Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, CreeperBrix said:

Ever since they revealed the D2C Bugle, I've been wanting them to do something similar for DC, like a Daily Planet or Wayne Tower. (personally, I'm hoping for a Planet with Christopher Reeves Superman)

I doubt that'd happen until the bugle is retired, as they'd be too similar sitting in the shelves together. I remember hearing somewhere that the Winnie the Pooh designer had some potential issues with his set being next to the idea's treehouse. Which - as I own both - I can a test they are drastically different, I wouldn't have even thought to compare them. Having the DP would just be Lego competing against itself. Never say never, just highly doubtful for a long time.

1 hour ago, Childe_Roland said:

I doubt that'd happen until the bugle is retired, as they'd be too similar sitting in the shelves together. I remember hearing somewhere that the Winnie the Pooh designer had some potential issues with his set being next to the idea's treehouse. Which - as I own both - I can a test they are drastically different, I wouldn't have even thought to compare them. Having the DP would just be Lego competing against itself. Never say never, just highly doubtful for a long time.

I feel like if they were to release Bugle-like sets for DC, they’d start with either something Batman-related or the Hall of Justice.

IS IT TRUE???

IS DISNEY ACTUALLY BUYING DC COMICS?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

22 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

IS IT TRUE???

No, calm down. It was spread by one of those garbage comic book websites that makes up rumors out of thin air on a daily basis.

59 minutes ago, The Pearson said:

I feel like if they were to release Bugle-like sets for DC, they’d start with either something Batman-related or the Hall of Justice.

Oh, for sure. Sorry, didn't mean to give the wrong impression. I was just meaning specifically for a daily planet. If the bugle sells well (and I suspect it will), I could very easily see a modular line for both marvel and DC, just very different types of modular as to cater to different crowds. I personally would buy all of them, as buildings are my favorite types of Lego sets, and I love themed sets so much more than regular system sets. The daily Bugle is a masterpiece and I plan to have it in hand the morning of the 26th!

2 hours ago, TheBatstan said:

No, calm down. It was spread by one of those garbage comic book websites that makes up rumors out of thin air on a daily basis.

We Got This Covered by any chance?

8 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

We Got This Covered by any chance?

I think it originated from Cosmic Book News but WGTC did cover the "story".

16 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

I think it originated from Cosmic Book News but WGTC did cover the "story".

Yup, it started 4 days back from Cosmic Book News but WGTC and that site regularly fight it out to secure the top spot of which is the worst clickbait/rumor site.

On 5/25/2021 at 5:43 AM, Robert8 said:

IS IT TRUE???

The chances of this happening are equal to Lego finally making DC as a theme good again - nonexistent. 

On 5/25/2021 at 11:43 AM, Robert8 said:

IS IT TRUE???

How do you guys fall for these articles

Obviously bull

How embarrasing it was for charles murphy to cover it on his site, then fire the reporter afterwards. Shame

Edited by thephantasm

On 5/25/2021 at 5:43 AM, Robert8 said:

IS IT TRUE???

Just try saying it out loud and see if you can say it with a straight face

On 5/24/2021 at 11:04 PM, legosamsonite said:

Possibly but still, look at how marvel is being compensated for having film delays

Also dc has done this before, and creating a new wave to make up for delays then produced one of the best dc waves ever

Well to be fair DC doesn't have an equivalent to MCU's The Infinity Saga.

No one would care about more Snyder sets, and other movies would just feel too random and out of place. So they did more Batman. As always :wacko:

40 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Well to be fair DC doesn't have an equivalent to MCU's The Infinity Saga.

No matter what you think of the Snyderverse, it can hardly be denied that it is responsible for the state the DC theme is in right now. If the DCEU was as popular as the MCU, not only would „filler“ waves be easier to do, they could get a lot more creative with their set choices without it being a huge gamble. Just look at Marvel: without the MCU, we never EVER would have gotten sets based on Shang-Chi, the  Eternals, or the GotG. Heck, even Ant-man would have been too obscure :grin:

Comic fans may not like to hear it, but people mainly care about comic book characters thanks to the adaptations. A shared universe isn‘t a necessity, but a solid catalogue of films would definitely help. I have a feeling The Batman, Flash, Aquaman 2, and Black Adam could provide just that, so we need to be patient. Don‘t write the theme off yet :classic:

