Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

17 hours ago, Brick Clicker said:

I feel people may have mixed feelings on the D2C set... but with every set some will like it and some won't...

Is it a remake of the 2014 Tumbler as some have suggested? That would justify mixed feelings (joy for those who missed the previous one and annoyance for those who already own its precursor) :grin:

On 4/3/2021 at 11:55 AM, Soupperson1 said:

That is really annoying and I thought €35 seemed unfair to $35. xP 

I see what you mean :cry_sad:

On 4/2/2021 at 11:35 PM, Anonknee Muss said:

For the first time in quite some time I’m actually disappointed.

The Joker 4+ set is $30 USD but £25. The 1966 Batmobile is also $30 USD but it’s £35?! $30 USD in the exchange is £21.67 plus your VAT it’s £27. So why on Earth am I paying an extra £8 just because I live in the UK?

The 1966 Batmobile is also an extra €5 EUR than the Joker 4+ set. Something’s not right somewhere down the line.

I have an answer to this now. LEGO factors in transportation costs, location of factories, taxes, import taxes etc. and that's why the prices will never perfectly match up. the 4+ Joker set has 136 pieces and the Batmobile has 345 pieces. I am satisfied with the answer the Customer Service lady gave me.

Edited by Anonknee Muss

Finally managed to watch the Snyder Cut (since HBO max doesn‘t exist outside the US, I had to wait for it to hit Sky). Gotta say, it‘s definitely an improvement over the theatrical version, but my opinion regarding LEGO sets didn‘t change at all :shrug_oh_well: 

They‘ve basically done all they could do with the 3 sets back in 2017, not much potential for additional ones, and the ones they did would’ve worked for this cut too, for the most part. Wouldn‘t mind a polybag based on it, if it weren‘t for the gratuitous blood splatters and F-bombs, making even the smallest tie-ins impossible :wacko: Way to shoot yourselves in the foot in terms of merchandise just for those few seconds of screentime :laugh:

10 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Wasn't that already confirmed?

I’m not sure if it was or not? I was hoping for a building to be honest. 

39 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Finally managed to watch the Snyder Cut (since HBO max doesn‘t exist outside the US, I had to wait for it to hit Sky). Gotta say, it‘s definitely an improvement over the theatrical version, but my opinion regarding LEGO sets didn‘t change at all :shrug_oh_well: 

They‘ve basically done all they could do with the 3 sets back in 2017, not much potential for additional ones, and the ones they did would’ve worked for this cut too, for the most part. Wouldn‘t mind a polybag based on it, if it weren‘t for the gratuitous blood splatters and F-bombs, making even the smallest tie-ins impossible :wacko: Way to shoot yourselves in the foot in terms of merchandise just for those few seconds of screentime :laugh:

Polybag of a repeat Wonder Woman with an exclusive sound brick that plays [ANCIENT LAMENTATION MUSIC] is all that's needed to make the 2017 sets into ZSJL. :laugh:

39 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I think the whole point was that since it's Snyder's vision and they let him do whatever he wanted for it, it was never going to be some mass-appeal film made to produce merchandise. (That said, I grant that they didn't need three F-bombs. Personally I think Batman's at the end should have been the only one to give it more weight).

I don't think it's likely we will see anything for it, but I think an 18+ set with Black Suit Superman and the new Steppenwolf made as a sort of diorama thing could be possible. And if they do end up #restoringthesnyderverse, they'd likely tone it down just a bit (removing the f-bombs and slightly toning down the blood), so it could have sets in the future.

13 minutes ago, PavillionDweller said:

Polybag of a repeat Wonder Woman with an exclusive sound brick that plays [ANCIENT LAMENTATION MUSIC] is all that's needed to make the 2017 sets into ZSJL. :laugh:

Good one :laugh_hard:

13 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I think the whole point was that since it's Snyder's vision and they let him do whatever he wanted for it, it was never going to be some mass-appeal film made to produce merchandise.

Funko produced a handful of Pop vinyls, but then again, they release them based on anything that can't get away fast enough :head_back: You're right though, letting Snyder complete his vision was certainly the point and I'm glad they allowed him to do that after the tragedy that befell his family. 

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I don't think it's likely we will see anything for it, but I think an 18+ set with Black Suit Superman and the new Steppenwolf made as a sort of diorama thing could be possible. And if they do end up #restoringthesnyderverse, they'd likely tone it down just a bit (removing the f-bombs and slightly toning down the blood), so it could have sets in the future.

We finally got round to watching Aquaman because it’s free on Amazon Prime and I’m a tightwad, and we got so far through thinking that our young son would enjoy it, right up to the desert scene when Aquaman drops 3/4 s**ts. 
Now about that Bat tank...

3 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

We finally got round to watching Aquaman because it’s free on Amazon Prime and I’m a tightwad, and we got so far through thinking that our young son would enjoy it, right up to the desert scene when Aquaman drops 3/4 s**ts. 
Now about that Bat tank...

