Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

6 hours ago, T21Typhoon said:

Do you guys think Patman* will get a new cowl piece? Both cowl moulds we currently have really don’t fit the new costume’s look. I’d love if we got a new shoulder armour piece as well given how armoured up this Batman is.

He should get a new mold but knowing LEGO he probably won't get one.

7 hours ago, T21Typhoon said:

Do you guys think Patman* will get a new cowl piece? Both cowl moulds we currently have really don’t fit the new costume’s look. I’d love if we got a new shoulder armour piece as well given how armoured up this Batman is.

Really excited to see these sets!

*Pattinson Batman :laugh:

He definitely should, as his cowl is so much different from the ones Lego has. But will he? Only time will tell. Lego is unpredictable. 

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

He definitely should, as his cowl is so much different from the ones Lego has. But will he? Only time will tell. Lego is unpredictable. 

I think they may default to the Batfleck cowl from BvS. It isn't a horrible alternative and even though this batman doesn't have stubby ears, I think it could look nice with this design 

Wait for Battinson to get a new mouldpiece that's even more inaccurate than the ones we already have

12 hours ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

Someone has posted new large (UCS) tumbler unboxing

And now it's gone! Looks like a day 1 buy! 

Looks like we're getting a new DC Encyclopedia next year with an exclusive minifigure, hopefully it's going to be an actual important character this time and not a silly variant like Pirate Batman. 

Edited by TheBatstan

Source? That's a left field choice. His hair is usually pretty distinctive too so I don't know if there is a good mold for it....

(also inb4 someone asks why we would get Klarion before Zatanna. Because why on earth would we get Klarion before Zatanna. But still I'll take him gladly. :P )

On 9/3/2021 at 7:39 PM, TheBatstan said:

Also I feel like they included her because of the Birds of Prey movie that came out at the same time this series was out.

I saw that! I’m sooooooo pumped for him and, presumably, Teekl, too!!!!!!

So...klarion

Um why him first

Would it be foolish to think that he is part of a dc cmf 2

Edited by thephantasm

14 minutes ago, thephantasm said:

So...klarion

Um why him first

Would it be foolish to think that he is part of a dc cmf 2

If he was a part of a DC CMF Series 2, there’s no way we’d be hearing about it yet. The first two series next year are Series 22 and The Muppets, so a potential DC Series 2 wouldn’t come until 2HY of 2022 at the earliest. 

And honestly, I don’t think we’ll get a DC Series 2 for a while, so I wouldn’t count on it personally.

Edited by The Stud

Huh, Klarion isn't the first choice that I would've thought of for an exclusive figure, but it isn't a stupid Batman suit variant so I'll take it. I don't know much about the character besides his appearances in Young Justice, and in the show he was primarily up against Doctor Fate like in his debut episode where he wanted the Helmet of Fate.

With Fate appearing next year in the Black Adam movie, maybe that's why they chose Klarion as the figure here to compliment the Fate minifigure that we could get next year (whether that be a comic or movie version).

2 hours ago, TheBatstan said:

Huh, Klarion isn't the first choice that I would've thought of for an exclusive figure, but it isn't a stupid Batman suit variant so I'll take it. I don't know much about the character besides his appearances in Young Justice, and in the show he was primarily up against Doctor Fate like in his debut episode where he wanted the Helmet of Fate.

With Fate appearing next year in the Black Adam movie, maybe that's why they chose Klarion as the figure here to compliment the Fate minifigure that we could get next year (whether that be a comic or movie version).

He first appeared in The Demon #7, Etrigan’s first run by Jack Kirby in the 1970s. He has a cat familiar called Teekl, and he’s been in several story events in minor roles. I’m genuinely surprised by his inclusion.

I’m tempted to ask what the point of updating the character encyclopaedia is, given Lego’s hesitance to give us more. Either they keep it the same length and squeeze the content, or add another double page and spread everything out. Or they are actually going to do something wild like expand the theme and put out more figures.

4 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Another Batman variant would be amazing!

No complaints here! Need more suits and obscure vehicles!

With 4 CMFs next year, if there is a DC series 2 we don't know the frequency of the releases though I think its safe to assume the 2 after the muppets will be 2HY. Klarion could just be in a set next year before the books released, its not guaranteed to be the exclusive figure.

The books description says (at least according to Instagram)

"Expand your LEGO DC knowledge with fact files on all your favourite minifigures plus the most obscure characters, including Bronze Tiger and Klarion the Witch Boy"

Okay, asuming

ASUMING that Klarion is, in fact, coming in an upcoming set/CMF instead of the book (which is already a big if) what Hero could we get to go against him? Can you guys see Lego doing Ethrigan? Maybe Zatanna?

Edited by PGBQW

3 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Okay, asuming

ASUMING that Klarion is, in fact, coming in an upcoming set/CMF instead of the book (which is already a big if) what Hero could we get to go against him? Can you guys see Lego doing Ethrigan? Maybe Zatanna?

I’ve got to say that including him with the book is a weird choice, properly out of left field. But if it’s a set it should by rights be Etrigan. Having said that any JLD character would be cool. I just wonder if they are finally dipping into the Young Justice roster.

Hmmm

Wouldnt Klarion need a new hairpiece? 

What would be the point of releasing the character without his trademarked hairstyle

Edited by Robert8

37 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Hmmm

Wouldnt Klarion need a new hairpiece? 

What would be the point of releasing the character without his trademarked hairstyle

Just to play devil's advocate, IF, Klarion is in fact in the book, maybe the hairpiece if first introduced in the 22th CMF?