Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

12 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Brendan Fraser will be Firefly in the upcoming Batgirl movie

I’m very excited! I think sets for the Batgirl movie are very plausible.

1 hour ago, Anonknee Muss said:

I’m very excited! I think sets for the Batgirl movie are very plausible.

Are they though? If it was a theatrical release, sure, but we haven‘t had a single set yet based on a streaming-exclusive movie :shrug_oh_well: (And no, Trolls World Tour doesn‘t count)

16 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Are they though? If it was a theatrical release, sure, but we haven‘t had a single set yet based on a streaming-exclusive movie :shrug_oh_well: (And no, Trolls World Tour doesn‘t count)

Oh I didn’t realise it was a streaming-only movie :hmpf_bad:

This is very disappointing.

5 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

This is very disappointing.

Agreed. I‘m fine with streaming shows, but I vastly prefer films to be theatrical :hmpf_bad: I doubt they gain enough new subscribers  to make up for what a theatrical release would have grossed.

Of course, TLG could still give it a shot, but given how hesitant they are with DC properties in general, I doubt a HBOmax-exclusive film stands much of a chance

On 10/24/2021 at 6:06 PM, Micka said:

Do we have any information on Black Adam, Flash and Aquaman sets?

No.

But all of them would be 2HY sets, and it's too early for those leaks.

5 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Agreed. I‘m fine with streaming shows, but I vastly prefer films to be theatrical :hmpf_bad: I doubt they gain enough new subscribers  to make up for what a theatrical release would have grossed.

Of course, TLG could still give it a shot, but given how hesitant they are with DC properties in general, I doubt a HBOmax-exclusive film stands much of a chance

I agree with all of this. If I have the choice of watching something at the cinema vs watching at home, 9/10 I choose cinema. A subscription-only release isn’t going to convince me to purchase it.

Since Batgirl is due to come out in 2022, we could see Batgirl and Firefly in sets in the summer but I wouldn’t expect anything directly based off the film.

Looks like the sets are starting to show up in the wild ahead of their November 1st release, as expected. Ashnflash found this set and the Batmobile at a Walmart in Canada (good news for us fellow Canadians), and the Batmobile review is coming out tomorrow. The two bike builds are really well detailed, but I'm still going to streamline the front of the Batcycle to fix that blocky-ness.

The most surprising thing about this set for me is the Bat-Signal symbol is actually a sticker, and a transparent one at that. That means I can easily switch out the 3x3 glow in the dark round tile for a white one, or hopefully a yellow one if it eventually comes out in that color since the Bat-Signal in the trailer definitely has more of a yellow lighting to it. 

9 hours ago, TheBatstan said:

Looks like the sets are starting to show up in the wild ahead of their November 1st release, as expected. Ashnflash found this set and the Batmobile at a Walmart in Canada (good news for us fellow Canadians), and the Batmobile review is coming out tomorrow. The two bike builds are really well detailed, but I'm still going to streamline the front of the Batcycle to fix that blocky-ness.

The most surprising thing about this set for me is the Bat-Signal symbol is actually a sticker, and a transparent one at that. That means I can easily switch out the 3x3 glow in the dark round tile for a white one, or hopefully a yellow one if it eventually comes out in that color since the Bat-Signal in the trailer definitely has more of a yellow lighting to it.

I just watched his livestream of building The Batman sets and the Batmobile looks great! Also, looks like the hood should be easy to customize. :laugh:

17 hours ago, CoolDudeRadman said:

Seeing as Klarion is going to be in Young Justice season 4, maybe we’ll be getting some young justice tie in sets? 

I doubt it very much, most likely indirect tie-ins - characters put into sets we wouldn't usually see.

4 hours ago, Moon_Knight said:

I just watched his livestream of building The Batman sets and the Batmobile looks great! Also, looks like the hood should be easy to customize. :laugh:

Yup, very easy.

