Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

On 11/24/2021 at 1:09 AM, Johnny1360 said:

Looking at my Batman display, one thing is conspicuously missing, bad guy vehicles and hideouts, or for that matter anything location based. So I would like to see some of that kind of stuff to go with my Batcave.

Really, really not interested in any mechs period.

I'm hearing you! Need more sets like that! 

10 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

Let’s face it, the list of possibilities and so far missed opportunities for DC builds is pretty long. I’m currently rocking the idea of a Death Metal Batcycle, not that it would stand a chance during the ‘can we sell this to kids’ stage of the process.

That motorcycle is special! I think the next one they will do is for the Flash movie,  the affleck batcycle.

With all the news of new brickheadz coming in 2022, I hope we get a double pack of Batman and Catwoman from the The Batman movie!

On 11/25/2021 at 12:31 AM, TheBatstan said:

Can't believe I missed this. You're very much welcome, I should be thanking you for the excellent design. After working on it for a while, I think I've finally arrived to a satisfying combination of the official set and your MOC. I can't wait to actually build it to see how it looks:

On 11/25/2021 at 12:31 AM, TheBatstan said:

Your amalgamation looks great. I also did a bit of a redesign 

I tweaked my old design a bit to be less "blocky" 

Then rewatching the trailers I could not help but think that the new 2022 Batmobile shares similarities with a Dodge Challenger so I created a new design in scale with the  2021 Speed Champions1970 DODGE CHALLENGER. 

The Batman 2022 Batmobile V3The Batman 2022 Batmobile Compact V2

Picked up some of the new(ish) Lego Batman sets at the Lego Store the other day and just got done building them.

I picked up the small The Batman motorcycle set on a whim and I actually liked the bikes a lot more in person than when pictures were first revealed. Since I’ve decided to skip the new Batcave, I’m glad to have gotten Selina Kyle here. I also built the smaller Tumbler and it was a fantastic build, as well as just a really enjoyable experience assembling it. I’m satisfied with both and am now excited to pick up the Pattinson Batmobile set in the next month or so.

Well courtesy of one of the new City sets, I can see Egghead’s mech getting an upgrade. That eggsplat appears to be a modified Nexo shield.

The egg splat looks to be a totally new piece that can be fired with a 1 x 4 brick shooter (the sort that shoots 2 x 2 round tiles)

5 hours ago, jonwil said:

The egg splat looks to be a totally new piece that can be fired with a 1 x 4 brick shooter (the sort that shoots 2 x 2 round tiles)

Looks like there are 4 colours in January for this new piece. Dark Pink, Blue, Lime and White (with egg print) (<- The colours aren't the official lego/bricklink names for the colour)

There is a $500 D2C Superheroes set on the horizon, according to recent rumours. Could it be for DC, considering we’re already getting a Marvel one in March? *oh2*

22 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Nah, I don't think they have anything substantial to guarantee a 500€ D2C.

The thing is... DC is pretty much Batman now

They wouldnt release 2 Batcaves almost together 

So maybe Arkham??? Its been a while since the last one

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Oh, I do think it's Batman-centric (if it's a DC set) - just not The Batman-centric :tongue:

I mean as long as we're hoping, how awesome would a D2C based on the Arkham games be? Really promote that 18+ suggestion.

Realistically I would expect the next DC D2C to be another Bat-vehicle (The Bat, Battinson Batmobile, 1966 Batmobile, etc.) but $500 seems too much when the others have been $200-250.

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Considering we currently have 3 Batmobiles on the shelf right (3 from January for those outside North America) I don’t see a $500 Batcave being competition for a $80 Batcave.

For all we know this could be Aus $ and not US. Not enough information yet.

I don’t think it would make sense for it to be a Marvel set with the Daily Bugle still being fairly fresh and with Marvel already getting another D2C next year with the Hulkbuster Mark 2. 

That being said, I don’t really know what DC set they could do for a $500 price when they’re pushing the theme so little. Maybe a Batcave but I don’t know. It is Lego DC’s tenth anniversary too so it would be fair for them to get equal coverage.

1 minute ago, The Stud said:

I don’t think it would make sense for it to be a Marvel set with the Daily Bugle still being fairly fresh and with Marvel already getting another D2C next year with the Hulkbuster Mark 2. 

