Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

17 minutes ago, bradreed715 said:

Any info on it? Price? 

76239 is listed as having 422 pieces according to Promobricks. Would most likely put this as a $40.00 set, but unknown until more information is released. Could be more if any of the pieces are bigger molds.

Meh, not all that excited by a vehicle that already got the D2C treatment before :shrug_confused: Not sure how the old Tumbler could be improved, but let’s see. Hopefully it’ll include a character from the Nolan trilogy we haven’t seen before (like Two-Face :wub:)

Not sure what to think about the upcoming Tumbler... it's nice that it's cheaper but I'm still pretty satisfied with the System version from years ago.
Maybe if it has a new (more affordable) Joker with it :classic:

Regards,
Mitch

Yeah, I don't like that choice at all. Out of all the Bat-Vehicles there are, they had to go with the Tumbler? Again?

Now I would LOVE if it was the 40€ set. It would be an instant must-buy. But another Tumbler D2C?

On the one hand, I'm glad they're remaking it because I missed the previous one, and I assume its the same for plenty of other people too.

On the other, the Tumbler is the ugliest Batmobile I've ever seen, so its a hard pass for me.

Not at all interested in this set as I really don't like these oversized vehicles but I do really like getting another shot at getting Heath Ledgers Joker.

Lol. Only bought the original a few months ago. Will depend on minifigs whether or not I pick it up

I can’t justify another Tumbler to sit next to the original one. If there’s a GWP scaled down version I will be bloody annoyed, because the first one is massive and really costly to buy. What a curious choice.

51 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

[...] and really costly to buy.

That’s one of the upsides to this, people who missed the original are finally able to get one without having to sell a kidney of theirs :laugh:

And while the original Ledger Joker is still an excellent minifig, it could definitely be improved upon. There has to be a more fitting hair piece for instance (preferably in a different shade of green too)

Please dear gosh let 76239 be a minifig scale tumbler, it has 422 pieces and is around $40 and it just screams batmobile

Pleaseeeeeeeeee I want the figs and a minifg scale tumbler

I'm actually pretty tempted by a new Tumbler as I didn't get the 2014 version, but I'm still surprised that this was their choice. I assumed the next UCS scale Bat-vehicle would be the 1966 Batmobile given how iconic it is.

3 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

I can’t justify another Tumbler to sit next to the original one. If there’s a GWP scaled down version I will be bloody annoyed, because the first one is massive and really costly to buy. What a curious choice.

Same. As someone who also got the UCS R2 back in the day, this year is shaping up to be a double whammy in terms of seeing some of my best sets get re-released, with potential improvements but with me unable to justify the purchase!

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

That’s one of the upsides to this, people who missed the original are finally able to get one without having to sell a kidney of theirs :laugh:

And while the original Ledger Joker is still an excellent minifig, it could definitely be improved upon. There has to be a more fitting hair piece for instance (preferably in a different shade of green too)

It’ll be a while before the market dies down so that those of us who want the (potentially) smaller one and not the bigger one can get it at a reasonable price. I like that first one but it’s so big as to be nonsensical. Smaller would be better. The only temptation to get the D2C will be if they excel themselves and fit the pod in there somehow, and add in better figures. I quite like my Ledger Joker, and unless a new cowl mould miraculously appears I’m quite happy with the Batman. Catwoman, Scarecrow or Two-Face turn up, and I would reconsider. I can’t help but wonder what sets like this do to the value of the original ones.

1 minute ago, RedHoodPug said:

I can’t help but wonder what sets like this do to the value of the original ones.

Bring them down to a more reasonable level, I would say :laugh: Sets in MINT condition getting more valuable over time is unavoidable, but some people go way overboard with that idea. Remakes are a good way to bring them back to reality 

9 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Meh, not all that excited by a vehicle that already got the D2C treatment before :shrug_confused: Not sure how the old Tumbler could be improved, but let’s see. Hopefully it’ll include a character from the Nolan trilogy we haven’t seen before (like Two-Face :wub:)

Batman, Joker and Two-Face. Great idea!

