Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

7 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Back on-topic: A picture of a few of the Series 22 CMFs has leaked, and the legs on the birdwatcher/researcher look perfect for Bruce's 'Drifter' costume. 

Glad I'm not the only one who instantly thought how perfect those legs would be for the Drifter minifigure. Now if there was just a flesh head that had black circles around the eyes, it'd be perfect.

And speaking of the head, at first glance I thought the Bruce Wayne head in all three sets was reusing the Tom Riddle head from this year's Chamber of Secrets set. But after remembering that these sets were supposed to come out this year, I'm pretty sure this head was originally intended to resemble Robert Pattinson instead of Christian Coulson (the guy who played Riddle in the movie). I might be reaching here, but that face is exclusive to the Chamber of Secrets set for now until The Batman sets are released, so it's definitely a new face print that was made recently.

I should be thankful that Lego didn't just decide to reuse the Solo Han Solo head here like they did with all the Cedric Diggory minifigures besides the CMF variant. Last time I checked, Alden Ehrenreich looks nothing like Pattinson.

14 minutes ago, TheBatstan said:

Glad I'm not the only one who instantly thought how perfect those legs would be for the Drifter minifigure. Now if there was just a flesh head that had black circles around the eyes, it'd be perfect.

Where are you guys seeing these? I checked the usual hashtag and I didn’t see anything. 

2 minutes ago, NeutralNoodle said:

Where are you guys seeing these? I checked the usual hashtag and I didn’t see anything. 

This one is really hidden, even the actual leaked picture has scribbles all over it to cover up the entire picture. I can send you the link to the post if you'd like.

2 hours ago, NeutralNoodle said:

Here: 

Just now, Classic_Spaceman said:

Just search #legoleak (it is also under #legoleaks, but it has been buried under irrelevant posts). 

3 hours ago, williejm said:

New squirrel mould leaked … could B’dg be on the way at last?

With a speculated Guy Gardner as well, could the Lanterns finally get a decent look in? Too many hopes being raised here. I want to be excited but I’m well aware of Lego’s history with DC and letdowns.

3 hours ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

Picked up my first DC set (76239) and I am so glad I did!

It's probably one of the best Batman sets so it's all downhill from here :laugh:

Jokes aside, there's always next year's sets.

8 hours ago, williejm said:

New squirrel mould leaked … could B’dg be on the way at last?

Probably for a City set, but like my good friend says: "If you have all the ingredients for Chicken Nuggets then nothing is stopping you from making Chicken Nuggets."

Just got finished building the new Tumbler set and the extra head for batman gave me a random thought. Has anyone tried the cowl on the Tom riddle/Pattinson head? Probably wishful thinking that the eyes might line up properly with it being included in every set 😂

1 hour ago, DaredevilFan said:

Just got finished building the new Tumbler set and the extra head for batman gave me a random thought. Has anyone tried the cowl on the Tom riddle/Pattinson head? Probably wishful thinking that the eyes might line up properly with it being included in every set 😂

The "eyes" you see when you put the cowl on the Demon Batman head are actually just 2 of the dots on his forehead, not it's actual eyes. The Tom Riddle/Pattinson head won't line up with the eye holes in the cowl as usual.

2 hours ago, DaredevilFan said:

Welcome to Eurobricks!

Out of curiosity, how would you all improve the 2022 Batman wave? It feels like the sets are so close to perfection but miss the mark. I would’ve liked the following:

1) A new cowl and armour mould for Batman. He’d have a dual printed head - one side with black makeup on the eyes for the cowl, and another being a regular Bruce Wayne face. A healthy dose of arm printing and dual moulded legs too, make him a definitive mini figure like Lego have done with Beskar Mando!

2) Replace Penguin’s slicked back hairpiece with the balding headpiece, and maybe have a different face print. He looks too…wrinkly as he is. 

3) Include a small side build in the Batmobile set, perhaps a stack of crates with some flame elements.

4) Replace Selina Kyle in the Batcave with one or more of the painted up goons Batman fights in the trailer. The wave is really lax on generic villain characters.

Man, I hope Lego gets the opportunity to revisit the Battinson figure one day, it’s probably my favourite live-action depiction of the character.

Edited by T21Typhoon

13 hours ago, T21Typhoon said:

3) Include a small side build in the Batmobile set, perhaps a stack of crates with some flame elements.

Honestly, if anything this would make the set worse, because it would either raise the price in exchange to some random stuff I'm not going to display, or reduce the piece count on the batmobile

15 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Honestly, if anything this would make the set worse, because it would either raise the price in exchange to some random stuff I'm not going to display, or reduce the piece count on the batmobile

I'd argue the Batmobile would benefit greatly from a reduced piececount. Don't get me wrong, it looks great, but it's windshield and height make it look obnoxiously large next to minifigures.

On 10/21/2021 at 6:37 AM, lego_guyon02 said:

I'd argue the Batmobile would benefit greatly from a reduced piececount. Don't get me wrong, it looks great, but it's windshield and height make it look obnoxiously large next to minifigures.

I think we’ll have to wait for reviews with images before making that decision. There just haven’t been any clear images of Batman next to the Batmobile, IMO. The Batman minifig appears to be standing a ways away in back of the Batmobile on the back side of the box. The minifig looks great inside of the Batmobile on the front side of the box, though. I’m very anxious to get my hands on the Batmobile next month to see for myself.

Edited by Moon_Knight

On 10/21/2021 at 5:37 AM, lego_guyon02 said:

In the past, I'd have agreed with you.  Now, I just say eh, it's Speed Champions scale.  It's established as just a different scale for Lego vehicles, and there are enough of them at that size now that it won't look out of place.

