Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

14 hours ago, CNF said:

I haven't been following rumors lately. Is there evidence that there might be a CMF series two for DC? What are the set rumors for summer 2021?

There’s a non 4+ set coming out in October and a D2C in November. That’s it for the rest of the year. The planned “The Batman” sets will presumably come out January 1st 2022 possibly sooner. No sign of a DC series 2 yet.

They really are doing a D2C Tumbler again? What could make it different from the previous one? New figs?

Meh on the ucs choice. I wasn't going 5o buy it anyways

Please don't make a minifig scale version a gwp exclusive... just no. But i think lego will do it

Edited by thephantasm

For someone who owns the original Tumbler released in 2008 and the previous D2C version,  I'm happy for this!

If they can make the new version more stable and include new prints for the figures (The Dark Knight detailed suit and Joker Bank robbery scene) .

I would hope there is a GWP for this set (tumbler minifguare scale with plate)

Also if they remake to the scale of the 89 series,  I can The Bat having a release in 2022.

The Batman is coming!

So many wonderful toys! 

29 minutes ago, bradreed715 said:

They really are doing a D2C Tumbler again? What could make it different from the previous one? New figs?

new figs and solid design, hey they remake star wars D2C! 

Edited by Lionbear8

Considering the D2C introduce new molds now, this is the perfect time for the Scarecrow!

4 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

This is lame. There is a new Bat vehicle D2C every year now, yet no freakin' Daily Planet in nearly a decade of this theme existing.

I mean, the chances of getting a Daily Planet were low, but since Lego its already making a Daily Bugle they become zero. There's just no way they make 2 D2Cs about newspapers ar the same time

6 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

I mean, the chances of getting a Daily Planet were low, but since Lego its already making a Daily Bugle they become zero. There's just no way they make 2 D2Cs about newspapers ar the same time

I just want a Doomsday bigfig:sadnew: 

@Ashnflashcould you put a big watermark or something which says fanart over your mockup next time? It was being passed as the real thing

Edited by thephantasm

1 hour ago, The Pearson said:

Crossing my fingers for a GWP minifig-sized Tumbler with a plaque to go next to my ‘89 and ‘66 Batmobiles!!!!

As much as I'd love a minifigure scale Tumbler with display stand, I really hope they don't go the GWP route again. The 1989 Batmobile was a pain to get and should never have been made an exclusive.

They made the right decision selling the 60's Batmobile as its own product at retail so people have a fairer chance at getting one. I hope that any other minifigure scaled Batmobiles based on the live action films does the same.

43 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

This is lame. There is a new Bat vehicle D2C every year now, yet no freakin' Daily Planet in nearly a decade of this theme existing.

Completely agree. I was here anticipating the announcement of a vehicle from the Burton or West era that had yet to be released. I want to scream I’m very upset by this news. Not only do we have to deal with the D2C’s being oversized bat vehicles, they have to cover each bat vehicle and make it regular, micro, and mega scaled. AND THEN THEY HAVE TO REPEAT THESE OVERSIZED BUILDS. A second oversized Tumbler? Literally why? There’d be solice in knowing we are getting an oversized bat vehicle that hasn’t been made but holy cow this theme makes such unappealing set choices. I was excited for this theme, remember thinking “its no longer just Batman, its all DC we’re gonna get so much!” And here we are. Its Lego Batman part 2 but with suprisingly less variabliity in the builds.

37 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Who said we had to get them at the same time? I would hope for an eventual D2C that covers something either non Batman or non vehicle at the least, but the anouncement that our next oversized vehicle will be a REPEAT. Holy crap I am so tired. Like I would pay the lego group to just make sets off something else. Just because it is never going to happen here are some D2C’s I would create if I had the power to do so

• Gorilla City

• Titans Tower

• Hall of Doom

• Jokers Fairgrounds

• Wayne Tower

• Wayne Manor

• Arkham Asylum (modular connecting series)

• League of Assasins Hideout

• Fortress of Solitude

• Themyscira

• New Genesis

• Downtown Gotham

• Oa

• Lexcorp Tower

• Watchtower

• Hall of Justice

I was alright expecting this to be an oversized 60’s Batcopter, 60’s Batmobile, 80ms Batboat or Nolan verse Batwing or modern Flying Fox in giant mode. But a giant version of a vehicle we already got? This theme is so bad it frustrates me. I’m a really big DC fan so the continuous bad news is just so demotivating. Like bro just take a note fans never respond well to this online you can say its a childrens toy but D2C’s usually cater to an older audience and this older audience may be supporting this “enough” to produce but we are very vocal on all platforms that other projects would be much more popular to us.

