Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

As much as I'd want to have TDK Joker... please, just give us Two-Face or Scarecrow. We need more TDK Trilogy villains instead of getting the same ones.

Ohh regular tumbler set ($40) with The Dark Knight-version Joker? Neat!

Please there should be Two-Face!

How likely do you think the inclusion of a third minifig in the D2C Tumbler is? The way I see it, Fulcrum's hinting at leaked minifigs rather than a leaked box, so there's still a chance for that. I do realise that the 2014 one also only had two minifigs, but the last two Batsy D2C sets both included three, so it's not entirely unreasonable :shrug_oh_well:

Either way, looking forward to the two confirmed minifigs and especially what the updated Joker looks like :excited:

25 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

How likely do you think the inclusion of a third minifig in the D2C Tumbler is? The way I see it, Fulcrum's hinting at leaked minifigs rather than a leaked box, so there's still a chance for that. I do realise that the 2014 one also only had two minifigs, but the last two Batsy D2C sets both included three, so it's not entirely unreasonable :shrug_oh_well:

Either way, looking forward to the two confirmed minifigs and especially what the updated Joker looks like :excited:

I think the chances are pretty much nonexistent. Imo they really are going for a full remake of the last Tumbler D2C.

The real wildcard is the system scale Tumbler tho. It could have some exciting new minifigs, especially since I think they'll want to keep Joker as a character and Batman as in his TDK suit exclusive to the D2C.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

28 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The real wildcard is the system scale Tumbler tho. It could have some exciting new minifigs […]

Or maybe it instead includes 2019!Joker, the current comic-inspired Batman and an updated Robin or 2020!Batgirl.

Jk, of course. …or am I? :laugh_hard:

As you say, keeping the Joker exclusive to the D2C version is in the realm of possibility, but the nurse or interregation scene variants would also make sense in a set like that. I would love to see Two-Face and/or Scarecrow, but I’m not getting my hopes up just yet

6 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Where did this rumour that The Batman sets are coming in February come from? They're all over #legoleaks.

lego_club_news I think.

5 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Where did this rumour that The Batman sets are coming in February come from? They're all over #legoleaks.

That's only 1 month before the release of the movie. Assuming the sets release date is the 1st of February.

3 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

That's only 1 month before the release of the movie. Assuming the sets release date is the 1st of February.

Eternals releases November 5th and the sets come out in October (presumably October 1st) so it's not unprecedented.

46 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Eternals releases November 5th and the sets come out in October (presumably October 1st) so it's not unprecedented.

Ahhh great point. LEGO has got into the habit of revealing sets 1-3 months before release. Maybe we could see the sets revealed at DC Fandome in October (presumably when we see the next trailer for the movie). Failing that, manufacturing for sets usually happens 3 months before release so we could see leaks anytime November onwards.

Do we know if any of the “The Batman” sets are 4+? Automatic no-sale (for me) if so.

Edited by Anonknee Muss

15 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Do we know if any of the “The Batman” sets are 4+? Automatic no-sale (for me) if so.

Thankfully no, the three that we know of are all regular sets.

7 hours ago, TheBatstan said:

Thankfully no, the three that we know of are all regular sets.

Hallelujah! Thank you for the information.

Edited by Anonknee Muss

8 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

[…]“The Batman” […] 4+ […]

Something tells me the same company that thinks Deathly Hallows is too much for the kiddos wouldn’t market a set based on that film as age-appropriate for a pre-schooler :tongue:

4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Something tells me the same company that thinks Deathly Hallows is too much for the kiddos wouldn’t market a set based on that film as age-appropriate for a pre-schooler :tongue:

That was in the back of my head as I wrote it but just wanted to be sure haha.

23 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Or maybe it instead includes 2019!Joker, the current comic-inspired Batman and an updated Robin or 2020!Batgirl.

Jk, of course. …or am I? :laugh_hard:

As you say, keeping the Joker exclusive to the D2C version is in the realm of possibility, but the nurse or interregation scene variants would also make sense in a set like that. I would love to see Two-Face and/or Scarecrow, but I’m not getting my hopes up just yet

To be honest I want sets on Batman Begins. I want another Ras al Ghul no matter movie or comic 

I’m obviously not getting my hopes up (because that’s something I’ve learned you do not do with Lego), but I want a new mold for Bale’s Batman’s headpiece. They did it for Keaton’s Batman. I’d love to see something similar to Phoenix Customs’ Night Crusader figure.

Edited by Moon_Knight

5 hours ago, Moon_Knight said:

I’m obviously not getting my hopes up (because that’s something I’ve learned you do not do with Lego), but I want a new mold for Bale’s Batman’s headpiece. They did it for Keaton’s Batman. I’d love to see something similar to Phoenix Customs’ Night Crusader figure.

A new mold similar to Phoenix Customs' Night Crusader cowl piece would be really good, because the cowl could then be reused by Lego for Pattinson's Batman in the February wave of The Batman sets too.

21 minutes ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

when is the smaller version of the tumbler coming out? I hope it isn't a GWP

Also in October, and it’s not a GWP. Those don’t have regular set numbers :tongue:

Lego fulcrum seems to tease that not all 3 sets may be related to the batman 

He probably isn't 100% sure

Edited by thephantasm

On 8/21/2021 at 6:11 AM, lego_guyon02 said:

The Daily Planet could work but as it's incredibly similar to the Bugle I don't see them doing that.

Hall of justice practically begs for a set. Iconic exterior and interior, room for plenty of easter eggs, and can fit plenty of both major characters and minor ones we haven't gotten before.

19 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Lego's "it's too much for the kiddos!" thing isn't their actual rationale. For instance, they say fallen order is too mature, but...rogue one? revenge of the sith? The force unleashed and both battlefronts? Even with harry potter...we got sets for THE DARK KNIGHT, pirates of the Caribbean, etc... my point is I think it's just their go-to excuse when they won't or can't say the real reason.

7 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Also in October, and it’s not a GWP. Those don’t have regular set numbers :tongue:

Wait I thought it was a GWP mini version like the 1989 bat-mobile from 2 years ago. I really hope we get a Nolan Ra's or Two-Face in the smaller version because I'm for sure getting the $230 model and I thought the small one was just a bonus. 

Also for those who have the Batmobile that's rating soon is it a good purchase or is the Batwing a better purchase/model.

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Lego's "it's too much for the kiddos!" thing isn't their actual rationale.

I think it still is, but from a different perspective. The reasoning is probably not “it’s too dark for them to handle” but rather “it’s too dark to sell well compared to the more magical earlier films that have more potential for colourful, well-selling sets” :laugh:

1 hour ago, kidtheboss611 said:

Wait I thought it was a GWP mini version like the 1989 bat-mobile from 2 years ago.

Nope, it’s a regular set :classic: We don’t know anything specific about it though, not even if it’s actually based on the Nolan trilogy. I assume it is, but you never know :shrug_oh_well:

14 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I think it still is, but from a different perspective. The reasoning is probably not “it’s too dark for them to handle” but rather “it’s too dark to sell well compared to the more magical earlier films that have more potential for colourful, well-selling sets” :laugh:

Nope, it’s a regular set :classic: We don’t know anything specific about it though, not even if it’s actually based on the Nolan trilogy. I assume it is, but you never know :shrug_oh_well:

If it isn't based on the Nolan trilogy after all of this I will go full super saiyan Karen mode on the lego group