Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

10 hours ago, thephantasm said:

seriously, lego is just lazy when it comes to dc

They can do a character pack with Harley, Digger and Polka Dot Man, and a small build, some guns, dynamite and starfish, and nothing new other than the printed packaging. That’s minimal effort. What are there, 15 or so named characters? Don’t spoil anything…

1 hour ago, RedHoodPug said:

They can do a character pack with Harley, Digger and Polka Dot Man, and a small build, some guns, dynamite and starfish, and nothing new other than the printed packaging. That’s minimal effort. What are there, 15 or so named characters? Don’t spoil anything…

Yes! This sounds like a great idea … also who doesn’t need more starfish? 

All I want is a bigfig King Shark... I've been wanting one ever since Lego Batman 3.

2 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

All I want is a bigfig King Shark... I've been wanting one ever since Lego Batman 3.

Especially one that uses a standard shark head connection, so people can choose between his great white/hammerhead looks as they please.

13 minutes ago, BaneShake said:

Especially one that uses a standard shark head connection, so people can choose between his great white/hammerhead looks as they please.

Oh 100% As silly as it is, I love what they did with LEGO Batman Movie Killer Croc. It just makes the figure feel more LEGO, not to mention adds articulation and the ability to swap heads. King Shark would absolutely need the same treatment(of course it would look absolutely perfect, not silly like that Killer Croc). If they basically gave us the King Shark from the DC Supervillains game, I'd be super happy.

Edited by ToaDraco

11 minutes ago, TheLEGOChap said:

I bet a reveal for the Tumbler isn’t too far out, wasn’t it supposed to be releasing in September? 

October.

The rumored minifig scale Tumbler is the only thing getting a classic Lego Batman fan through 2021 (that and the fantastic 2006-style Batman in the minifig pack way back in January :sweet:)

Honestly a single set like the holy 2008 Tumbler would make up my year for Lego DC completely, call me crazy but I'd rather have two or three genuinely desirable sets spread throughout the year than a full year of lamely built Bat-Vehicles with reused minifigs for ridiculously high prices taking up the shelves just to sell like garbage.

lego batman joker ice cream surprise cheap Cheaper Than Retail Price> Buy  Clothing, Accessories and lifestyle products for women & men -

6 hours ago, Mountain Drew said:

The rumored minifig scale Tumbler is the only thing getting a classic Lego Batman fan through 2021 (that and the fantastic 2006-style Batman in the minifig pack way back in January :sweet:)

Honestly a single set like the holy 2008 Tumbler would make up my year for Lego DC completely, call me crazy but I'd rather have two or three genuinely desirable sets spread throughout the year than a full year of lamely built Bat-Vehicles with reused minifigs for ridiculously high prices taking up the shelves just to sell like garbage.

Agreed

Highly doubt the set would be as big, it's only 40usd

6 hours ago, Mountain Drew said:

As someone that just managed to finally get this set sealed (for way more than I'd ever thought to pay for it, but not as bad as one eBay listing I've seen that wants $1000 for it), I completely agree. I'll take getting a single incredibly detailed like this or a 1966 Batmobile (actual vehicles that are from the movies/comics) instead of 3-4 sets with made up vehicles like a Bat-Dragster or a Bat-Buggy that are just a waste of parts and look stupid to boot. 

If I'm being honest, it's starting to get a little annoying to see all these other sets/polybags from other themes that are coming out in the Fall get leaked or revealed, yet there's still nothing for the minifigure scale Tumbler. It's now two months away from it's supposed October release and there's not even a placeholder search result for its instructions showing up on the Building Instructions page on Lego's website when you type in 76239. Now if it was just going to be a poorly made model, I wouldn't really be constantly checking Instagram for pictures. But after seeing how much accuracy these Batmobile display stand sets get with the '66 and '89 Batmobiles, it's probably my most anticipated set that's remaining from this year. The innovations that Lego have made from 2008 are exponential, and while they needed to make the Tumbler oversized back then in order to get in all the details and shaping, I feel like they can do that now but they won't have to make it as gigantic so it'll be more size accurate to how small the Tumbler is in real life. 

And don't even get me started on the minifigures that might come with it (if there will be any and it's not just the Tumbler by itself). A proper black suit Nolan Batman instead of dark grey, and probably a new version of Ledger's Joker if they're using the same selection as the 1966 Batmobile, which I wouldn't mind at all since I missed out on the 2014 UCS Tumbler. Or Lego could finally surprise us and include a Nolan Scarecrow or Ra's al Ghul since the Tumbler had the most focus in Batman Begins compared to the later two films, and those two were the villains in that movie.

Do you guys think Lego will consider making sets for HBO Max movies or series?

I know we don't even know if 3 out of 4 2022 theatrical movies will get sets, but Batgirl, Blue Beetle or Static Shock sound like they could make great sets. Same goes for Green Lantern or Michael B. Jordan Val-Zod series.

2 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I know we don't even know if 3 out of 4 2022 theatrical movies will get sets, but Batgirl, Blue Beetle or Static Shock sound like they could make great sets. Same goes for Green Lantern or Michael B. Jordan Val-Zod series.

I could see Lego having unofficial products for HBO Max content, something like the 2016 "Suicide Squad" sets that simply included Batman-related squad members so they could still pass it off as a Batman set

Luckily Batgirl, Blue Beetle, and Static Shock are all somewhat affiliated with Batman one way or another, so Lego can still do what they love most and include them in a $80 Batmech vs Jokerbike set or something :hmpf:

Personally I would love a Static Shock, even if its just a one off minifig like Shazam in the 2019 Batwing set

16 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Excellent question, haven’t really thought about that yet! :sweet: So far, they’ve collaborated with Netflix and Disney+, so I don’t see why they wouldn’t be willing to give HBO Max a shot, especially given its relation to WB :thumbup: One clear issue though is its availability. Currently, it’s barely accessible outside NA, so making sets based on material exclusive to a streaming service unavailable to a lot of customers wouldn’t be a good idea.

