Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

38 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

Given the misinformation that has been circulating this year with various themes, I’m not entirely convinced. Anyway if it proves a popular and successful film then there is hope. 

Not entirely convinced by what exactly? There’s no surprise wave or anything like that on the horizon :tongue: And the D2C being a Batvehicle is pretty obvious

9 hours ago, AmperZand said:

I would urge you and everyone thinking of getting it at £35 to hold back. It will only encourage LEGO to increase UK prices even further if we give in.

The minifigure scale Batmobile from 2019 (set 76119) had almost the same number of pieces and also had two minifigures that were the same characters as this latest set but was priced at £10 less. Inflation doesn’t account for the 40% price hike. A message needs to be sent to LEGO HQ that stupid pricing does not happy customers make. As much as I like this latest Batmobile, I’ll be waiting until there’s a substantial discount at Argos, Amazon or Zavvi.

You absolutely hit the nail on the head! For the second time in my life I will be waiting for this set to go on sale. 

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Not entirely convinced by what exactly? There’s no surprise wave or anything like that on the horizon :tongue: And the D2C being a Batvehicle is pretty obvious

Like when we were told that the 4+ set was 1966 based, or the guesswork surrounding the D2C. I’ve never second guessed the legitimacy of the D2C, in fact a few pages back you’ll see that I said that I went all in on it being the ’66 Batmobile, something I still stand by. If the last twelve months have taught me anything, it’s not to be surprised by anything Lego is prepared to do.

Please Lego just give us something other than Batman, it’s great but it’s repetitive especially when compared to the fantastic DC sets we got from 2014-2016 and 2018.

52 minutes ago, Bobby Drake said:

Please Lego just give us something other than Batman, it’s great but it’s repetitive especially when compared to the fantastic DC sets we got from 2014-2016 and 2018.

Unfortunately I don’t think Lego has much wiggle room. At this point the sets reflect the fact that most audiences are uninterested in anything DC thats not Batman. What we can hold them to is increasing the print quality and using new designs for Batmans rogues and supporting characters. But at this point having any standard for this theme seems silly. I’ve grown to lose hope in the potential for this theme and the DC brand as a whole tbh.

24 minutes ago, cosmic said:

What we can hold them to is increasing the print quality and using new designs for Batmans rogues and supporting characters.

Yeah I get it and it is honestly really sad to see this theme “die”. I think back to the cool versions of Batman they gave us in the Green Lantern set and the Toys R Us exclusive pack. Hopefully if they are gonna make Batman sets, they can revive the variety with interesting outfits.

1 minute ago, Bobby Drake said:

Yeah I get it and it is honestly really sad to see this theme “die”. I think back to the cool versions of Batman they gave us in the Green Lantern set and the Toys R Us exclusive pack. Hopefully if they are gonna make Batman sets, they can revive the variety with interesting outfits.

I’m going back and getting a few of the many The Lego Batman Movie sets/CMFs I missed out on and I really think line is where this theme peaked. It’s really a shame, because I didn’t truly become a DC fan until this year (hence why I didn’t get too many TLBM sets back when they came out.)

It’s sad, but hopefully Lego can turn this theme around like they’re reportedly doing with Marvel this year.

I can guarantee that black adam will not be rated R

This theme peaked with the glorious comics cmf

Also a jessica cruz polybag was a miracle

Edited by thephantasm

1 hour ago, The Stud said:

I’m going back and getting a few of the many The Lego Batman Movie sets/CMFs I missed out on and I really think line is where this theme peaked. It’s really a shame, because I didn’t truly become a DC fan until this year (hence why I didn’t get too many TLBM sets back when they came out.)

It’s sad, but hopefully Lego can turn this theme around like they’re reportedly doing with Marvel this year.

I hate to sound pessimistic but its been too many years of hoping a new wave with a greater quantity of seta of increased quality of prints on figures or new concepts used appears and it never does and I always find this theme sprinkled with comments of I hope they turn the tide. I really want to entertain the idea but it drives me insane. I actually want to work for DC one day I fantasize constantly about fixing its issues.

35 minutes ago, cosmic said:

. I actually want to work for DC one day I fantasize constantly about fixing its issues.

Same. But to do so, you basically have to climb the ladder in the industry starting as an intern and even then it would be really difficult to get to a position where you have significant creative input 

I feel people may have mixed feelings on the D2C set... but with every set some will like it and some won't...

Edited by Brick Clicker

20 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

I feel people may have mixed feelings on the D2C set... but with every set some will like it and some won't...

It will be mixed depending on if Lego chooses to make it comic book based or movie based. 

23 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

If it's any Batvehicle other than a  UCS '66 Batmobile I probably won't buy it, especially with the Batwing still on the market. 

52 minutes ago, Trainfan20 said:

It will be mixed depending on if Lego chooses to make it comic book based or movie based. 

Honestly, I can't see them doing a Comic inspired Bat Vehicle

6 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Honestly, I can't see them doing a Comic inspired Bat Vehicle

Exactly. For this d2c it could be movie based or comic book based 

1 hour ago, Brick Clicker said:

I think that‘s already the case now, since it‘s been confirmed to be a Batvehicle :shrug_oh_well: Non-minifig scale sets tend to be divisive per default 

Edited by Lego-Freak

2 hours ago, Brick Clicker said:

Biggest understatement of the year lol 

1 hour ago, Trainfan20 said:

Exactly. For this d2c it could be movie based or comic book based 

I literally said I can't see it being comic book based

9 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I think that‘s already the case now, since it‘s been confirmed to be a Batvehicle :shrug_oh_well: Non-minifig scale sets tend to be divisive per default 

Yup, even though I'm an avid comic fan I still don't care about the d2c if its non minifig scale

But if brick clicker is speaking from an insider's perspective, I'm beginning to think that the d2c is 89 batboat

Edited by thephantasm

29 minutes ago, thephantasm said:

But if brick clicker is speaking from an insider's perspective, I'm beginning to think that the d2c is 89 batboat

Nope

If it's really a vehicle I would say the new car from the new batman movie