Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

The set itself looks surprisingly similar to the last version upon closer inspection, but good to see that interrogation scene Joker finally gets a minifig :thumbup: Wonder what this means for the $40 set though. Purple coat Joker cannot be ruled out now :shrug_oh_well:

56 minutes ago, Captain Nemo said:

Was anyone asking for this? 

Whelp, wake me up when we get The Batman sets I suppose, or in the unlikely event something interesting comes out of this theme again. 

I wouldn't say asking for it...but I was looking to pick up the old one and this solves that. Looks great (very similar) but an easy pickup for me. 

Well it's about time another website revealed it since Lego was taking their sweet time about it. The Tumbler itself looks 95% similar to the 2014 design, but with some better details and shaping. But the minifigures are, as usual, the highlight. That Batman minifigure...now THAT is a figure that looks worthy of being called a convention exclusive with all that detail. It puts the NYCC 2011 version to shame with not making the torso printing grey and going all in on the all black detailing. The leg printing too is just *chef's kiss*. However it is a shame that the head is just the same one from 2012, even the Batman Begins figure had an exclusive Bale face printing, and using a Juniors cape instead of a regular cape is a choice. I'll definitely have to find a way to get the torso and legs though, those are the most important pieces here.

And it looks like I was right about getting vest/Interrogation Joker, but in the wrong set. He definitely looks like he has a new face printing, I can't believe they reused the same hair from the 2014 figure with all the advancements they've made with hair pieces since then, but I guess it still works. That vest printing and the hip printing is going to make this figure very desirable, it reminds me of when I used to see custom figures of this design back in 2009/2010 as a kid. Now this opens up the possibility of getting full purple coat Joker in the minifigure scale Tumbler.

And speaking of, now that we got pictures of the UCS version, we should be getting pictures any day now of the actual Tumbler we've all been waiting for...right? That set is coming out before this one by a whole month for crying out loud.

Edited by TheBatstan

I'm definitely going to wait to see the minifigure scale one before I even think of purchasing this, but on a side note it's really nice to get an accurate Dark Knight movie Batman! He looks spectacular! Joker on the other hand, I wish he had Mad Eye's hair piece.

Hhmm, whilst it does obviously have a lot of similarities to the previous version, it does look like the various proportions of the vehicle might resemble the real vehicle a little better at least on first glance.  The relative height of the front and rear of the chasis, the tyre sizes, window size etc. I’ll be keen when someone has both versions to hand and can compare against plan views of the actual car.

2 hours ago, Captain Nemo said:

Whelp, wake me up when we get The Batman sets I suppose, or in the unlikely event something interesting comes out of this theme again. 

Same this theme has bee mostly dead for years, same with Marvel unless you collect MCU

Regarding the full purple coat Joker...didn't we already get him in the original Tumbler? You mean, a re-release of that figure also in an upcoming set?

2 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

They’ve made the central driving position with windows for a start. Then there’s the rear tyres. Lots of little changes as well. If they have made it more stable to pick up and move I’ll be happy. 

I was asking for the ’66 version to be fair.

All roads lead to future 

D2C 66 Batmobile with Joker and Batman 

D2C BVS Batmoble with you guess it Joker and Batman 

I would though like to see the Bat from the TDR in 2022.

Back to the 21 Tumbler 

The box art is not dark knight lol

Minor changes.

89 minifguare stand lol

Oh Lego, I really hope we get something special in 2022.

It's nice that newer fans can now get their own D2C Tumbler without having to pay outrageous prices but other than the figures this set is a snooze. I'm fully convinced LEGO isn't even trying anymore with this theme, it wouldn't even make a diffference if it got axed.

2 hours ago, TheBatstan said:

And speaking of, now that we got pictures of the UCS version, we should be getting pictures any day now of the actual Tumbler we've all been waiting for...right? That set is coming out before this one by a whole month for crying out loud.

My hope too!

3 hours ago, Captain Nemo said:

Yes, myself and everyone else who didn't want to pay stupid money on the aftermarket for the previous version. I've wanted this to be re-released for awhile, but I can understand owners of the previous version passing. I think the Tumbler and the figs both look great, and it'll be a great addition to the '89 version.

Considering they didnt even have budget for a recolor of the Mad Eye hairpiece, I lost all hope for a new mold for Scarecrow or Catwoman 

Its probably going to another Joker or a remake of Bane

The $40 set has exceeded my expectations, the set looks phenomal! I love that they included an extra head for Batman, the extra head looks useful for customs too.

I... don't like it.

The build's main problem is that it's... well, The Tumbler. I hate that vehicle, I hate the design and how clunky it is. The build itself is also ugly, with its clunkiness and a lot of rough, almost unfinished looking edges.

The minifigs are... I kinda like Batman, but with how overdetailed his torso is the arms really pop out, and not in a good way. Joker is great, until we get to the hairpiece. Really? Not only is the shape so wrong, but the colour is even worse. Was it too much to ask for olive green Sirius or Mad Eye Moody hair?

Also, not us seeing the D2C before the system scale set, lmao. At least that rules out Joker from that set, really hope they surprise us with the minifigs.

The design looks far better than the 2013 set HAHAHAHA.

I say all this despite the Tumbler being my least favourite Batmobile, maybe my standards for DC sets have been lowered too much LMAO!

Wait Demon Batman is a thing from the movies?! Oh my!

55d2e277d6d8b985de1badac6ca3ddaa.jpg

Not sure the extra head is as useful finding out it's for Demon Batman :hmpf_bad:

Great set nonetheless.