32 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

No matter what you think of the Snyderverse, it can hardly be denied that it is responsible for the state the DC theme is in right now. If the DCEU was as popular as the MCU, not only would „filler“ waves be easier to do, they could get a lot more creative with their set choices without it being a huge gamble. Just look at Marvel: without the MCU, we never EVER would have gotten sets based on Shang-Chi, the  Eternals, or the GotG. Heck, even Ant-man would have been too obscure :grin:

Comic fans may not like to hear it, but people mainly care about comic book characters thanks to the adaptations. A shared universe isn‘t a necessity, but a solid catalogue of films would definitely help. I have a feeling The Batman, Flash, Aquaman 2, and Black Adam could provide just that, so we need to be patient. Don‘t write the theme off yet :classic:

Their plan was doomed from the start - they thought they could make a universe based on a single director's vision. Not only was it terrible, but it also didn't work financially at all.

That's why I'm excited for the future, it just seems so diverse and unique, you've got nearly everything.

As for the sets, 2022 will be a pretty good indication - they have 4 movies to cover. The Batman is getting sets. The Flash just screams to give it sets, and so does The Rock's Black Adam and a sequel to DC's highest grossing movie. Will they do anything besides Batman? We'll see.

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I mostly agree. One thing I do disagree with you on is WB going ahead with Flash, Aquaman 2, Shazam 2 and Black Adam. They should ditch these and just start over with The Batman. It’s just so lazy to say all films are connected by using Flash’s multiverse-jumping abilities. It’s such a mess in my opinion. 

But yes nobody should write the theme off, only write it off if DC collapses as a company.

2 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

I mostly agree. One thing I do disagree with you on is WB going ahead with Flash, Aquaman 2, Shazam 2 and Black Adam. They should ditch these and just start over with The Batman. It’s just so lazy to say all films are connected by using Flash’s multiverse-jumping abilities. It’s such a mess in my opinion

Agreed.

2 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

I mostly agree. One thing I do disagree with you on is WB going ahead with Flash, Aquaman 2, Shazam 2 and Black Adam. They should ditch these and just start over with The Batman. It’s just so lazy to say all films are connected by using Flash’s multiverse-jumping abilities. It’s such a mess in my opinion. 

But yes nobody should write the theme off, only write it off if DC collapses as a company.

Why would they do that? 

Why would they drop a sequel for DC's highest grossing movie?

Why would they drop a sequel to one of DC's biggest recent critical and financial successes?

Why would they drop The Rock's (one of the most popular actors working today) project that has obviously so hyped about?

And why would they drop DC's chance to finally officially introduce Multiverse on the silver screen, showing audience how this universe will work from now on?

You know that not everything has to be like MCU with one shared universe? DC has a much different approach now.

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Why would they do that? 

Why would they drop a sequel for DC's highest grossing movie?

Why would they drop a sequel to one of DC's biggest recent critical and financial successes?

Why would they drop The Rock's (one of the most popular actors working today) project that has obviously so hyped about?

And why would they drop DC's chance to finally officially introduce Multiverse on the silver screen, showing audience how this universe will work from now on?

You know that not everything has to be like MCU with one shared universe? DC has a much different approach now.

I agree, it does seem like an odd idea, one that I don’t see the point of. Give the brand a chance to show the current direction, not scrap it to fit with one film. That would make it no different from the Snyderverse.

On 5/26/2021 at 6:53 PM, Anonknee Muss said:

"I dont like those movies, so no one should be able to have more of them"

5 hours ago, PGBQW said:

"I dont like those movies, so no one should be able to have more of them"

And then people who say stuff like that harass others who don't want the Snyder-Verse :laugh_hard:

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

And then people who say stuff like that harass others who don't want the Snyder-Verse :laugh_hard:

Excuse me, I haven’t harassed a soul over the Snyder-verse.

5 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Excuse me, I haven’t harassed a soul over the Snyder-verse.

Where did I say you did?

11 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Where did I say you did?

You literally just did "And then people who say stuff like that harass others who don't want the Snyder-Verse :laugh_hard:" don't play that game

3 minutes ago, bradreed715 said:

You literally just did "And then people who say stuff like that harass others who don't want the Snyder-Verse :laugh_hard:" don't play that game

"People who say stuff like that", I wasn't referring specifically to him.

Look, I don't want to argue about such things. Sorry if it sounded confusing.