Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

On 5/25/2021 at 12:37 AM, CreeperBrix said:

Ever since they revealed the D2C Bugle, I've been wanting them to do something similar for DC, like a Daily Planet or Wayne Tower. (personally, I'm hoping for a Planet with Christopher Reeves Superman)

Weren't there rumours of a D2C Daily Planet and a leaked (albeit very blurry) Jimmy Olson minifig?

51 minutes ago, JamPotStudios said:

Weren't there rumours of a D2C Daily Planet and a leaked (albeit very blurry) Jimmy Olson minifig?

Nah, just very fake leaks

I actually bought the Bugle and am in the process of modding it into the Planet. Doubt we'll ever get a legit one, so may as well.

1 hour ago, Xzmmc said:

I actually bought the Bugle and am in the process of modding it into the Planet. Doubt we'll ever get a legit one, so may as well.

I hope this ages poorly

The only way they'd make a D2C different than a Batvehicle was if they made all of them that ever existed... who am I kidding, they'd probably start remaking the ones they previously made then :ugh:

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The only way they'd make a D2C different than a Batvehicle was if they made all of them that ever existed... who am I kidding, they'd probably start remaking the ones they previously made then :ugh:

They are, in fact, doing just that if the Tumbler rumors are to be believed.

40 minutes ago, Childe_Roland said:

They are, in fact, doing just that if the Tumbler rumors are to be believed.

They are, it's happening. 

But I kinda meant the D2C Batvehicle line they started 2 years ago:

2019 - Batmobile (1989)

2020 - Batwing (1989)

2021 - Tumbler

And then so on. They'll have made every Batvehicle in like 2050, and then they'll start remaking ones from the past :roflmao:

5 hours ago, Xzmmc said:

Sounds like a fun project, cant wait to get some pictures!

8 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

They are, it's happening. 

But I kinda meant the D2C Batvehicle line they started 2 years ago:

2019 - Batmobile (1989)

2020 - Batwing (1989)

2021 - Tumbler

And then so on. They'll have made every Batvehicle in like 2050, and then they'll start remaking ones from the past :roflmao:

I bet you're right. Kinda sad as those sets only slightly appeal to me. I might consider the tumbler, but beyond that, it's a no for me.

31 minutes ago, Childe_Roland said:

I bet you're right. Kinda sad as those sets only slightly appeal to me. I might consider the tumbler, but beyond that, it's a no for me.

Yeah, same. 

I don't buy D2Cs at all (I've bought 2 of them in my life, and one of them I regret buying), but usually, when they revealed, I feel something like an itch and the feeling "I've got to have it". 

With these D2Cs, I don't feel it at all (maybe because vehicles don't appeal to me tbh).

29 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

(I've bought 2 of them in my life, and one of them I regret buying)

Which one is that?

15 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Which one is that?

I'm a huge Stranger Things fan, so I bought Upside Down. I love it to this day.

Then there's the Silent Mary... don't get me wrong, it's a fantastic set, but I bought it as more of an impulse after going to a hospital. I remember building it a day after and it was so fun (my last D2C), but now that I'm looking at it, I'm not a huge Pirates of Caribbean fan so I kinda regret buying it.

49 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Yeah, same. 

I don't buy D2Cs at all (I've bought 2 of them in my life, and one of them I regret buying), but usually, when they revealed, I feel something like an itch and the feeling "I've got to have it". 

With these D2Cs, I don't feel it at all (maybe because vehicles don't appeal to me tbh).

I understand the vehicle not appealing. I have a few D2C's, but all are building based with the exception of the USC Falcon, which I'm not sure if I'll keep in the long-term.

Edited by Childe_Roland

23 hours ago, cosmic said:

I hope this ages poorly

I do too, but it's unlikely. We'll probably get the weird Ice Sled thing from Batman & Robin before the Planet, Fortress of Solitude, Hall of Justice etc.

If by some miracle we do get a legit Planet, I'll just sell the Bugle.

I only recently gained an interest in the DC mythos, and while I love films like ZSJL, I'm not yet ready to splurge on DC sets. That said, I do want a small display for Batman. I've got my figure (newer cowl, head from BVS armored batman, older fabric cape, torso from sh204, dual-molded DBG/black legs), but I still need a batmobile. Does anyone have a recommendation for a definitive official batmobile (minifigure-sized, not UCS)?

Recommendations for Robin (Dick Grayson) or Joker (looking for a purple suit with laughing face and short green hair) parts are also very welcome if you have any reccomendations.

16 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I only recently gained an interest in the DC mythos, and while I love films like ZSJL, I'm not yet ready to splurge on DC sets. That said, I do want a small display for Batman. I've got my figure (newer cowl, head from BVS armored batman, older fabric cape, torso from sh204, dual-molded DBG/black legs), but I still need a batmobile. Does anyone have a recommendation for a definitive official batmobile (minifigure-sized, not UCS)?

Recommendations for Robin (Dick Grayson) or Joker (looking for a purple suit with laughing face and short green hair) parts are also very welcome if you have any reccomendations.

First off, welcome to the club.

