Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

On 11/16/2021 at 8:34 PM, Lionbear8 said:

But that's what happened this year lol. Let's hope it's DC, and something fresh! Cough Bat Train!

That would be my most wanted set at the moment. My two year old literally walks around singing Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Batman ... Train. All the time. He likes Batman, and trains, and would love them together.

On 11/16/2021 at 8:34 PM, Lionbear8 said:

On the bright side the Art set is 4000 pieces plus. 

Not sure that is a bright side for me. Does that mean it will be the same size as the previous art pieces but with an extra few hundred 1x1 rounds? The previous set I got was 3400 pieces for $200. This one may just be the same size but with an extra $40 on the price tag.

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Yeah, that is quite an interesting thing...

A 10€ Batman, Joker and Superman mechs would sell like hot cakes, wouldn't they?

It wouldn't really be exciting, but something is better than nothing.

Considering LEGO used the mechs to bring/bringing out exclusive minifigures, I see no reason why we can’t get new variants and even new characters (not all of the time of course) from a line of DC mechs. My friend wants a Dr Fate mech :grin:

I think the mechs suck but if we got even one useful fig out of them (besides some good variants none yet) then maybe I’ll pick one up. Seem like easy passes for now. Would rather DC get actual sets over a gimmick like that to be honest but to each his own.

I'm thinking that 2022 could be a better year for Lego DC Comics fans. Next years both Aquaman and The Lost Kingdom and The Flash will release. The set for the first Aquaman was very solid and The Flash needs sets, because that movie looks insane. I'm a little biased towards The Flash and I want an updated Reverse Flash, Flash, Supergirl, Ben Affleck Batman, and Michael Keaton Batman figures based off the rumors from the film. Flashpoint is such a great comic storyline from the comics and I hope they dive head-first into the multiverse. I love DC sets that aren't always Batman, we need sets based off of more iconic DC Comics characters. 

On 11/17/2021 at 10:32 PM, timemail said:

That would be my most wanted set at the moment. My two year old literally walks around singing Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Batman ... Train. All the time. He likes Batman, and trains, and would love them together.

Not sure that is a bright side for me. Does that mean it will be the same size as the previous art pieces but with an extra few hundred 1x1 rounds? The previous set I got was 3400 pieces for $200. This one may just be the same size but with an extra $40 on the price tag.

The art sets are always a rip off, best to find a sale,  then buy 6 of them,  for the Batman release,  if it follows the Iron man pattern.  

I just hope they Fill in the year with at least 3 to 4 comic sets! 

On 11/19/2021 at 8:44 AM, Flaming Bricks said:

I'm thinking that 2022 could be a better year for Lego DC Comics fans. Next years both Aquaman and The Lost Kingdom and The Flash will release. The set for the first Aquaman was very solid and The Flash needs sets, because that movie looks insane. I'm a little biased towards The Flash and I want an updated Reverse Flash, Flash, Supergirl, Ben Affleck Batman, and Michael Keaton Batman figures based off the rumors from the film. Flashpoint is such a great comic storyline from the comics and I hope they dive head-first into the multiverse. I love DC sets that aren't always Batman, we need sets based off of more iconic DC Comics characters. 

It should,  if we go what the designers said in the interviews regarding the way they release sets based on movie releases. Don't get a  bigger movie star then the Rock atm, and great way to introduce rest of the gang from the Black Adam movie. 

I'm just curious what was originally to be released early January,  as the Batman movie delay casued sets to be pushed back.  My own assumption! 

On 11/16/2021 at 9:11 PM, BrickBob Studpants said:

Hehe, the good ol’ days when Marvel and DC shared the same threads :laugh: How did we survive that for as long as we did? :laugh_hard:

Tell me about it lol 

I really hope we get Black Adam somehow this year.

I want to work for DC one day and help get it out of this rut it really hurts to see the negligent treatment of characters I love so much.

On 11/17/2021 at 11:32 AM, timemail said:

It's the usual RRP for the single Art sets at the usual $120 but the sith art one had 3 options so this one should be the same which is why it has a higher piece count. Suprised they've taken so long to release it when it's been rumoured for such a long time.

2 hours ago, Brick Clicker said:

It's the usual RRP for the single Art sets at the usual $120 but the sith art one had 3 options so this one should be the same which is why it has a higher piece count. Suprised they've taken so long to release it when it's been rumoured for such a long time.

Wasn’t it briefly rumoured to be based around the new “The Batman” film? If true, that would explain the delay.

I’m not a huge DC fan (I’m mostly only interested in the Bat Family) but man, I’m sorry y’all. Aside from the DC CMF, you guys haven’t even gotten a new Superman figure in a set since what, 2018? Hopefully things turn around for you all next year.

On 11/22/2021 at 1:27 AM, Brick Clicker said:

On 11/20/2021 at 8:28 AM, Lionbear8 said:

The art sets are always a rip off, best to find a sale,  then buy 6 of them,  for the Batman release,  if it follows the Iron man pattern.  

