Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

I like the smaller one, what do we think It'll cost?

2 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

D2C BVS Batmoble with you guess it Joker and Batman 

I don't think the movie or it's batmoblie are iconic or loved enough for it to be a likely next choice, I think even a The Animated series batmoblie is more likely and I know it's Joker would make for a much more desirable figure than Leto's attempt at the character.

Wow, that set is surprisingly incredible!

The build looks so well, I can't believe they pulled it off.

The minifigures are the standout here. Batman gets a new variant from Batman Begins, AND he has a swappable head for nightmare Batman? :wub_drool: Also, Scarecrow?! I was low key expecting another Bane, that's so amazing! 

Love TDK Trilogy logo on the box. Definitely a must buy, it will look amazing on display with my TDKR set :moar:

2 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

I like the smaller one, what do we think It'll cost?

I don't think the movie or it's batmoblie are iconic or loved enough for it to be a likely next choice, I think even a The Animated series batmoblie is more likely and I know it's Joker would make for a much more desirable figure than Leto's attempt at the character.

It's 40€.

The D2C is nice but not for me... the minifig-scale set on the other hand, wow that's a must have for sure! It looks fantastic and I love the inclusion of the nightmare Batman face! I love that it comes with Scarecrow too.

Okay, as ugly as the Tumbler is, I have to say, I dig the 40€ set. I'll probably get it eventually.

Well I’m glad that I can pass on the larger Tumbler, possibly BLing the figs, but that minifigure scale one is coming home with me! Demon Bats and Scarecrow? It’s a triple crown set for me, love it.

24 minutes ago, The Pearson said:

Does the play scale Tumbler have a stand?

It doesn’t look that way, which is odd but I’ll cope.

Oh wow it also leaked today!

Hmmm I'd wait to see a better pic of Scarecrow

But Nightmare Batman is a pretty great inclusion!

52 minutes ago, The Pearson said:

Does the play scale Tumbler have a stand?

No, unfortunately. Although if that means it's less expensive, I'm all for it. 

Both sets are looking nice. The original UCS Tumbler was already built to a good standard, and this is a nice way for people to be able to access it again. The small one is a really nicely done play-scale Tumbler, with IMO a well-chosen price point to capture enough detail (unlike the Bane version).

However LEGO is really stingy with the minifigures, especially in a year where they've made so little DC stuff. The 66 Batmobile had no excuse to leave out Robin, and they could put more than just two figures in both of these Tumbler sets, especially the more-accessible smaller one. It's not like Dark Knight Trilogy sets come out often, so they should make more of the characters at each opportunity.

I am glad that they didn't make any completely new characters for the big one I suppose, though the new variants are desirable. The small one could definitely have Ras Al Ghul included though, keeping with the BB theme. Then it would be great to follow it up with a TDK Batcycle with Two-Face and Gordon and/or another Joker, and a TDKR The Bat with Catwoman and a new Bane. That would cover pretty much all the important character designs from the trilogy. I'm sure they won't do that though.

Sucks that there's no stand or ledger joker

52 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

I am glad that they didn't make any completely new characters for the big one I suppose, though the new variants are desirable. The small one could definitely have Ras Al Ghul included though, keeping with the BB theme. Then it would be great to follow it up with a TDK Batcycle with Two-Face and Gordon and/or another Joker, and a TDKR The Bat with Catwoman and a new Bane. That would cover pretty much all the important character designs from the trilogy. I'm sure they won't do that though.

Exactly, lego could have just spread tdk trilogy sets across this year

But instead they just want to sit on their hands and cite their "no movies=no demand" excuse

l like the minifigure Tumbler. The UCS one feels off to me somehow. It might be all the gold or the exposed studs after the really sleek Burton vehicles. Both should really should have had another figure though: Ra's, Joker in his full coat, Gordon, or even Harvey between the two. A D2C model is one thing, but two figures for a $40 playset in a year with so few DC sets is getting stingy. It also doesn't seem to have a display stand like the 60s Mobile did? Weird. But I am excited to see Scarecrow, and Batman's alt head is a neat inclusion.

Also I think Joker's hair is apple green because it looks brighter than his waistcoat. That means it is technically a new color. Maybe even less accurate though for people bothered by that.

Edited by SoupOrFishOil

The $40 Tumbler looks fantastic. I think it may be the only case where I have looked at a large scale and small scale version of a set and thought the shape/details looked better on the smaller one. I'll be picking both of them up for sure.

1 hour ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

The $40 Tumbler looks fantastic. I think it may be the only case where I have looked at a large scale and small scale version of a set and thought the shape/details looked better on the smaller one. I'll be picking both of them up for sure.