In terms of a Batmobile, that's really where the answer lies in the eye of the beholder. There's been so many Batmobiles made over the years by Lego that it really comes down to a matter of preference. Do you prefer a sleek Batmobile, or a more tank-like Batmobile? This list on Brickset pretty much covers every single Batmobile big and small, movie or otherwise that Lego has released, which should be useful to show your options.

Personally I still have a big soft spot for the original 2006 version since it was the very first one, but I guess the definitive Batmobile for me would have to be the 40433 1989 Batmobile. Lego has made a number of Batmobiles in the past that were based on the 1989 design, but this one was their first "official" version of the 1989 Batmobile. It's sleek, it has a low profile, it even has a spinning flame feature when you move the back wheels. I know it goes for crazy prices online, but the good news is that nothing about the set is exclusive besides the sticker for the display stand. So unless you really wanted the box or the sticker, you can get all the pieces on Bricklink, or even modify it to look more accurate to the real thing (which is what I'm doing). But I'll still be collecting any of the major movie/TV Batmobiles that Lego will push out, including the alleged minifig scale Tumbler that's coming out in October, as well as the one from The Batman when it releases next year. 

For a Dick Grayson Robin, Lego has made a couple official versions of him. There's the 60s TV Series version which also doubles for his classic suit from the comics, just be prepared to pay a little extra for him. Besides that there's the more modern design based on his New 52 costume, his design from the 2003 Teen Titans cartoon, or even The Lego Batman Movie version (even though that's more of a parody). 

With Joker, you're options are a little thinner. I'm not really sure what you mean by short green hair, but besides the original 2006 version, Lego has been using the exact same Joker figure design since 2012 save for a few outfit changes here and there. This list features all the variants, but you'll find that most of them are the same excluding the Duplo, CMF, The Lego Batman Movie, and the Caesar Romero/Jack Nicholson/Heath Ledger minifigures.

Edited by TheBatstan

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Does anyone have a recommendation for a definitive official batmobile (minifigure-sized, not UCS)?

I personally love 76012, the Beware the Batman Batmobile. It's by no means an iconic version of the vehicle, but it is really nice nonetheless. I'd also suggest 76119 for more classic or 76045 for a more unique take.

@TheBatstan has made great notes for the various Robins, but my favorite Joker is the 2012 "reboot" figure. Perhaps TLBM main Joker with 2012's head and hair might be a good look.

For Robin, I'd go with the '66 figure with the Teen Titans' head, and any suitable black hairpiece (maybe New 52 for a look encompassing all three?) I'd also find a scalloped yellow cape, but that's more personal preference.

4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Does anyone have a recommendation for a definitive official batmobile (minifigure-sized, not UCS)?

Welcome to the dark side, try not to get sucked into the lack of joy regarding number of sets. 
That’s an interesting question, and I’d honestly struggle to answer definitively because I think everyone has their own favourite Batmobile, and discussion on the best/definitive/most iconic can prove endless. Batman has Batmobiles like society darlings have evening dresses, and he really has one for every event, much like his Batsuits. My personal favourite - the 1940s version with the red stripe and the massive fin - hasn’t been officially Legofied yet, but I do quite like the BvS and Beware the Batman cars. My favourite Batsuits are the ones that veer off the track somewhat, in particular the Knightmare suit. A Grayson favourite for me is the one that came in the Deathstroke set. Joker has needed a revamp for the best part of a decade, so I have a bashed version that uses the standard outfit and head with TLBM hair and coattails. Further than that, enjoy the surprising variety that the same characters and vehicles can provide.

7 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

To me, the Ultimate Batmobile is the best version of the car but excluding D2C’s and the original Batman line (just because I think the newer prints hold up well but if you have nostalgic connection to the older designs recommend the original Tumbler), I would go with the 2012 Batmobile. It comes with Two Face and a nice truck for him, the Bat design is rather classic and it even has a little bank. The Beware the Batman 2014 one is an amazing design but I think the figures of the 2012 one round the set out better. I don’t own the Jokerland but wouldn’t pick it up because the figure selection is weak (just order the Titans and exclusive Harley separate) and the side builds suck. On that note that 2015 Batmobile is also not the best. So I’d say within the current line, 2012 or 2014. Maybe both if you want.

On 5/30/2021 at 2:42 AM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Infuriating isn’t it? With the decision to remake a set that was already released in 2014 I have lost hope for this theme to ever touch any other concepts. It hurts to admit but we are never getting anything that isn’t Batman, or a vehicle, and any new designs are going to be few and far between. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Edited by cosmic

9 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

I personally love 76012, the Beware the Batman Batmobile. It's by no means an iconic version of the vehicle, but it is really nice nonetheless. I'd also suggest 76119 for more classic or 76045 for a more unique take.

@TheBatstan has made great notes for the various Robins, but my favorite Joker is the 2012 "reboot" figure. Perhaps TLBM main Joker with 2012's head and hair might be a good look.

For Robin, I'd go with the '66 figure with the Teen Titans' head, and any suitable black hairpiece (maybe New 52 for a look encompassing all three?) I'd also find a scalloped yellow cape, but that's more personal preference.