I never saw Aquaman, but I heard it was a similar tone to Shazam, just more adult.

That bat tank would be a great set, it's unfortunate we only saw it for a few seconds. Hopefully if #restorethesnyderverse ends up happening and we get JL2 or a Ben Affleck Batman we see it more prominently.

6 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Funko produced a handful of Pop vinyls, but then again, they release them based on anything that can't get away fast enough :head_back: You're right though, letting Snyder complete his vision was certainly the point and I'm glad they allowed him to do that after the tragedy that befell his family. 

True. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if funko started making pops for random people in real life :laugh:.

8 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Even if the r rated stuff was cut out, no tie-ins would have been released because of how poorly those sets sold

59 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I never saw Aquaman, but I heard it was a similar tone to Shazam, just more adult.

Unfortunately aquaman's script was really awful and amber heard shouldn't play a leading role

7 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

I’m not sure if it was or not? I was hoping for a building to be honest. 

I believe FalconFan commented the single word vehicle some pages back when other members discussed the D2C. He can be cryptic but thats a pretty direct revelation in my eyes. I agree however, I was even ready to accept an Arkham remake but I was hoping for one of the many buildings (Lexcorp, Wayne Tech, Star Labs, Hall of Doom, Oa etc) of the DC universe to show up. Can’t see any Bat-Vehicle exciting me as pretty much every vehicle that could be made has been made and its probably an Adam West or Burton era vehicle that won’t be to scale. I’m just like how many old school vehicles are missing? How many more oversized antique builds do we get until we finally start receiving DC universe D2C’s focused in locations and settings not just restricted to Batman. To add to that large vehicle sets rarely have many figures and I’d love for dc sets to have a lot of figures.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

happening and we get JL2 or a Ben Affleck Batman we see it more prominently.

Not happening, snyder cut was for hbo max marketing, they are not gonna give this man more 500 mil movies. Also snyderverse didn't end, only snyder left

As for affleck he is appearing in the flash. However, he is on his way out with keaton and pattinson going in

Edited by thephantasm

43 minutes ago, thephantasm said:

Not happening, snyder cut was for hbo max marketing, they are not gonna give this man more 500 mil movies. Also snyderverse didn't end, only snyder left

The Snyder cut wasn't happening either, there was no way they would give that man $70 mil to finish a movie

1 hour ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

The Snyder cut wasn't happening either, there was no way they would give that man $70 mil to finish a movie

Hbo max marketing and covid

Its more likely for snyder to get an animated continuation or helm a hbo max mini something instead of a 500mil movie

Edited by thephantasm

3 hours ago, thephantasm said:

Even if the r rated stuff was cut out, no tie-ins would have been released because of how poorly those sets sold

Good point :laugh: A cheap polybag still could‘ve been on the table though, if it weren‘t for the rating

2 hours ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

One of the prevailing theories is that AT&T pressured WB into making it to promote HBO max, as @thephantasm points out. Giving Snyder $70 mil to create a streaming-exclusive director‘s / extended cut isn‘t the same thing as giving him $250 mil to create a theatrical sequel :shrug_oh_well:

My feelings in that regard are pretty mixed overall. While I enjoyed the cut, it‘s probably time to move on. The recently revealed plans for the two canned sequels sound like a bit of a mess anyway (Bruce and Lois having a son who becomes the next Batman?!)

I hope the DCEU, if we can still call it that, moves in a direction that allows for more LEGO tie-ins again. The Batman is already confirmed to have sets based on it, so let‘s hope the same goes for the Flash film and other projects like Shazam 2 :thumbup:

8 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

That bat tank would be a great set, it's unfortunate we only saw it for a few seconds. Hopefully if #restorethesnyderverse ends up happening and we get JL2 or a Ben Affleck Batman we see it more prominently.

Not seen Shazam yet, that’s next. I quite liked it, for an Aquaman film I’m not sure what people were expecting but there was a lot of good water effects, a lot of mental sea creatures, Orm being a tool with a cause, the birth of Black Manta done in a pretty decent way that gives scope for a return. It’s not without its faults, but I’ve seen worse. 
A big, solid tank, not the weird folding battering ram thing from a few years back.

I only just now got around to watching Batman v Superman last night. I am perfectly neutral on it. I watched the Ultimate Edition, so I don’t know what was or wasn’t in the theatrical cut, but I’m kind of surprised Lego did sets based on that movie with how graphic it was. (I know the theatrical cut was PG-13 and the Ultimate Edition was R but I digress.)

I plan on watching the Snyder Cut of Justice League soon. As of right now, I would not be expecting any Lego sets or direct continuations to the film itself. I’m glad Zack got to have his vision finally put out there though!

12 hours ago, The Stud said:

I only just now got around to watching Batman v Superman last night. I am perfectly neutral on it. I watched the Ultimate Edition, so I don’t know what was or wasn’t in the theatrical cut, but I’m kind of surprised Lego did sets based on that movie with how graphic it was. (I know the theatrical cut was PG-13 and the Ultimate Edition was R but I digress.)

