Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, Moon_Knight said:

Awesome, that's GREAT news. Honestly, that's what made me cave in getting the UCS 89 Batmobile haha

Yeah I almost caved in too but I am not a big fan of sets that aren't minifigure scale so I bought all the pieces for it instead.

I hope the small Tumbler is Batman's otherwise I probably won't buy it.

4 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Yeah I almost caved in too but I am not a big fan of sets that aren't minifigure scale so I bought all the pieces for it instead.

I hope the small Tumbler is Batman's otherwise I probably won't buy it.

Agreed. I don't want a Bane Tumbler (even though the Bane Tumbler we got isn't great). Hope it's Batman's Tumbler with the name plate, just like the 89 and 66 Batmobiles.

1 hour ago, Moon_Knight said:

Agreed. I don't want a Bane Tumbler (even though the Bane Tumbler we got isn't great). Hope it's Batman's Tumbler with the name plate, just like the 89 and 66 Batmobiles.

For me, that's best case scenario.

14 hours ago, Moon_Knight said:

That's almost definitely the case. 

It would be pretty awkward to get another Bane Tumbler. But yeah, this will definitely be in the same vein as the 89 and 66 Batmobiles.

With some recent toys leaks for The Batman, do we think we’ll see some leaks for The Batman Lego sets soon?

Just now, Moon_Knight said:

With some recent toys leaks for The Batman, do we think we’ll see some leaks for The Batman Lego sets soon?

Highly doubt it, the sets will be out next year and we still have this year's sets to see

1 minute ago, Moon_Knight said:

No. The sets won’t be released before January, so there’s no way anything leaks before October or so :wink:

1 minute ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Highly doubt it, the sets will be out next year and we still have this year's sets to see

1 minute ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

No. The sets won’t be released before January, so there’s no way anything leaks before October or so :wink:

Okay, sounds good. Thanks for the speedy replies! I’m pumped to get The Batman Batmobile in Lego form. 

9 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

Technically it could leak early in a similar way to the Eternals sets but that's highly unlikely.

30 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Technically it could leak early in a similar way to the Eternals sets but that's highly unlikely.

That's true. Nobody really knows what to expect with these films being pushed back and how that affects merchandise and advertisement

Though I'm currently more excited for the closer sets first, especially this scale Tumbler.

I doubt we'd see Two Face as no matter what rating Dark Knight is (cba to check), he's a tad gory. Would love to see Scarecrow and Ra's, been a while since we had Scarecrow in any set

4 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

That's true. Nobody really knows what to expect with these films being pushed back and how that affects merchandise and advertisement

Though I'm currently more excited for the closer sets first, especially this scale Tumbler.

I doubt we'd see Two Face as no matter what rating Dark Knight is (cba to check), he's a tad gory. Would love to see Scarecrow and Ra's, been a while since we had Scarecrow in any set

I would love to get a Dark Knight trilogy inspired Scarecrow. I've wanted him as a minifigure since the original theme. Which one would you rather have though? The one in the suit in the beginning or the one in the strait jacket/ trench coat at the end of the movie? 

1 minute ago, Quicksilver838 said:

The Dark Knight version of Two-Face in Lego Batman 3 just reuses his normal 2012 face print, if they made him as an actual minifig they might just recycle his 2019 face print.

That being said, I'm not sure this version of Two-Face being gory is much of an issue when they were fine having his skull exposed for the TLBM variant.

16 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

We have also gotten half baked Anakin a few times and he's pretty gory as well. Not saying it's 1:1

9 minutes ago, Master of Fear said:

I would love to get a Dark Knight trilogy inspired Scarecrow. I've wanted him as a minifigure since the original theme. Which one would you rather have though? The one in the suit in the beginning or the one in the strait jacket/ trench coat at the end of the movie? 

I'd personally prefer the suit version. And I'm sure LEGO would prefer it too, they could cheap out and use the Happy Hogun torso, or Gunnar Eversol/Bruce Wayne/Maxwell Lord torso

7 minutes ago, BigGuy4U said:

The Dark Knight version of Two-Face in Lego Batman 3 just reuses his normal 2012 face print, if they made him as an actual minifig they might just recycle his 2019 face print.

That being said, I'm not sure this version of Two-Face being gory is much of an issue when they were fine having his skull exposed for the TLBM variant.

I can see how that one was supposed to be cartoon-y, it would look horrifying if that was live action

3 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

I'd personally prefer the suit version. And I'm sure LEGO would prefer it too, they could cheap out and use the Happy Hogun torso, or Gunnar Eversol/Bruce Wayne/Maxwell Lord torso

I can see how that one was supposed to be cartoon-y, it would look horrifying if that was live action

Yeah, I agree. That's honestly the most recognizable version of him.

Honestly, the shift to Batman oriented sets is predictable yet unappealing, but I wish they would at least make one DC set each year without Batman and just make a really well made $30-$60 set. Like just ONE set, not even worrying about a wave. The best strategy imo, is to make a location Batman fans would really want but just not put Batman in there. Like here’s Wayne tower or GCPD and a bunch of characters you’ve never gotten before that aren’t Batman related but if you buy this set then you can put the Batman characters from our other 10 sets this year (which are the same characters as the last 10 years) in this set. Solid strategy I think to please everyone. 

Edited by CoolDudeRadman

Does anyone happen to know what the extra/ leftover parts ( not the swappable parts) for the ‘66 batmobile are? Bricklink doesn’t have their inventory up yet

1 hour ago, thatblockoguy said:

Does anyone happen to know what the extra/ leftover parts ( not the swappable parts) for the ‘66 batmobile are? Bricklink doesn’t have their inventory up yet

From Jang's review:

Screenshot_20210513-090325.thumb.png.5ca24da12b08bdaae6679e60da1cbaf9.png

5 hours ago, thatblockoguy said:

Thank you so much

You get 3 Batarangs in the set but according to the inventory in the back of the booklet there’s only 2 meaning there’s only actually 1 spare.

Unless Jangbricks was fortunate and received 4.

4 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

The new bigfig body for Thanos has studs on his back. New bigfig Bane in 2022, calling it now :grin:

Yes, please!

I don't want to anger anyone - I love Lego Batman ever since it first came out in 2006 (always wanted that Batcave) but it ain't as it used to be. No longer do we get Joker ice cream trucks, now it's most of times trike bikes or something more cartooney. I understand that Lego is meant to be this way but it just feels like they've run out of ideas for Batman and rest of Justice League has disappeared. I believe DC Superheroes should take a year's break and then return stronger than ever. :classic:

2 hours ago, Jack Sassy said:

I don't want to anger anyone - I love Lego Batman ever since it first came out in 2006 (always wanted that Batcave) but it ain't as it used to be. No longer do we get Joker ice cream trucks, now it's most of times trike bikes or something more cartooney. I understand that Lego is meant to be this way but it just feels like they've run out of ideas for Batman and rest of Justice League has disappeared. I believe DC Superheroes should take a year's break and then return stronger than ever. :classic:

Mate,  it already feels like the theme is on a break with the lack of set releases!

Hopefully some of the Movies coming out in the next few years can generate some positive buzz and more sets can get released that represent the DC world!

Right now the Batman is coming!