Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

6 hours ago, cosmic said:

Is anyone holding out hope for a comic wave next year? I know its unlikely considering this years mostly empty roster of regular retail sets, but I think back to how the 2015 and 2018 comic waves caught me off guard as I was pessimistic in the years preceding that about what this theme was becoming. So I always carry a bit of hope that even in small ways, lego can do things with this theme that can surprise and excite me. But also this year has been so bleak I eve wondered if the theme was going to be canceled. I have hope, but realistically this year alone has stripped me of my ability to judge what a normal year of releases would look like for lego DC. So we will see, but what do you guys expect in the coming years? Do you expect at least a small comics wave here and there? Do you think the current state of affairs (DCCU sets being the main priority of the theme) remaining?

Curious to hear what other Lego DC fans speculate, hope for, and rationalize for the future of this theme. Not trying to start an argument or raise conversation similar to what i have in the past. Trying to visualize what others think/hope for/see as a reasonable future for this theme.

No hope left, this is the dc thread

Hope for dc cmf 2 and a black adam set maybe. Honestly a dc cmf 2 would make a perfect wave for me

I would think a flash set is likely as well, expect keaton

Edited by thephantasm

19 minutes ago, thephantasm said:

Hope for dc cmf 2 and a black adam set maybe. Honestly a dc cmf 2 would make a perfect wave for me

Doubt that will happen as the series apparently flopped hard :def_shrug:

10 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Oh really? :look: TLBM S2 levels or lower? Either way, doesn’t exactly bode well for the future of this theme

42 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Oh really? :look: TLBM S2 levels or lower? Either way, doesn’t exactly bode well for the future of this theme

I've been told by a store employee that they had to discount them fairly quickly and ended up having to send large quantities back for recycling. 

3 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

I know it didn't flop as hard as lego movie 2 or lbm 2 or series 2 of most cmfs except disney but ofc it didn't reach the sales of harry potter 1 so we"ll see

Edited by thephantasm

I'm just trying to collect every DC Minifigure that looks close to the o.g. DCAU. Which surprisingly enough I've done pretty well, but a Hawkgirl would be nice that looks closer to that incarnation - and I'd really love a Dr. Fate, Zantana, and Question. However, the only way this will probably happen is another CMF wave, and given how it performed that may not happen.

I just got back into LEGO early this year after a 7ish year grey ages and I've already lost faith in the DC theme. I need to snag Brainiac Attack but besides that I picked up some DC CMF and a set or two for the minifigures and I'm already not expecting to get very excited in the future for DC sets since I'm not an obsessive Batman fan and don't care about any sets or minifigures based on live-action.

5 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

I've been told by a store employee that they had to discount them fairly quickly and ended up having to send large quantities back for recycling. 

That’s scarcely solid proof though, that’s word of mouth from one employee in one global store. There will be certain protocols that will be dependent upon the store’s location in the world, and the particular country. There will be global and national economic considerations. There will be comparisons to other waves. There will be the extraordinary consideration that the series came out on the brink of a global crisis which led to economic crises and mass store closure, which subsequently will have meant that their shelf life will have been shortened. The only ways to know for certain how well the series did is look at the company sales figures (borderline impossible), and wait to see if a second series comes out. If we don’t see or hear of one by the end of 2023, I think it’s safe to say that it’s dead.

1 hour ago, The_Creator said:

I'm just trying to collect every DC Minifigure that looks close to the o.g. DCAU. Which surprisingly enough I've done pretty well, but a Hawkgirl would be nice that looks closer to that incarnation - and I'd really love a Dr. Fate, Zantana, and Question. However, the only way this will probably happen is another CMF wave, and given how it performed that may not happen.

I just got back into LEGO early this year after a 7ish year grey ages and I've already lost faith in the DC theme. I need to snag Brainiac Attack but besides that I picked up some DC CMF and a set or two for the minifigures and I'm already not expecting to get very excited in the future for DC sets since I'm not an obsessive Batman fan and don't care about any sets or minifigures based on live-action.

I think i know how to make a pretty awesome zatanna and question 

Zatanna:

Lois lane bvs body

Hermione cmf 2 face

Black hair from jessica cruz

Question:

Dark purple hat from vidiyo

Jurrasic world masrani's body

Btw dr fate is in black adam so u could possibly hold out hope for a  set based on that

Edited by thephantasm

Apparently Keaton and Affleck’s Batmobiles will both be appearing in The Flash, so there’s some potential sets next year. They would make great additions to this $30 series that Lego seems to be doing with the 2019 Batmobile and 2021 60’s Batmobile sets. It could also give people who missed out on that ‘89 Batmobile promo a chance to get a minifigure scaled version of that vehicle.

I get everyone has an opinion and that DC sets are scarce but can we not keep beating the same dead horse (DC theme is dead) every week please? 

