Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, jonwil said:

With the success of the Daily Bugle set, I wonder if LEGO has considered doing a similar large building/play set for DC Comics. Are there any buildings in the DC universe that are iconic enough?

Same here. 

1 hour ago, lego_guyon02 said:

The Daily Planet could work but as it's incredibly similar to the Bugle I don't see them doing that.

Fair enough. Although, I still want to see comic-styled heroes and villains.

24 minutes ago, jonwil said:

Maybe what could work is a "Master Builder" style Batcave similar in size/price to the recent Star Wars Cantina. More room for all the various Bat-gadgets and parking space for the Bat-vehicles (not the UCS ones, the minifig scale ones)

Knowing LEGO the focus of such a set would be on the Bat-vehicles and the actual cave would be condensed to a sidebuild :laugh_hard:

2 hours ago, jonwil said:

With the success of the Daily Bugle set, I wonder if LEGO has considered doing a similar large building/play set for DC Comics. Are there any buildings in the DC universe that are iconic enough?

Hall of Doom. Arkham has been done a couple of times now but I would love a Belle Reve build with dedicated Task Force X facility. There’s S.T.A.R. Labs, D.E.O., the Planet, Hall of Justice, Titans Tower, Iceberg Lounge, the Lexcorps building, Danny the Street, the Houses of Secrets and Mystery, Doctor Fate’s Sanctum to name a few. 

Gotham City Police headquarters. A tall gothic building with the Bat-signal on top, and various supervillains attacking / escaping the cells.

I'd love a Daily Planet (the Superman family and their rogues don't get nearly enough love), but it would probably be too similar to the Daily Bugle.

A Gotham City Police Department is one of the few Batman/DC sets I might actually buy (I collect police stations and have bought all of the recent ones including the 2020 modular police station and it would be very hard to pass over a GCPD even though I am most definitely not a Batman guy)

I think the two safest bets (other than the Bat-Cave) is Gotham City Police Headquaters and Hall of Justice, I fear the rest may be too obscure for general customers even with live action appearances.

On 8/19/2021 at 2:02 PM, thephantasm said:

I think those collectors wouldn't be upset if they do a tdk suit, because the suit in the ucs set was the begins suit.

I would hope so! And at least give us more then 2 figures,  give us 3, like the 89 series. 

Lego DC should be a big next year! 

I smell leaks coming soon! 

I see people on IG about an upcoming Heath Ledger Joker minifigure

Is that confirmed?

Finally, SOME type of news at last! @lego_fulcrum posted two images on his IG of Ledger's Joker and the Dark Knight suit Batman. It probably doesn't mean much, but he chose an image of Ledger wearing the full purple coat instead of the vest look he had when he was in prison, so I guess that means we're getting an updated version of the 2014 minifigure.

I'm still freaking out over the fact that we just might finally be getting an all black Dark Knight minifigure, it only took a decade since Lego made one as the NYCC 2011 exclusive and they gave us a dark grey variant of it twice as compensation. Now the only question is if these figures are for the D2C or minifigure scale Tumbler.

So... it's true!

I bet Joker will use the Mad-Eye hairpiece in green

bricklink+harry+potter+minifigures cheap buy online

I know it's "mirrored", but still works IMO 

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

It should be both in the UCS tumbler 

I was just about to say that there was another post that said they're both in the UCS set. Does that mean the minifigure scale version will still get figures, or will it just the Tumbler itself like the GWP 1989 Batmobile?

3 minutes ago, TheBatstan said:

I was just about to say that there was another post that said they're both in the UCS set. Does that mean the minifigure scale version will still get figures, or will it just the Tumbler itself like the GWP 1989 Batmobile?

Should get figures too 

5 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Should get figures too 

Now this just made things more interesting. If the D2C Tumbler is getting the Dark Knight suit, I wouldn't say no to getting an updated Batman Begins suit with the other Tumbler. Just please don't make him dark grey again Lego, it's getting annoying. And if Joker is reserved for the big set, this might be the chance to get another villain from the trilogy like Scarecrow, Two-Face, or even Ra's al Ghul. 

And since I said that, watch it turn out to be another Bane.

17 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

The Daily Planet could work but as it's incredibly similar to the Bugle I don't see them doing that.

Its too soon for a Daily Planet now but there shouldn't be an issue releasing one in 4-5 years once the Bugle has been retired, especially if superhero modulars become yearly releases. Despite both being press buildings the Daily Planet does have a notably different exterior from the Bugle which would also help distance similarities between the two.

29 minutes ago, TheBatstan said:

Scarecrow, Two-Face, 

Getting the Nolan version of either of these would be *chef kiss*

Even Catwoman, but mostly those 2

Personally, I'm hoping that the Joker comes in the cheaper Tumbler, so that younger fans will be able to get a TDK Joker without trying to convince their parents to buy them a ucs tumbler. It would seem like a mean decision to keep such an iconic character confined to two highly exclusive sets. 

Not that I was excited for another D2C Tumbler (I wouldn't buy it), but that minifigure selection is kinda what I expected. If Joker doesn't use Moody's hairpiece in olive green tho... just please don't use regular green.

What this makes me excited about is the regular Tumbler tho - I expect both of the minifigs to stay exclusive to the D2C set, and since the minifig scale one also has minifigs, this would mean another Batman variant and a new villain (or Bane...).

2 hours ago, thephantasm said:

WHAT THE HECK IS THIS

90% OF US ONLY CARE FOR THE MINIFIGS FOR THE MINIFIG SCALE VERSION

Jesus just chill :shrug_confused:

Pretty much what I expected :sweet: The real wildcard here is the $40 Tumbler. Personally, I hope for Batsy, Vest Joker and Two-Face, but they may throw us a complete curveball and pull a 2008 Tumbler on us :laugh_hard: 

The release date surprises me a bit though. Just look at what gets released in October: the 66 Batsy cowl, both Tumblers, 8 Marvel sets (4 Eterals, 3 Spidey, 1 Inf Saga), Peach’s Castle, Pick-up Truck, two large Technic sets, the Winter Village set, and the Ideas Stratocaster *oh2* When was the last time October was this stacked with new releases, if ever before? :oh: