Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

On 4/25/2021 at 5:01 AM, lego_guyon02 said:

I've been told by a store employee that they had to discount them fairly quickly and ended up having to send large quantities back for recycling. 

Lego store employee? I don’t know man what applies to one store may not hold true globally. Until I can see official sales data and compare that with other official cmf series I won’t take this at face value. 

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

Lego store employee? I don’t know man what applies to one store may not hold true globally. Until I can see official sales data and compare that with other official cmf series I won’t take this at face value. 

I mean don’t they get sent to Legoland Stores as surplus merch? I can still find CMF from the Lego Movie 2, series 19 and 20 at my local Legoland.  No way Lego would recycle sets when they could make money sending them to other retailers

Edited by eldiano

And now Backorders are being accepted (for real this time) for the 60s Batmobile on the US/Canadian Shop at Home site and will ship on May 13th, I'm glad I got my order in when I did.

I hope this sends the right message to Lego about continuing the trend of making recognizable Batmobiles with display stands as sets, I need a proper minifig scale Tumbler next that isn't oversized like the original 2008 version or undersized and barely accurate like the 2013 Bane camo version.

18 hours ago, cosmic said:

My local toy store said that they sold as well as the other series. They have some of the older CMF bags left, but DC all sold out. I'd wait and see what LEGO does in the end.

16 hours ago, TheBatstan said:

And now Backorders are being accepted (for real this time) for the 60s Batmobile on the US/Canadian Shop at Home site and will ship on May 13th, I'm glad I got my order in when I did.

It wasn't advertised that they were being made available in New Zealand, so hadn't anticipated them being released this week. Sold out in hours too, so waiting for the next order. Just picked up the police station and some of the road plates I found lying around in a local store, so don't mind waiting a couple of weeks as I at least now know it will be in stock again soon.

35 minutes ago, ApocSlay said:

My local toy store said that they sold as well as the other series. They have some of the older CMF bags left, but DC all sold out. I'd wait and see what LEGO does in the end.

Same here, my local Barnes and Noble is notorious for having expired sets long after they retire simply because they don’t dispose of sets and carry them until they sell. I got the Bounty Hunter Assault Gunship like 3 years after it retired because Barnes and Noble still carried it. Anyhow, they had the DC series recently and only waiting a few weeks to go pick it up and it sold out. If it wasn’t selling well I would have been able to wait some time before deciding to grab some. I really hope they sold well because I would love a series 2.

I just want to remind myself and others how unexpected the 2015 and 2018 Justice League waves were and how we can still be caught off guard by an upcoming product in this theme. I still have hope because I truly want more out of this theme. I want an updated Hawkgirl, Black Canary, Vixen, Batgirl, and Gorilla Grodd. I wlso want new figures of Livewire, Doctor Fate, and Captain Atom. Hopefully Lego miraculously turns the tide on this theme. But as I’ve said before DC needs to get its act together to incentivize that.

Edit; did you guys see the Vidiyo leaks? The slimer guy (green Bandmate figure) has a new head piece that would work perfectly for a minifigure scaled Clayface.

Edited by cosmic

I don’t know if any of you already have seen a pic but Kingwong’s picture shows two lego penguins. Is that a hint for DC D2C or any regular set? 

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

Edit; did you guys see the Vidiyo leaks? The slimer guy (green Bandmate figure) has a new head piece that would work perfectly for a minifigure scaled Clayface.

I just came here to say that. Great recent DC sales plus the required mold already designed and in production, there’s literally nothing stopping LEGO from making a ClayFace minifigure now.

48 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

I just came here to say that. Great recent DC sales plus the required mold already designed and in production, there’s literally nothing stopping LEGO from making a ClayFace minifigure now.

Has DC been having strong sales lately? I hope that’s true I really want Lego to revive this theme. Is there a reliable place to see lego sales data per theme? I hope we eventually get a mini fig clayface with this mould. But unpopular opinion i enjoyed the brick built clayface that came in the Batcave. He just needed his back to be bulked out more.

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

Has DC been having strong sales lately? I hope that’s true I really want Lego to revive this theme. Is there a reliable place to see lego sales data per theme? I hope we eventually get a mini fig clayface with this mould. But unpopular opinion i enjoyed the brick built clayface that came in the Batcave. He just needed his back to be bulked out more.

All we get is a very simplistic data sheet that lets us know what Lego wants us to know. Their sales figures are so heavily guarded as to be mythical.

2 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

That was literally my first thought (and, frankly, only thought) upon seeing those as well. We literally now will have the pieces to make Clayface and Mad Hatter to finish out the "main" villain roster from way back in Lego Batman 1, and I will be sorely disappointed if we still don't see these two for years (or never at all).

2 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

All we get is a very simplistic data sheet that lets us know what Lego wants us to know. Their sales figures are so heavily guarded as to be mythical.

So there’s a possibility that this theme sells fine and receives a small amount of sets because of personal preferences on designers part and we would never know? Not saying thats true, the small set count is most likely related to sales, but this means that we really don’t know the inner workings of why this theme is the way it is. I’ll take that as a sign of hope that things can improve in both set quantity and quality over the coning years and we shouldn’t write that off. Alternatively, years of no set releases and just character packs and junior sets and mosaics and busts here and there could be the remainder of this themes future. That kind of uncertainty is what drives conversation about where this theme is headed. But fingers crossed.

1 hour ago, BaneShake said:

That was literally my first thought (and, frankly, only thought) upon seeing those as well. We literally now will have the pieces to make Clayface and Mad Hatter to finish out the "main" villain roster from way back in Lego Batman 1, and I will be sorely disappointed if we still don't see these two for years (or never at all).

that’d be so cool. Obviously unlikely but I’d like to see Mad Hatter with a new mould including his tuft of hair, but reusing the hat from TLBM penguin seems like an adequate choice. I’d welcome a Batgirl vs Mad Hatter and Clayface set featuring minifig clayface and classic Batgirl with dual molded legs. One could dream...

please lego revive this theme

8 hours ago, cosmic said:

Of course there’s strong sales, the latest release sold out on the first day. Enough said.

15 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Of course there’s strong sales, the latest release sold out on the first day. Enough said.

Thats just one product in the wave tho

38 minutes ago, thephantasm said:

Thats just one product in the wave tho

That’s the only one non 4+ set in the wave. It’ll show LEGO the fans still care and hopefully make bigger and more waves next year.

22 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I don’t know if any of you already have seen a pic but Kingwong’s picture shows two lego penguins. Is that a hint for DC D2C or any regular set? 

So um, we can’ discuss about this penguin pictures because it’s not legit? 

I would prefer a Clayface minifigure based on the original Batman game 

But I wouldnt complain if this mold ends up being recolored for him

On 4/27/2021 at 4:14 PM, DBlegonerd7 said:

We don’t know because hints are hints and not clarified. There’s supposed to be a sense of uncertainty with all “hints”. That said, I have two possible interpretations:

1. Penguin is included in the upcoming Batvehicle D2C and it most likely confirms the vehicle is from Batman Returns. 

2. Penguin is a character in next years the Batman, which was supposed to release this year (as were its sets). Potentially since the sets were supposed to release this year, some sort of production has begun but was held back? So maybe a minifig of the new DCCU Penguin could leak a year before the movie? Unlikely

so I’m going to guess the D2C is based on Batman Returns. But I’m so confused as to how this D2C is a Batvehicle. There are no missing Batvehicles from the Burton era no? I could see how the Adam West era likely has builds missing. And if Lego wants to supersize every Batvehicle I guess from that lense only 3 Bat-vehicles have been supersized (Tumbler, Burton Batwing and Batmobile). So they could always make a set with a gargantuan 60’s Batcopter and Batmobile each. But besides that I think we’ve gotten pretty much every major cinematic batvehicle (60’s/80’s/comics/nolan/modern) in some capacity. But if lego is looking to supersize all these builds, the Flying Fox has been made to minifigure scale, as was the Tumbler and Batwing of 08 and ‘13 respectively. In that sense I’d like to see the Burton batcave, or Penguin lair, or Parade Floats, but I’m like what is it gonna be as another Bat-vehicle? A new concept? Or a supersized version of something we already got? Ugh 

I doubt the penguin molds are a hint, especially considering both are fairly old. The main attraction in the tease is the new Thor figure, which would be a classic KingWong.

12 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

I doubt the penguin molds are a hint, especially considering both are fairly old. The main attraction in the tease is the new Thor figure, which would be a classic KingWong.

Even if they are a hint (which, as you said, they may well not be), It could still be the '66 Batmobile that's been speculated, as penguin is a villian to that version of Batman as well as Burton.

37 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Thank you, I was not sure if that penguin molds were a “hint” for future DC set. I mean, I could tell that penguin is from Wildlife Photograher form CMF. But I really don’t know if that penguin is referred to Batman’s enemy Penguin...

20 hours ago, cosmic said:

so I’m going to guess the D2C is based on Batman Returns. But I’m so confused as to how this D2C is a Batvehicle. There are no missing Batvehicles from the Burton era no? I could see how the Adam West era likely has builds missing. And if Lego wants to supersize every Batvehicle I guess from that lense only 3 Bat-vehicles have been supersized (Tumbler, Burton Batwing and Batmobile). So they could always make a set with a gargantuan 60’s Batcopter and Batmobile each. But besides that I think we’ve gotten pretty much every major cinematic batvehicle (60’s/80’s/comics/nolan/modern) in some capacity. But if lego is looking to supersize all these builds, the Flying Fox has been made to minifigure scale, as was the Tumbler and Batwing of 08 and ‘13 respectively. In that sense I’d like to see the Burton batcave, or Penguin lair, or Parade Floats, but I’m like what is it gonna be as another Bat-vehicle? A new concept? Or a supersized version of something we already got? Ugh 

We never got the Batski boat from returns, but it was confirmed to not be from that. In terms of things that could be supersized from movies there is:

Batman Forever mobile, submarine, boat, and wing

Batman Returns Batmissile (which doesn’t need anything tbh) and the boat I mentioned

Supersized 66 mobile and coptor

Anything from modern DCEU, such as the BvS mobile and wing, the Justice League mobile, or flying fox

The Bat from the Nolan movies, which would honestly be pretty epic.

That being said, something like a 89 batcave would be great to get at some point.

2 hours ago, Brickroll said:

We never got the Batski boat from returns, but it was confirmed to not be from that. In terms of things that could be supersized from movies there is:

Batman Returns Batmissile (which doesn’t need anything tbh) and the boat I mentioned

Anything from modern DCEU, such as the BvS mobile and wing, the Justice League mobile, or flying fox

That being said, something like a 89 batcave would be great to get at some point.

I want a 1989 Batcave so badly, does anyone think that it is a possibility anytime soon?

3 hours ago, Brickroll said:

But thats exactly my complaint. Why do we need supersized and regular sized version of each vehicle? Its so painfully obvious bat vehicles are all this theme is perceived to be. I’d rather all those sets were just made as regular retail sets at mini figure  scale because why do we need these giant display stands of lego bat vehicles? Why can’t it just be minifigure scaled and displayed like that? The new 66 Batmobile looks like it can be a great display piece and thats to scale. But I can’t have a sigh of relief because each time lego makes a bat vehicle I now take it we have to wait for regular versions and mega sized versions. And both get like maximum 3 figures. No leg printing. Lol. Maybe in ten years when we’ve gotten micro, mega, and regular sized builds for every batvehicle in existence, only then can we get a D2C for something else. Give me a break I hate this theme.

1 hour ago, bradreed715 said:

I want a 1989 Batcave so badly, does anyone think that it is a possibility anytime soon?

As for the odds of us getting a Batcave on the 80’s bat films? I have a few thoughts;

1. Never say never, but I’d prefer one bat cave D2C with references and details of each 1980’s Burton era Bat film. I don’t need a bat cave for each film clogging up our future release dates for 4 years (it was 4 films wasn’t it?) one build with references to each and minifigures and scenes from each will do

2. this is much preferable to a mega sized bat vehicle. Its more deserving of the price point. I wish regular sized builds for all the bat builds was the route of choice. I get anxious thinking of lego releasing each bat vehicle at each size before finally moving onto a new concept. 

3. besides a batcave, I’d love to see the parade float scene with inflatable clown and pink floats (+penguins duck float), a Gotham Museum break in, and maybe a regular D2C comic inspired Arkham with a cliff top prison layout inspired by the batman and Robin arkham escape scene.

38 minutes ago, cosmic said:

But thats exactly my complaint. Why do we need supersized and regular sized version of each vehicle? Its so painfully obvious bat vehicles are all this theme is perceived to be. I’d rather all those sets were just made as regular retail sets at mini figure  scale because why do we need these giant display stands of lego bat vehicles? Why can’t it just be minifigure scaled and displayed like that? The new 66 Batmobile looks like it can be a great display piece and thats to scale. But I can’t have a sigh of relief because each time lego makes a bat vehicle I now take it we have to wait for regular versions and mega sized versions. And both get like maximum 3 figures. No leg printing. Lol. Maybe in ten years when we’ve gotten micro, mega, and regular sized builds for every batvehicle in existence, only then can we get a D2C for something else. Give me a break I hate this theme.

As for the odds of us getting a Batcave on the 80’s bat films? I have a few thoughts;

1. Never say never, but I’d prefer one bat cave D2C with references and details of each 1980’s Burton era Bat film. I don’t need a bat cave for each film clogging up our future release dates for 4 years (it was 4 films wasn’t it?) one build with references to each and minifigures and scenes from each will do

2. this is much preferable to a mega sized bat vehicle. Its more deserving of the price point. I wish regular sized builds for all the bat builds was the route of choice. I get anxious thinking of lego releasing each bat vehicle at each size before finally moving onto a new concept. 

3. besides a batcave, I’d love to see the parade float scene with inflatable clown and pink floats (+penguins duck float), a Gotham Museum break in, and maybe a regular D2C comic inspired Arkham with a cliff top prison layout inspired by the batman and Robin arkham escape scene.

Oh that’s a good idea. I was thinking a batcave with 1989 and Batman returns elements in it but you could also add in some part of the forever and Batman and robin cave. I also have would love the parade float scene as a different option

I haven't been following rumors lately. Is there evidence that there might be a CMF series two for DC? What are the set rumors for summer 2021?