Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

18 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Finally I'm able to collect some thoughts after seeing the trailer

-Is it just me or there are some Darth Vader vibes here? The red lights over black and even the music reminded me of Darth Vader's theme

-I'm pretty sure the coffee with the question mark will become like a trend or something

-I feel like Alfred is a little bit too old for such a young Batman

-Colin Farrell should had looked like Colin Farrell. I still can't get over that. A Percival Graves-esque Peguin would have been perfect

That's odd because the age difference between Pattinson and Serkis is literally shorter than every single Batman and Alfred condo. Serkis is honestly too young to be alfred if you ask me

Sorry guys, the Batman Beyond situation is most likely a false alarm. I've just consulted the wayback machine and it turns out the trademark blurb was already there last October :shrug_oh_well:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

6 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Sorry guys, the Batman Beyond situation is most likely a false alarm. I've just consulted the wayback machine and it turns out the trademark blurb was already there last October :shrug_oh_well:

Still interesting that it’s listed there 

41 minutes ago, The Pearson said:

Soooooo, Batman Beyond is coming, I guess? 2022 is looking promising.

41 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

As @Ashnflash points out in his latest video, there’s a Batman Beyond trademark blurb in DC’s “about” section on s@h *huh* Not sure if this indicates potential sets, but if not, what is it doing there? And if it’s in reference to the videogames, I’d expect there to be some other names too

Edit: Ninja’d

Considering it doesn't look like Kalrion is coming in the book and the recent addition of Batman Beyond copyright info added on LEGO.com, maybe we should take this as confirmation of either an April or Summer wave. I say April because we got the 1966 Batmobile set in April of this year and we didn't know anything about it until close to the reveal/release.

6 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Still interesting that it’s listed there 

Oh for sure.

Considering how long it takes to design sets, could we still take it as a possibility of set(s) next year?

Also Alfred's torso in the 2022 Batcave has already appeared before but with yellow hands: 6219624.

19 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Also Alfred's torso in the 2022 Batcave has already appeared before but with yellow hands: 6219624.

Isnt the same torso JJJ has in the D2C bugle set too?

Oh man, if we're finally getting a Batman Beyond figure after all these years, it's going to be a monster hit in whatever set it comes in. Easily the most requested alternate Batsuit that people have been wanting as a minifigure. Continuing the Batmobile trend, maybe a Beyond Batmobile with someone like Blight as the villain of the set, or even the Beyond version of the Joker from the Return of The Joker movie?

23 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

And with flesh hands with the J. Jonah Jameson minifigure from the Bugle.

2 hours ago, The Pearson said:

Soooooo, Batman Beyond is coming, I guess? 2022 is looking promising.

Very promising! I would assume we get our first flying Batmobile.  

Characters I would like to see, 

Batman beyond 

Old man bruce Wayne 

Joker king

Joker 

Ace the bat hound 

Ah time will tell.

The Batman is coming 

Guys, don’t get too excited :tongue: I’m not trying to ruin it for you, but why would they mention that trademark on their website in 2020 for sets released in 2022?

I guess the LB3 DLC is why it’s included there. Perhaps there’s a legal reason the show has to be listed separately :shrug_oh_well:

2 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Guys, don’t get too excited :tongue: I’m not trying to ruin it for you, but why would they mention that trademark on their website in 2020 for sets released in 2022?

I guess the LB3 DLC is why it’s included there. Perhaps there’s a legal reason the show has to be listed separately :shrug_oh_well:

LB3 was 2014. DCSV was 2018 but Beyond wasn’t a playable character. Would they keep a license on holdlike that for seven years?

42 minutes ago, Lionbear8 said:

Very promising! I would assume we get our first flying Batmobile.  

Characters I would like to see, 

Batman beyond 

Old man bruce Wayne 

Joker king

Joker 

Ace the bat hound 

Ah time will tell.

The Batman is coming 

Okay, maybe I'm being pesimistic, but even if we do get a Batman Beyond minifigure it will probably be a regular Batman set vs the Joker's golf cart where Batman just happens to wear the beyond suit

31 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

It takes around 12-18 months for a set to be designed and released so it being in 2020 and releasing in 2022 wouldn’t be far out of the question.

