Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

17 minutes ago, thephantasm said:

Monkie kid and monkey prince is based on chinese folk lore, journey to the west... the character is called sun wu kong

I know, I'm more talking about the actual design than the character himself.

23 minutes ago, thephantasm said:

Monkie kid and monkey prince is based on chinese folk lore, journey to the west... the character is called sun wu kong

Look at the two side by side. If one hasn’t influenced the other it’s a mighty big coincidence. Might have to find me a Monkie Kid now and introduce him to Shazam. From a distance of course.

guys, off topic, is there a Forum on Euro bricks to discuss LED lighting kits for sets?

want to buy some, not sure where to purchase. 

1 hour ago, Lionbear8 said:

guys, off topic, is there a Forum on Euro bricks to discuss LED lighting kits for sets?

want to buy some, not sure where to purchase. 

I recommend “Light My Bricks. It’s a little expensive but the lights are very nice and customized for individual sets.

2 hours ago, Stonks Market said:

Now for the big question. WHEN will the main-line Joker get new hair?

Never. It’s set in stone to never be changed under any circumstances, no matter how dated it seems nor how many better suited pieces there are. They had a special meeting about it and everything. I believe blood oaths were taken.

5 hours ago, Stonks Market said:

Unfortunately, I guess never.

22 hours ago, Stonks Market said:

Follow-up question: what kind of hair are you thinking of? An existing piece in (dark) green (if so, which one?), or something entirely new?

Regards,
Mitch

1 hour ago, CF Mitch said:

Follow-up question: what kind of hair are you thinking of? An existing piece in (dark) green (if so, which one?), or something entirely new?

Regards,
Mitch

The one that was used on the CMF Frank Miller Joker but in regular green.

1 hour ago, Stonks Market said:

The one that was used on the CMF Frank Miller Joker but in regular green.

Ah, yes, makes sense. Personally, I'd also like to see a whackier/more messed up hairstyle for the Joker, some day. 
Something along the lines of this :sweet: 

Regards,
Mitch

Man, seeing the new Daily Bugle set makes me so depressed that we still haven't got and will likely never get a Daily Planet equivalent.

I know, right. I mean, it's still possible, but not in the same quality as the DB...

Regards,
Mitch

I’m tempted to buy one and convert it to the Planet, and harvest various figures for what I want.

My dream would be a Wayne Mayor in the style of the new Chamber of Secrets set. A lovely detailed Wayne Manor with an equally as detailed batcave underneath.

48 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

I think I'd rather have a Hall of Justice or Wayne Manor over a Daily Planet

Indeed, but as adaptable sets go this is a lot closer to the Planet than the HoJ. Personally I’d rather have the Hall of Doom as well as bookend sets.

1 hour ago, RedHoodPug said:

I’m tempted to buy one and convert it to the Planet, and harvest various figures for what I want.

Me too, since it shouldn't be that hard. After all, we're never going to get the real deal, so may as well try the next best thing.

Frankly I'm surprised they haven't done a Wayne Manor/Batcave d2c. With all the Batman themed stuff they pump out, you'd think they'd at least do that. And no, Joker Manor doesn't count.

20 minutes ago, Xzmmc said:

Me too, since it shouldn't be that hard. After all, we're never going to get the real deal, so may as well try the next best thing.

Frankly I'm surprised they haven't done a Wayne Manor/Batcave d2c. With all the Batman themed stuff they pump out, you'd think they'd at least do that. And no, Joker Manor doesn't count.

They did do the '66 Batcave, I have it sitting on my shelf currently. It isn't the perfect set, but dang if it isn't still really good. I think it's a total sleeper set.

16 minutes ago, Childe_Roland said:

They did do the '66 Batcave, I have it sitting on my shelf currently. It isn't the perfect set, but dang if it isn't still really good. I think it's a total sleeper set.

Yeah, I'd forgotten about that despite owning it too. Oops.

Though I think my favorite part of the build is the study rather than any of the cave.

Edited by Xzmmc

15 minutes ago, Xzmmc said:

Yeah, I'd forgotten about that despite owning it too. Oops.

Though I think my favorite part of the build is the study rather than any of the cave.

I agree, the study/house portion looks really great, just not very display able without the cave.

10 hours ago, Xzmmc said:

Man, seeing the new Daily Bugle set makes me so depressed that we still haven't got and will likely never get a Daily Planet equivalent.

That’d be so awesome. In general many DC locations would make amazing D2C’s. A lot of the reality of this theme is kinda lame. It’d be awesome to have so many of the figures and variants that will just never happen. If a regular Raven isn’t here can’t wish for a White Raven variant. If we don’t even get Superman retail sets we won’t get a Fortress of Solitude or Daily Planet. We’ll probably never see Blackfire. Most of the heroes and villains we will get will be in their simplest depictions with little detail and inaccurate parts used ok them.

It’s the same reason I and others asked for a break earlier. But I guess we all have our own opinions, whatever the case I wish this theme had more going for it.

Daily bugle is nice but I'm not jealous

Maybe I'm starting to exit my lego phase....

Nah, I'm somehow more excited for the minifig scale batvehicles with stands

5 hours ago, cosmic said:

It’s the same reason I and others asked for a break earlier. But I guess we all have our own opinions, whatever the case I wish this theme had more going for it.

Tbh, even if this theme took a break for a couple years, I can't see how Lego's mindset would be any different when they came back

Considering Batman is the anchor for the DC line, I'd imagine if the property ever was to get a D2C like the Bugle, then the GCPD makes the most sense - Batsignal on the rooftop, cells for villains, etc

Either that or a Hall of Justice.

1 hour ago, pjonze said:

Considering Batman is the anchor for the DC line, I'd imagine if the property ever was to get a D2C like the Bugle, then the GCPD makes the most sense - Batsignal on the rooftop, cells for villains, etc

Either that or a Hall of Justice.

If we were to get a modular D2C, I doubt it would be a GCPD, since we just got a modular police station