Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

4 hours ago, thephantasm said:

I hope lego makes the batpod. I couldn't figure out how to incorporate the rotating mechanism without the build becoming unstable 

Minifguare bat Pod is well overdue! 

More sets in general from the Dark Knight Trilogy would be great!

Next year will be a defining year for DC.

Moves plus anniversary.  

I've lost track how many times I've said that on different social media platforms! 

Definitely getting the smaller Tumbler, but I have the 2014 D2C Tumbler and this one doesn’t add enough for me to get it so I’ll just get the two figures and call it a day. But definitely getting that smaller one!

14 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

Minifguare bat Pod is well overdue! 

More sets in general from the Dark Knight Trilogy would be great!

Next year will be a defining year for DC.

Moves plus anniversary.  

I've lost track how many times I've said that on different social media platforms! 

Exactly, if DC gets hardly any sets then it might be time to write off this theme and that’s coming from optimistic Anonknee over here.

2 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Exactly, if DC gets hardly any sets then it might be time to write off this theme and that’s coming from optimistic Anonknee over here.

Yes every year feels like the last straw, if this year doesn’t change pace I’ll view this theme how I viewed the Spongebob theme in 2010. Counting its days

So long as the upcoming movies are pg-13 or lower, we have a good chance of the dc line getting bigger. I’d say a lot of it depends on The Batman’s success to keep the DC line afloat (at least as they are doing now where it’s Batman centric) cuz if that movie does poorly then oof. Then it’s up to movies like the flash and Black Adam with more diverse characters to do well enough and have enough cool stuff for lego to use to make kids want sets with those characters. Honestly I just want Black Adam and Doctor Fate minifigs so I’m hoping the Black Adam movie can deliver some good sets and not just a generic comic set with Batman and Black Adam, as I fear we would only get Black Adam and nothing in the set itself would be new or unique (just generic bat vehicles). So here’s to a better, less Batman centric (except for movie sets) 2022

9 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Look they won't cancel Batman under Lego, they will just keep releasing adult and junior based sets, and you're standard vehilces,  which I don't have a problem,  but next year is prime if they want to expand into other DC characters.

If there is one path I would like DC to take,  it's that of the latest release of Harry Potter sets. 

The theme just keeps getting better. 

All D2C have been different, new line of moment sets, build able minifguares.

Love it. 

And an art set, that's the one I'm hoping for Batman next year.  

The D2C Tumbler is pretty cool. I'm going to pass on it due to cost and space. I will try and get the Batman and Joker figures depending on their BrickLink prices. I will say, I wish that Batman had a different face print, as I don't particularly like the 2012 face print. The 2014 TDK Batman had a nice print that looked closer to Christian Bale under the mask (as close as a Batman figure can get to looking like the actor with the mask on). I might stomach the cost and purchase that older head for the new figure.

I'm absolutely going to get the minifigure scale Tumbler. Looks great, and the cost isn't terrible, and both figures are really nice.

Edited by Henry Bricklider
Grammar, additional comments

On 9/5/2021 at 5:57 AM, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Definitely getting the smaller Tumbler, but I have the 2014 D2C Tumbler and this one doesn’t add enough for me to get it so I’ll just get the two figures and call it a day. But definitely getting that smaller one!

2 hours ago, Henry Bricklider said:

The D2C Tumbler is pretty cool. I'm going to pass on it due to cost and space. I will try and get the Batman and Joker figures depending on their BrickLink prices. I will say, I wish that Batman had a different face print, as I don't particularly like the 2012 face print. The 2014 TDK Batman had a nice print that looked closer to Christian Bale under the mask (as close as a Batman figure can get to looking like the actor with the mask on). I might stomach the cost and purchase that older head for the new figure.

I'm absolutely going to get the minifigure scale Tumbler. Looks great, and the cost isn't terrible, and both figures are really nice.

Going to do the same. Hopefully the minifigures don't cost an arm and a leg...

2 hours ago, Moon_Knight said:

Going to do the same. Hopefully the minifigures don't cost an arm and a leg...

I suspect the figures from the 2014 Tumbler are going to take a tumble (:tongue:) in value, so they might be an option for those looking to save. I can imagine people that had the 2014 Joker on their wanted lists looking for the new one instead.

