Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Lego needs to step up their DC game.

Hopefully since the 1966 Batmobile and the Tumbler have both gone on back order relatively quickly, I think LEGO will re-realise the potential of this theme; although it may become Batman centric/only and an occasional Shazam-esque shoehorn here and there.

22 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

And Surely we get at least 1 set for Black Adam!

More like Batman and Dr Fate teaming up to stop Black Adam's van

8 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

We thought the same about Shazam!, but here we are...

I think The Flash has at least 1 set guaranteed. With all the Batman stuff going on in the movie, I wouldn't be surprised if we got a whole wave for this movie (and I hope we do).

As for Black Adam, it's going to be a HUGE hit. The Rock in a DC movie releasing in Summer? That just screams 1B+. I hope we get at least one set. Lego needs to step up their DC game.

The Rock should have a huge impact,  along  with the other hero's in the movie. 

1 hour ago, scottypavarotti said:

Hell... I'd buy that.

Me too lol! give me a bat scooter and I'll get it!

Always love some obscure vehicle designs! Feels like spiderman took all the spots this year!

Need a proper Bat Monster Bat vehicle. He had one in the comics! 

I also can see them doing a another mech, as that's what Lego Marvel only releases. 

46 minutes ago, Lionbear8 said:

Always love some obscure vehicle designs! Feels like spiderman took all the spots this year!

Need a proper Bat Monster Bat vehicle. He had one in the comics!

crop2_death-metal-21.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

47 minutes ago, Lionbear8 said:

I also can see them doing a another mech, as that's what Lego Marvel only releases. 

I am disappointed Marvel is getting all the mechs although they do look like they all follow a formula - bland-ish.

08bb7b48985630d7591d2658b00e0f72.png&f=1e877d7bf095a9fcce85293023ae8c9a67c00c680

Enough said really.

3 hours ago, scottypavarotti said:

Hell... I'd buy that.

So would I - I'd buying anything with Dr. Fate in. Especially if the design was similar to the one used in the DCAU.

Built the Tumbler. I gotta say, it's a pretty amazing set.

The minifigs are great, I really like both of them.

The build is so awesome tho. I love the techniques they've used, and it turned out great.

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The build is so awesome tho. I love the techniques they've used, and it turned out great.

Isn't it just?! I had no idea it used the speed champions chassis. It works so well.

I love that it is a 2 seater too!

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Couldn’t agree more :sweet: It’s not only the best DC set in ages, but also one of my favourites of the entire year across all themes :thumbup: I hope they release more sets from the TDK trilogy in that style

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Couldn’t agree more :sweet: It’s not only the best DC set in ages, but also one of my favourites of the entire year across all themes :thumbup: I hope they release more sets from the TDK trilogy in that style

Same. Rarely do I like the build more than the minifigs. I think minifigs are great, but the Tumbler is simply amazing.

Quick thoughts on each set: 

Batcycle - no word can properly describe what I feel about this set, it looks awful. Selina looks pretty good but with Batman being a repeat you might as well just buy her on Bricklink. 
Batmobile - man LEGO really screwed up on the boxart, my first impression really wasn't good :tongue: But looking at it without the power blast pieces it actually looks great, also love the Penguin fig.
Batcave - simply incredible, I really like it. 

Overall this is a pretty damn solid wave but with 2022 looking to be incredibly expensive as is I definitely won't get any of these day 1. Hopefully the Batmobile and Batcave will fit in my budget. 

EDIT: Selina is in the Batcave too so there's literally no point to buying that godawful Batcycle set :grin:

Edited by lego_guyon02

Batman desperately needed a new cowl, but other than that these are pretty great. The batcycle is pretty odd looking tho.

18 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Batmobile - man LEGO really screwed up on the boxart, my first impression really wasn't good :tongue:

My thoughts exactly. The box art looks horrible. The Batmobile actually looks really great in the additional images. Love that it’s eight studs wide.

5 minutes ago, Surge said:

Batman desperately needed a new cowl, but other than that these are pretty great. The batcycle is pretty odd looking tho.

I’m so friggin sick of this cowl. :wacko: I couldn’t agree more. I personally think the short horned cowl looks much better for Battinson. I probably go with that one.

I don’t think these sets are bad but I’m not in love. I’m sure the Batmobile will continue to grow on me and looks like it’ll be easy to tweak and customize.

I don’t hate the cycle chase set but it’s really an unnecessary set if you’re getting the batcave.

Were these sets not supposed to come out Jan 1st, or am I just remembering it wrong?

1 minute ago, Surge said:

Were these sets not supposed to come out Jan 1st, or am I just remembering it wrong?

They are, that’s what it says on s@h :classic:

I really like the look of these sets and the new faceprints we’re getting :thumbup: Gordon’s is particularly spot-on and definitely ressembles Jeffrey Wright! Serkis’ Alfred is not how I expected him to appear, so now I’m excited to see what he looks like in the film :excited:

4 minutes ago, Surge said:

They are, S@H lists them as such.

Looks like the release date is November 1st for those in the US, S@H has enabled pre-orders. 

As pointless as the smallest set now feels, I do appreciate the brick-built approach towards both motorcycles. But man, a new cowl and armour piece would have elevated that Batman figure. The same old cowl mould has been in use for so long now, and I can’t help feeling quite disappointed.

Also, is that the Cedric Diggory face being used for Bruce Wayne? Smart :laugh: It’s nice to get that additional head in every set.

3 minutes ago, T21Typhoon said:

Looks like the release date is November 1st for those in the US, S@H has enabled pre-orders.

Was about to say the same. Says,

Pre-order this item today, it will ship from November 1, 2021

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Bruh, why are those sets releasing 2 months earlier in the US? What the hell Lego :angry:

Looks like the US is getting the DC sets early while Europe got the Marvel sets early. Fair trade. :tongue:

8 minutes ago, T21Typhoon said:

Also, is that the Cedric Diggory face being used for Bruce Wayne? Smart :laugh: It’s nice to get that additional head in every set.

Nope, it's the Tom Riddle head.