Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Stonks Market said:

Do other countries not have alternatives? In tge UK, the new Justice League was shown on Sky Cinema, mainly because they're the reason we can't have HBO Max here. Is this not standard elsewhere?

Same here in Switzerland, but I don't think Sky is available everywhere (please correct me if I'm wrong). So if your country has access to neither Sky nor HBOmax, you're out of luck :shrug_oh_well: I think they have expansion plans, but that may take a while

32 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Same here in Switzerland, but I don't think Sky is available everywhere (please correct me if I'm wrong). So if your country has access to neither Sky nor HBOmax, you're out of luck :shrug_oh_well: I think they have expansion plans, but that may take a while

There's also HBO GO, which is avaliable for example in my country.

ZSJL was available here day 1.

8 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Forgot to add "from each other".

Yeah, I meant that CW and HBO Max work on completely different rules. HBO Max is basically DC's Disney+.

Ahhhh thank you for clarifying. There may be sets based off of the HBO series afterall.

How I wish we got unofficial tie-ins for The Suicide Squad. A Batman/Justice League set with Bloodsport, a new version of Polka Dot Man (since he's already in the Lego Batman movie sets), King Shark, and Starro would be perfect. 

2 hours ago, hvader said:

How I wish we got unofficial tie-ins for The Suicide Squad. A Batman/Justice League set with Bloodsport, a new version of Polka Dot Man (since he's already in the Lego Batman movie sets), King Shark, and Starro would be perfect. 

I would really love a Suicide Swuad CMF series, even if it would be based on the comics.

Peacemaker, Bloodsport, Ratcatcher, King Shark, Rick Flag are only some of the amazing characters we haven't gotten yet. Especially Peacemaker, seeing as he's getting a series in a few months.

10 hours ago, hvader said:

Picture this as a 2-in-1 SS/JL wave: Batman vs Savant, Polka-Dot-Man and Harley Quinn. Superman, Cyborg and Martian Manhunter vs Starro and Bloodsport. The Flash and Aquaman vs King Shark, Thinker and Captain Boomerang. Wonder Woman and Peacemaker vs Steppenwolf.

8 hours ago, Stonks Market said:

Picture this as a 2-in-1 SS/JL wave: Batman vs Savant, Polka-Dot-Man and Harley Quinn. Superman, Cyborg and Martian Manhunter vs Starro and Bloodsport. The Flash and Aquaman vs King Shark, Thinker and Captain Boomerang. Wonder Woman and Peacemaker vs Steppenwolf.

Wow the addition of Steppenwolf is awesome. How I wish this was real.

7 hours ago, Moon_Knight said:

I could really use some Tumbler news. Lego DC has been too quiet this year.

I check #legoleaks 3 times a day most days in anticipation for the $40 Tumbler :laugh:

3 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

I check #legoleaks 3 times a day most days in anticipation for the $40 Tumbler :laugh:

Those are rookie numbers, I check it every half hour every day. 

It's starting to get really weird that we're getting closer and closer to the release...and not a single blurry image of the potential minifigures or the box has shown up yet, these things usually leak months before the release date and the eventual HD pics.

1 hour ago, TheBatstan said:

It's starting to get really weird that we're getting closer and closer to the release...and not a single blurry image of the potential minifigures or the box has shown up yet, these things usually leak months before the release date and the eventual HD pics.

Last year the Batwing leaked late August.

Still time. 

15 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

Last year the Batwing leaked late August.

Still time. 

The Batwing came out in November, these Tumbler sets are rumoured to be coming out in October. There's still time, who knows maybe LEGO has a tighter grasp on leaks now?

17 hours ago, TheBatstan said:

:laugh:

I saw AshnFlash's video and he gives the same perspective I and probably other members of the LEGO DC community have on the current situation:

Edited by Anonknee Muss

1 hour ago, Anonknee Muss said:

The Batwing came out in November, these Tumbler sets are rumoured to be coming out in October. There's still time, who knows maybe LEGO has a tighter grasp on leaks now?