I wouldn’t get too excited atm but I think it is certainly interesting as to why it’s there. I don’t know if the dark knight was added then too or not (that would be interesting to see) 

Also, Batman Beyond might have been planned to be released after The Batman wave. And because the movie was pushed back, the Batman Beyond set  (or theme) ended up being pushed as well

8 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

LB3 was 2014. DCSV was 2018 but Beyond wasn’t a playable character. Would they keep a license on holdlike that for seven years?

Hm, good point :classic: I didn’t realise LB3 was this old already *huh* And you’re right, Beyond was nowhere to be seen in DCSV

8 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

It takes around 12-18 months for a set to be designed and released so it being in 2020 and releasing in 2022 wouldn’t be far out of the question.

Another good point. Doesn’t explain why they added the trademark so early, but maybe someone slipped up and nobody has noticed until now :purrr:

8 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I don’t know if the dark knight was added then too or not (that would be interesting to see) 

The TDK trademark was included last October as well and the trademark section as a whole hasn’t been changed since then (and I can’t find an older version on the wayback machine, can’t reach the ‘about’ page from older snapshots of the main website for whatever reason) :shrug_oh_well:

4 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Also, Batman Beyond might have been planned to be released after The Batman wave. And because the movie was pushed back, the Batman Beyond set  (or theme) ended up being pushed as well

Yet another fair point. The delay may have caused whatever else they had initially planned for 2021 to get pushed back further.

Pretty hard to draw a conclusion here, Looks like we have to wait and see 

12 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Okay, maybe I'm being pesimistic, but even if we do get a Batman Beyond minifigure it will probably be a regular Batman set vs the Joker's golf cart where Batman just happens to wear the beyond suit

Think it's this or a cmf slot

Also I wonder if it's supposed to coincide with 10 years of lego dc

5 minutes ago, thephantasm said:

Think it's this or a cmf slot

Also I wonder if it's supposed to coincide with 10 years of lego dc

Now that you mention it...

There's no way an hipotetical Lego DC CMF Series 2 doesn't include Batman in any capacity.

So, just to have some fun, which variant or version or whatever of Batman (excluding Beyond, for obvious reasons) would you rather to get there?

1 hour ago, PGBQW said:

So, just to have some fun, which variant or version or whatever of Batman (excluding Beyond, for obvious reasons) would you rather to get there?

Beyond would've been my top pick, but after that, does Owlman count? If not then perhaps Clooney ( complete with nipples), Knight ( from Knight and Squire) or the Drowned ( I didn't enjoy dark knights metal but it was a cool design).

Can we just talk about how huge Shazam! Fury of The Gods LEGO set potential is? 

We've got Shazam + 5 members of the Shazam Family, 3 ancient goddesses, ancient warriors, Wizard as the characters.

Now the builds... Shazam Family lair, various ancient / mythological locations, a cyclop, a harpie, a manticore, and EVEN A LITERAL DRAGON.

Bruh, if LEGO doesn't make sets for this...

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

We've got Shazam + 5 members of the Shazam Family, 3 ancient goddesses, ancient warriors, Wizard as the characters.

Now the builds... Shazam Family lair, various ancient / mythological locations, a cyclop, a harpie, a manticore, and EVEN A LITERAL DRAGON.

I’m really stoked that they are tapping the mythological vein for the second film. If this and BA don’t get a second thought it’ll be a real shame.

The potential here and the talk of non-movie figures is dangerously raising my hopes.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Yeah, I think Shazam, Black Adam and Flash have the potential for more than one set each, since they have a plethora of heroes. It is hard to call them solo movies!

52 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

I’m really stoked that they are tapping the mythological vein for the second film. If this and BA don’t get a second thought it’ll be a real shame.

The potential here and the talk of non-movie figures is dangerously raising my hopes.

I absolutely dig how they are diving deep into the mythology. 

On 10/16/2021 at 8:45 PM, Robert8 said:

-Is it just me or there are some Darth Vader vibes here? The red lights over black and even the music reminded me of Darth Vader's theme

I see what you mean with regard to the music, but I felt more of an influence from John Wick (in the fights) and a bit from CA:TWS (at the end of the trailer: Clip). 

Back on-topic: A picture of a few of the Series 22 CMFs has leaked, and the legs on the birdwatcher/researcher look perfect for Bruce's 'Drifter' costume. 

Spoiler

ENoa5xVWkA0atWL-scaled-1.jpg

10 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Now that you mention it...

There's no way an hipotetical Lego DC CMF Series 2 doesn't include Batman in any capacity.

Batman's Justice Armour

justice___armored_batman__by_superman819