Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

19 hours ago, thephantasm said:

Lego fulcrum seems to tease that not all 3 sets may be related to the batman 

He probably isn't 100% sure

If all 3 were not related to the Batman, Lego wouldn’t have moved all 3

Edited by Falconfan1414

13 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

I thought Lego DC would be super important in 2022? 

You mean because we haven’t heard anything yet beyond the 3 sets based on The Batman? That‘s hardly surprising as we 1) don‘t have set lists yet for a lot of themes including heavy-hitters like Technic and Star Wars and 2) I‘d expect a lot of next year‘s sets to be movie-based, particularly The Flash (and Black Adam if we‘re lucky), and those would be 2HY releases :classic:

The D2C Tumbler release date confusion continues as promobricks and stonewars both report that the release could still either be October or November. Apparently, it‘ll be available at certain retailers starting Nov 2nd, but an earlier release on s@h is still thought to be in the realm of possibility :shrug_oh_well:

The $40 version (with 422 parts) however is definitely scheduled for Oct 1st. Personally, I‘m glad this gets released first because it could have the more interesting minifig selection between the two. Well, theoretically :tongue:

The most interesting detail from this report is that the $40 Tumbler is said to be based on the films, which is nice to know considering it might as well have been a comic set. 

8 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The D2C Tumbler release date confusion continues as promobricks and stonewars both report that the release could still either be October or November. Apparently, it‘ll be available at certain retailers starting Nov 2nd, but an earlier release on s@h is still thought to be in the realm of possibility :shrug_oh_well:

The $40 version (with 422 parts) however is definitely scheduled for Oct 1st. Personally, I‘m glad this gets released first because it could have the more interesting minifig selection between the two. Well, theoretically :tongue:

Is the $40 version not a gift with purchase?

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they reveal both sets at fandome, considering the release dates according to promobricks

Edited by thephantasm

I would be surprised...

If the release date is February, one would think revealing them after the Holidays would be wiser, considering some of people could decide not to buy anything for christmas and wait for these

10 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I would be surprised...

If the release date is February, one would think revealing them after the Holidays would be wiser, considering some of people could decide not to buy anything for christmas and wait for these

Release is not feb it's oct and nov for the tumblers

3 minutes ago, thephantasm said:

Release is not feb it's oct and nov for the tumblers

Sorry I thought you were talking about The Batman sets 

4 hours ago, namioik said:

Nope. It has a regular set number instead of one of those special GWP set numbers, and I remember seeing it listed on Walmart's website before it was taken down so it's definitely going to be a retail set.

9 hours ago, TheBatstan said:

Nope. It has a regular set number instead of one of those special GWP set numbers, and I remember seeing it listed on Walmart's website before it was taken down so it's definitely going to be a retail set.

Well If that’s the case then I much rather have the mini figure scale one :)

17 hours ago, thephantasm said:

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they reveal both sets at fandome, considering the release dates according to promobricks

$40 Tumbler is 1st October release apparently which means it'll be released before Fandome.

On 8/26/2021 at 1:22 AM, namioik said:

It's not.

On 8/26/2021 at 3:09 AM, thephantasm said:

DC Fandome - October 16th

40€ Tumbler - October 1st

D2C Tumbler - October / November

Nah, that ain't happening. 

I am so so so ready for the minifigure scale tumbler man. I just really want to know what the minifigures will be though. What is everyone’s predictions? I’m expecting the same Batman that’ll be in the $230 set, but I doubt they’ll include the same ledger. I’m guessing we’ll see either Scarecrow or Ras. I can’t really see lego doing Two-face tbh.

17 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It's not.

DC Fandome - October 16th

40€ Tumbler - October 1st

D2C Tumbler - October / November

Nah, that ain't happening. 

Shoot October 1st? I figured we would’ve seen at least some leaks from the sets by now

6 hours ago, Nylock said:

I am so so so ready for the minifigure scale tumbler man. I just really want to know what the minifigures will be though. What is everyone’s predictions? I’m expecting the same Batman that’ll be in the $230 set, but I doubt they’ll include the same ledger. I’m guessing we’ll see either Scarecrow or Ras. I can’t really see lego doing Two-face tbh.

Shoot October 1st? I figured we would’ve seen at least some leaks from the sets by now

It's hard to say, but imo they'll want to keep the two minifigs from the D2C exclusive (TDK Batman and TDK Joker, in purple coat).

The only way they could keep Batman exclusive to the D2C AND include him in this set is use the BB suit (seeing as he has one suit for BB and another for TDK and TDKR).

Now if they use the BB suit, logically speaking (it's Lego tho so anything could happen) they'd have to also use BB villains, which would be Scarecrow and Ras' al Ghul.

If the set only has 2 minifigs (like the 1966 Batmobile), I'd say it would be Scarecrow as he is more exciting for children (in Nolan's universe, because Ras' is just Liam Neeson in a suit).

