Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

20 minutes ago, TheBatstan said:

Holy Spanish Inquisition, high quality pics just came out of nowhere in the usual place of a Batman '66 cowl helmet/bust. And according to the Spanish Lego Shop@Home website that it was found from, this IS the 76238 set.

Looks all right, could be longer and the stand could have been thinner. Still gonna buy it for nostalgia’s sake bc I’m a sucker for anything 66

I love the build of this 1966 cowl especially compared to the other one, and it was a cool surprise! I’m absolutely done with the ridiculous helmet pricing, though. There’s no way this is worth $60. Forget about the abysmal price per piece ratio, it’s not even anywhere near the same size as all the other helmets! At least the other cowl had that going for it, and that one was already pretty overpriced. If LEGO will adjust the helmet pricing for Star Wars why can’t they do it for other themes?

WAS THE MYSTERY SET THE 66 COWL ARE YOU FRICKING SERIOUS

Smh a minifig scale tumbler could have saved this wave

WAIT THE TUMBLER IS STILL COMING 

But 66 cowl set... seriously...

Edited by thephantasm

I like that cowl a lot better than the first. Still not sure if they’re for me, but I appreciate the input.

Love this new set! A 66 Batmobile D2C and 66 Art set to complete the ultimate Batman adult Lego display would  be a treat if ever released. 

Well that's... disappointing. I was hoping for a set with actual minfigures and not another buildable thing...

The helmet itself is okay, definitely better than the regular one.

14 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I don't get the appeal of these

Seriously 

Yup, I'm with you on that one.  I assume the helmets are selling well and they figure there's crossover appeal in the demographics that are buying Star Wars helmets with those that might buy Batman cowls?

Blegh, that cowl looks as bad as the first one.  Wish it had been the 66 Batboat instead.

How come no one is talking about 76238? @Falconfan1414 posted over on instagram a massive rumor list where he listed this as a mystery $60 Batman set. This is separate from the $40 and $250 Tumbler’s. Any thoughts on what this might be? I’m pleasantly surprised to see one new set in the mix. Its rumored to be Batman I’m optimistic something fun may show up but I’m not holding my breath.

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

How come no one is talking about 76238? @Falconfan1414 posted over on instagram a massive rumor list where he listed this as a mystery $60 Batman set. This is separate from the $40 and $250 Tumbler’s. Any thoughts on what this might be? I’m pleasantly surprised to see one new set in the mix. Its rumored to be Batman I’m optimistic something fun may show up but I’m not holding my breath.

76238 is a 70€ Batman 1966 buildable cowl.

It was officially revealed yesterday, and it's already available for pre-order with an October 1st release date.

8 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

76238 is a 70€ Batman 1966 buildable cowl.

It was officially revealed yesterday, and it's already available for pre-order with an October 1st release date.

Awe man. I was really hoping it would bw a new retail set. Don’t know how the cowl slipped my mind. At least it seems enough small little sets were released that DC’s roster this year is not completely empty. But hopefully next year we get in normal sets what we got in these cowls and juniors sets this year.

HQ pics of the '66 cowl box are out. Getting images of this set that's not even due to come out till October makes me wonder if the same can happen for both the 76239 and 76240 Tumblers.

4 hours ago, TheBatstan said:

HQ pics of the '66 cowl box are out. Getting images of this set that's not even due to come out till October makes me wonder if the same can happen for both the 76239 and 76240 Tumblers.

I hope so... 👀

Photos have emerged of Shazam's new costume for Fury of the Gods, and I don't want to hold out hope for any sets as we didn't get any for the first one, but it's a dope suit and would make for a great figure.

It would also be cool to see the Shazamily appear in sets too, could've been a spoiler for the first film, but they could cover a whole wave just like Eternals with the Shazamily spread across sets with a couple repeats, and possibly brick built monsters (no idea who or what the villain is for this one)

6 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Photos have emerged of Shazam's new costume for Fury of the Gods, and I don't want to hold out hope for any sets as we didn't get any for the first one, but it's a dope suit and would make for a great figure.

It would also be cool to see the Shazamily appear in sets too, could've been a spoiler for the first film, but they could cover a whole wave just like Eternals with the Shazamily spread across sets with a couple repeats, and possibly brick built monsters (no idea who or what the villain is for this one)

The villains are human this time (well they're gods probably, but nevertheless they look like humans).

I love that idea. That's a take you don't hear frequently, but Shazam is probably my favourite live-action comicbook movie ever. I need sets for the sequel.

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The villains are human this time (well they're gods probably, but nevertheless they look like humans).

I love that idea. That's a take you don't hear frequently, but Shazam is probably my favourite live-action comicbook movie ever. I need sets for the sequel.

Totally agree with you there.

Realistically, best we'll get is figs of Billy and maybe some of his family thrown into more Batman sets. That's what happened last time.

I just think if a $60 Cowl is marketable, surely a $30 set with one new leaguer, a new villain or variant and a batman figure is also profitable? If fans will buy a cowl over $50 I’m sure there’s no reason we can’t see a small set with a few new figures in the coming years. I can’t imagine fans are more excited about a cowl then an actual set with figures, even if its small.

On 6/4/2021 at 6:44 PM, Xzmmc said:

Realistically, best we'll get is figs of Billy and maybe some of his family thrown into more Batman sets. That's what happened last time.

But last time, LEGO was just playing it safe. Shazam has proven itself to be a very popular franchise so 2023 LEGO DC sets remain to be seen.

15 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

But last time, LEGO was just playing it safe. Shazam has proven itself to be a very popular franchise so 2023 LEGO DC sets remain to be seen.

My hopes are here. If they can make a whole wave of sets for the Eternals on the pretext that it’s Marvel so it should be good, then they can take a risk and make a Shazam Family. There’s such a rich vein of characters coming in cinematic form, I’d be really pleased to see them in Lego.

I think im done with buying anymore batman sets unless they are based off of the tim burton or dark knight movies, Im still hoping next year we get some sets based off of The Flash, Aquaman 2 and Black Adam