Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

22 hours ago, Jack Sassy said:

I like your ideas, there could be another one experimented with - Penguin's christmas parade from Batman Returns, I would love to get a Max Shreck figure (good excuse for having a Christopher Walken figure).

Appreciate the response! Yes that sounds wonderful I’d love a set with that giant inflatable clown and one of those pink parade floats but it’d be costly to include all that. They’d probably just give us his duck float for $20-$30. 

6 hours ago, upliftingbricks said:

Seeing the recent Harry Potter Hogwarts leaks, makes me want a series of Arkham sets that combine in the same way. Could be any building really e.g. Star Labs/Hall of Justice (any building that doesnt fit a standard modular dimensions).

Love this idea. Think this works best for Arkham as it can be expansive and has been portrayed as being over a cliff top in some incarnations as well as having specialized rooms for some villains in others. If we want a fully enclosed Arkham that skips no detail I think that would work best. Lego is releasing the Daily Bugle for Marvel and over there I wished to see more NYC modular builds and I think Gotham and Metropolis would be great fits for a modular series as well. 

examples of metropolis buildings;

• Lexcorp

• Daily Planet

• Stark Labs

• Lexcorp Factory

Examples of Gotham Buildings;

• Arkham Asylum (Series)

• Iceberg Lounge

• Gotham City Fairgrounds (abandoned Joker hideout)

• Wayne Tech

• Wayne Manor

• Gotham Botanical Gardens

• Gotham City Docks 

• Abandoned Ice Cream Factory

13 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

Those Harry Potter maxi figs makes me think of Atom Smasher, Giganta, Trigon, and the Anti-Monitor. I suppose you could include Spectre in that as well, given his spiritual form.

Ah if only Lego would give us a Giganta set. I’d love to see it. I want more Wonder Woman villains and this new Hermione showed me that Lego can successfully pull off giant fig hair. I’d want more than one set with her, one with her leopard print dress and medium length red hair and another with her yellow and black jumpsuit with short brown hair. If we could also get her JLU pink dress and long red hair incarnation I’d be sooooo thrilled. Anti Monitor would have to be a lot bulkier and taller so I don’t think this is a good reference for how he should be made. I’ve always thought Trigon would look great with the buildable Star-Wars/Chima (Bionicle-esque) building style with a specialized head.

Edited by cosmic

1 hour ago, RedHoodPug said:

Those Harry Potter maxi figs makes me think of Atom Smasher, Giganta, Trigon, and the Anti-Monitor. I suppose you could include Spectre in that as well, given his spiritual form.

Great Ideas!

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

Love this idea. Think this works best for Arkham as it can be expansive and has been portrayed as being over a cliff top in some incarnations as well as having specialized rooms for some villains in others. If we want a fully enclosed Arkham that skips no detail I think that would work best. Lego is releasing the Daily Bugle for Marvel and over there I wished to see more NYC modular builds and I think Gotham and Metropolis would be great fits for a modular series as well. 

After hearing about Daily Bugle I was hoping the DC D2C would be a modular too (of anything you suggested) but alas another vehicle :(

3 hours ago, cosmic said:

Ah if only Lego would give us a Giganta set. I’d love to see it. I want more Wonder Woman villains and this new Hermione showed me that Lego can successfully pull off giant fig hair. I’d want more than one set with her, one with her leopard print dress and medium length red hair and another with her yellow and black jumpsuit with short brown hair. If we could also get her JLU pink dress and long red hair incarnation I’d be sooooo thrilled. Anti Monitor would have to be a lot bulkier and taller so I don’t think this is a good reference for how he should be made. I’ve always thought Trigon would look great with the buildable Star-Wars/Chima (Bionicle-esque) building style with a specialized head.

Technically the sky’s the limit so you could go nuts and make him supersized like in the DCSV game, but he would be huge and so costly. The same size as these builds but in big fig style would be interesting. Trigon at this size but with the fawn/Gremlin legs would be of interest. It’s shame that there aren’t enough various flesh coloured parts to MOC a Giganta, even Atom Smasher would need plenty for the arms. But yeah, it’s about time Doris got her some Lego loving.

I actually never read or followed the DC Superhero-related thread at all. So I don’t have a chance to read the entire thread...

Say, is there a D2C set this year? Like Marvel is going to have Daily Bugle. 

10 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I actually never read or followed the DC Superhero-related thread at all. So I don’t have a chance to read the entire thread...

Say, is there a D2C set this year? Like Marvel is going to have Daily Bugle. 

Yes, we're getting an unknown vehicle D2C at some point.

