Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

https://t.co/aVJn4rk1rM

Looking at this promo art, how do you expect Batman from The Batman minfigure to look?

Do you expect them to go all out and give him new cowl and Batarang moulds, with printed arms and legs, or do you think they'd go the budget way and reuse both cowl and Batarang, with only the torso being printed?

19 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Looking at this promo art, how do you expect Batman from The Batman minfigure to look?

Do you expect them to go all out and give him new cowl and Batarang moulds, with printed arms and legs, or do you think they'd go the budget way and reuse both cowl and Batarang, with only the torso being printed?

Reeeeeeeeecycled partssssss

It's the lego life, lego

2 minutes ago, thephantasm said:

Reeeeeeeeecycled partssssss

It's the lego life, lego

I mean even in themes they didn't seem to care about that much, there are minfigures when they suddenly go all out with new pritning and / or new moulds.

8 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Is that official?

I hate to say it, but it looks like a convention cosplay :sceptic:

4 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Is that official?

It is. It's just a piece of art tho, made by someone - it's not like a still from movie or anything. 

I agree that the art style is not too pleasing, but it gives us our best look yet at that suit.

44 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Is that official?

Suit looks goofy without the proper lighting and colour adjustment

But just rewatch the trailer and it's clear that matt reeves has taken care of that

Just a thought!

If the D2C is the Tumbler,  it would be cool if it was advertised as the colour black with the option to convert it to the camo version, in similar vain to the ideas tree house set.

That woukd be a win! I would buy 2!

Also next year, i hope we do get more sets then the previous 2 years.

The Batman

DC Pets animated movie- the Rock voicing a character. 

The Flash Movie 

TV shows coming as well.

The gap between Marvel and DC sets is currently at about 20 sets.

15 minutes ago, Lionbear8 said:

Just a thought!

If the D2C is the Tumbler,  it would be cool if it was advertised as the colour black with the option to convert it to the camo version, in similar vain to the ideas tree house set.

That would require WAY too many parts :tongue: Just look at the old one, there‘s hundreds of pieces that make up the surface of the vehicle

12 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

That would require WAY too many parts :tongue: Just look at the old one, there‘s hundreds of pieces that make up the surface of the vehicle

I agree but it’s a great idea though!

3 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

Just a thought!

That woukd be a win! I would buy 2!

Also next year, i hope we do get more sets then the previous 2 years.

The Batman

DC Pets animated movie- the Rock voicing a character. 

The Flash Movie 

TV shows coming as well.

The gap between Marvel and DC sets is currently at about 20 sets.

Eh I don't really care about the number

So long as they give me quality sets

Like the current displayable batmobiles. Maybe even doctor fate next year??? Dc cmf 2???

And of course...

The batman sets

Edited by thephantasm

This thread is so sad. All the other ones are like "I can't wait to see all 17 of the new awesome sets coming out", and we're like "man I hope theres more than 3 sets next year and that they don't suck".

:cry2:Why does LEGO hate DC?

4 hours ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

This thread is so sad. All the other ones are like "I can't wait to see all 17 of the new awesome sets coming out", and we're like "man I hope theres more than 3 sets next year and that they don't suck".

At least we have 2 Tumblers coming out this Fall :laugh_hard:

Hi I hope 76239 includes an UPDATED PURPLE SUIT version of Heath Ledger's Joker i missed out on the 2014 version and truth be told the face paint could have been a lot better 

A nurse Joker or "Interrogation Scene" Joker would be cool as exclusive variants in the D2C tumbler

3 hours ago, LEGO_0801 said:

Hi I hope 76239 includes an UPDATED PURPLE SUIT version of Heath Ledger's Joker i missed out on the 2014 version and truth be told the face paint could have been a lot better 

A nurse Joker or "Interrogation Scene" Joker would be cool as exclusive variants in the D2C tumbler

I really want a movie version of scarecrow. He's was so menacing, I feel he doesn't get enough love.

13 hours ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

That's why I just want them to kill the theme. It's so pathetic, may as well be a mercy kill.

12 hours ago, Xzmmc said:

That's why I just want them to kill the theme. It's so pathetic, may as well be a mercy kill.

I dunno about that, I think it's worth it just to get sets for The Batman and its sequels.

People seems to forget that The Batman sets were supposed to come out this year but they were pushed back 

2 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

People seems to forget that The Batman sets were supposed to come out this year but they were pushed back 

To bad they didn't make stuff to fill the gaps like they did for marvel, tho they may not have had as much time

1 hour ago, legosamsonite said:

To bad they didn't make stuff to fill the gaps like they did for marvel, tho they may not have had as much time

I think those 2 Tumblers we're getting might exist for that very reason... maybe even the 66 Batmobile. 

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I dunno about that, I think it's worth it just to get sets for The Batman and its sequels.

Speaking personally, more Batman isn't exactly enthralling. The DC Universe is huge, and it's wasted potential to just release random black vehicles over and over again.

Now obviously they do that for a reason, Batman is clearly the only name that actually sells. But knowing that is cold comfort to say the least.

I dunno, I've just been jealous of Marvel lately. They get the Daily Bugle and we get another Batmobile. I really can't put into words how disappointed I am about that.

1 hour ago, Xzmmc said:

Speaking personally, more Batman isn't exactly enthralling. The DC Universe is huge, and it's wasted potential to just release random black vehicles over and over again.

Now obviously they do that for a reason, Batman is clearly the only name that actually sells. But knowing that is cold comfort to say the least.

I dunno, I've just been jealous of Marvel lately. They get the Daily Bugle and we get another Batmobile. I really can't put into words how disappointed I am about that.

Well that's okay.

The Batman has to be my most hyped movie ever so I'm obviously VERY excited for those sets.

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I think those 2 Tumblers we're getting might exist for that very reason... maybe even the 66 Batmobile. 

Possibly but still, look at how marvel is being compensated for having film delays

Also dc has done this before, and creating a new wave to make up for delays then produced one of the best dc waves ever

2 hours ago, Xzmmc said:

remember there was a time when Batman/DC got a bunch of sets and Marvel got few or none at all, its just the way things go sometimes. Dc sets will pick up steam if Warner ever gets their S#!* in order and make Dc a interesting/desirable (to kids and the masses) property again.

its not really TLG fault

49 minutes ago, legosamsonite said:

Possibly but still, look at how marvel is being compensated for having film delays....

i dont think its so much the delays vs the demand.

Dc is just not as popular as Marvel right now, so  the covid related delays in the Marvel movie product is unavoidable but there is still a demand for Marvel in general making it worthwhile developing "fill in" items Dc not so much

Edited by Mattallica

Ever since they revealed the D2C Bugle, I've been wanting them to do something similar for DC, like a Daily Planet or Wayne Tower. (personally, I'm hoping for a Planet with Christopher Reeves Superman)