My thoughts exactly! For some reason, I think the shaping looks better on the small-scale version... maybe because I've seen so many mocs around that size. If the smaller one didn't exist, I might be tempted to buy the UCS, but now it's an easy pass! Still really want those figures though...

On 8/22/2021 at 12:14 AM, TheBatstan said:

If the D2C Tumbler is getting the Dark Knight suit, I wouldn't say no to getting an updated Batman Begins suit with the other Tumbler. Just please don't make him dark grey again Lego, it's getting annoying. And if Joker is reserved for the big set, this might be the chance to get another villain from the trilogy like Scarecrow, Two-Face, or even Ra's al Ghul. 

"Congratulations, you're I'm a prophet."

Nearly 4 months of waiting since this was first reported back in May, and all I can say is wow. Wow wow wow wow WOW. This was my most anticipated set for the remainder of this year, and it delivered big time. This Tumbler is probably the best minifig scale version we've gotten to date hands down, even surpassing the original 2008 version. I'll still hold a soft spot for it, but this one just beats it in every way. The size compared to a minfigure isn't gigantic like the original, or pathetically tiny like the 2013 Bane Tumbler, it's just right. 

And the details...where do I begin? New rear tires that look identical to the ones on the actual vehicle in real life, perfect shaping all around, adding a piece to the middle of the windscreen that gives it that split window look, and one of the biggest things for me is the extremely detailed interior with space to actually fit 2 figures. It's like the 2008 Tumbler, but scaled down without sacrificing any of the details that made it great. It makes you wonder how Lego ever approved the 2013 camo Tumbler that had none of this, it looks even more terrible now than it did then. Of course there's the obligatory stud shooters, but those look like they can easily be removed.

When it comes to the minifigure selection, I'm SO glad I turned out to be right. I always associated the Begins suit with the Tumbler since that was the suit that Batman wore the most when he drove it before it got destroyed, and Batman Begins is my favorite movie out of the trilogy, so it's like this set was made for me. An updated Begins torso design was amazing enough already (and it's NOT dark grey, thank God) as it now gives people the chance to get this suit if they missed out on it with the 2014 UCS Tumbler, but then Lego went a step beyond that and included a Fear Toxin Demon Batman head that you could swap the regular head out with. And as a bonus, this head will be extremely helpful with making a custom Batman Beyond figure. Nolan Scarecrow FINALLY appearing in a set is like a dream come true, even if his head is printed instead of a helmet type of piece, but it's still surreal to actually get him instead of another repeat Joker. 

My only gripe with this set is the strange omission of a display stand for the Tumbler, I really thought Lego was on a roll here with the display stand idea. But it's not a big deal since I can just make one from the instructions from either of the two Batmobiles, it's just going to be missing the sticker with all the info on it. The box art for this as well is a really nice touch, recreating the Tumbler chase from Batman Begins with it on a rooftop while a helicopter searchlight is in the background. With this set, we now technically have one set based on all the three movies in the trilogy (if you count the 2008 Tumbler set as being inspired by The Dark Knight that is). 

I remember reading a forum page on here from when the 2006 Batman theme was starting, and a lot of people wanted Batman Begins sets. It only took 15 years, but they finally got their wish. This is going to be a Day 1 purchase the minute it hits 12 AM for me on October 1st, maybe I'll even buy 2 copies. And with that, essay over. 

After letting the pictures sink in for a while I think this smaller Tumbler is incredibly well designed and comes with some great figures, though Gordon or Ra's definitely should've been included because just 2 figures in a $40 set is kinda ridiculous. Not sure if I'll pick it up yet as 2022 is going to be ridiculously expensive but if there's any budget left I'll definitely get this set.

17 minutes ago, L4t2901 said:

Is the batman figure in the smaller tumbler the same one that was included in the 2014 tumbler?

No, the head is the same one that's been used since the DC line started in 2012 and the torso has slightly different details than the 2014 Tumbler version. 

So is the Joker in the big Tumbler actually a Heath Ledger joker?

Which of the parts of that figure are new?

Hands down one of my favorite sets this year! Everything about it is perfect. From the immaculate details inside, to the curvature to create the shaping & to have Scarecrow, my favorite villain & the Batman Begins suit in one set I couldn't be more excited to add this to my collection!

I'm surprised how big the interior is in the new Tumbler!

I remember that when I got Bane's Tumbler I wanted to build another one, but in black so Batman and Bane could have a Tumbler showdown or whatever. Its interior was so small that it couldn't even fit Batman, because his ears were too long.

And now this one not only fits Batman (fat chance it wouldn't in a set based on Batman's vehicle), but it also has 2 seats and some control panels? Really great.

Also, looking at HD pics, I love Batman and Scarecrow. Batman isn't overdetailed like the suit from 76240, not to emotion he comes with another head, and Scarecrow looks awesome.