Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

5 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

Is there still a slight chance the smaller Tumbler could be a GWP with the D2C/UCS Tumbler or has rumor that “officially” been debunked by leakers?

I don't think it's a GWP this time because it was given a price from the very beginning when it was first leaked (the 1989 Batmobile GWP had a price of $30 USD/40 CAD but that was only if you looked it up on Lego Shop@Home). I also remember seeing the placeholder info for it listed on the Walmart.com website before it got removed recently, so it's definitely not something that's just exclusive to Lego Stores or a freebie.

32 minutes ago, TheBatstan said:

I don't think it's a GWP this time because it was given a price from the very beginning when it was first leaked (the 1989 Batmobile GWP had a price of $30 USD/40 CAD but that was only if you looked it up on Lego Shop@Home). I also remember seeing the placeholder info for it listed on the Walmart.com website before it got removed recently, so it's definitely not something that's just exclusive to Lego Stores or a freebie.

Awesome, sounds good. Really happy I’m not gonna have to purchase the bigger Tumbler. I’ve already got the first version and can’t imagine they’re going to be drastically different.

Edited by Moon_Knight

Obviously I have no access to Lego's market research but I feel like they could have made a minfig scale batpod or bat set, with catwoman, scarecrow and bane

Prettyyyyyy sure it would have at least the same demand as the 66 batmobile had

8 hours ago, Moon_Knight said:

Is there still a slight chance the smaller Tumbler could be a GWP with the D2C/UCS Tumbler or has that rumor “officially” been debunked by leakers?

There was no rumour like that.

It's a regular set, the price is 40€ and it's sold in retailers.

There’s nothing on Brickset to indicate there’s a DC GWP. There’s also 6 DC set numbers that haven’t been revealed. 2 of them are the 2 Tumblers. Another 1 is a Polybag. That leaves 3 set numbers we know nothing about. The regular set numbers are 76179, 76181 & 76183. As well as 76239 & 76240. Can we assume 76239 & 76240 are Tumblers and the other 3 are for The Batman? I would have thought the set numbers for The Batman would be consecutive, I guess they almost are.

7 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

There’s nothing on Brickset to indicate there’s a DC GWP. There’s also 6 DC set numbers that haven’t been revealed. 2 of them are the 2 Tumblers. Another 1 is a Polybag. That leaves 3 set numbers we know nothing about. The regular set numbers are 76179, 76181 & 76183. As well as 76239 & 76240. Can we assume 76239 & 76240 are Tumblers and the other 3 are for The Batman? I would have thought the set numbers for The Batman would be consecutive, I guess they almost are.

Maybe the set numbers changed due to the delay.

Any theories on what the polybag might be about?

45 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Any theories on what the polybag might be about?

I thought there was supposed to be a polybag based on The Batman, in which case we won’t get to see it this year :tongue:

9 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Yes 3 Batman movie sets 76179 at $15, 76181 at $40, and 76183 at $70 

10 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Yes 3 Batman movie sets 76179 at $15, 76181 at $40, and 76183 at $70 

Thank you Falcon, just wanted to double check.

10 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I think it was just a false rumor created from non-leakers that believed because we were getting both the minifig sized tumbler and the UCS tumbler that it'd be the same situation as the 89 batmobile. Glad it was indeed a false rumor.

16 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I'd certainly seen it in a couple of places so there was a rumour. Thing with rumours is there needs to be no truth to them.

If people suggest it is happening whether it is completely made up by the person spreading it or not it is still a rumour.

Some rumors come from more reputable sources giving them a higher level of believability or higher chance of being true, but rumours without substance are still rumours.

I suspect they will reveal the minifig scale tumbler together with the d2c (which I suspect is a ucs tumbler)

So the question is, when is lego going to reveal the next d2c

1 hour ago, thephantasm said:

I suspect they will reveal the minifig scale tumbler together with the d2c (which I suspect is a ucs tumbler)

I don’t think we’ve seen a D2C get revealed 3 months early so we may have to wait until closer to the time. I think you could be right in the guess that they will be revealed together.

3 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

I don’t think we’ve seen a D2C get revealed 3 months early so we may have to wait until closer to the time.