6 is a bit rich for my blood. I just picked up 1 of the Sith and will likely try to do the same here. I was able to get it at 60% off, so hoping for similar around this one (although I suspect retailers will order less given how much they had to discount them).

I almost bought a second Sith in the hope I would be able to build one of the Batman ones with it (and a minor BaP or Bricklink order). I figured the colours would be similar. I will be kicking myself if this is the case.

I really hope we get some surprise wave this year with some sort of new concept or figure. I wouldn’t be mad seeing the usual roster if we got new variants. Idk man DC does a lot to play into their failure, only upcoming announced shows are some Batman and Superman cartoons. The Bruce Tim cartoon may end up getting sets or inspiring sets but Beware the Batman, Young Justice, Teen Titans Go, Justice League Action and Green Lantern the Animated Series all aired while this theme was active and we got nothing so maybe that won’t be enough.

I will say though, when people say “this theme will get more sets when it sells better” give Lego way too much credit. Its as if Lego is putting the best content with what they’re working with but I personally think rehashing concepts with figures we’ve gotten before in better prints is not the way to approach themes with popularity issues. Similar to how they used unique molds in Vidiyo to attract people to that niche theme, they should have invested in at least a few newer moulds for characters, or better printing (instead of investing in new Batarang molds every other wave). Maybe if Batgirl had dual molded legs, a proper hairpiece, and Bronze Tiger came in a better print, that set would sell better. Or if more new figs were introduced maybe more people would be excited about newer sets. I just think there’s a lot of talk about DC content needing to be more popular for the sets to sell but I think minor choices in figure design, set build and quality also play a role in why this theme does not sell.

We’ve seen constant Bat vehicle with rehashed roster maybe the approach plays a role in the failure. 

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

I really hope we get some surprise wave this year with some sort of new concept or figure. I wouldn’t be mad seeing the usual roster if we got new variants. Idk man DC does a lot to play into their failure, only upcoming announced shows are some Batman and Superman cartoons. The Bruce Tim cartoon may end up getting sets or inspiring sets but Beware the Batman, Young Justice, Teen Titans Go, Justice League Action and Green Lantern the Animated Series all aired while this theme was active and we got nothing so maybe that won’t be enough.

I will say though, when people say “this theme will get more sets when it sells better” give Lego way too much credit. Its as if Lego is putting the best content with what they’re working with but I personally think rehashing concepts with figures we’ve gotten before in better prints is not the way to approach themes with popularity issues. Similar to how they used unique molds in Vidiyo to attract people to that niche theme, they should have invested in at least a few newer moulds for characters, or better printing (instead of investing in new Batarang molds every other wave). Maybe if Batgirl had dual molded legs, a proper hairpiece, and Bronze Tiger came in a better print, that set would sell better. Or if more new figs were introduced maybe more people would be excited about newer sets. I just think there’s a lot of talk about DC content needing to be more popular for the sets to sell but I think minor choices in figure design, set build and quality also play a role in why this theme does not sell.

We’ve seen constant Bat vehicle with rehashed roster maybe the approach plays a role in the failure. 

I agree with mostly what you’ve said here. I think what DC has over Marvel, and what Lego should be feeding off of, is nostalgia. DC has all these great movies and tv series that people absolutely love. If Lego would continue releasing sets like the recent Tumbler and the 66 Batmobile, I think the theme would sell amazingly. Visiting Batman: The Animated Series and Batman Beyond would be so cool and people would buy. I have a few coworkers that haven’t collected Lego since childhood but are now rediscovering Lego because of the 89 Batman sets. I get Lego fans are sick of bat vehicles but they sell like hotcakes and there’s still so much more to explore if Lego would visit Bruce Timm’s universe, revisit Christopher Nolan’s universe and (dare I say) even Joel Schumacher’s universe.

39 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

[...] and (dare I say) even Joel Schumacher’s universe.

I see someone wants the Batnipples suit :grin::tongue:

Jokes aside I think Mr Freeze in particular could be turned into a pretty cool figure, despite the actual design being pretty terrible. 

45 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

...and (dare I say) even Joel Schumacher’s universe.

As much as I hate those movies, I wouldn't mind seeing Bat-Nipples in LEGO...

...It would honestly be quite amusing.

6 hours ago, cosmic said:

The Bruce Tim cartoon may end up getting sets or inspiring sets but Beware the Batman, Young Justice, Teen Titans Go, Justice League Action and Green Lantern the Animated Series all aired while this theme was active and we got nothing so maybe that won’t be enough.

We technically did get the Beware the Batman look (inaccurately in mostly gray instead of black, mind you, like they did with The Dark Knight's costume until the newest one) and Batmobile both in the first set Flash appeared in. It just wasn't branded as such, bizarrely enough.

5 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

I see someone wants the Batnipples suit :grin::tongue:

Jokes aside I think Mr Freeze in particular could be turned into a pretty cool figure, despite the actual design being pretty terrible. 

