Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

30 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

I have a very strong feeling it will be Joker, for various reasons: 
- LEGO loves giving us Joker figures.  
- The aftermarket prices for the existing figure have gone through the roof. 
- Ledger's portrayal is still considered one of the best Jokers ever. 
- The Dark Knight is a lot of fans favorite Batman film. 

That said I don't even care that much which villain they'd include as all of them would be interesting to get but I would personally kill for a figure of Anne Hathaway's Catwoman to be included :excited:

Yeah, no also the 1966 Batmobile had only Batman and Joker, so I think it would be logical to assume the same for that set.

Saying that, even if it is the Joker, I hope they give us Two-Face to go along with him.

39 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Wouldn't it make more sense to include Joker in the D2C Tumbler rather than the $40 one? Or do you think he's included in both? I hope not, I want to see Two-Face and/or Bane :laugh:

14 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Wouldn't it make more sense to include Joker in the D2C Tumbler rather than the $40 one? Or do you think he's included in both? I hope not, I want to see Two-Face and/or Bane :laugh:

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they put him in both :tongue:

43 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they put him in both :tongue:

Well, depends on how they approach it. If one of the Jokers is the nurse version, I wouldn't complain about getting him in both sets :laugh_hard:

I think that from business POV it would be good to have exclusive minfigure(s) in the D2C Tumbler.

I'll still go with my idea that the 40€ one is based on Batman Begins, with BB Batman, Scarecrow and Ras' al Ghul, while the D2C is based on The Dark Knight, with TDK Batman, Joker and Two-Face. 

I know it sounds too good to be true but it also sounds so damn cool.

2 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

I really hope this set does well so we can get more Dark Knight Trilogy sets down the line. 

Honestly, we just need more sets from past DC movies.

Not necessarily only DCEU (or however you wanna call the thing that started in 2013), but just DC movies in general.

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I know it sounds too good to be true but it also sounds so damn cool.

That’s definitely the best case scenario, so it won’t happen :grin: The absolute worst case would be a comic-inspired Tumbler with the same old Batsy & Joker minifigs (SO SICK of that 2012 Joker faceprint, give him a new one for Ole’s sake!). So the truth is probably somewhere in the middle, meaning repeated minifigs between the two sets and one exclusive minifig in the D2C :shrug_oh_well:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

6 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The absolute worst case would be a comic-inspired Tumbler with the same old Batsy & Joker minifigs (SO SICK of that 2012 Joker faceprint, give him a new one for Ole’s sake!). 

He got a new faceprint in 2019. It wasn't anything groundbreaking but still new :shrug_oh_well:

7 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

He got a new faceprint in 2019. It wasn't anything groundbreaking but still new :shrug_oh_well:

It's only a new alternate expression on one side, that doesn't count :tongue: I meant an entirely new design. The one we currently have isn't bad, but I want a redesign just for the sake of variety (maybe one inspired by the animated series). A new hairpiece wouldn't hurt either 

If this turns into a Batmobile collection thing then a different villain or Bat family member would be grand, and if it’s a repeated character then the balance should be struck by having an exclusive Batsuit. I mean if they want to do this then they can at least put the effort in, as the potential is there for it to be quite the standout line.

53 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

That’s definitely the best case scenario, so it won’t happen :grin: The absolute worst case would be a comic-inspired Tumbler with the same old Batsy & Joker minifigs (SO SICK of that 2012 Joker faceprint, give him a new one for Ole’s sake!). So the truth is probably somewhere in the middle, meaning repeated minifigs between the two sets and one exclusive minifig in the D2C :shrug_oh_well:

I, on the other hand, am bothered by that hairpiece. I hate it for Joker, and I hate how it's been used for what, a decade now? There are so many more interesting choices for his hair...

Like I've said before, if Lego does decide to go with Joker for both Tumbler sets, I can see one of the variants being his vest look that he had when he was in his prison cell/the interrogation scene. The vest printing and sleeves would make it different enough from the last version that had the purple coat on. And like the '66 Joker in the Batmobile set getting an updated torso and legs that pretty much looked 99% identical to the one from the '66 Batcave, the other Joker could be the same full purple coat design but with *slightly* different printing compared to the last one. Or who knows, Lego might finally give us Nurse Joker just for kicks.

I can't wait to see the Batman minifigure they go with though. For years I've had to put up with owning the original 2008 Dark Knight and 2013 Dark Knight Rises minifigures that were both completely inaccurate thanks to being dark grey instead of all black like it's supposed to be. Hell, I remember using a black Sharpie to make the 2008 minifigure more "accurate" (I was 9 alright). Up till now, the only way to get a proper all black Nolan Batsuit was either spending too much on Bricklink for the Batman Begins suit, or praying for a miracle that someone lists the 2011 New York Comic-Con exclusive Dark Knight/Rises Batman figure for a good price.

Personally I hope we get the best of both worlds with the Begins Batsuit with the minifigure scale Tumbler, and the Dark Knight Batsuit with the new D2C Tumbler, mainly because I associate the Begins suit with the Tumbler more as that was the suit he wore the longest while he had the Tumbler. The Dark Knight Batsuit was only used with the Tumbler for maybe 5 minutes before it got blown up and he switched to using the Bat-Pod/The Bat for the remainder of the trilogy.

