Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

What if the Tumbler is based on Batman Begins? Would love to get Ras and Scarecrow

Yes, this is very exciting! I just watched all of the Dark Knight trilogy for the first time recently so this is coming out at just the right time for me. It’s $10 more expensive than 76119 and the recent 60’s Batmobile, I hope it comes with an extra figure. Some version of Christian Bale’s Batman will come with it obviously but I wonder who else they could include. Surely, they won’t just include the same figures in both sets, so I’m hoping they include Heath Ledger Joker in the smaller set. Imagine how much it would fly off shelves if he did. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for Catwoman to appear as well.

I think logically, a camo Tumbler or the Bat would be make more sense for a Dark Knight Rises minifigure selection, considering the black Tumbler didn't really feature in that movie.  I'd like it if one of the Tumblers had minifigures from Batman Begins (ideally Batman, Ra's al Ghul, and Scarecrow), and the other from The Dark Knight (Batman, Two-Face, and Joker (possibly the green vest or nurse outfit if they wanted to set it apart from the 2014 version)).  

It'd be easy to do a color swap if it does end up being Bane's camo Tumbler (that is if the design is based on the camo Tumbler that didn't have the giant cannon on it), but I'm still rooting for it being the standard black Tumbler that was in Begins. The last version of that that we technically got was a polybag in 2014, so we're well overdue.

WHAAAT?! Oh god, that's amazing news! I really hope one of the sets has a BB variant of Batman, and the other TDK variant, and not just repeats.

I really hope they go all out with villains on this one. We've got Scarecrow, Ra's al Ghul, Joker, Two-Face, Bane and Catwoman (well she's not a villain but you get the idea). We already got Joker and Bane, so I hope we get all the others (small chances but I'd love it).

40€ Tumbler of course is a must-buy.

1 hour ago, hvader said:

I hope it’s the Bane Tumbler

We already got one tho, unlike a system scale TDK Trilogy set with The Tumbler.

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

@THELEGOBATMAN is a prophet :oh:

For real tho *huh*

5 hours ago, Stonks Market said:

Black Adam will appear in a non-movie set, like Shazam did in the Batwing one.

Justice Society is in the movie! Have 1 set  include the whole Justice Society, , it will sell! 

Black Adam

Atom Smasher 

Hawkman

Cyclone 

Doctor Fate 

If there was ever a time to break the trend of releasing Batman sets, this is it! Placing  Dwanye Jonhsons face on the box, will sell! 

That's my 2 cents!

5 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

This is welcome news. Now the obvious question is who comes in it. I’m confident Batman will.

I hope the D2C has exclusives figs vs the regular set! 

I'm surprised they don't introduce a whole wave dedicated to the Dark Knight Trilogy,  there is so much material there! 

Finally some good news. Just want to remind everyone of the 2008 Tumbler that had an Ice Cream Truck obviously inspired by the ice cream truck chase scene in TDK but the joker had a comic inspired print. The goon was also generic. I believe the batman figure may have been generic or based on TDK. What if this new Tumbler doesn’t have a cinematic figure lineup? Just a random thought but I’d love a mini-fig scale Tumbler with like a Hawkgirl or Black Canary thrown in. Unlikely but I’d love for them to take this opportunity to give us a new leaguer.

That said if it is completely cinematic inspired I would hate to see the camo version. We already got that in 2013. One is enough. Its time for a figure scaled black tumbler. And if they’re never going to follow up on the Nolan films with regular retail sets again, they may as well include figures from 2 or all 3 films. We already got Bane and Commisioner Gordon and while many would love revamps I’d love to see characters who have yet to get a figure such as Scarecrow, Catwoman, Ra’s Al Ghul/Thalia, Harvey Dent, Two Face, or even Lucius Fox. I wouldn’t mind seeing Rachel Dawes or the imposter Batmen either. With so many to choose from maybe they should follow up with more sets. But I’m excited to see what direction they take this. Hope its black.

EDIT: Speaking of Hawkgirl, has anyone had good experiences with the print on the Hawkgirl figure? I’ve seen many stories of the figure having really bad torso print that doesn’t match with the color of the legs and the color is dull and faded on the torso. Did anyone ever get a good print or was Hawkgirl just produced bad? I also hated how large they made her panties they made them look like shorts. Wish they’d give her a newer design with her pants and a specialized helmet mold.

Edited by cosmic

Minifig scale Tumbler? After all these years? Can’t wait for this one. Probably too much to ask for the batpod to be in it too, but it should be a fun challenge to MOC one that can fit inside the tumbler. Figures will probably be Batman and Joker, I’ll be very surprised if they’re not. Now if they’d just put out the 89 Batmobile on the stand as a retail set I’ll be a happy camper. Got myself the 66 Batmobile the other day, awesome set but obviously incomplete without Robin (bought him on bricklink so the set is complete in my eyes). As much as I love the look of the large scale D2Cs I just can’t drop $400 on a Batmobile and keep up with other releases, but these minifigure scale batmobiles are a great compromise. 

