Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Well we have 3 more movies than The Batman, for which we'll be getting at least 3 sets.

The Flash sets are guaranteed. It's a HUGE multiverse movie with at least 2 versions of Batman, so expect Keaton with a Bat-Vehicle lol. For real tho, I except at least 2 sets, no more than 4.

Then there's Aquaman 2. They did only 1 set for the 1st one, but seeing how Aquaman became DC's highest grossing movie ever, and the character's popularity skyrocketed, I think we might get 2 sets for this one.

Black Adam... I am not sure. It obviously seems like a bestseller with The Rock and colourful JSA, but I'm afraid Lego wouldn't feel that way... let's hope for the best.

Imagine  a 89 Batcave under the Flash banner! Love it 

Aquman jusy screams a 1000 plus Atlantis set 

Perfect way for the Rock to get his first minifguare!

Just now, Lionbear8 said:

Wouldn't be the first time a character of his is made into LEGO form though (Maui).

10 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Keep in mind the big bat vehicles are actually the best selling thing about the theme so it makes sense they keep doing them

In the land down under,  the 66 Batmobile is sold out in all the stores and online sites thst I have visited.  I haven't seen this before with a small DC set. I'd expect Lego to release future sets like this, based on movies and cartoons.

How's the 66 set selling in other countries?

7 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Wouldn't be the first time a character of his is made into LEGO form though (Maui).

Of course, thank you for clarification! 

My Theory 

The D2C tumbler to come with a GWP tumbler MF version 

The Bat D2C from The Dark Knight Rises 

The Synder Batmoble D2C cw a GWP small Batmobile 

The Synder Batwing D2C

Batman Forever 3 in 1 D2C, Batmobile, Batwing, Batboat (30 years anniversary)

Edited by Lionbear8

59 minutes ago, Lionbear8 said:

The Bat D2C from The Dark Knight Rises

Nah, if we get one next year there's no way its not Pattinson's

22 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Nah, if we get one next year there's no way its not Pattinson's

Well to be fair Lego rarely makes D2Cs for licensed movies that just came out.

I think they'd wait until the hype cools down a little. I'd love Battinson's Batmobile D2C tho.

8 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Promobricks reporting $40 set is a tumbler 

This is the happiest I've been with this theme since we got Reverse Flash, Firestorm and Lobo in a single wave

I am not going to lie, I am happy I was wrong about my speculation. I thought the dark knight trilogy has my least favourite Batmobile but I am still excited for this. Will this be Batman's or Bane's Tumbler?

Well, looks like I was wrong - not that I mind of course, nice to have another chance to get some TDK minifigs. Fingers crossed Joker and Bane show up.

8 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

Imagine  a 89 Batcave under the Flash banner! Love it 

Aquman jusy screams a 1000 plus Atlantis set 

Black Adam will appear in a non-movie set, like Shazam did in the Batwing one.

Just now, BigGuy4U said:

Well, looks like I was wrong - not that I mind of course, nice to have another chance to get some TDK minifigs. Fingers crossed Joker and Bane show up.

We now have 2 sets, so we should get a variety of figures. Hopefully they put the black suit in one and grey suit in the other.

In terms of villains, they have Joker, Two Face, Scarecrow, Ra's Al Ghul, Bane and Catwoman to choose from, so hopefully we get a good few.

If LEGO release a mining scale Tumbler at $40 as well as the big D2C Tumbler re-do, then is that a strong indication that large scale D2C '66 Batmobile is likely in the works?  We have a large '89 Batmobile plus the minifig scale one (GWP), the big D2C Batwing very similar to the mining scale one that came out last year, so if LEGO are going for a consistent D2C plus minifig scale "line" then the obvious gap is a large scale '66 Batmobile.  Maybe?

1 minute ago, scottypavarotti said:

If LEGO release a mining scale Tumbler at $40 as well as the big D2C Tumbler re-do, then is that a strong indication that large scale D2C '66 Batmobile is likely in the works?  We have a large '89 Batmobile plus the minifig scale one (GWP), the big D2C Batwing very similar to the mining scale one that came out last year, so if LEGO are going for a consistent D2C plus minifig scale "line" then the obvious gap is a large scale '66 Batmobile.  Maybe?

I think it's only a matter of time. It's very iconic.

5 minutes ago, hvader said:

I hope it’s the Bane Tumbler

I hope it's the Bat-Tumbler to be honest.

49 minutes ago, Stonks Market said:

Hopefully they put the black suit in one and grey suit in the other.

Did he wear a gray suit in any of the Nolan movies? I thought the minifigures from the 2008 TDK and 2013 TDKR sets were just inaccurate.

Edited by Graupensuppe

This is welcome news. Now the obvious question is who comes in it. I’m confident Batman will.

12 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

This is welcome news. Now the obvious question is who comes in it. I’m confident Batman will.

Naaaahh don't think he's too likely, barely had any screentime in the films. My guess is Thomas Schiff, Lau and Gambol will be the figures in this set

1 minute ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Naaaahh don't think he's too likely, barely had any screentime in the films. My guess is Thomas Schiff, Lau and Gambol will be the figures in this set

Lego better put Coleman Reese in this set or we boycott all future DC sets

4 minutes ago, KingSpoozle said:

"If Coleman Reese isn't is this set, I buy Lepin" - the LEGO Joker, probably...

Now I'll need to get both Tumblers pending the figures. Kinda hope the smaller scale one is camo, but it would also be nice to have a big and small bat-tumbler.

6 minutes ago, KingSpoozle said:

He'll obviously be in the D2C

You know I was going to post a few days ago how I thought/hoped 76239 was going to be a minifigure scale Tumbler judging by the price and the piece count, along with the fact that set number wise it came right before the UCS Tumbler's numbering. I held off on doing it because I thought it sounded too good to be true.

Am I GLAD I was wrong. This is going to make up for the Tumbler shaped hole in my collection that's been there since 2008 when I missed my chance the first time. And even better, this is going to be properly scaled too so it won't be an oversized monster like the first one, or an undersized excuse of a Tumbler that wasn't even accurate with the most basic details like having 2 wheels at the back instead of 4 with the 2013 Bane version. I hope it's a two seater, it would be so perfect to fit two figures in there like the '66 Batmobile.

Since this isn't listed as a GWP, I expect there's going to be some minifigures included as well. The possibilities for getting any villains we missed the first two times with the 2008 and 2013 sets like Catwoman, Two-Face, Scarecrow, etc. I'd be so stoked to get a proper version of the Dark Knight/Rises Batsuit too where it's all black on the torso this time instead of grey on a black torso like the NYCC 2011 exclusive version. 

lego-COMCON018-1_xlarge.png?width=539&he

Edited by TheBatstan

52 minutes ago, Graupensuppe said:

Did he wear a gray suit in any of the Nolan movies? I thought the minifigures from the 2008 TDK and 2013 TDKR sets were just inaccurate.

There were two distinct suits, one of which was certainly more gray than the other.

Screenshot_20210507-214819_Gallery.jpg