Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Dear god that new Flash costume looks awful :sick: He looks like he ran through someone's backyard during Christmas and is now all tangled up in Christmas lights :laugh_hard:

42 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Dear god that new Flash costume looks awful :sick: He looks like he ran through someone's backyard during Christmas and is now all tangled up in Christmas lights :laugh_hard:

Both of them look absolutely terrible

I love this suit tbh. Can't wait to see more of it.

The Flash teaser actually was the highlight of DC Fandome so far. I hope we get at least 2 sets.

Yes. The Flash costume looks like crap. Hope people will tell them and they'll fix it

4 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I love this suit tbh. Can't wait to see more of it.

Completely fine of course but I'd be very interested in hearing what you love about it. 

Wow, that's a really impressive trailer! Can't wait :excited:

Serkis looks great as Alfred, but the hairpiece they chose for the minifig is not the best fit :sceptic: That hairpiece rarely fits, actually :tongue:

The Batmobile build has REALLY grown on me, I actually live it now. Same goes for Batman minifig - it's still pretty mid tho, but definitely not terrible.

Ngl. I liked the first trailer way more, but I'm still very excited for the movie!

2 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Completely fine of course but I'd be very interested in hearing what you love about it. 

Colours. Structure (although we can't really see it that much in the trailer the close-up we got really slaps). Golden details. I am even one of those people who like the cowl. As for the lighting, I'll have to see more of it in action and while moving.

I like the new Flash suit, too. I like the homage to the New 52 suit with the speed lines. I think it'll look better to some when the CGI and color grading have been polished for the big screen.

Farrell channeling his inner de Niro Capone, I like it. Pattinson looks like he can hold his own, even with the floppy hair. That trailer makes me want to see this and buy the sets. 

Finally I'm able to collect some thoughts after seeing the trailer

-Is it just me or there are some Darth Vader vibes here? The red lights over black and even the music reminded me of Darth Vader's theme

-I'm pretty sure the coffee with the question mark will become like a trend or something

-I feel like Alfred is a little bit too old for such a young Batman

-Colin Farrell should had looked like Colin Farrell. I still can't get over that. A Percival Graves-esque Peguin would have been perfect

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The Batmobile build has REALLY grown on me, I actually live it now. Same goes for Batman minifig - it's still pretty mid tho, but definitely not terrible.

The Batman figure is more lazy than anything else (and that’s not generally a word I throw around). Put 2022 Batman next to this year’s minfigure-scaled Tumbler Batman and the differences are so minimal in terms of their overall look.

Ditto on the Batmobile, definitely my most anticipated set of the wave. That and the Batcave are Day 1 buys. 

My god, that trailer is all kinds of amazing.  Giacchino’s new Batman theme is brilliant, and that end shot of the Patmobile ramming the Penguin’s car is gorgeous. Can’t wait for these sets to drop.

17 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

I could honestly see us getting a D2C ‘66 Batmobile next year.

Either that or the Bat from dark knight rises! 

Oh yeah, that trailer was one of the greatest things I've ever seen. And it made the wait for the sets even more unbearable, especially since mine was put on Backorder (even though I pre-ordered). I really can't wait to get the Batmobile and properly modify it after seeing how much of a beast it was in the trailer. Though now I'm questioning even more why Lego didn't decide to give Penguin a car as well, considering they love making car chase sets.

What was also surprising was Lego not doing anything for FanDome this year. I really thought they'd have some exclusives again like with the CW Supergirl figure and the Wonder Woman diorama set from last year. 

2 hours ago, TheBatstan said:

Though now I'm questioning even more why Lego didn't decide to give Penguin a car as well, considering they love making car chase sets.

Because a Batmobile is enough. LEGO knows it will sell.

Also, it would bump up the price of the set, making less people care about it. Even people who aren't into LEGO will look at that 30€ beast Batmobile and buy it. If it was a 40-50€ car chase, it wouldn't look like such a great option to buy.

As @Ashnflash points out in his latest video, there’s a Batman Beyond trademark blurb in DC’s “about” section on s@h *huh* Not sure if this indicates potential sets, but if not, what is it doing there? And if it’s in reference to the videogames, I’d expect there to be some other names too

Edit: Ninja’d

Edited by BrickBob Studpants