Oh, cool! A system scale Tumbler as well :excited:
I wonder of each them will be based on different movies. For example, the UCS based on Batman Begins and the small one based on TDK.
Really hope the Joker comes with the system one :innocent:

Regards,
Mitch

15 hours ago, hvader said:

I hope it’s the Bane Tumbler

I hope the D2C is the Bane Tumbler

4 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

I hope the D2C is the Bane Tumbler

Not gonna happen, they won’t dedicate a D2C set to a less recognisable variant like that. It would be like a UCS Millennium Falcon based on Solo or any UCS X-Wing other than Luke’s :tongue:

52 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Not gonna happen, they won’t dedicate a D2C set to a less recognisable variant like that. It would be like a UCS Millennium Falcon based on Solo or any UCS X-Wing other than Luke’s :tongue:

Oh, I'm just kidding hahah.

Totally love the sheer goffiness of the Bane Tumbler, tho

2 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Oh, I'm just kidding hahah.

Sarcasm can be hard to detect on the Internet :tongue:

2 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Totally love the sheer goffiness of the Bane Tumbler, tho

You mean the 2013 version with Bane’s mask as a ridiculous symbol plastered on it? Yeah, that’s a good one :laugh_hard:

Does anyone think it’s possible that LEGO redoes the 1989 mini fig scale batmobile gwp as a set similarly to the Adam West Batmobile we just got and the recently announced Tumbler? Possibly between 20 to 50 bucks and including a similar Batman to the one in the Batmobile and Batwing set along with either Joker again or possibly penguin/cat woman? Or is it more likely that they make the Batmobile in a set when the flash movie comes out with an older Michael Keaton figure and possibly revamped suit? Or both?!? What do you guys think?

1 hour ago, bradreed715 said:

Does anyone think it’s possible that LEGO redoes the 1989 mini fig scale batmobile gwp as a set similarly to the Adam West Batmobile we just got and the recently announced Tumbler? Possibly between 20 to 50 bucks and including a similar Batman to the one in the Batmobile and Batwing set along with either Joker again or possibly penguin/cat woman? Or is it more likely that they make the Batmobile in a set when the flash movie comes out with an older Michael Keaton figure and possibly revamped suit? Or both?!? What do you guys think?

Seeing as the GWP Batmobile has 'Batman (1989)' on its stand, I think it's fairly possible they'll remake it as a Batman Returns set, and include Batman, Catwoman and / or Penguin. 

As for The Flash, I think it all depends what concept arts they provide to Lego. If there's a Batmobile, I think there's a huge chance they'll do it, maybe not as a standalone set but a part of a bigger one.

6 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Seeing as the GWP Batmobile has 'Batman (1989)' on its stand, I think it's fairly possible they'll remake it as a Batman Returns set, and include Batman, Catwoman and / or Penguin. 

As for The Flash, I think it all depends what concept arts they provide to Lego. If there's a Batmobile, I think there's a huge chance they'll do it, maybe not as a standalone set but a part of a bigger one.

Sweet. I really hope you are right about the Batman returns batmobile, but that means I’ll have to get joker through other means😂

The batmobile in the flash would also be cool. I hope Keaton has a similar but updated suit in the movie and LEGO can translate that into some cool sets

3 hours ago, bradreed715 said:

Sweet. I really hope you are right about the Batman returns batmobile, but that means I’ll have to get joker through other means😂

The batmobile in the flash would also be cool. I hope Keaton has a similar but updated suit in the movie and LEGO can translate that into some cool sets

There was some set, I think it was like Joker’s steam roller. The joker in it wasn’t entirely accurate, but was certainly passable as a cheaper Nicholson variant.

30 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

There was some set, I think it was like Joker’s steam roller. The joker in it wasn’t entirely accurate, but was certainly passable as a cheaper Nicholson variant.

True but I really like the one from the batmobile😂it's really good

12 hours ago, bradreed715 said:

Either way, I would love it if they made an affordable, minifigure-scaled 1989 Batmobile with Michael Keaton Batman. It would be so awesome if Lego made every cinematic Batmobile as part of this line, even the ones from the Schumacher-verse which I do not care for. (Imagine getting nippled Batman and Arnold Schwarzenegger/Mr Freeze figures.)

13 minutes ago, The Stud said:

Either way, I would love it if they made an affordable, minifigure-scaled 1989 Batmobile with Michael Keaton Batman. It would be so awesome if Lego made every cinematic Batmobile as part of this line, even the ones from the Schumacher-verse which I do not care for. (Imagine getting nippled Batman and Arnold Schwarzenegger/Mr Freeze figures.)

Yes even though those movies aren’t great, the forever batmobile especially I think is iconic enough to warrant its own set

11 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

Is there still a possibility that the $40 Tumbler could be the GWP with the UCS Tumbler?

No because of the set number. 

3 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

No because of the set number. 

Awesome, that's GREAT news. Honestly, that's what made me cave in getting the UCS 89 Batmobile haha