Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Now if only the minifig scale Tumbler set images would leak already...almost every other major set that's releasing in September/October has gotten pictures revealed.

16 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Exactly what I did but on Bricks & Pieces (I made some minor improvements). I looked into buying the sticker and it was as much as the set’s secondary market value itself! :wacko:

Yeah, it's really insane how a single sticker can cost that much. I made some improvements to mine too, mainly replacing every piece that wasn't black (besides the side engine details) and fixing the back area along with the fins. Though I think I messed up when changing the rear tire axle piece to a Technic 8 instead of the Technic 9 that came in the set, because the wheels really don't roll as smooth as I thought they would now...

2022 will be the first year where we get 2 different Batmobiles in 2 different live-action DC movies. 

Lego will carefully prepare for 2022 :tongue:

13 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

2022 will be the first year where we get 2 different Batmobiles in 2 different live-action DC movies. 

Lego will carefully prepare for 2022 :tongue:

Don’t forget 10 years of DC too. I think 3+ batmobiles wouldn’t be out of the question 

12 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Don’t forget 10 years of DC too. I think 3+ batmobiles wouldn’t be out of the question 

I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again.

Also with the two regular Batmobiles that have/will release this year that’ll be potentially 5 on the market at the same time!

41 minutes ago, TheBatstan said:

Now if only the minifig scale Tumbler set images would leak already...almost every other major set that's releasing in September/October has gotten pictures revealed.

It’ll come eventually!

41 minutes ago, TheBatstan said:

Yeah, it's really insane how a single sticker can cost that much. I made some improvements to mine too, mainly replacing every piece that wasn't black (besides the side engine details) and fixing the back area along with the fins. Though I think I messed up when changing the rear tire axle piece to a Technic 8 instead of the Technic 9 that came in the set, because the wheels really don't roll as smooth as I thought they would now...

I changed the exterior pieces to black too. At least the ones that could be seen. You could see tan pieces from the outside :sceptic:

1 hour ago, Anonknee Muss said:

I changed the exterior pieces to black too. At least the ones that could be seen. You could see tan pieces from the outside :sceptic:

Tan, yellow, light bluish grey, etc. I get they did that so that the instructions would be easy to understand and not trying to decipher a black blob of pieces, but it just doesn't look right.

3 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

As long as they have different designs,  more for the batcave!

I liked that idea that arkham asylum might be a set release next year for the 10 years.  If they do, I would love for it to be on the same par the bugle. 

Oh and how many mechs does Marvel have this year? 

I wonder what they'll do for 10th anniversary.  Hypothetically, seeing as we always get golden minifigures, I think there are 2 options:

1. We get Justice League members as golden minifigs, and we get a JL wave.

2. We get Batman and his family and / or villains as golden minifigs, and we get another Batman wave.

On top if that we'll also get DC movie sets, like The Batman (and hopefully the other 3 too).

5 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

Oh and how many mechs does Marvel have this year? 

8. 5 of them are the £9/$10 mechs i wish we had in the DC line too.

10 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

If they do something for this I really hope they go for something a bit different and not a remake. Or conversely remakes of the original line so we can have updated Penguin subs and Scarecrow biplane etc.

6 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

If they do something for this I really hope they go for something a bit different and not a remake. Or conversely remakes of the original line so we can have updated Penguin subs and Scarecrow biplane etc.

I’ll be disappointed if they skip the 10th anniversary celebrations.

There’s always the 20th anniversary of LEGO Batman in 2026.

7 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

I liked that idea that arkham asylum might be a set release next year for the 10 years.  If they do, I would love for it to be on the same par the bugle. 

I'll just put this out there again incase Lego are reading :laugh: Please do an Arkham Asylum Modular like the Harry Potter sets this year :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Anonknee Muss said:

I’ll be disappointed if they skip the 10th anniversary celebrations.

There’s always the 20th anniversary of LEGO Batman in 2026.

It would be unfair, not least because other themes have been celebrated. I’m really hoping the next raft of DC films will be well enough received that the increasingly reactionary Lego will do something positive.

2 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

It would be unfair, not least because other themes have been celebrated. I’m really hoping the next raft of DC films will be well enough received that the increasingly reactionary Lego will do something positive.

Same. Especially with the kid-oriented Super Pets movie coming out next year. Even if we see no direct sets I think it sahould indicate to LEGO DC will be in the back of the minds of children.

2 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Same. Especially with the kid-oriented Super Pets movie coming out next year. Even if we see no direct sets I think it sahould indicate to LEGO DC will be in the back of the minds of children.

Well that’s a feasible set in itself. Two of the characters have already been made, and a cat mould exists. This really would be a left field way to get a kangaroo!

44 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

Well that’s a feasible set in itself. Two of the characters have already been made, and a cat mould exists. This really would be a left field way to get a kangaroo!

And a squirrel! Providing either B'dg or Ch'p are in the film.

The we would just have to wait until City reuses the mold so we get a normal version of the new animals.

9 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

Yes, PLEASE!  I remember always wanting a lot of those sets, but the secondary market price has always been high.  Even 10-12 years ago, Arkham was like $300+ and the Batcave was at least $500 for new copies.  

3 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

And a squirrel! Providing either B'dg or Ch'p are in the film.

The we would just have to wait until City reuses the mold so we get a normal version of the new animals.

Oh absolutely either of those guys, always appreciate a Lantern. And then also the opportunity to make an Australian wildlife set/series would be too good to give up :moar: 

48 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

Yes, PLEASE!  I remember always wanting a lot of those sets, but the secondary market price has always been high.  Even 10-12 years ago, Arkham was like $300+ and the Batcave was at least $500 for new copies.  

I’ve acquired a couple of them over the years but not completed the series for the very reason you mentioned. 