I can go on all day about how I seriously want Uma Thurmans Ivy and Arnold’s Freeze in my collection. This is not a joke I just don’t think a UCS set is the way to go about it I’d like to see a small wave dedicated to those 80’s films.

6 hours ago, Moon_Knight said:

I agree with mostly what you’ve said here. I think what DC has over Marvel, and what Lego should be feeding off of, is nostalgia. DC has all these great movies and tv series that people absolutely love. If Lego would continue releasing sets like the recent Tumbler and the 66 Batmobile, I think the theme would sell amazingly. Visiting Batman: The Animated Series and Batman Beyond would be so cool and people would buy. 

I used to have this mentality. But I feel like if there’s money to be made on the older cartoons they would have by now. Don’t get me wrong, I’d love sets based on older properties but I feel like Lego is too hesitant to produce content thats seen as risky for this theme. I’d love 80’s cinematic sets along with Teen Titans and JLU content.

2 hours ago, BaneShake said:

We technically did get the Beware the Batman look (inaccurately in mostly gray instead of black, mind you, like they did with The Dark Knight's costume until the newest one) and Batmobile both in the first set Flash appeared in. It just wasn't branded as such, bizarrely enough.

Good point. Guess we also got the animated versions of Raven, Starfire, Robin, and Beast Boy. No sets based directly off Teen Titans or Teen Titans Go but those figs were definitely cartoon based. Starfires pink hair is a dead giveaway for example. Anyways, not quite what I’m going for. Figs from cartoons spread throughout Bat sets is meh Ind rather sets directly inspired by these shows themselves. That 2014 Batmobile was basically a Beware the Batman set with the Flash and Riddler sprinkled in. But considering neither was really part of the show its fair to say that set had mixed influences for its content.

4 hours ago, cosmic said:

I can go on all day about how I seriously want Uma Thurmans Ivy and Arnold’s Freeze in my collection. This is not a joke I just don’t think a UCS set is the way to go about it I’d like to see a small wave dedicated to those 80’s films.

Indeed, more minifig-scaled sets based on previous movies (doesn’t matter which ones) would be great :thumbup:

Don’t you mean 90’s though? :tongue: The only film released in the 80’s was the first Batman, and that was at the very tail end of the decade

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

Looking at my Batman display, one thing is conspicuously missing, bad guy vehicles and hideouts, or for that matter anything location based. So I would like to see some of that kind of stuff to go with my Batcave.

Really, really not interested in any mechs period.

Edited by Johnny1360

10 hours ago, thephantasm said:

Dcau includes jlu, I much rather have sets for the league than just more batman

Same. That is the biggest thing I want out of LEGO DC, as I buy minifigures or sets with minifigures that most closely resemble the depictions in JLU and that is really it.

22 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

Looking at my Batman display, one thing is conspicuously missing, bad guy vehicles and hideouts, or for that matter anything location based. So I would like to see some of that kind of stuff to go with my Batcave.

I had all my Batman sets out last month and I was thinking the same.

On 11/23/2021 at 8:09 AM, Johnny1360 said:

Agreed. One of my favorite sets in the entire theme is Jokerland, I would love to see more sets like that one.

On 11/9/2021 at 1:06 PM, henkvdl05 said:

Thank you for the shout out. I quite like the amalgamation you did between my MOC and the official LEGO set. I am also quite intrigued with the similarities between my MOC and the official set, considering that mine has been on Brinklink since 28 Dec 2020 https://www.bricklink.com/v3/studio/design.page?idModel=193009. 

Can't believe I missed this. You're very much welcome, I should be thanking you for the excellent design. After working on it for a while, I think I've finally arrived to a satisfying combination of the official set and your MOC. I can't wait to actually build it to see how it looks:

mxmwCkp.png

11 hours ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

Agreed. One of my favorite sets in the entire theme is Jokerland, I would love to see more sets like that one.

I never really liked that set but recently decided I want it because I want sealed versions of all the exclusive figs in that set. Its meh, the bulk of the build should have been the clown mouth and that felt like an after thought the joker section was very barren and thin and felt unfinished. Harleys tight rope looks fine and Ivy’s death drop and Penguins Ferris Wheel never resonated with me.

I agree generally though that the Hall of Doom, the Jokers Abandoned Fairground, LexCorp Tower, the Iceberg Lounge, etc would make great builds.

On 11/23/2021 at 9:09 AM, Johnny1360 said:

Pretty much everything is missing honestly. Not sure what villainous vehicles I want but I’d love to have a Hot Air Balloon for the Joker. Not like the TLBM one I mean like a real fully covered overhead hot air balloon. 

5 hours ago, cosmic said:

Pretty much everything is missing honestly. Not sure what villainous vehicles I want but I’d love to have a Hot Air Balloon for the Joker. Not like the TLBM one I mean like a real fully covered overhead hot air balloon. 

Let’s face it, the list of possibilities and so far missed opportunities for DC builds is pretty long. I’m currently rocking the idea of a Death Metal Batcycle, not that it would stand a chance during the ‘can we sell this to kids’ stage of the process.