Edited by TheBatstan

13 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

- The aftermarket prices for the existing figure have gone through the roof. 
- Ledger's portrayal is still considered one of the best Jokers ever. 
- The Dark Knight is a lot of fans favorite Batman film. 

That said I don't even care that much which villain they'd include as all of them would be interesting to get but I would personally kill for a figure of Anne Hathaway's Catwoman to be included :excited:

I’d love for a great Heath Ledger joker available for $40. That said, it’d be great to see some goons, maybe Scarecrow as well. 

15 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

If all of what you say is really true, why did LEGO spend over a decade making primarily non-film-based DC Superheroes sets, including three DC CMF series (yes I'd count the two TLBM series as DC series)? Were kids really not liking all of those sets for years, and LEGO was pouring money down the drain?

Besides for BvS and Justice League and not counting the D2Cs, LEGO has made a maximum of one set per any other DC live action film. Even for the mega successful Aquaman film, they made one set, and after the movie was out they released a set with Ocean Master, but a comics Ocean Master and a Batsub.

Maybe something has changed in a decade, and kids don't recognise DC characters as much as they used to. Perhaps we'll see a real shift, and more sets directly based on the films. Given the way LEGO has handled the DC line in the past, that's far from a sure thing.

kind of what I was getting at as well. Shazam and Deadshot released on years that they appears in DCCU films, but not in DCCU sets. Shazam came in a polybag and a $40 comic set, and Deadshot in a $25 Batman set. Neither based off the Suicide Squad or Shazam movies directly. I’m somehow crazy for saying I hope Mary Marvel and Black Adam appear in the same manner. There’s a precedence for what I was suggesting 🤷🏻 

Edited by cosmic

This is purely anecdotal, but today when I visited a lego store, there still was less than half a box of dc cmf but a full box of disney series 2

11 minutes ago, thephantasm said:

This is purely anecdotal, but today when I visited a lego store, there still was less than half a box of dc cmf but a full box of disney series 2

What Lego store was this

7 minutes ago, cosmic said:

What Lego store was this

A singapore lego store

Lego certified store

Both cmfs were discounted, but dc cmf was being sold at $4.50 (usual price is 6.50 singapore dollars)

And the disney cmf was being solf for 3.50

Edited by thephantasm

4 hours ago, cosmic said:

Shazam and Deadshot released on years that they appears in DCCU films, but not in DCCU sets. 

Touché, I completely forgot about Shazam :blush: Deadshot, Killer Croc, Captain Boomerang, and Katana being relegated to comic-inspired tie-in sets made sense, but I still don’t get why they didn’t release at least one set based on the Shazam movie. It’s one of the better DCEU movies! …which of course they couldn’t know when the 2019 sets were designed. They probably had little faith in it and felt it was safer to throw him into a Batman set :shrug_oh_well:

But after the success of that movie, I don’t think they’ll repeat that mistake. Even if you prefer the comic versions, isn’t it better to get a proper set based on a property like Black Adam rather than a random Batman set with that character thrown in as a bonus? :tongue:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

As for the Suicide Squad movie, it may be pretty hard for some toys companies to market toys based on something called The Suicide Squad...

16 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

As for the Suicide Squad movie, it may be pretty hard for some toys companies to market toys based on something called The Suicide Squad...

Exactly. The movie itself wasn’t much of an issue, being rated PG-13 and all, but the name definitely was :snicker:

The upcoming sequel however never stood a chance in terms of tie-in sets, given its R-rating. Even comic-inspired ones would have been somewhat iffy by indirectly advertising the movie to kids

I want a lego bloodsport and starro faceprint

Oh my gosh even the seinfeld set pics are out and still no tumbler

1 hour ago, thephantasm said:

Seinfeld gets released in roughly two weeks, so of course we’d have pictures of that set before we get to see the Tumbler :laugh:

3 hours ago, thephantasm said:

I want a lego bloodsport and starro faceprint

Ideas sets are much different, and also it releases this month, not in October. 

Saying that, we've literally seen every October set from the Super Heroes theme except for this one. I wonder why they didn't reveal this one with all the others? I understand why they didn't reveal Eternals sets, but the Tumbler? 

With the new Seinfeld Ideas set making the bald top hairpiece have black hair on the side instead of grey/white for the very first time, I really think the timing couldn't be better to FINALLY get an Alfred figure based on his appearance in DC Super Villains. The design in the game is practically a modernized version of how he looked in the 2006 Batman theme, he's the only version that also had black hair.

bK0xqTY.png

And if you don't count the Alfreds we got with the '66 Batcave or The Lego Batman Movie, there STILL hasn't been a standard DC Super Heroes/comics version of Alfred that's been made.

It's crazy that this theme is hitting 10 years next year, and not once has there been a decision to at least include him in one of the many Batcaves that have been made over that period of time. But thanks to the George Costanza figure getting that hairpiece, it's slightly more possible now.

10 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Ideas sets are much different, and also it releases this month, not in October. 

Saying that, we've literally seen every October set from the Super Heroes theme except for this one. I wonder why they didn't reveal this one with all the others? I understand why they didn't reveal Eternals sets, but the Tumbler? 

Is there still a slight chance the smaller Tumbler could be a GWP with the D2C/UCS Tumbler or has that rumor “officially” been debunked by leakers?

Edited by Moon_Knight