10 hours ago, BigGuy4U said:

Yes, we're getting an unknown vehicle D2C at some point.

Just vehicle, not a modular-style building? 

5 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Just vehicle, not a modular-style building? 

All the rumours point at a vehicle. Hopefully if Marvel's Daily Bugle does well, LEGO might take a chance and do something similar for DC

Well one of our trusted leakers King Wong is teasing that it may be a Batmobile (surprise surprise). He's teased either the Batman Returns model, BvS or the 1966

Whilst I won't be collecting the D2C, I hope it's not 1966, just because we've gotten this scale set, though if it is 1966, guarantee they'll give us Robin, Batgirl and another villain that could've gone in the smaller set

Batman Returns would make sense with the past 2 being based on Burton films, and it'd be pretty cool to see figures based on that film, though for those who care about the D2Cs, it would suck to skip Penguin and Catwoman

BvS is one of my favourite Batmobiles, it was the only BvS set I bought of the 3. This would probably be a reach, but it could be a chance to cover some Snyder Cut figures, imagine that Deathstroke! But it would more likely just be BvS, which could still lead to higher detailed Batman and Superman figures. They could reuse the Cave Troll mold from LotR for Doomsday :laugh:

1 hour ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Well one of our trusted leakers King Wong is teasing that it may be a Batmobile (surprise surprise). He's teased either the Batman Returns model, BvS or the 1966

‘66 would tie in with the just revealed set, but BR would follow the ’89 model. Aside from the breakdown into the shuttle rocket and the armour plating function, is there anything outwardly different from the ‘89? BvS would be pretty slick. I’m leaning towards the ‘66, primarily for the reason given above, the fact that it’s an anniversary year, but also because that’s my longstanding prediction and I’m sticking by it :grin:

Forever not Returns! I don’t like that one, it’s such a gimpy look. Riddler and Two Face would be pretty bold though.

Edited by RedHoodPug

2 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Whilst I won't be collecting the D2C, I hope it's not 1966, just because we've gotten this scale set, though if it is 1966, guarantee they'll give us Robin, Batgirl and another villain that could've gone in the smaller set

Oooof, this hurts to read, but you're probably right. Knowing Lego, they'll capitalize on the missing figure from the lineup if they do a '66 Batmobile.

On 4/16/2021 at 8:41 AM, Quicksilver838 said:

Hopefully it's Mad Hatter, can't think of any other prominent villains we don't already have.

On 4/17/2021 at 12:46 AM, Brickroll said:

King Wong just posted an image of the ‘66 Batmobile too.

He also posted images of the Batman Forever and BVS batmobiles! As long as they get through them all, I don't care which irder they release it! 

Hoping the 66 vehicle comes with a trailer and Batboat,  they way we get Joker and Batman in there surf oufits! And of course Robin!

I hope the buildable characters in Harry potter line comingout, gets a super hero release! It can be added to the advant calendar wish list! 

For DC of course! 

22 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

He also posted images of the Batman Forever and BVS batmobiles! As long as they get through them all, I don't care which irder they release it! 

Hoping the 66 vehicle comes with a trailer and Batboat,  they way we get Joker and Batman in there surf oufits! And of course Robin!

I hope the buildable characters in Harry potter line comingout, gets a super hero release! It can be added to the advant calendar wish list! 

For DC of course! 

But its also like “going through them all” is a nightmare for me. Without sounding like a broken record this is just not exciting for me and I imagine many other fans. I’d be okay with these builds being regular sets but supersized versions of every bat vehicle in cinematic history taking up every DC d2c until there are no bat-vehicles to make into oversized sets sounds like a nightmare. Like when if ever will we get regular sets or D2C’s that focus on something more. I guess I can accept this to be the state of the theme but like ugh this is so lame.

7 hours ago, cosmic said:

But its also like “going through them all” is a nightmare for me. Without sounding like a broken record this is just not exciting for me and I imagine many other fans. I’d be okay with these builds being regular sets but supersized versions of every bat vehicle in cinematic history taking up every DC d2c until there are no bat-vehicles to make into oversized sets sounds like a nightmare. Like when if ever will we get regular sets or D2C’s that focus on something more. I guess I can accept this to be the state of the theme but like ugh this is so lame.

I wouldn’t worry about it going that far, there have been years when there’s been more than one Batmobile. I can think of about thirty without going to the books. If they did go through the back catalogue I’d rather it was in small scale, though. I reckon it’ll be screen versions, assuming it becomes an actual subtheme.