I plan on watching the Snyder Cut of Justice League soon. As of right now, I would not be expecting any Lego sets or direct continuations to the film itself. I’m glad Zack got to have his vision finally put out there though!

In ultimate edition the biggest changes are clark investigates the bat branding and execution of prisoners supposedly by batman and lex's henchmen are sent to burn the bodies in the desert to make it look like they died as part of collateral damage when superman used his heat vision

Edited by thephantasm

So I’m gonna be a hypocrite and admit that once I started thinking about it I would enjoy some sets from the burton films. I kind of do want figures of Uma Thurmans Ivy, Arnold’s Freeze and Danny Devito’s Penguin. Some ideas for sets that are not super expensive giant vehicles;

$50 Gotham Museam Break In - Facade of the Museum with an Ice Tank. Walkway with museum ornaments and pillars leading to the staircase with the wall encompassing the back and right with the left side and front exposed. Figures - Freeze, 2 Goons, 1 Frozen Security, Batman

$30 Ivy Hideout - small body of water leading up to her big red flower bed she sits on. Two pillars besides the flower bed leading up to an archway that is only a facade but gives the complete look of her hideout much like how the council of Elrond captured the facade of the location perfect for the price range. Figures - Ivy new hair mould arm/leg printing + a kissy face, Robin, Batgirl (using S6 Intergalactic Hair)

$20 Bane and Ivy vs Gollums - meant to connect to Ivy’s Hideout, an extended piece of her hideout that connect to one or either pillar, includes a small walkway with boarded up walls and the pillars continuing from the other design. Some extra pieces to have the transformation from before vs Ivy takes it over. 4 figures (unlikely but I’m dreaming) Bane (using a torso mould like the bigger TMNT Turtle and Dog figures) Ivy (with a green headwrap similar to those in Lego elves, 2 Gollum Gangsters

hope people like the ideas of these I may make a second moc wave including figures like Miss Bee Haven, Riddler and Two-Face

Looks like all the big sites have gotten their early review copies of the '66 Batmobile, here's Brickset's review since they go into the most detail: https://brickset.com/article/58677/review-76188-batman-classic-tv-series-batmobile

The Batmobile looks even more beautiful in these pictures, I'm seriously counting down the days till the 26th. Only small issue is the OCD in me noticed that the logo stickers on the door areas aren't centered and one side of the red bat logo now has more white than the other half. Batman's logo on his belt isn't centered either, hope that isn't a common trend.

Edited by TheBatstan

4 hours ago, TheBatstan said:

Looks like all the big sites have gotten their early review copies of the '66 Batmobile, here's Brickset's review since they go into the most detail: https://brickset.com/article/58677/review-76188-batman-classic-tv-series-batmobile

The Batmobile looks even more beautiful in these pictures, I'm seriously counting down the days till the 26th. Only small issue is the OCD in me noticed that the logo stickers on the door areas aren't centered and one side of the red bat logo now has more white than the other half. Batman's logo on his belt isn't centered either, hope that isn't a common trend.

I think that’s a printer error rather than intentional design.

On 4/10/2021 at 5:03 AM, cosmic said:

$50 Gotham Museam Break In - Facade of the Museum with an Ice Tank. Walkway with museum ornaments and pillars leading to the staircase with the wall encompassing the back and right with the left side and front exposed. Figures - Freeze, 2 Goons, 1 Frozen Security, Batman

$30 Ivy Hideout - small body of water leading up to her big red flower bed she sits on. Two pillars besides the flower bed leading up to an archway that is only a facade but gives the complete look of her hideout much like how the council of Elrond captured the facade of the location perfect for the price range. Figures - Ivy new hair mould arm/leg printing + a kissy face, Robin, Batgirl (using S6 Intergalactic Hair)

$20 Bane and Ivy vs Gollums - meant to connect to Ivy’s Hideout, an extended piece of her hideout that connect to one or either pillar, includes a small walkway with boarded up walls and the pillars continuing from the other design. Some extra pieces to have the transformation from before vs Ivy takes it over. 4 figures (unlikely but I’m dreaming) Bane (using a torso mould like the bigger TMNT Turtle and Dog figures) Ivy (with a green headwrap similar to those in Lego elves, 2 Gollum Gangsters

I like your ideas, there could be another one experimented with - Penguin's christmas parade from Batman Returns, I would love to get a Max Shreck figure (good excuse for having a Christopher Walken figure).

Seeing the recent Harry Potter Hogwarts leaks, makes me want a series of Arkham sets that combine in the same way. Could be any building really e.g. Star Labs/Hall of Justice (any building that doesnt fit a standard modular dimensions).

Those Harry Potter maxi figs makes me think of Atom Smasher, Giganta, Trigon, and the Anti-Monitor. I suppose you could include Spectre in that as well, given his spiritual form.