That being said, I don’t really know what DC set they could do for a $500 price when they’re pushing the theme so little. Maybe a Batcave but I don’t know. It is Lego DC’s tenth anniversary too so it would be fair for them to get equal coverage.

I would hope for something minifigure “scale” at least, we’ve had plenty of up-scaled vehicles recently.

17 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

I would hope for something minifigure “scale” at least, we’ve had plenty of up-scaled vehicles recently.

Ditto. Maybe if we send positive thoughts it might actually go our (the inhabitants of the DC thread) way for once. The equivalent of the Daily Bugle would be great. Something like the Planet under attack and a handful of new faces, like the Superman Revenge Squad.

If it is DC,

hall of justice with a heavy Batman theme e.g 1 x bat vehicle 

A Batcave with Wayne Manor 

Arkham Asylum ghost busters hq style 

Gotham setting e.g wanye tower 

Too big for a vehilce! 

The only sets we have this year are sets that were supposed to be released last year,  the accessory pack had a new bat figuare,  surely that was part of a bigger wave.  

I really hope it's DC!

So much content they have coming! 

28 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Considering we currently have 3 Batmobiles on the shelf right (3 from January for those outside North America) I don’t see a $500 Batcave being competition for a $80 Batcave.

For all we know this could be Aus $ and not US. Not enough information yet.

Vehicle would be towards the back end of the year,  if they follow the pattern from the last 3 years,  we should get The Bat from Dark Knight Rises, but nothing is certain!

4 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

Ditto. Maybe if we send positive thoughts it might actually go our (the inhabitants of the DC thread) way for once. The equivalent of the Daily Bugle would be great. Something like the Planet under attack and a handful of new faces, like the Superman Revenge Squad.

Lol, like that idea! 

1 hour ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

I mean as long as we're hoping, how awesome would a D2C based on the Arkham games be? Really promote that 18+ suggestion.

Realistically I would expect the next DC D2C to be another Bat-vehicle (The Bat, Battinson Batmobile, 1966 Batmobile, etc.) but $500 seems too much when the others have been $200-250.

If its on the games that would be special! Time will tell! 

1 hour ago, RedHoodPug said:

My gut is telling me that it's avengers tower/compound/ gauntlet/ iconic marvel prop

But in trying to send positive thoughts, if it's 10 years of dc- related, it's probably the batcave or wayne manor. Small hope of hall of justice.

Edit: ok, I can't even pretend to have hope. It's so obviously avengers tower or compound. Even if, by some miracle it's dc (it's not), it's gonna be a comic batcave to capitalise off the batman movie hype. Also, it's lego. 

Edited by thephantasm

1 hour ago, thephantasm said:

My gut is telling me that it's avengers tower/compound/ gauntlet/ iconic marvel prop

But in trying to send positive thoughts, if it's 10 years of dc- related, it's probably the batcave or wayne manor. Small hope of hall of justice.

Edit: ok, I can't even pretend to have hope. It's so obviously avengers tower or compound. Even if, by some miracle it's dc (it's not), it's gonna be a comic batcave to capitalise off the batman movie hype. Also, it's lego. 

It could be arkham asylum. Ash n flash has a good video out explaining the potentials.

15 minutes ago, Lionbear8 said:

It could be arkham asylum. Ash n flash has a good video out explaining the potentials.

Highly doubt it. $500 is bigger than the bugle. There's not a lot of interesting elements to include in an asylum set that big. You could do the cells, joker's therapy room, another freeze holding cell, maybe a cafeteria... that's about it. Even if you make the cells, cube-sized, how many cells would you include?

Joker, riddler, penguin, scarecrow, ivy, two-face, bane...

Nah I don't see it. Honestly was quite surprised he said arkham was the most mentioned. Most of the dc wishes seem to be the hall of justice.

Maybe a $300- $400 arkham playset but ucs styled could still work. A $500 arkham? Can't see it. Especially when you could do the batcave, but I'm certain it's neither.

Edited by thephantasm

Marvel is getting a new Hulkbuster D2C and I doubt we would see another big Marvel set so soon after the Bugle.