4 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

I wouldn’t worry about it going that far, there have been years when there’s been more than one Batmobile. I can think of about thirty without going to the books. If they did go through the back catalogue I’d rather it was in small scale, though. I reckon it’ll be screen versions, assuming it becomes an actual subtheme.

Is there somewhere online that keeps tracks of all the Bat-vehicles in the comics, animations and live action? 

36 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Is there somewhere online that keeps tracks of all the Bat-vehicles in the comics, animations and live action? 

BatmobileHistory.com

its really good, and covers lots of obscure versions like merchandising, but it stops before 2017. To be honest it left me surprised at quite how many there have been.

9 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

BatmobileHistory.com

its really good, and covers lots of obscure versions like merchandising, but it stops before 2017. To be honest it left me surprised at quite how many there have been.

Thanks so much! Perfect for replicating more Bat-Vehicles into LEGO.

On 4/19/2021 at 3:54 AM, RedHoodPug said:

It just would have been easier if all these bat-vehicles were to scale and occupied normal sized sets so 1. We would have actual waves full of regular retail sets and 2. We could have D2C’s that focus on actually large characters (Anti-Monitor) or locations (Apokolips, Titans Tower) that are actually deserving of the price range. I think these are only D2C’s because they’re super scaled and don’t really need to be. Scaled much smaller we could probably get more sets that cover the remaining properties quicker but doing 1 a year every other year is going to drag this into the totality of this theme. Its like I can’t win we don’t get regular sets and the few d2c’s we get go to old properties that will take so long to finish up.

On 4/19/2021 at 9:00 AM, RedHoodPug said:

BatmobileHistory.com

if that list means anything this theme has no future beyond over-scaled bat sets. I just hope someone at lego understands that a substantial amount of people want more out of this theme even if its just 3 sets a year with new figures and good print. I just want more out of this theme.

I hope the vehicle is from batman forever with riddler and two face figures. I would be happy with anything from 1989 batman,batman and robin,batman returns,batman forever,batman beyond,batman the animated series or even newer dark knight stuff. What i am scared the most is that its some garbage from 1966 show i have 0 interest in.

I may be looking into this too much,but in 2019 we first got a pursuit of joker batmobile with batman and joker for 30$ and then what i call "UCS" 1989 batmobile same year,2 years passed and now we have a batmobile from 1966 show with batman and joker for 30$ so my fear is that the next thing we get is 1966 "UCS" batmobile. Not to mention promo that came with 1989 batmobile had the same plaque as the 1966 set has so logically you can display 2 smaller sets with plaques and then 2 ucs sets.
I really hope i am wrong. 

2 hours ago, PreVizsla said:

I hope the vehicle is from batman forever with riddler and two face figures. I would be happy with anything from 1989 batman,batman and robin,batman returns,batman forever,batman beyond,batman the animated series or even newer dark knight stuff. What i am scared the most is that its some garbage from 1966 show i have 0 interest in.

I may be looking into this too much,but in 2019 we first got a pursuit of joker batmobile with batman and joker for 30$ and then what i call "UCS" 1989 batmobile same year,2 years passed and now we have a batmobile from 1966 show with batman and joker for 30$ so my fear is that the next thing we get is 1966 "UCS" batmobile. Not to mention promo that came with 1989 batmobile had the same plaque as the 1966 set has so logically you can display 2 smaller sets with plaques and then 2 ucs sets.

Not everything that you don’t like is garbage. 

7 hours ago, PreVizsla said:

some garbage from 1966 show

you mean the best batman ever?

2 hours ago, PGBQW said:

you mean the best batman ever?

This guy gets it.  Adam West rules.

15 hours ago, PreVizsla said:

I think you answered your own statement.

A Tumbler is also a possibility but I don’t think a first appearance Batmobile is iconic enough to warrant a D2C.

Is anyone holding out hope for a comic wave next year? I know its unlikely considering this years mostly empty roster of regular retail sets, but I think back to how the 2015 and 2018 comic waves caught me off guard as I was pessimistic in the years preceding that about what this theme was becoming. So I always carry a bit of hope that even in small ways, lego can do things with this theme that can surprise and excite me. But also this year has been so bleak I eve wondered if the theme was going to be canceled. I have hope, but realistically this year alone has stripped me of my ability to judge what a normal year of releases would look like for lego DC. So we will see, but what do you guys expect in the coming years? Do you expect at least a small comics wave here and there? Do you think the current state of affairs (DCCU sets being the main priority of the theme) remaining?

Curious to hear what other Lego DC fans speculate, hope for, and rationalize for the future of this theme. Not trying to start an argument or raise conversation similar to what i have in the past. Trying to visualize what others think/hope for/see as a reasonable future for this theme.