We just did though :tongue: The pickup truck gets released in October

7 hours ago, timemail said:

I'd certainly seen it in a couple of places so there was a rumour. Thing with rumours is there needs to be no truth to them.

If people suggest it is happening whether it is completely made up by the person spreading it or not it is still a rumour.

Some rumors come from more reputable sources giving them a higher level of believability or higher chance of being true, but rumours without substance are still rumours.

Sorry, I didn't phrase that right- I meant a rumour from a credible source.

1 hour ago, thephantasm said:

Nah.

The D2Cs (usually) get revealed VERY close to their release date. As far as I'm concerned we don't have a specific date for the Tumbler, it's just Fall.

Even if it is October 1st, same as4the 40€ Tumbler, that would mean it'd be revealed like in the middle of September, or even later - but a regular retailer set would leak at least a month before its release date.

37 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

We just did though :tongue: The pickup truck gets released in October

Oh I only paid half attention to it, I didn’t realise it was an October release.

In the past LEGO has revealed DC sets at SDCC so maybe we will see the Tumbler(s) revealed next weekend?

Edited by Anonknee Muss

On 7/16/2021 at 8:51 AM, Anonknee Muss said:

In the past LEGO has revealed DC sets at SDCC so maybe we will see the Tumbler(s) revealed next weekend?

That or an exclusive set and minifiguare!

Hotwheels is doing a first appearance Batmobile. 

Nice red vehicle,  would make a great lego set!

Also for you bat diehard fans,  the same company making the 89 vehicle for the Flash movie,  teased a logo that is very similar to the Batman and Robin movie.  

That vehicle was pretty much a hot rod!

The Batman is coming!

#Keatongivesbeatings

And based on those pics, the 1989 Batmobile looks exactly like how it did in the Burton movies. I was worried they might try to "modernize" it, but you really can't improve upon perfection.

Now Lego can really get a second chance to improve upon the GWP Batmobile and make it a little more accurate this time.

Edited by TheBatstan

46 minutes ago, TheBatstan said:

And based on those pics, the 1989 Batmobile looks exactly like how it did in the Burton movies. I was worried they might try to "modernize" it, but you really can't improve upon perfection.

Now Lego can really get a second chance to improve upon the GWP Batmobile and make it a little more accurate this time.

And release it, well, not as a GWP :tongue:

It was a great set as a GWP, but it kinda sucked that our first system scale 89 Batmobile wasn't a regular retailer set, but a gift for buying a 200€ version of it.

15 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It was a great set as a GWP, but it kinda sucked that our first system scale 89 Batmobile wasn't a regular retailer set, but a gift for buying a 200€ version of it.

Oh yeah, that too :grin:. I was never really bothered by that since you could buy all the pieces for it on Bricklink, you'd only have some tough luck if you wanted the box or the sticker for the display stand/the only exclusive "piece" of the entire set.

But even though it was great set, there was still a lot of room for improvement. I've said it before, but I'll have no issue buying another version of it if this new one updates the previous design with things like being able to fit two minifigures this time, round 1x1 tiles with a printed bat logo for the hubcaps, brick built fins instead of those single fin pieces, and maybe if a miracle happens we could get a more accurate looking windscreen piece that gives it the split window look (or at least a sticker that gives it that effect). Bonus points if the cockpit could slide forward and not be on a hinge piece to open it for once.

44 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It was a great set as a GWP, but it kinda sucked that our first system scale 89 Batmobile wasn't a regular retailer set, but a gift for buying a 200€ version 

That would be great!

48 minutes ago, TheBatstan said:

Oh yeah, that too :grin:. I was never really bothered by that since you could buy all the pieces for it on Bricklink, you'd only have some tough luck if you wanted the box or the sticker for the display stand/the only exclusive "piece" of the entire set.

Exactly what I did but on Bricks & Pieces (I made some minor improvements). I looked into buying the sticker and it was as much as the set’s secondary market value itself! :wacko:

18 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

That or an exclusive set and minifiguare!

Hotwheels is doing a first appearance Batmobile. 

Nice red vehicle,  would make a great lego set!

I would love that as a LEGO set!!