I'm still waiting to see if anyone will modify the Batcycle though. I've been trying every single combination I can think of in Stud.io to make the front slimmer after seeing how it was built, and so far these 2 are my favorite ones (the middle one is how it's built in the set). I think the best solution for it would be to get rid of some of the 1 x 3 plates that make up the front build:

PgL8rf2.png

Edited by TheBatstan

15 hours ago, TheBatstan said:

Yup, very easy.

I'm still waiting to see if anyone will modify the Batcycle though. I've been trying every single combination I can think of in Stud.io to make the front slimmer after seeing how it was built, and so far these 2 are my favorite ones (the middle one is how it's built in the set). I think the best solution for it would be to get rid of some of the 1 x 3 plates that make up the front build:

[image]

The far left one is my favourite, simple solution but very effective.

5 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Based

9 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

That's probably the one I'm going to go with. The other one is great, but it feels like it's missing something without the 1 x 3 plate underneath. And of course, it looks a lot better in black instead of that jarring light bluish grey that sticks out immensely.

It does make the front a little less sleek but if you really want to get rid of that blockiness it would also really help to replace the stickered light with a brickbuilt one, roughly like this: 

Screenshot_57.jpg

Edited by lego_guyon02

5 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Based

Ah, I See You're a Man of Culture As Well.

18 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

It does make the front a little less sleek but if you really want to get rid of that blockiness it would also really help to replace the stickered light with a brickbuilt one, roughly like this: 

[image]

I'm a sucker for brick lights over stickers, I am probably going to go with this. How much for the instructions?

Edited by Anonknee Muss

55 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Screenshot_57.jpg

Oh damn that is really nice. Normally I'd go the brick built route too but the way that the set designed the front build to be slightly angled, I think I'll have to keep the sticker instead since angling this would make it look odd.

1 hour ago, TheBatstan said:

Oh damn that is really nice. Normally I'd go the brick built route too but the way that the set designed the front build to be slightly angled, I think I'll have to keep the sticker instead since angling this would make it look odd.

I may have a solution to that. The software was playing up but I think you get the gist. Once the front is angled down, the light tile should more or less be parallel to the ground but I couldn't say for sure as I was unable to test it properly.

https://ibb.co/mXYXwwD

Upon thinking about it, the pieces may clash with the wheel :sceptic:

I did say "...may have a solution..." didn't I? :grin:

Edited by Anonknee Muss

Honestly The Batman movie tie in sets are some of my favorites in years.

A clever cheap set with good motorcycle builds, plus two desirable minifigs - Great

A brilliant new Batmobile variant with an exclusive greatly detailed Penguin minifig - Awesome

A creative yet relatively modest version of the Batcave with 4 exclusive minifigs that won't break your wallet - Incredible

Not to mention all of them include not just an amazing Batman minifig, but also the Robert Pattinson head and hair pieces. I don't know about anyone else but I think this wave is pointed to a promising comeback for the DC theme in the future. All this plus the revamped Tumbler is really something considering these are the only "real" DC sets all year. If they can make what should be a whole wave of bland uninteresting Batman sets actually desirable just wait to see what else they have planned. :grin:

6 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

I may have a solution to that. The software was playing up but I think you get the gist. Once the front is angled down, the light tile should more or less be parallel to the ground but I couldn't say for sure as I was unable to test it properly.

https://ibb.co/mXYXwwD

Upon thinking about it, the pieces may clash with the wheel :sceptic:

I did say "...may have a solution..." didn't I? :grin:

A commendable effort, but the main goal I'm trying to maintain here is keeping the front sleek, and this was a little too bulky with all the pieces. I think I'm just going to stick with the idea of keeping the sticker, I'm starting to see why the set designer went that route instead of making it brick built when you look at the real thing:

EkPmjCfWkAAO1Qw.jpg

Edited by TheBatstan

13 hours ago, TheBatstan said:

If you slightly adjust the placing of the light it doesn't actually look bad, definitely way better than a 2D stickered light imo. Here are 3 builds with different variations to the main build of the bike's front: 

Screenshot_62.jpg

I really hoped for some GWP with UCS Tumbler, but looking on Australian lego web, there is no such promotion, and it is already on backorder.