31 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

I just want a Doomsday bigfig:sadnew: 

I want so much I have grown to accept won’t be made. I want Hawgirl and Black Canary remade in a few different variants. Doomsday, Bizarro, even Livewire. I don’t even know what to expect of this theme I think its cineamtic retail sets and oversized versions of vehicles we’ve already gotten forever. I’m thinking of sending a few etters to the lego group. Do you think an online petition would get their attention? I want to do something about how terrible this theme is.

Edited by cosmic

I don’t really get these large vehicle builds, but the 1989 Batmobile has been tempting me the last few months and the rumors of a Delorean and now a Tumbler remake are making me rethink that.

At the very least, I’m excited to see what figures come with this set. Batman and Joker are guaranteed, but assuming that this follows a similar pattern to the two ‘89 sets, there will probably be a third one included. I’m guessing either Harvey Dent/Two Face or Commissioner Gordon. I think The Bat is very likely for 2022 now, and I could see that coming with a new Batman, Bane and Catwoman.

Well, this was a surprise. It's not even a significant year for anything related to the Nolan movies this year. This coming out last year would've made a little more sense since it was Batman Begins's 15th anniversary, the one movie in the trilogy where the Tumbler had the most importance and screen time. If anything, getting an updated UCS rendition is going to help drive down the cost of the 2014 version by a LOT, which is good since I always wanted it for the Begins suit and Ledger Joker minifigures but I could never afford it, the price ballooning on the aftermarket when it retired didn't help at all.

Maybe this time the minifigures included could feature a proper all black version of the Dark Knight/Dark Knight Rises Batsuit where the torso print details are still black like the Begins torso, instead of grey that's printed on a black torso which is what Lego did with the original New York Comic-Con 2011 exclusive Batman minifigure from the very start of the Super Heroes theme. And although it would be amazing to get a new villain from the Nolan trilogy that hasn't been made before like Scarecrow, Two-Face, or even Ra's, I think the trend of these Batmobile sets featuring a Joker minifigure will continue. I could really see Lego making the Joker variant in this UCS set be from when he's in jail wearing the green vest, it's probably Ledger's second most iconic Joker look behind him wearing the full purple coat:

heath-ledger21-1-2000.jpg

And now the UCS Tumbler happening sooner than I thought makes me believe that a minifig scale version with a display stand is more than likely confirmed at this point, though it might be like the GWP 1989 Batmobile where it's just the Tumbler and doesn't come with any figures since they'd be in the UCS set. If this one ends up as a GWP as well, I already know I have to run to eBay the day that it goes on sale in order to get one before it spirals out of control with the price just like with the 1989 Batmobile (and even that was pretty expensive when I bought it off eBay on Day 1). 

Edited by TheBatstan

YES!!!! Not getting the original Tumbler was one of my biggest regrets. Glad to see that I get to have a second chance

I'm confused. Is this a "real rumor", or is it a wishlist item that's being taken out of context?

1 minute ago, icm said:

I'm confused. Is this a "real rumor", or is it a wishlist item that's being taken out of context?

Real rumor, backed up by all the big credible leakers.

Either way I think this is a big waste of a set slot, as I already thought the first tumbler d2c was back then. Do we even have a fully leaked list of dc sets yet? It really feels like all we’re getting this year is the 66 batmobile and this.

I suppose this tumbler could be in tan and brown and come with a better version of bane. Maybe a nolanverse scarecrow.

Edited by vstat05

49 minutes ago, vstat05 said:

Either way I think this is a big waste of a set slot, as I already thought the first tumbler d2c was back then. Do we even have a fully leaked list of dc sets yet? It really feels like all we’re getting this year is the 66 batmobile and this.

I suppose this tumbler could be in tan and brown and come with a better version of bane. Maybe a nolanverse scarecrow.

One more mystery set