Plus it's been 4 years since we last got a Scarecrow minifigure with The Lego Batman Movie, and 5 years for a regular Scarecrow from the DC line with that Harvest of Fear set. I could easily make my own purist Liam Neeson Ra's by grabbing a Qui-Gon head and putting it on a suit torso, at least we'd get something unique with a Cillian Murphy Scarecrow like a new head for his mask (or maybe even a helmet type piece that could go over a regular Jonathan Crane head). 

And if Lego really wanted to make it special, they would put him in his "costume" that we very briefly saw in the final act of Batman Begins instead of just wearing a suit.

PD1339473969163.jpg

10 hours ago, sokewl said:

2021 is such an disappointing year for a Lego dc fan... 

To be fair look at Marvel - the have 5 Disney+ series and 4 movies this year. Now DC - no truly exclusive HBO Max series (Lego doesn't make sets based on CW or DC Universe platform), and only 2 movies, both of them being R rated.

I know it's disappointing, but Lego made 10 sets based on those Marvel properties, while DC had none.

Let's hope that next year we eat good with 4 DC theatrical movies, at least 2 HBO Max movies and hopefully some HBO Max series that aren't R rated (like Peacemaker).

On 8/28/2021 at 2:56 AM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It's hard to say, but imo they'll want to keep the two minifigs from the D2C exclusive (TDK Batman and TDK Joker, in purple coat).

The only way they could keep Batman exclusive to the D2C AND include him in this set is use the BB suit (seeing as he has one suit for BB and another for TDK and TDKR).

Now if they use the BB suit, logically speaking (it's Lego tho so anything could happen) they'd have to also use BB villains, which would be Scarecrow and Ras' al Ghul.

If the set only has 2 minifigs (like the 1966 Batmobile), I'd say it would be Scarecrow as he is more exciting for children (in Nolan's universe, because Ras' is just Liam Neeson in a suit).

Shoot you’re right! They’ll probably include the Batman begins suit with the mini figure scale. I’m not complaining about that though because I think it’s one of the best live action suits! And Now that I think about it, I’m really hoping that the dark knight suit that’ll be included with $230 tumbler will be more actuate this time with a complete black print similar to the 2013 comic-con exclusive. I’ve always hated that they made the the dark knight suit in that grayish blue color. And I agree scarecrow definitely makes the most sense to include. So excited for these sets, I’m a big dark knight fan!

On 8/28/2021 at 3:34 AM, TheBatstan said:

Plus it's been 4 years since we last got a Scarecrow minifigure with The Lego Batman Movie, and 5 years for a regular Scarecrow from the DC line with that Harvest of Fear set. I could easily make my own purist Liam Neeson Ra's by grabbing a Qui-Gon head and putting it on a suit torso, at least we'd get something unique with a Cillian Murphy Scarecrow like a new head for his mask (or maybe even a helmet type piece that could go over a regular Jonathan Crane head). 

And if Lego really wanted to make it special, they would put him in his "costume" that we very briefly saw in the final act of Batman Begins instead of just wearing a suit.

PD1339473969163.jpg

That’s true, it’s been a minute since we’ve gotten a scarecrow minifig. Now I’m really curious if they would go all out to make a helmet new mold for scarecrow… it likely won’t happen and they’ll just use a printed minifigure head but it would definitely be nice if they did. I feel like they would have to base it off the one you pictured, otherwise he’d really just be in a normal suit and tie…well maybe lego would do something like that lol.

12 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

To be fair look at Marvel - the have 5 Disney+ series and 4 movies this year. Now DC - no truly exclusive HBO Max series (Lego doesn't make sets based on CW or DC Universe platform), and only 2 movies, both of them being R rated.

I know it's disappointing, but Lego made 10 sets based on those Marvel properties, while DC had none.

Let's hope that next year we eat good with 4 DC theatrical movies, at least 2 HBO Max movies and hopefully some HBO Max series that aren't R rated (like Peacemaker).

Exaaactly. It’s really the lack of family friendly DC content this year that we don’t have a lot of sets. But I’m pumped for Shazam 2, the flash movie and The Batman. It’ll be so awesome to get an older Keaton Batman, and I’m super excited about the new Batman movie, looks excellent. Next year should be pretty good!

I am more excited for the minifig scale tumbler compared to the large one, I do hope we get two face as a fig along with a more accurate TDK suit. I never liked the grey one from TDKR set back in 2012

1 hour ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

I am more excited for the minifig scale tumbler compared to the large one, I do hope we get two face as a fig along with a more accurate TDK suit. I never liked the grey one from TDKR set back in 2012

That minifig was terrible :sick:

Why did they make it grey? Like why?

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

That minifig was terrible :sick:

Why did they make it grey? Like why?

they totally could've made it work with accurate colors, it bothers me to this very day 

8 hours ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

they totally could've made it work with accurate colors, it bothers me to this very day 

Same, I hid him in The Bat on my display.