And the Batmobile took so long to leak that a lot of people here started worrying that it was cancelled. There's not much consistency with leaks.

2 minutes ago, BigGuy4U said:

And the Batmobile took so long to leak that a lot of people here started worrying that it was cancelled. There's not much consistency with leaks.

Very true. Same with Speed Champions but they were released 6 months later than usual to be fair.

29 minutes ago, thephantasm said:

The friends 2022 wave list has leaked before any tumbler pics

Set lists for the following year already leaking before every single set of the current year has been revealed is pretty common though :shrug_oh_well: Plus, we haven’t seen the Queer Eye and Peach’s Castle sets either and those should be released long before either of the Tumblers

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

I know the LEGO Star Wars designers have mentioned never looking at aftermarket prices to determine which Minifigures come in sets, has the DC team ever said anything similar? Seeing how high TLBM Polka Dot man figures are getting it could really improve our next Batmech, BatGo-kart or whatever we get next

1 hour ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

Seeing how high TLBM Polka Dot man figures are getting it could really improve our next Batmech, BatGo-kart or whatever we get next

Maybe I’m jinxing it by saying it, but so far the prices on bricklink look fairly normal for a minifig from an expensive 4-year old set :shrug_oh_well:

I definitely could see them revisiting the character one day, with the usual mixed reactions whenever a rare-ish minifig gets remade of course :tongue: Already getting my popcorn ready for when people throw tantrums as soon as the Tumblers leak :moar:

9 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Maybe I’m jinxing it by saying it, but so far the prices on bricklink look fairly normal for a minifig from an expensive 4-year old set  

Could of sworn I saw someone mention they were spiking, granted I already have one so I've not checked

12 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I definitely could see them revisiting the character one day, with the usual mixed reactions whenever a rare-ish minifig gets remade of course :tongue: Already getting my popcorn ready for when people throw tantrums as soon as the Tumblers leak :moar:

Who'd of thought a set based on a film defined by the dynamic between two characters when remade, would include both of said characters

Granted I've not seen anyone making that argument myself so I may be pulling a Twitter here and arguing against an imaginary person, but if so this imaginary person better watch their back

I think those collectors wouldn't be upset if they do a tdk suit, because the suit in the ucs set was the begins suit.

On 8/18/2021 at 11:35 PM, Renny The Spaceman said:

I know the LEGO Star Wars designers have mentioned never looking at aftermarket prices to determine which Minifigures come in sets, has the DC team ever said anything similar? Seeing how high TLBM Polka Dot man figures are getting it could really improve our next Batmech, BatGo-kart or whatever we get next

I'll take a Bat go-kart for the batcave any day! 

On 8/19/2021 at 2:02 PM, thephantasm said:

I think those collectors wouldn't be upset if they do a tdk suit, because the suit in the ucs set was the begins suit.

I would hope so! And at least give us more then 2 figures,  give us 3, like the 89 series. 

Lego DC should be a big next year! 

With the success of the Daily Bugle set, I wonder if LEGO has considered doing a similar large building/play set for DC Comics. Are there any buildings in the DC universe that are iconic enough?

7 minutes ago, jonwil said:

With the success of the Daily Bugle set, I wonder if LEGO has considered doing a similar large building/play set for DC Comics. Are there any buildings in the DC universe that are iconic enough?

If we are talking non-Batman then either the Moth cave or Hall of Justice.

I am joking about the Moth Cave but I would love one.

18 minutes ago, jonwil said:

Are there any buildings in the DC universe that are iconic enough?

The Daily Planet could work but as it's incredibly similar to the Bugle I don't see them doing that.

Maybe what could work is a "Master Builder" style Batcave similar in size/price to the recent Star Wars Cantina. More room for all the various Bat-gadgets and parking space for the Bat-vehicles (not the UCS ones, the minifig scale ones)