Was the online market price for the original Batman sets THAT bad even 10-12 years back? Those prices are the same as what they go for today, if not slightly higher. I wasn't really allowed to be using eBay back around 2009-2011 as I was still a kid, but I always thought the sets were reasonably priced at first before spiraling out of control on the secondary market. I still can't believe I saw this image of a sealed 2006 Batcave a few years ago that shows it was originally bought for $30 USD. 30. Dollars. 

Meanwhile I'm currently trying to negotiate with a seller to see if he can part with his sealed 7888 Tumbler set for $500 so that I can complete my collection...and I consider that to be a deal since it now goes for minimum $900 or even $1000.

Edited by TheBatstan

7 minutes ago, TheBatstan said:

Was the online market price for the original Batman sets THAT bad even 10-12 years back? Those prices are the same as what they go for today, if not slightly higher. I wasn't really allowed to be using eBay back around 2009-2011 as I was still a kid, but I always thought the sets were reasonably priced at first before spiraling out of control on the secondary market. I still can't believe I saw this image of a sealed 2006 Batcave a few years ago that shows it was originally bought for $30 USD. 30. Dollars. 

Meanwhile I'm currently trying to negotiate with a seller to see if he can part with his sealed 7888 Tumbler set for $500 so that I can complete my collection...and I consider that to be a deal since it now goes for minimum $900 or even $1000.

From what I remember, they've been super high for a while now.  I definitely remember at the very least the original Batcave was $400+ for a new copy circa 2010-ish.  Even stuff like the original Catcycle Chase or the Mr. Freeze buggy from 2008, I remember those being like $100 for new copies around 2012-ish, when they were only 4-6 years old.  I have a similar story, I remember reading a post on, I think Brickset, about a guy that found the original 2006 Batman wave at some retail closeout store (I wanna say Tuesday Morning, may have been Marshall's or something though) in 2007 or 2008 for, like, 80% off everything.  

2006-2008 Batman prices did become really crazy. I haven't looked at them in a while, but I do remember that when LEGO first announced that they had the DC license in 2011 there was a lot of excitement because of how expensive the sets and minifigures had become. I think that the original theme probably hit at the wrong time. Batman really blew up again after The Dark Knight, which came out the year that the original line ended. So if your demand suddenly goes up when you are winding down a line which never sold much before, which means that you didn't produce much those aftermarket prices are going to be ridiculous.... Probably why the first thing LEGO did in 2012 was just remake a bunch of the 2006 sets.

A new Penguin sub would be good. I have been pretty Batman'd out after the last couple of waves, but I'd splurge on a Penguin sub day one. I have too many memories of it in the Adam West movie not to. :P I'd be open to another Arkham too. But please, if they are celebrating the 10 anniversary, let there be some love for Superman and the Justice League....

2 hours ago, TheBatstan said:

I came out of my dark age when the line was rebooted ten years ago, and read that there were earlier sets. The prices were obscene then, one of the worst in terms of price per piece was the Bat Buggy and Mr Freeze set. The Brick Link prices for a “new” set right now are up in the £140 area for a 66 piece set, and it hasn’t really changed much in that time.

Yeesh. For years I kept thinking that if I just bought them on eBay back when the line was just discontinued, I could've got them for a good deal. But I guess it doesn't matter if I bought them online in 2009 or 2019, it's been stuck like this from the start. That guy that found the 2006 wave for 80% off won the Lego lottery, it sounds like something that can only exist in your dreams.

A part of me still wonders if Lego ever thought about reviving the theme prior to 2011 after noticing how popular it became right as they shut it down when The Dark Knight and the first Lego Batman game turned the sets into buildable goldmines. Lego has definitely made up for that mistake by keeping the DC line going for a decade now (and even recently with the past few years being strictly Batman sets), but nothing will ever have that same feeling as the original Batman theme did. The only thing that's kind of come close to it was the Accessory Pack from this year with the updated 2006/Hush Batsuit.

I remember stumbling upon this old Eurobricks forum with users speculating about a possible 2009 wave of Batman sets before the discontinuation news got out, and the amount of ideas for sets and new minifigures that were thrown around were amazing. Reading all the enthusiasm in that forum now is a little depressing because we know there was never going to be a 2009 wave, but I would've killed to have gotten figures like Ra's al Ghul, Mad Hatter, or Clayface in the original Batman design style. A GCPD set from that era with a Bat-Signal on the roof and minifigures like Commissioner Gordon and Batgirl based on their game designs still has me drooling for what could've been if Lego just waited till the end of 2008 to see if they should've pulled the plug or not.

Edited by TheBatstan

I want a modern wave of the 2006 Batman sets. Those are some of my favorite Lego sets of all time

On 7/18/2021 at 6:08 PM, Anonknee Muss said:

8. 5 of them are the £9/$10 mechs i wish we had in the DC line too.

Me too! Such a let down we didn't!

On 7/18/2021 at 8:10 PM, upliftingbricks said:

I'll just put this out there again incase Lego are reading :laugh: Please do an Arkham Asylum Modular like the Harry Potter sets this year :thumbup:

2 thumbs up!  Give us something!

14 hours ago, TheBatstan said:

I ended up procuring all the sets from 06 to 08. All second hand,  some with instructions some not,  some with original boxes some with none. 

Took me 4 years, but I got there! 

The jewel in my DC collection! 

We will probably get our next trailer for The Batman at this year’s Dc Fandome which is taking place in October as opposed to August (like last year). We should get a better idea of what we could get in the sets in January (they might even be revealed at Fandome).

40 minutes ago, Lionbear8 said:

Me too! Such a let down we didn't!

A Flash Mech would have been unnecessary but cool!