The Tumbler and the ‘66 Batmobile are out of stock *again*. Hopefully LEGO recognises this and addresses it next year if you know what I mean :wink:

So is Klarion still happening or is it possible Lego just mentions him for no reason and this all leads to nothing?

I’m really hoping the Batman Beyond theory proves true. I would love mini figures of Inque, Terry McGinnis, old man Bruce, and the Jokers Jokerz (Dee Dee, Woof, Bonk and Ghoul) along with the Batman Beyond figure himself. Naturally if he does appear he’ll just be treated like a suit variant in a juniors Batman vs Joker set, but I would love to see him made.

and on that note I feel like the first appearance Batman Cowl is the closest thing to the silhouette of Terry’s cowl, and really think a newer, longer, thin mould that just barely goes over the face (only to give that slight nose tip) should be made regardless, but if an existing mould is used, hope they go for the first appearance cmf mould and not the 2012 mould. But who knows maybe he’s not coming at all. 

And I may be the only person thinking this, but since there are two unknown Cmf Series on their way, am I truly the only one who thinks it could be DC series 3? I don’t see it as Harry Potter, I don’t think there’s enough designs or variants to justify a remaining cmf series, any unused designs would be best included in any upcoming sets. As for Marvel 2, Looney Tunes 2 or Muppets 2, its way too soon for that, and I could see a Disney Series 3 being made but again there’s 2 rumored unknown series so maybe we’ll get both? I’m not sure about the rest of the world but these sold very well in my area. Series one was popular in my local stores when it dropped. I know speculation is a bit negative for the sales of this cmf series 1, but I really do believe one of the unknown series this year is for DC. And I would really hope so! I hope they produce a greater quantity of obscure characters and choose strong variants for some expected inclusions (ex. Red Son Superman, Challenge of the Gods Wonder Woman, Batman Beyond). Feel free to disagree but I’d bet a good 10 bucks one of the missing cmf series is DC series 2. Guess we’ll wait and see.

11 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

The Tumbler and the ‘66 Batmobile are out of stock *again*. Hopefully LEGO recognises this and addresses it next year if you know what I mean :wink:

I'm feeling you there! I just secured the 66 Batmobile at retail price! It was sold out 2 hours later. 

Would love to see one of these with a Batman minifguare and a another minifguare for 2022.

Frank millers The Dark Knight with Robin 

Batman Forever w. The Riddle Jim Carey style. 

16 minutes ago, cosmic said:

So is Klarion still happening or is it possible Lego just mentions him for no reason and this all leads to nothing?

I’m really hoping the Batman Beyond theory proves true. I would love mini figures of Inque, Terry McGinnis, old man Bruce, and the Jokers Jokerz (Dee Dee, Woof, Bonk and Ghoul) along with the Batman Beyond figure himself. Naturally if he does appear he’ll just be treated like a suit variant in a juniors Batman vs Joker set, but I would love to see him made.

and on that note I feel like the first appearance Batman Cowl is the closest thing to the silhouette of Terry’s cowl, and really think a newer, longer, thin mould that just barely goes over the face (only to give that slight nose tip) should be made regardless, but if an existing mould is used, hope they go for the first appearance cmf mould and not the 2012 mould. But who knows maybe he’s not coming at all. 

And I may be the only person thinking this, but since there are two unknown Cmf Series on their way, am I truly the only one who thinks it could be DC series 3? I don’t see it as Harry Potter, I don’t think there’s enough designs or variants to justify a remaining cmf series, any unused designs would be best included in any upcoming sets. As for Marvel 2, Looney Tunes 2 or Muppets 2, its way too soon for that, and I could see a Disney Series 3 being made but again there’s 2 rumored unknown series so maybe we’ll get both? I’m not sure about the rest of the world but these sold very well in my area. Series one was popular in my local stores when it dropped. I know speculation is a bit negative for the sales of this cmf series 1, but I really do believe one of the unknown series this year is for DC. And I would really hope so! I hope they produce a greater quantity of obscure characters and choose strong variants for some expected inclusions (ex. Red Son Superman, Challenge of the Gods Wonder Woman, Batman Beyond). Feel free to disagree but I’d bet a good 10 bucks one of the missing cmf series is DC series 2. Guess we’ll wait and see.

Ita a long shot for DC cmf series 2.

Some people say it sold poorly some say it sold great. 

What I saw, it was selling. 

Hopeful!

3 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

I'm feeling you there! I just secured the 66 Batmobile at retail price! It was sold out 2 hours later. 

Would love to see one of these with a Batman minifguare and a another minifguare for 2022.

Frank millers The Dark Knight with Robin 

Batman Forever w. The Riddle Jim Carey style. 

Great... Now I want a Schwarzenegger Mr. Freeze minifigure :'D

To be honest I am a huge fan of the Nolan Trilogy, Arkham Videogames and a few other versions of Batman, but I am not the kind of expert that has a huge comic collection, knows all the movies and so on. What do you guys expect, if Lego goes on with giving us such neat little Batmobil sets? I'd love a Arkham Knight Batmobil including the Arkham Knight as a minifigure, but I doubt that could happen so many years after the game released ... and it isn't as popular as Sonic or Portal ^^'

Edited by Gorilla94

I thought I would keep buying these accurate lego batmobiles but if they're just going to keep releasing batman and one other figure in the sets... I"ll probably not get them. I have limited space as is

Hope to see that dc encyclopedia fig soon

I truly hope the Beyond rumor is true. 2022 could potentially give us so many new characters :wub: Klarion, Batman Beyond, Fate, Black Adam, DC CMF2? I want it all! :laugh:

1 hour ago, Micka said:

Do we have any information on Black Adam, Flash and Aquaman sets?

None yet. We will find out in January - March 2022 if there are any.