I don't buy scaled up vehicles so this is a hard pass but I am happy for those who missed the first one.

4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Bring them down to a more reasonable level, I would say :laugh: Sets in MINT condition getting more valuable over time is unavoidable, but some people go way overboard with that idea. Remakes are a good way to bring them back to reality 

I don’t know, to me it kind of cheapens the exclusivity of the OG. I can understand the  1989 set, because the previous large scale model was a product of it’s time. The Tumbler isn’t that old and other than stabilising some of the panels and the ailerons, or adding the pod, I’m not sure what they can do to change it significantly enough to justify it. I get that people missed the first one, but it’s not like the secondary market doesn’t exist and I’ve seen them sell for reasonable prices. To me a remake isn’t the next in line set, it’s a few down the road when some newer ones have been done. There are so many Batmobiles that could have come before this was remade.

3 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

There are so many Batmobiles that could have come before this was remade.

Agreed. Should have been a 66' Batmobile or a Batboat.

Do you guys think that the 40€ October set will be a random comicbook Batman set, or do you think they'll continue making system scale Batmobiles from previous iterations? 

I think that this would be a perfect way to always have a Batmobile for sale, but in a way that would make fans happy.

Batman 1989, The Animated Series, Batman Forever, Batman & Robin, Tumbler, Arkham Asylum, Arkham Knight and BvS, and that's just the most popular ones. Honestly, I'd love it.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

32 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Do you guys think that the 40€ October set will be a random comicbook Batman set, or do you think they'll continue making system scale Batmobiles from previous iterations? 

I think that this would be a perfect way to always have a Batmobile for sale, but in a way that would make fans happy.

Batman 1989, The Animated Series, Batman Forever, Batman & Robin, Tumbler, Arkham Asylum, Arkham Knight and BvS, and that's just the most popular ones. Honestly, I'd love it.

I'm all for it!

If you had to guess, which scale batmobile seems more likely to come next?

1 hour ago, PGBQW said:

I'm all for it!

The Batman seems the most likely to tie in with the release of the new movie.

Although I'd love to see the GWP 1989 Batmobile get a re-release at retail to celebrate the 30th Anniversary of Batman Returns next year.

20 minutes ago, wesker said:

The Batman seems the most likely to tie in with the release of the new movie.

Although I'd love to see the GWP 1989 Batmobile get a re-release at retail to celebrate the 30th Anniversary of Batman Returns next year.

Yeah, the Batman one is obviously the 40€ set, but not that one. It's a part of, well, The Batman wave.

1 hour ago, PGBQW said:

I'm all for it!

I think that a system scale Tumbler would go nicely with a D2C Tumbler.

For example in the D2C they could include Batman in TDK(R) suit, Joker and Two-Face (or Bane), while in the smaller one they'd include Batman in BB suit and Scarecrow (and, maybe, Ra's al Ghul).

34 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I think that a system scale Tumbler would go nicely with a D2C Tumbler.

For example in the D2C they could include Batman in TDK(R) suit, Joker and Two-Face (or Bane), while in the smaller one they'd include Batman in BB suit and Scarecrow (and, maybe, Ra's al Ghul).

That would be amazing :wub: Now that this idea has been firmly planted into my head, I‘ll be very disappointed if the 40€ set turns out to be something else :laugh:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

33 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

That would be amazing :wub: Now that this idea has been firmly planted into my head, I‘ll be very disappointed if the 40€ set turns out to be something else :laugh:

Same here. We never got a proper The Dark Knight system scale Tumbler, unless you count that set with Joker's ice cream truck.

I'd absolutely love it.

I’m all for a $40 Tumbler but LEGO wouldn’t release it at the same time as the D2C because it would deter potential consumers from spending $200.

I wouldn't count on a system scale Tumbler since we didn't get anything for either of the 1989 vehicles, not counting the Batmobile GWP.