Mr No said:

The movie is horrible but the set is great. I’d say that the WW in her golden eagle armor is worth the $15 itself. Go for it!

Frigging lego messed up the sets (imo) for the one dc movie I'm hyped for next year.

The only dc movie I'm hoping get sets next year is Black adam, and solely for a doctor fate figure. I'm not even mildly interested in any other dceu 2022 sets. If lego somehow decides to make any non-bat centric, comic/gaming based sets, I'll probably buy it asap if it's decent.  

Fortunately, the klarion tease, I'm 90% sure means non-bat centric characters are coming, because you can't take him down with a batarang.

Black Adam had a test screening, reactions were quite positive, Brosnan is a standout...maybe there is hope. 

On 12/16/2021 at 5:42 AM, Lionbear8 said:

Next year is the year for DC.

Plenty of books to preorder .

Eh if you mean comics, 2022's solicits isn't doing anything for me. I'll get robin's tpb but none of the covers, much less series, appeal to me enough. Way past time jessica cruz gets another comic

Apologies for going off-topic

1 hour ago, Mr No said:

Was Klarion in Batman TAS? I would like if Lego made much more accurate TAS sets. 

Both he and Etrigan appeared in an episode of the follow up The New Batman Adventures. So DCAU but not BTAS

Since when is B:TAS not part of the DCAU? *huh*

16 hours ago, Mr No said:

Black Adam had a test screening, reactions were quite positive, Brosnan is a standout...maybe there is hope. 

Glad to hear it! Thanks for sharing :sweet: 
Would love to get a Dr. Fate someday. 

Regards,
Mitch

4 hours ago, CF Mitch said:

Since when is B:TAS not part of the DCAU? *huh*

Glad to hear it! Thanks for sharing :sweet: 
Would love to get a Dr. Fate someday. 

Regards,
Mitch

It is - the comment was saying that Klarion wasn't in B:TAS but did appear in other DCAU media.

2 hours ago, BigGuy4U said:

It is - the comment was saying that Klarion wasn't in B:TAS but did appear in other DCAU media.

Oooohh, oops!
Guess I misread. My bad :blush: 

Regards,
Mitch

On 12/18/2021 at 2:11 PM, thephantasm said:

Eh if you mean comics, 2022's solicits isn't doing anything for me. I'll get robin's tpb but none of the covers, much less series, appeal to me enough. Way past time jessica cruz gets another comic

Apologies for going off-topic

All good, I meant the lego books, there is like 5 DC books getting released next year, from stickers, activity, short stories and the dictionary of course. 

As regards to the 2022 solicits,  I see some good monthly releases now and next year,  leading into some nice hard cover  collections. My top 5 currently is

1. Batman the Imposter by the Batman screenwriter 

2. One Dark Knight by Jock 

3. Dark Knights of Steel by Tom Taylor 

4. Batman: Killing Time by Tom King

5. Batman: Beyond the White Knight by Sean Murphy 

The Batman is coming! 

Not 2022 related but I recently got the Dimensions Teen Titans pack with Raven and Beast Boy, and Joker-land should be making its way to me in the next few days..

I also intend to buy the Super-boy Target Cube for whatever expensive price its at now just to get him sealed, within the next month. 

I may have stated before that I thought Joker-land was an ugly build with a hideous facade with a poor choice of side builds (this is one of my least favorite Bat-mobile’s I’ll say that. But a huge reason I got this is because I really enjoy most of the figures in this set and wanted a sealed copy of all of them. Starfire, Beast Boy, Harley, Batman, Robin, all come in very desirable variants. I would love to post a review of this might sign up for that review academy course and review this set and keep it sealed till I’m ready because I really think I have a lot to say about this set. Also not opening the dimensions pack until I build Joker-land.

So since I already had the 2018 Scarecrow/Beetle set, the CMF Bumblebee and a Cyborg figure, I’m only missing Super-boy , Apache Chief, and Death-stroke as my Titans figures. Unsure if I want that Bat-boat set but both Robin and Death-stroke are tempting.

Thought I should say I think both he and Dead shot should be given a thin armored mask mould with a slimmer chin than the Iron Man mould (and maybe it shouldn’t even cover the back of the head just the front) because this flat headed silhouette for those characters is underwhelming imo.

Lego has potential for some interesting Batman sets in the future with The Flash, Batman Caped Crusader, Gotham Knights and more. If they do Batman Beyond then that will be cool. 

You know, I would like if Lego made some new Superman sets, I think actual Val Zod sets would be pretty cool.