I guess once it’s more widespread and has exclusive movies/shows that would make good set material, they might test the waters. They were also pretty careful when it comes to Disney+ after all and didn’t dive in head-first :snicker:

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Excellent question, haven’t really thought about that yet! :sweet: So far, they’ve collaborated with Netflix and Disney+, so I don’t see why they wouldn’t be willing to give HBO Max a shot, especially given its relation to WB :thumbup: One clear issue though is its availability. Currently, it’s barely accessible outside NA, so making sets based on material exclusive to a streaming service unavailable to a lot of customers wouldn’t be a good idea.

I guess once it’s more widespread and has exclusive movies/shows that would make good set material, they might test the waters. They were also pretty careful when it comes to Disney+ after all and didn’t dive in head-first :snicker:

Yeah, while it's only available on both American contents, they plan to expand to Europe (and maybe even further) at the beginning of 2022.

Seeing as Peacemaker comes out in January, I don't see them releasing a movie until at least Summer or Fall. They haven't even started shooting any of them. Same for the Green Lantern series.

Well, fingers crossed. 

2 hours ago, Mountain Drew said:

I could see Lego having unofficial products for HBO Max content, something like the 2016 "Suicide Squad" sets that simply included Batman-related squad members so they could still pass it off as a Batman set

Luckily Batgirl, Blue Beetle, and Static Shock are all somewhat affiliated with Batman one way or another, so Lego can still do what they love most and include them in a $80 Batmech vs Jokerbike set or something :hmpf:

Personally I would love a Static Shock, even if its just a one off minifig like Shazam in the 2019 Batwing set

This is the preferred method. I honesty always see a few designs in the cinematic interpretations that don’t work for me, in every other DC film I watch. Sometimes the costumes are amazing (Shazam and his family) but other times I definitely am not interested in the designs (Black Canary/Cassandra Cain (BoP), Doomsday in BvS, Aquaman being played by Jason Mamoa (still think he should have been Lobo) etc). Considering how divisive some of the casting and costume choices have been for me on a personal level, I will make the selfish statement that moving forward unless its a big blockbuster event including major characters I would prefer an unofficial comic tie in as not all cinematic costumes work for me. I would love for these films to bring relevance to the characters enough for them to be included in sets, but generally don’t need those specific costumes in my collection. To each his own tho

In any event call me crazy but I’m somewhat excited for the next year because literally everyone and their grandma is complaining about the state of this theme and a part of me has some sort of twisted perspective that all the shit talk on insta and on here fans have made may lead to Lego feeling a bit more confident releasing more content moving forward considering the vocal demand for it. We’ll see tho. 

Let's be honest, if DC can start consistently pumping out quality movies and shows people actually want to see and get people talking, we'll see more sets. As it is, DC has faded far and fast in the cultural zeitgeist. Most of the discussion around DC/WB as of late has been pretty negative and frankly, much of it deserved. The Snydercut was extremely divisive and while the Suicide Squad sequel is getting rave reviews, will enough people see it? Will it have an impact on pop culture or fade away after a week or 2? Even if it does, will the next movie be any good? How about the one after that? The problem is DC sets are,  and will continue to be a gamble for LEGO until they can consistently make films and series people want to see. It sucks, but there you have it. "What about comic-based sets?" You might say; well. Like it or not, the success or failure of the film franchise has a significant impact on related media and whether or not a company like LEGO wants to produce merchandise associated with that content.

I'm looking forward to the Tumbler, I've often kicked myself for not getting tge original and if the new one comes with a nice little stand like the classic Batmobile, even better! I really do hope we get some unofficial Suicide Squad sets in tge future though. I so desperately want a King Shark bigfig.... :cry_sad:

Edited by ToaDraco

I hate all this dceu talk

Sure wb has made many mistakes but let's not pretend that lego isn't extremely lazy when it comes to making sets

It was a miracle that they decided to give the dc cmf a go

Edited by thephantasm

4 hours ago, thephantasm said:

Sure wb has made many mistakes but let's not pretend that lego isn't extremely lazy when it comes to making sets

That's budget and revenue related though. Why would LEGO as a business invest in sets that don't sell well anyway?

38 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

That's budget and revenue related though. Why would LEGO as a business invest in sets that don't sell well anyway?

No

Lego made generic bat sets this year and last. They could have done better. Now they are making builds that we actually want

On 8/3/2021 at 9:11 PM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Considering none of the CW series got sets I am going to say probably not. Comic tie-ins like 2016's SS is more likely.

7 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Considering none of the CW series got sets I am going to say probably not. Comic tie-ins like 2016's SS is more likely.

CW and HBO Max are a whole another thing.

In the same way none of the Marvel Netflix, Hulu or ABC series got sets, yet MCU Disney+ series did get them.

15 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

CW and HBO Max are a whole another thing.

In the same way none of the Marvel Netflix, Hulu or ABC series got sets, yet MCU Disney+ series did get them.

Are you saying CW and HBO are different to each other or they're both different from D+?

9 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Are you saying CW and HBO are different to each other or they're both different from D+?

Forgot to add "from each other".

Yeah, I meant that CW and HBO Max work on completely different rules. HBO Max is basically DC's Disney+.

On 8/3/2021 at 9:35 PM, BrickBob Studpants said:

Do other countries not have alternatives? In tge UK, the new Justice League was shown on Sky Cinema, mainly because they're the reason we can't have HBO Max here. Is this not standard elsewhere?