4 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

I get everyone has an opinion and that DC sets are scarce but can we not keep beating the same dead horse (DC theme is dead) every week please? 

You consistently misinterpret the way these conversations are angled and that’s on you man. The topic is where we see the theme going and what we think it would take to bring it back. Not every response was even about the theme being dead. We all have our ideas about what we may see in coming years and the shifting  schedule of the Batman movie is what explains this years release schedule but that doesn’t mean the direction this theme has been going in has either been predictable or consistent and its very fair to ask and speculate over what the future holds. From conception to right now Lego DC has been very unique to any lego theme licensed or in house ever imo and that warrants a conversation

6 hours ago, TheBatstan said:

What the absolute hell, 5 minutes ago it said "Coming Soon on April 26th".

It's actually available now that seems to have been some form of clerical error, thank GOD. 

Wait, false alarm, now it says "Available Now". Must've been a glitch, a glitch that nearly gave me a heart attack.

Just now, TheBatstan said:

Wait, false alarm, now it says "Available Now". Must've been a glitch, a glitch that nearly gave me a heart attack.

I was about to write a whole screed ranting about the bots lmaoooo. Thank goodness it was an error. 

Just now, hondohnaka said:

I was about to write a whole screed ranting about the bots lmaoooo. Thank goodness it was an error. 

Yup, I was about to call up Lego first thing tomorrow and ask them what happened lol. I had a feeling this set was going to be popular, but I didn't it would be so popular that it somehow went on Backorder minutes before it was officially released.

I just placed my order, only downside is that I didn't get the free shipping even though I spent $35 because according to the fine print it has to be $35.01 and not $34.99/$35, but it is what it is.

4 minutes ago, TheBatstan said:

Yup, I was about to call up Lego first thing tomorrow and ask them what happened lol. I had a feeling this set was going to be popular, but I didn't it would be so popular that it somehow went on Backorder minutes before it was officially released.

I just placed my order, only downside is that I didn't get the free shipping even though I spent $35 because according to the fine print it has to be $35.01 and not $34.99/$35, but it is what it is.

Yeah it's gonna be a banger but it's no 501st for sure. The shipping thing is infuriating me I'm currently refreshing Amazon over and over hoping they'll drop it before it gets schlorped because another 7 bucks? Really? 

Is the Batmobile not released in other retailers today as well? I checked Target & nothing. Their website is blank on it too. B&N was the same, not even in their system. 

15 hours ago, hondohnaka said:

66 Batmobile went straight to backorder. Bloody bots, man. 

I saw this, checked that my local store has them in stock but my lego store opens at 11am I went by 11:15am and all sets were sold out, one of my good friends who’s a rep at that store told me the line was around the corner 2 stores down the mall wanting the same set but they only got 6 in.

I’ll wake up earlier next time damn hahaha luckily I bought one at my legoland store but it was the last one!

13 minutes ago, eldiano said:

I saw this, checked that my local store has them in stock but my lego store opens at 11am I went by 11:15am and all sets were sold out, one of my good friends who’s a rep at that store told me the line was around the corner 2 stores down the mall wanting the same set but they only got 6 in.

I’ll wake up earlier next time damn hahaha luckily I bought one at my legoland store but it was the last one!

Holy smokes, pun fully intended, Batman. Lego still pretends they're a mom and pop shop in the 1950s. Like just make more product you're a multibillion dollar company with an immense fanbase you know it's going to be a freaking problem. Ughhhhh I'm not looking forward to the catastrophe that will be the summer Star Wars wave. 

From what I gather Lego isn’t communicating their lack of supply for a product correctly? 

38 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

Holy smokes, pun fully intended, Batman. Lego still pretends they're a mom and pop shop in the 1950s. Like just make more product you're a multibillion dollar company with an immense fanbase you know it's going to be a freaking problem. Ughhhhh I'm not looking forward to the catastrophe that will be the summer Star Wars wave. 

I learned my lesson! This won’t happen come June 1st! Between Star Wars, MCU and Creator 31120 no way hahaha it’s going down!!!

Star Wars Force Friday was the only holiday I lined up outside the Lego Store but never figured for DC sets it would had been the issue lolol 

On 4/25/2021 at 10:05 AM, lego_guyon02 said:

Upon reading this, I'm starting to think they might have a point with focusing only in Batman when it comes to do sets.

On 4/25/2021 at 5:01 AM, lego_guyon02 said:

That's so upsetting, I've literally seen them once before in my local store before people bought them up and other places like Target never even got them in my area it seemed. I thought the wave was pretty good. Some weird additions like Mr. Miracle, Bumblebee, Stargirl, and Metamorpho but still a strong CMF series. Leagues better than TLBM wave 2 imo.