Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

30 minutes ago, jonwil said:

Which of the parts of that figure are new?

Everything except the hairpiece :wink: Well, maybe that one’s new too, hard to tell with these pictures. The old one was green and I think the new one could be bright green, judging by the lifestyle pictures

10 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Was joker even in BVS?

I would do the Lego joker! He wasn't, but his part of that universe,  they would advertise BVS over SS.

Definitely buying the smaller Tumbler. Minifigures look great and the set itself looks amazing! Hopefully there's plenty of stock available because I imagine this one is going to sell out even faster than the 60's Batmobile did.

If they made a Batmobile based on Batman v Superman, the only logical addition to Batman minifig would be Superman, not Joker.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

14 minutes ago, wesker said:

Definitely buying the smaller Tumbler. Minifigures look great and the set itself looks amazing! Hopefully there's plenty of stock available because I imagine this one is going to sell out even faster than the 60's Batmobile did.

Yeah. I think I will need to look at a day one purchase on that one. I never even saw the '66 Batmobile on sale here. As far as I have seen it has been temporarily out of stock since release. Still hoping that they actually produce that in quantities that mean I can get one. I assume some Australians got one but wouldn't bet on it.

The UCS Tumbler I will wait for 20% off at a retailer. If it does that I will get one, if not I won't. Have the old one so not overly concerned about it.

Mmm I really like the detailing on the second tumbler, and as others have mentioned, the interior space

Wouldn't buy a bvs batmobile remaster if they don't change the colour

Maybe for lego batman or dc's anniversary, lego could finally make a minifig scale set with ledger joker? 

If cmf bags don´t count (I still can´t believe how gorgeous some of the Looney Toons are) the minifig tumbler is my favourite set of the year. It is beautifull to a degree that makes me buy it even with the use of stickers.

Does anyone know a good custom printer who does metal colours on curved pieces? The tumbler is worth the effort of making the grafics.

Do I see it correctly that the Joker has a white head now?

Edited by Gorilla94

1 hour ago, thephantasm said:

Wouldn't buy a bvs batmobile remaster if they don't change the colour

Maybe for lego batman or dc's anniversary, lego could finally make a minifig scale set with ledger joker? 

They'll want to keep Ledger's Joker variants exclusive to the 2 D2Cs.

Also the box art is the rooftop chase lol

6 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

And probably forever lmao

I wouldn't say forever, they can put ledger in a set maybe when this set retires

Edited by thephantasm

The sets are live on Shop@Home :oh: You cannot pre-order them yet, but they are there.

I hate how unceremoniously Lego reveals Super Heroes sets. When they revealed this Barcelona Stadium set, they made a whole introduction video, and properly dropped it on the social medias. But when it comes to Super Heroes, they just randomly drop them on Shop@Home. 

1 hour ago, thephantasm said:

Also the box art is the rooftop chase lol

I wouldn't say forever, they can put ledger in a set maybe when this set retires

Lol no they won't, same as they made the 2014 Joker exclusive to that set. Now they are making a remake of this set, so it's logical they had to include him. But it's very clear they want this version of Joker to stay in a D2C set.

The only Joker variant from this movie left is the Nurse Joker, but they won't make a set based on a scene where a hospital is blown.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The sets are live on Shop@Home :oh: You cannot pre-order them yet, but they are there.

Looks like you can pre-order them now!

Edit: In the US, anyways 

Edited by McMurder_them_softly

8 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

After letting the pictures sink in for a while I think this smaller Tumbler is incredibly well designed and comes with some great figures, though Gordon or Ra's definitely should've been included because just 2 figures in a $40 set is kinda ridiculous. Not sure if I'll pick it up yet as 2022 is going to be ridiculously expensive but if there's any budget left I'll definitely get this set.

Forgive me for prying, but what gives you the impression 2022 is going to be "ridiculously expensive"? That changes the budget for this year if it's true... I've seen limited rumors on next year's sets but can't recall anything that would break the bank.

Not big on the D2C Tumbler. It honestly looks a little worse than the 2014 model when I look at them side by side.However, the minifigure scale one is a must-have for me. I've been waiting forever for an official model like that.

What got me thinking is that these images dropped right as Lego announced that they are beginning to rerelease sets in new colors (the Creator dinosaurs and the Fiat). Wouldn't a great use of this practice be to rerelease these sets as camo Tumblers? They could even swap out Batman for his TDKR suit and Scarecrow/Joker for Bane or even Lucius Fox.

Still surprised that there hasn't been a D2C 1966 Batmobile, I would have thought that would be an obvious choice even before the 1989 vehicles. Guess we'll wait and see on that one. WIth how many variations of the Batmobile there are throughout media, this could easily become a long-running annual tradition.

As others have mentioned, the BvS Batmobile would be great as I'm personally a big fan of the design but I'm not sure how popular it is in the grand scheme of things. Extra enticing if they included alternate parts to build on the guns so that it could be swapped between the Justice League and BvS versions. As far as what minifigures would be included, I think Batman and Jeremy Irons's Alfred would make a good pair.

9 hours ago, TheBatstan said:

No, the head is the same one that's been used since the DC line started in 2012 and the torso has slightly different details than the 2014 Tumbler version. 

Oh good that means my one will hold its value lol 

7 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

If they made a Batmobile based on Batman v Superman, the only logical addition to Batman minifig would be Superman, not Joker.

They would either do Superman and Wonder Woman or Joker and Deadshot.

15 minutes ago, Stonks Market said:

They would either do Superman and Wonder Woman or Joker and Deadshot.

They include only 2 minifigs in Batmobiles tho.

3 hours ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

Forgive me for prying, but what gives you the impression 2022 is going to be "ridiculously expensive"?

Just based on the themes I'm particularly interested in, not specifically DC. Jurassic World is getting a new movie which always get big waves, Marvel has 4 films and a handful of shows coming out, The Batman is getting sets and Harry Potter will maybe have something interesting to offer. That's bound to get really expensive real fast.

50 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

They include only 2 minifigs in Batmobiles tho.

Not really? Both 89 D2Cs had 3 minifigs

17 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Not really? Both 89 D2Cs had 3 minifigs

Oh sorry, I thought they were talking about a system scale Batmobile, not a D2C one :grin:

2 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Just based on the themes I'm particularly interested in, not specifically DC. Jurassic World is getting a new movie which always get big waves, Marvel has 4 films and a handful of shows coming out, The Batman is getting sets and Harry Potter will maybe have something interesting to offer. That's bound to get really expensive real fast.

Fair enough. This year will be the first in a bit that I've added anything DC, and in addition to the AT-AT and possibly the Titanic, my budget might be full for next year before 2022 even starts!

Well, I'm certainly not saying anything that hasn't already been said, but the $40 Tumbler is everything I was hoping for and more.  To be honest, I just wanted something larger than the 2012 version.  I never bought the 2008 version and secondary market prices are bananas for that thing, and the 2012 set never really appealed to me.  This set is pretty much perfect.  Minifigures are even better than I thought (to be honest, I thought there was no way they included anyone other than Joker or maybe Bane, since people tend to pretty much only remember those two as villains from the trilogy), the scale looks great, and the actual functionality of the model looks amazing too.  I'd love a third figure (Ra's Al Ghul or Rachel would've been icing on the cake), but I was expecting two, so this is fine by me.  While those figures would've been nice, there isn't really anyone that would've given the set a ton more playability, and frankly those figures aren't super exciting, especially for kids.

I was never planning on getting the D2C one, and I don't own any vehicles at that scale, so my perception of what's good and bad with the giant stuff isn't great, but the set looks good overall.  Definitely nice for those that missed the original one.