7 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

I suspect the figures from the 2014 Tumbler are going to take a tumble (:tongue:) in value, so they might be an option for those looking to save. I can imagine people that had the 2014 Joker on their wanted lists looking for the new one instead.

Maybe I'll just bank on that happening :laugh: I think I prefer the 2014 Batman figure to the D2C Tumbler one, and I'll take either Joker.

Considering the response I've seen on social media, I'd say the BB Scarecrow will be very expensive as well in a few years

(Although I doubt he'll be as expensive as Joker)

18 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Considering the response I've seen on social media, I'd say the BB Scarecrow will be very expensive as well in a few years

(Although I doubt he'll be as expensive as Joker)

He comes in a smaller set, so should stay cheaper than Joker, but yes, might rise in value in a few years.

13 hours ago, BrickHat said:

Honestly I don't think the 2014 joker will lose that much value. It's his iconic purple suit. I would love to be wrong so I can get it.

Currently it's being sold for 100 Singapore dollars lol 🥲

Edited by thephantasm

1 hour ago, thephantasm said:

Currently it's being sold for 100 Singapore dollars lol 🥲

Well, two out the three „cheapest“ offers currently on bricklink are located in Singapore, so at least you‘d save a bit on shipping :grin:

6 hours ago, thephantasm said:

Honestly I don't think the 2014 joker will lose that much value. It's his iconic purple suit. I would love to be wrong so I can get it.

That's fair. Predicting minifig prices isn't an exact science. Here's hoping he drops in value for you! :classic:

I never considered getting a tumbler, but this 40€ one is amazing! Will get it day 1 for sure. But it begs the question: Will TLG make any more minifigs from the "Dark Knight Trilogy"? I would love it if a few could turn up in the next DC CMF series. Imagine Bane, Catwoman, Ra's Al-Ghul, Gordon, Two-face, Joker and Scarecrow (despite them being in these new sets) with the detail and attention of the new Marvel CMF figures. If not, the fact that they've made these new tumblers, as well as legacy MCU sets, could perhaps mean that we may see more minifig-scale TDK sets down the line? With Batman being as popular as he is, why not make more stuff from Nolans Batverse? Heck, I'd love to see more sets from the 1989 movie too.

5 hours ago, snoozle said:

I never considered getting a tumbler, but this 40€ one is amazing! Will get it day 1 for sure. But it begs the question: Will TLG make any more minifigs from the "Dark Knight Trilogy"? I would love it if a few could turn up in the next DC CMF series. Imagine Bane, Catwoman, Ra's Al-Ghul, Gordon, Two-face, Joker and Scarecrow (despite them being in these new sets) with the detail and attention of the new Marvel CMF figures. If not, the fact that they've made these new tumblers, as well as legacy MCU sets, could perhaps mean that we may see more minifig-scale TDK sets down the line? With Batman being as popular as he is, why not make more stuff from Nolans Batverse? Heck, I'd love to see more sets from the 1989 movie too.

I'd love to see more, I think the issue is that there's not a ton of feasible sets.  We could definitely get a remade version of The Bat, which would be a good opportunity to get Blake and Bane.  The Bat Pod would also be a great set (I think it'd be awesome to get it based off of the scene from TDK where they capture Joker the first time, maybe include the police van or the semi truck, and then also include Joker, Gordon, and Harvey Dent).  Beyond that, the only other real vehicles that have prominent screen time are the camo Tumblers from TDKR and some random cop cars and stuff.  There's also not a ton of opportunity for any real location-based stuff.

You've also got the problem that most of the first film revolves around the drug trade/the mafia, the second film revolves a lot around organized crime and terrorism, and the third film relies a lot on terrorism and a bomb.  While stuff with vehicles is easy to do because it's easier to not tie it to a specific scene, but when you make a location based set, it tends to be tied in a lot more to a specific scene.  There's definitely some fight scenes that would work okay as sets (maybe Batman vs. Joker at the end of TDK), but there's also scenes that might be tougher because they deal with subjects that Lego definitely doesn't want to deal with, even if it's just a movie and clearly not condoning them.

The box is bigger than I thought it would be, but this review just made the wait for my pre-order to ship even more agonizing.