Definitely going with your joker suggestion. They've got to make him his own hairpiece soon, right? *looks at past few pages of thread and becomes immediately depressed regarding the state of the theme*

10 hours ago, TheBatstan said:

First off, welcome to the club.

In terms of a Batmobile, that's really where the answer lies in the eye of the beholder. There's been so many Batmobiles made over the years by Lego that it really comes down to a matter of preference. Do you prefer a sleek Batmobile, or a more tank-like Batmobile? This list on Brickset pretty much covers every single Batmobile big and small, movie or otherwise that Lego has released, which should be useful to show your options.

Personally I still have a big soft spot for the original 2006 version since it was the very first one, but I guess the definitive Batmobile for me would have to be the 40433 1989 Batmobile. Lego has made a number of Batmobiles in the past that were based on the 1989 design, but this one has everything to me. It's sleek, it has a low profile, it even has a spinning flame feature when you move the back wheels. I know it goes for crazy prices online, but the good news is that nothing about the set is exclusive besides the sticker for the display stand. So unless you really wanted the box or the sticker, you can get all the pieces on Bricklink, or even modify it to look more accurate to the real thing (which is what I'm doing). But I'll still be collecting any of the major movie/TV Batmobiles that Lego will push out, including the alleged minifig scale Tumbler that's coming out in October, as well as the one from The Batman when it releases next year. 

For a Dick Grayson Robin, Lego has made a couple official versions of him. There's the 60s TV Series version which also doubles for his classic suit from the comics, just be prepared to pay a little extra for him. Besides that there's the more modern design based on his New 52 costume, his design from the 2003 Teen Titans cartoon, or even The Lego Batman Movie version (even though that's more of a parody). 

With Joker, you're options are a little thinner. I'm not really sure what you mean by short green hair, but besides the original 2006 version, Lego has been using the exact same Joker figure design since 2012 save for a few outfit changes here and there. This list features all the variants, but you'll find that most of them are the same excluding the Duplo, CMF, The Lego Batman Movie, and the Caesar Romero/Jack Nicholson/Heath Ledger minifigures.

Holy cow, 40433 is amazing. I had looked through some batmobiles but the list I saw didn't count promos, so I missed it. 100% going for either 40433 (just buying the parts without the box and sticker) or 76119 for the batmobile, those are great suggestions and completely capture what I was hoping they'd have for a batmobile. I might actually end up making a sort of merge of the designs on stud.io and buying parts for that.

6 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

Welcome to the dark side, try not to get sucked into the lack of joy regarding number of sets. 
That’s an interesting question, and I’d honestly struggle to answer definitively because I think everyone has their own favourite Batmobile, and discussion on the best/definitive/most iconic can prove endless. Batman has Batmobiles like society darlings have evening dresses, and he really has one for every event, much like his Batsuits. My personal favourite - the 1940s version with the red stripe and the massive fin - hasn’t been officially Legofied yet, but I do quite like the BvS and Beware the Batman cars. My favourite Batsuits are the ones that veer off the track somewhat, in particular the Knightmare suit. A Grayson favourite for me is the one that came in the Deathstroke set. Joker has needed a revamp for the best part of a decade, so I have a bashed version that uses the standard outfit and head with TLBM hair and coattails. Further than that, enjoy the surprising variety that the same characters and vehicles can provide.

I'm totally using the deathstroke robin, maybe with a black domino mask.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions, I had no idea the batmobiles varied so much (and joker barely varies at all).

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Definitely going with your joker suggestion. They've got to make him his own hairpiece soon, right? *looks at past few pages of thread and becomes immediately depressed regarding the state of the theme*

Holy cow, 40433 is amazing. I had looked through some batmobiles but the list I saw didn't count promos, so I missed it. 100% going for either 40433 (just buying the parts without the box and sticker) or 76119 for the batmobile, those are great suggestions and completely capture what I was hoping they'd have for a batmobile. I might actually end up making a sort of merge of the designs on stud.io and buying parts for that.

I'm totally using the deathstroke robin, maybe with a black domino mask.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions, I had no idea the batmobiles varied so much (and joker barely varies at all).

The one substantially different joker is from the CMF inspiered from Frank Miller's Dark Knight. The hairpiece is different, although it's not the bright green you may be looking for. Just a mention.

All this Batmobile talk makes me realize I need to order the Ultimate Batmobile and 2012 Two Face set. They aged well and I waited to see if eventually a counterpart would be released to compete with those but 10 years into the line and I realize those are the best in my eyes.

Somewhat excited for next year. We will at least get one wave but I’m crossing my finger for a surprise or two. Manifesting a random new leaguer with good printing no one saw coming. 

Looks like we got another set on the way besides the 76239 minifig scale Tumbler and 76240 D2C Tumbler thanks to 1414falconfan on IG:

"76238: Lego Batman Unknown Set ($89.99 AUD)"

Holy Spanish Inquisition, high quality pics just came out of nowhere in the usual place of a Batman '66 cowl helmet/bust. And according to the Spanish Lego Shop@Home website that it was found from, this IS the 76238 set.

Edited by TheBatstan