Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

25 minutes ago, thephantasm said:

A little sad that the first licensed cmf for next year will not be dc comics

It's been a sad 2 years! Need more sets!. I'm assuming we will hear about the potential rumour sets in the next week or two for early 22. 

5 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

It's been a sad 2 years! Need more sets!. I'm assuming we will hear about the potential rumour sets in the next week or two for early 22. 

That's if the "The Batman" sets aren't hogging the limelight for the first half.

23 hours ago, thephantasm said:

A little sad that the first licensed cmf for next year will not be dc comics

Why is it sad? It's not sad, they have various licensed themes and new themes they'd also like to represent. DC just may not be their top priority, or maybe it simply did not sell well enough to guarantee a 2nd series anytime soon.

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Why is it sad? It's not sad, they have various licensed themes and new themes they'd also like to represent. DC just may not be their top priority, or maybe it simply did not sell well enough to guarantee a 2nd series anytime soon.

Sad for me

While it's nice to see that DC will also be getting the Art treatment with those giant mosaic sets, I wouldn't mind getting some descriptions or even set names for The Batman sets at this point considering it's been happening for the other big themes lately like Star Wars and City for their January 2022 sets.

Edited by TheBatstan

I'm hoping for BAS Joker. Something like this

Batman The Animated Series Had The Best Joker - YouTube

(I mean the card)

And if it comes with a BAS Joker minifigure would be *chef kiss¨*

Edited by Robert8

4 hours ago, TheBatstan said:

While it's nice to see that DC will also be getting the Art treatment with those giant mosaic sets, I wouldn't mind getting some descriptions or even set names for The Batman sets at this point considering it's been happening for the other big themes lately like Star Wars and City.

I am waiting for said information to be made public too.

On 9/15/2021 at 4:25 AM, Anonknee Muss said:

That's if the "The Batman" sets aren't hogging the limelight for the first half.

Nothing wrong with that! 

10 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I'm hoping for BAS Joker. Something like this

(I mean the card)

And if it comes with a BAS Joker minifigure would be *chef kiss¨*

I'd be down if they used the same design for B:TAS Joker that they used in the DC Super Villains DLC:

joker-dc-super-villains

I don't mind the focus of next year being on The Batman, though. I'm really looking forward to that movie. I'm probably one of the very few that doesn't mind another iteration of the Batmobile in Lego form.

33 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

I'm probably one of the very few that doesn't mind another iteration of the Batmobile in Lego form.

I think at least 90% of us are going to buy the reevesmobile

1 hour ago, Moon_Knight said:

I don't mind the focus of next year being on The Batman, though. I'm really looking forward to that movie. I'm probably one of the very few that doesn't mind another iteration of the Batmobile in Lego form.

I’m in the same boat as you. I enjoy all the Bat-Sets.

4 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

Nothing wrong with that! 

It is, since there are only 3 TB sets coming out, I’d like to see a few more sets than 3 in the first half but I am sure that will happen.

5 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

I’m in the same boat as you. I enjoy all the Bat-Sets.

It is, since there are only 3 TB sets coming out, I’d like to see a few more sets than 3 in the first half but I am sure that will happen.

Likewise,  potentially they will release comic based sets, Batman themed using DC characters outside of Gotham.  

It should be better then this year!

2 hours ago, thephantasm said:

I think at least 90% of us are going to buy the reevesmobile

You’re probably right. Most of us are hardcore fans on here but I’ve also seen plenty of “oh no, not another bat vehicle” on here, too.

35 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

You’re probably right. Most of us are hardcore fans on here but I’ve also seen plenty of “oh no, not another bat vehicle” on here, too.

I'd argue there's a pretty big difference between the next big blockbuster Bat-vehicles and some random crap LEGO pulled out of thin air and has already done a million times.

5 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

I'd argue there's a pretty big difference between the next big blockbuster Bat-vehicles and some random crap LEGO pulled out of thin air and has already done a million times.

I see your point but I haven't minded the most recent models. I think the armored bat vehicle in 76159 is a great design and my boy has spent endless hours playing with the Mobile Bat Base - 76160. While I'd love to see more Justice League sets, I don't mind the continuous iterations of batwings, batmobiles, batcopters and batboats. I understand their purpose and my boy loves them. 

On 9/16/2021 at 10:25 AM, Moon_Knight said:

I don't think that's the problem. The problem is that in the last year's Lego DC consisted mainly of random, made-up Batman vehicles.

But look at this year - I don't think anyone complained about an affordable 1966 Batmobile, or a 40€ version of the Tumbler (especially the latter got a LOT of love).

The same way I don't think anyone's gonna complain about Reeves' Batmobile.

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I don't think that's the problem. The problem is that in the last year's Lego DC consisted mainly of random, made-up Batman vehicles.

But look at this year - I don't think anyone complained about an affordable 1966 Batmobile, or a 40€ version of the Tumbler (especially the latter got a LOT of love).

The same way I don't think anyone's gonna complain about Reeves' Batmobile.

I'm not saying there's a "problem". I'm just saying that bat vehicles tend to be poorly accepted among the adult fan community because that community would prefer Blue Beetle's Bug, the Hall of Justice or even the Flash's cosmic treadmill over another bat vehicle. And I'm not saying I wouldn't agree with them, all of those would be great (even a cosmic treadmill), but the "made-up" bat vehicles are designed for the younger fans. My six year old son has no desire to get the 66 Batmobile or Tumbler but he's still crazy about his Mobile Bat Base and Scuttler sets. I just think we tend to forget sometimes that Lego is designed for people of all ages to play with, especially the DC/Batman theme.

Edited by Moon_Knight

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD WE GOT THE BATMAN SET LEAKS (VAGUE DESCRIPTIONS ACTUALLY) *oh2*

76179 Bike Chase (15€): Batman and Catwoman

76181 Batmobile Chase (40€): Batman, Jim Gordon and Penguin

76183 Batcave (70€): Batman, Bruce Wayne, Alfred and Riddler

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

8 minutes ago, thephantasm said:

No surprises here, looking forward to pics

Yeah, looks like most people's guesses were accurate.

For those who haven't seen yet:

The Batman (2022) set list:

• 76179: Bike Chase: $14.99
  • 76181 Batmobile: $39.99
  • 76183 Batcave: $69.99

Names of sets aren't 100% official.

Edited by Moon_Knight

Looking forward to see the sets.

I wonder about the Batcave. In the trailer, it didn't look like there was a whole lot down there

11 minutes ago, thephantasm said:

No surprises here, looking forward to pics

Side note: I can't wait to see what ridiculous build they give riddler in the cave set lmao